Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,564 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West (33652 Views)

Ketchup Rebrands: Records Show Me Yuh Rozay (Remix) With Olamide, Phyno / Exclusive: Akon’s Mom Speaks On ‘chop My Money’ Remix With P Square And More / D Banj And Mohits Crew Shoot Mr Endowed Remix With Snoop In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 7:11pm On Apr 22, 2013
So I log on to a rap blog to catch some news and notice dbanj's song with Kanye making the news and the comments left me lol. And to think this guy was the biggest artist in NIgeria. Here are some: grin grin grin

[b] Smokey says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 10:41 AM EST

…garbage. How the Bleep did this dude get signed?

Simon says:
Monday, April 22 2013 at 4:10 AM EST

You guy’s don’t get it.
Nigerian music is not especially great.. It’s mostly designed for the African party and the original song was a hit especially at wedding’s.

D’Banj isn’t particularly talented, he doesn’t rap, doesn’t sing, can’t dance (Like a Nigerian Lil Wayne) but he’s probably the biggest artiste in Africa. + He had one of the biggest songs in the UK last year.

‘Ye killed it as always

HOV says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 4:15 PM EST

LOL what is this ye? Sounds like it’s straight outta 2007 tbh

Germ says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 2:19 PM EST

this song is bad (not in a good way either) i mean its a typical African influenced song, but, idk nothing special here

Media Anarchist/Guerilla Blog says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 1:02 PM EST

That shit is trash! Are you freakin kiddin me lol?

StarFox64 says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 12:31 PM EST

damn i feel like im watching lion king..

logan says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 11:04 AM EST

Only reason people came to this post was for their lord yeezy

JHP says:
Sunday, April 21 2013 at 10:57 AM EST

Yeezy’s verses are tight, but the overall song is terrible, what the hell does Ye see in this nigga if this is how all his music sounds?
[/b]
http://rapradar.com/2013/04/21/new-music-dbanj-x-kanye-west-scape-goat-remix/#comments

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by kingingkinging: 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2013
At least he has done something.

Let others too do something worth commenting on....

Thumbs up D'banj...

36 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by IKILL: 7:46pm On Apr 22, 2013
when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised

127 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Manweysabi(m): 8:03pm On Apr 22, 2013
No mind dem jor... they expected d'banj to do the american thingy... we are Africans... Africans Awoooo!!! cool

13 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 8:08pm On Apr 22, 2013
Manweysabi: No mind dem jor... they expected d'banj to do the american thingy... we are Africans!!! cool
Be deceiving and fooling yourself. Music has no language. Fela's music was appreciated in the US. The truth is Nigerian music of this era is overhyped thrash by Nigerians.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Manweysabi(m): 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Be deceiving and fooling yourself. Music has no language. Fela's music was appreciated in the US. The truth is Nigerian music of this era is overhyped thrash by Nigerians.
nurrin you can do about it... Africaaaaaaans...... Awoooo grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2013
Manweysabi: nurrin you can do about it... Africaaaaaaans...... Awoooo grin grin grin
Awoooooooooo cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by rozayx5(m): 8:28pm On Apr 22, 2013
yeah yeah we have heard, what meaning does Lil waynes rap have undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Manweysabi(m): 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Awoooooooooo cheesy cheesy
+1 now you are gerrin it.. cool
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Ejine(m): 8:48pm On Apr 22, 2013
I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

Mah boi D'Banj said he wanted to build the bridge from Africa to America, but e be like say im cement don finish.

68 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by GraceBestowed(f): 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2013
D'Banj is not your typical crossover artiste, he is solely African. It is not unusual that the Americans don't like the song. I think D'Banj has done well for himself (as per being recognised), but he would have to do something drastic to win hardcore 'western' fans!

11 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by spicyshot(f): 9:01pm On Apr 22, 2013
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised

my tots exactly... Tot i was d only 1 who disliked d'banj...

4 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 9:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
shocked

13 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by luvablesam(m): 10:51pm On Apr 22, 2013
if they dint like d'banjs song cos they tot its 'crap' then i tink d feeling is mutual.in simple termz no one plays any american songs in naija parties anymore,who plays an usher song when u got p-sqaure or nicki minaj wen we got our own eva or muna.besides d OP's thread is as a result of a bloggers writeup plus his little town followers n d OP,this dosnt in anyway rep what d entire America tinks.

13 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by NessaFresh(f): 10:58pm On Apr 22, 2013
I'll rather watch lion king!!!!! LWKMD! Dude is mean AF
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Abbey2sam(m): 11:02pm On Apr 22, 2013
rozayx5: yeah yeah we have heard, what meaning does Lil waynes rap have undecided undecided
A lot man........incomparable

Take it or leave it, any musician that's been celebrated in US of A is a star

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:20pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ejiné: I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

Mah boi D'Banj said he wanted to build the bridge from Africa to America, but e be like say im cement don finish.

Damn! You don finish the guy be that grin grin grin grin
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tellwisdom: 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2013
That dude with a burial song again??.....I no know why person go dey sing burial song when person no die sad

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 22, 2013
It will make waves in Africa jare. I don't care for American music these days either. undecided All them yeezy, weezy, wazu, such a bore!

3 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 11:43pm On Apr 22, 2013
luvable sam: if they dint like d'banjs song cos they tot its 'crap' then i tink d feeling is mutual.in simple termz no one plays any american songs in naija parties anymore,who plays an usher song when u got p-sqaure or nicki minaj wen we got our own eva or muna.besides d OP's thread is as a result of a bloggers writeup plus his little town followers n d OP,this dosnt in anyway rep what d entire America tinks.
You are one sick fellow. If you think the feeling is mutual then why are American artist still headlining shows in Nigeria? Raking x100 of what Nigerian artist earn in Nigeria? Let me assure you, this is the average opinion of Americans towards this song. I can give you more links. If you think Nigeria music has substance you should have your head examined

6 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
Ejiné: I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

This your bad mouth LMAOOO.. I bet he added enough concrete to the cement
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by LesbianBoy(m): 11:47pm On Apr 22, 2013
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised
LMAO@ ''what do they know about singing''.....Youngman, they dont know anything about singing yet they are soooooo famous, they are the once making the most money, driving the BIG cars, winning awards everywere, going for show locally and internationally etc while your so called bez, darey and co. are still struggling in the industry! grin grin

rozayx5: yeah yeah we have heard, what meaning does Lil waynes rap have undecided undecided
Thank you for this post! Am a HUGE fan of Lil wayne and Birdman (especially birdman a.k.a the Number 1 stunner! tongue) but i cant deny the fact that they both sing trash SOMETIMES! Yet they are 'top dogs' in the america music industry.

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 23, 2013
"And Nadia Buari, cos she no dey drink garri" grin

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2013
I don't hold any resentment against kiki master. He knows he is not a Singer. He is just "An Entertainer"... He said so himself.

8 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 12:05am On Apr 23, 2013
It's so easy not to feel the song. With an exception to Kanye's rap, the remix is no different from the original. D'banj just sang everything again, word for word. Kanye tried though.

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 23, 2013

LMAOOOOO!!! grin grin

uniqueval: I don't hold any resentment against kiki master. He knows he is not a Singer. He is just "An Entertainer"... He said so himself.
I tire o, did D'banj ever tell anybody he could sing or rap? He only said he's an eja nla, the entertainer and that's what he's doing right now, entertaining us grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by airmark(m): 12:33am On Apr 23, 2013
One man's meat is another's poison.lil wayne's lollipop won grammy yet he was criticised. Dbanj sang top of the world, they said its a burial song. He sang 'why you love me like that', peeps said its a wack song/lyrics. Summary: you can't satisfy everyone, so Op continue your pull-him-down efforts, while he keeps raking in millions.

12 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by baynix(m): 12:34am On Apr 23, 2013
That Last Comment Ehn?? I Feel Like Cryin For Skibanj oo!! His Career Is F.ucked!! Buh Nigga Still Gettin Money!! Hell Yeah!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 23, 2013
This is still his best ever song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQP-etYU1ps

5 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Scarpon(m): 12:54am On Apr 23, 2013
now playing:2face. if nobody talks about u then u are nobody

4 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 4:08am On Apr 23, 2013
In the process of trying to be an America wannabe,Dbanj actually shot himself in the leg,he's neither there,nor here. His image is just going down the drain,he has lost the hype,he thought the nursery rhymes would move market in the America world,where they know good music,and and talented acts.

He thought he could push down the rubbish he fed us with here there..

Mr "No long things",please come back home,before they make you a scape goat.

6 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 4:09am On Apr 23, 2013
Yomieluv: In the process of trying to be an America wannabe,Dbanj actually shot himself in the leg,he's neither there,nor here. His image is just going down the drain,he has lost the hype,he thought the nursery rhymes would move market in the America world,where they know good music,and and talented acts.

He thought he could push down the rubbish he fed us with here there..

Mr "No long things",please come back home,before they make you a scape goat.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Headies Next Rated Nominees And Winners From 2006 - 2020 / Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? / Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.