Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West (33633 Views)

Ketchup Rebrands: Records Show Me Yuh Rozay (Remix) With Olamide, Phyno / Exclusive: Akon’s Mom Speaks On ‘chop My Money’ Remix With P Square And More / D Banj And Mohits Crew Shoot Mr Endowed Remix With Snoop In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tellwisdom: 1:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
ufotuko: I remembered the day I listened and watched the interview a presenter did with don jazzy and was asked about the beef between him and dbanj and his response to that question made me to know that those guys know what they are doing,but is their fans that are fighting each other,I will not be shocked when I hear that these same guys dbanj and don jazzy get back,na their fans like you just dey use panadol for another person headache

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by BankuTilapia: 1:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
kingingkinging: At least he has done something.

Let others too do something worth commenting on....

Thumbs up D'banj...
Something worth nothing grin
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by omar22(m): 1:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by pongwa(m): 1:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
i now have reason to believe nairaland is full of mad men and women...... Imagine some American fools talkin gibberish about our very own. And we dey add salt to injury. They make crap music themselves. Psy is a world renowned artist and wat does he sing sef? But his people love him. THE MORE WE REASON LIKE AMERICANS THE MORE WE REMAIN THEIR SLAVES(NAIJA ALL THE WAY JOR)

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by larrysmith(m): 1:32pm On Apr 23, 2013
Naijaa ppl won't kill me wit laugh, I wish u all knw d population of america or african in d usa, u won't b sayin dis, for real, dat song u re complainin abt is on number 2 on Hottest songs and mix tapes (google it) on d day it was officially released, dnt forget dis guy did a song wit snoop lion nd later oliver twist dat is still rockin everywhere till date and still hold d record of d highest view video released by an africa dude wit over 18millions hit on youtube and it was generally accepted, yankee is no for rap n dey say thrash, dbanj is doin his best to teach dem our culture, so u all shld stopp hating, and for dos sayin scape goat is thrash in yankee I challenge them to tell me ow many song release is gud in yankee and dos ppl re low life scumbag dat has no value in life, and finally, if u dnt support ur own who will? And tell me ow many naija has strong n sweet lyrics? I saw sumone sayin iyanya, dat person must b joking cus he is worse. N if for dare, praiz and co, if dey go to yankee, no one will tell dem to come back home cus dat is home of entertainment, americans need new ting and afrobeat or afropop is d key not RnB.

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 1:35pm On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl: I quote PeterPsquare- I would rather remain a king within Africa than a slave somewhere else.

Did Kokomaster really think somewhere in his small, deluded brain that he would be able to sell the advance CR@P he calls music to the world? If even Americans with their sometimes wack taste in music can detect his lack of talent, what more the rest of the world?

He better run from the demonic entities he hangs with while he still has the chance, before he'll be begging Soundcity for work and interviewing Iyanya.

And yes, I'm a HATER
aah u are here seems dbanj gives u sleepless night and who even made the ugly looking usher wannabe the king in africa in ur deluded mind i guess.do u even think psquare case is not going to be anything different or worse than dbanj now they cant even pass the shores of africa because they lack originality the only thing they can do best is copy copy
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dammytosh: 1:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Compare all your posts on Nairaland and mine and see who is dumber or more moronic.

I am quoting you so that you will be aware that i saw your post and tireless effort to prove that Dbanj is washing Kim's panties.

Dbanj I know and a lot of people know too but will likely die anonymous because of your unnecessary hatred.

Ejiné:

PS: D'Banj is in an alliance with Def Jam Records, which is a subsidiary of UNIVERSAL STUDIOS, not Sony. Atleast check your facts properly before spewing trash on a public forum.
http://www.dbanjrecords.com/dbanj-signs-exclusive-deal-to-sony-music/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/12/dbanj-k-switch-signs-with-uk-sony-music-as-oliver-twist-gets-four-nominations-at-world-music-awards/

Mr hater and fact checker, Die struggling with your 'go back to Don Jazzy campaign'. I am done with you. Feel free to rant and rant and rant.

bad_ass_nigga:

hater. u r wrong sir.

naijagists.com/dbanj-signs-a-mega-recording-deal-with-sony-music/

D'banj is doing well than out of job loyal milk man.
milk hawking on d street of LAGOS.
gringringrin
If only his hatred will allow him open that link ..... foolish hater
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Itulah(m): 1:38pm On Apr 23, 2013
Why the heck will Dbanj overshadowing Don jazzy`s back up voice? The song it`n`t well framed like Psquare and Rick Ross. No scence at all....
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dammytosh: 1:39pm On Apr 23, 2013
larrysmith: Naijaa ppl won't kill me wit laugh, I wish u all knw d population of america or african in d usa, u won't b sayin dis, for real, dat song u re complainin abt is on number 2 on Hottest songs and mix tapes (google it) on d day it was officially released, dnt forget dis guy did a song wit snoop lion nd later oliver twist dat is still rockin everywhere till date and still hold d record of d highest view video released by an africa dude wit over 18millions hit on youtube and it was generally accepted, yankee is no for rap n dey say thrash, dbanj is doin his best to teach dem our culture, so u all shld stopp hating, and for dos sayin scape goat is thrash in yankee I challenge them to tell me ow many song release is gud in yankee and dos ppl re low life scumbag dat has no value in life, and finally, if u dnt support ur own who will? And tell me ow many naija has strong n sweet lyrics? I saw sumone sayin iyanya, dat person must b joking cus he is worse. N if for dare, praiz and co, if dey go to yankee, no one will tell dem to come back home cus dat is home of entertainment, americans need new ting and afrobeat or afropop is d key not RnB.

Leave Loya Milk Ambassadors. They have a point to prove always and it is that

"Dbanj's career is dead since he left Mohits." and

I kept wondering why not walk up to Don Jazzy and tell him you are as useless, talentless and unsellable like Dbanj and let him make another star out of you.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by wandeykul(f): 1:51pm On Apr 23, 2013
Manweysabi: +1 now you are gerrin it.. cool
nhmmm awo......
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Mortiple(m): 2:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: tongue just listened to the remix and really except for Kanye's input, Dbanj just belted out the old song all thru..he didn't even spice it up..
#Dont judge me, I am not a fan of dbanj..never have been..I insist that he has nothing sensible( music or lyrics wise ) up his sleeves..
*Btw, gimme Sound Sultan, 9ice, Lagbaja, and even Akon, ..and away with dbanj...
Lol..Dbanj Lovers, make una no vex oh!
SOUND SULTAN stands out! But do me a favour by adding few names to that list - Asa, Beautiful Nubia and Femi Kuti.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by churific(m): 2:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
That's only a taste of some of the critiques abroad.

We do not demand our artists to work hard. Our Nigerian so called artists don't really work hard enough (with the exception of a few good ones.) We hear a catchy beat and chorus and that's it for us. Whether the lyrics is rubbish, we really don't care.

African artists can drop 1 album a week if you let them because the music is all beats and empty, simplified lyrics. We enjoy it because we are more interested in the "dance-ability" but we need to start demanding more from these people before you let the "chop your money!"
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Cornel88(m): 2:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Manweysabi: nurrin you can do about it... Africaaaaaaans...... Awoooo grin grin grin
This awooo wey you dey do... No let one whiteman hear you o... Make dem no call you monkey. *Taking from experience*
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by achu442(m): 2:50pm On Apr 23, 2013
Thats why i respect 2face.He went to Jamaica last 3years and held them to ransome for one full week.Even Damien Marley confessed about it...
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by ifedayoonikola(m): 2:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You are one sick fellow. If you think the feeling is mutual then why are American artist still headlining shows in Nigeria? Raking x100 of what Nigerian artist earn in Nigeria? Let me assure you, this is the average opinion of Americans towards this song. I can give you more links. If you think Nigeria music has substance you should have your head examined
[color=#006600][/color]haaaaaaa!dats bad.naija has substance but guys like u made dese guys sing nonsense.u will never buy an album of guys with good music cos u believe dey ve not said d vulgar words u wanted and will never watch der video unless dey use gals with open chest.don't forget dey must make money and dey have to find a way to get to u.I think d problem is d industry itself and organization not encouraging d real talents.every bit of dis nation is politics which has already been soiled with water drawn frm a corrupt well.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 23, 2013
YOU KILLED IT. SO ON POINT!!
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by camelus: 2:58pm On Apr 23, 2013
luvable sam: if they dint like d'banjs song cos they tot its 'crap' then i tink d feeling is mutual.in simple termz no one plays any american songs in naija parties anymore,who plays an usher song when u got p-sqaure or nicki minaj wen we got our own eva or muna.besides d OP's thread is as a result of a bloggers writeup plus his little town followers n d OP,this dosnt in anyway rep what d entire America tinks.
Ops that we do not play American Musik in Nigerian Parties @ Home again does it mean American Musik do not have value or are meaningless again!U got to be kidding me.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 3:01pm On Apr 23, 2013
kingingkinging: At least he has done something.

Let others too do something worth commenting on....

Thumbs up D'banj...

YOUNG MAN, WE TALK TRUE FOR NAIJA, U NO BELIEVE, NA AMERICANS NEED TO TELL U TRUTH BE4 U BELIEVE? NA WA... NAS SAID HIP HOP IS DEAD, I SAY MUSIC IS DEAD, FIND OUT WHAT HE MEANT BY THAT.. AND DON'T PRAISE WHAT YOU SEE ON TELEVISION, SOMEONE SAYING I AM THE KOKO MASTER, I AM THIS, BLA BLA BLA, GO BEYONG THAT AND UNDERSTAND WHAT GOES ON IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY, ANYWAY, THERE WILL ALWAYS BE TRASH PEOPLE LISTENING TO TRASH TALENTS, SO WHY BOTHER.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by ugotuf(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
HE SHOULD HAVE REMAINED HERE AND CONTINUED TO BE THE VILLAGE CHAMPION THAN TO GO OUT THERE AND DISGRACE HIMSELF THERE.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by badboym: 3:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
Are you guys sure you're not only posting the negative responses?There must be some Americans that posted something positive about the song even though I haven't heard it.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Osamabinla: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2013
Though D'Banj might be singing crap, there is one thing about the American culture, they always believe that whatever they do is the best and whatever they produce is the best. There are many celebrated artist in USA who also sing crap too and they don't get castigated as this. If you don't do your thing the American way, it's surely a tight market for you . The problem I see for D'Banj in the long run is this, he may loose part of the African market in the process of trying to do things the American way, at the end of the day he ll neither be here nor there. Kanye is a business man, I wait to see as the future rolls.
This days most Nigerian hip-hop artist sing plenty craps because it's the crap that's celebrated, people only dance to the beat and don't listen to the wordings of the songs and most of these songs are designed with party dance steps intuition and club remixes. The truth is this , if you are a manufacturer of a product, you will only produce what the market will buy tho not a justification for crap production so I wouldn't blame any artist or producer. Bad things don't last sha. Only the best songs stands the test of time.
I still see a lot room for improvement in the Nigerian music industry.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by larrysmith(m): 3:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
As at nau that same song "scape goat" is on number one chat." today's hottest songs n mixtape in america", so dnt u ppl tink we shld take sumtin positive from dis? A lot of songs was release dis last week and month bt non of dem ws on d list uptill nau. My ppl let's leave beef alone, and appreciate our own. I said it before now that no one in naija has dos lyrics american wana hear,and same for dem dat was y u see a lot of naija comin back frm europe and america to do a naija song wit broken english and not yankee so to say bt d only tins is to take our language n culture to dem to accept n dbanj is doin dat well. If gagna styl or wat ever is cud make it big, any naija so call crap can do berrra. Take it or leave it.

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Lenny5000(m): 3:31pm On Apr 23, 2013
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised

What do you mean exactly by he doesnt have talent? Are you talking about his vocal prowess or what? Dbanj has never complemented himself as one of the best vocalist but he is a great entertainer.. Most of the biggest musicians in the world play Rock, Metal music... they will have the biggest stadiums packed in a second, but have you listened to their Voices?... Screaming as if they will die the next second, are you going to say they dont have Talents, and yet they are the biggest, most popular and richest in the world?.... A bunch of kids writing about Dbanj should be something of concern? Kanje is popular in the US, but he cant lay claim to the title of King in American music... but your Dbanj can successfully call himself King in Africa as far as music is concerned... I am more a Fan of 2face than Dbanj, but Dbanj's music is far more popular... His stint in SA at the last Nations Cup, saw the world watching him, so lets take it easy when trashing one of ours based on rants by some 16yrs old kids cause I dont believe any serious minded adult would waste his or her time writing those trash.

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Lenny5000(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23, 2013
larrysmith: As at nau that same song "scape goat" is on number one chat." today's hottest songs n mixtape in america", so dnt u ppl tink we shld take sumtin positive from dis? A lot of songs was release dis last week and month bt non of dem ws on d list uptill nau. My ppl let's leave beef alone, and appreciate our own. I said it before now that no one in naija has dos lyrics american wana hear,and same for dem dat was y u see a lot of naija comin back frm europe and america to do a naija song wit broken english and not yankee so to say bt d only tins is to take our language n culture to dem to accept n dbanj is doin dat well. If gagna styl or wat ever is cud make it big, any naija so call crap can do berrra. Take it or leave it.

Thank you!
I see a lot of inferiority complex among some of our people today, always ready to trash one of their own. If Ganga Style was a Naija song, the dis and hate that track would have received, yet it went on to conquer the whole world. I applaud all the Naija artist making music with Pidgin or whatever and pushing through.. These together with Nollywood are the people branding Naija and giving it a positive image to the outside world. Otherwise its always Sad, Evil and wicked News we hear over here.. I was very proud when I heard P-Square playing at a pub in France, Blasting from Major Radio stations here in Holland... So while some back home keep hating and dissing these guys at the slightest opportunity, we over here are happy that they are projecting a positive image of Nigeria. Bless..

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by charlesopp(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by charlesopp(m): 4:13pm On Apr 23, 2013
Nd a new jearsey DJ got this 2 say abt d track..

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
seems like dbanj's PR team has landed on the thread. lol.. At the end of the day. what it is is what it is
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by lmay18(f): 5:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
me like

[Verse 1: Kanye West]
If you ask me
Anybody who ain’t tell you you was beautiful today need their ass beat
As we proceed, Island breeze, light the weed
I couldn’t find the words on how I feel
But what I lacked in skill I made up for in real
Time, the most precious thing a man could give
Because what she givn' back is why that man can live
We need to take a break, minus the screech, oh
Find a resort, what? Private beach, ooh
Pina colada sippin', by the sunset
My mission is to find every position, we ain't done yet

[Hook: D'banj]
Take my heart, take my love
Take my body, come build my home
Stay with me di Iyawo mi
Cause you love me
I will be your scape goat, honey
Cause you came through for me
You gave me break through baby
You gave me break through baby

[Verse 2: D'banj]
Baby Boo I can see your eyes
Say you don jam many fools for your life
Them go come as lovers as them disguise
But as time goes by, na your body be the price.
Your back side sef...wey you carry na die
That's why sometimes I no dey surprise
Them go say them love you but that na lie.
Chop and clean mouth, tell you bye bye
Me sef i no tell you say na me holy pass
Some people dey talk say i dey use jazz
Them say I bush, Some say I razz
Them say I be nobody, I no get class, Well
I've been bad and I know it and I'm sorry - wanna show it
But no one would give me a chance to prove myself
Despite what you've heard of me
You still went ahead to be with me
You have chosen to be there for me
To you, I make this vow
I say...

[Hook]

[Verse 3: Kanye West]
You getting louder than a two year old drumset
That's a mean gift, you work a mean stick
You’re like a phoenix, you could be my phoenix
Just rub your hands all over my penis
Swag, swag on Mach 5
Pac, cause don't it feel like Pac alive?
Feel my apocalypse, feel like I could just
Touch heaven with a Godess in my fingertips
And I’m just trying to kiss every single lips
Hey Yeezy, what’s your next single is?
That D'banj causing hysteria
Soon as we hop of the plane in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by BankuTilapia: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Eating banku n tilapia and listening to sarkodie against some palm wine. grin cheesy
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by LuluSparklez(f): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2013
luvable sam: if they dint like d'banjs song cos they tot its 'crap' then i tink d feeling is mutual.in simple termz no one plays any american songs in naija parties anymore,who plays an usher song when u got p-sqaure or nicki minaj wen we got our own eva or muna.besides d OP's thread is as a result of a bloggers writeup plus his little town followers n d OP,this dosnt in anyway rep what d entire America tinks.

can we not be sentimental for once?!
Yh it's true we don't play their songs in parties & stuff Buh we play them, how many of ours songs do they listen to? i'm not saying Nigerian music is crap Buh sorry D'banj lovers, yur Koko master is wack!!!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2013

AMEN!!!!!!!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
Lulu_Sparklez:

can we not be sentimental for once?!
Yh it's true we don't play their songs in parties & stuff Buh we play them, how many of ours songs do they listen to? i'm not saying Nigerian music is crap Buh sorry D'banj lovers, yur Koko master is wack!!!
just the same way some americans say drake song is wack,everyone cannot like the same artiste,so if you say dbanj is wack I should not be surprised,not every song-writer is a good entertainer and not every entertainer is a good song-writer,dbanj may not be a good song-writer but he is a good entertainer,it is just like someone trying to compare psy with beyonce,beyonce is a good song-writer,singer and a good entertainer while psy is just a very good pure entertainer and that is why every of his videos is getting the highest views on you-tube and he is making his moolah,so what matters is an artiste should set a niche for himself or herself,so dbanj is making his moolah wella and his fans are enjoying his songs because they just want to get entertained,do you have a problem with that?if you dey vex just go to the nearest ocean and jump into it or better still jus go find the nearest pit and fall into it

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? / Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists / Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.