Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,654 members, 7,813,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West (33629 Views)

Ketchup Rebrands: Records Show Me Yuh Rozay (Remix) With Olamide, Phyno / Exclusive: Akon’s Mom Speaks On ‘chop My Money’ Remix With P Square And More / D Banj And Mohits Crew Shoot Mr Endowed Remix With Snoop In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by onatisi(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2013
GraceBestowed: D'Banj is not your typical crossover artiste, he is solely African. It is not unusual that the Americans don't like the song. I think D'Banj has done well for himself (as per being recognised), but he would have to do something drastic to win hardcore 'western' fans!
why does he need to do something hardcore to win them?why cant he just be original and just be himself

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by ArunNGO: 10:46am On Apr 23, 2013
COULD ANYONE COMPARE WHAT HE DISHES OUT NOW TO WHEN HE DBANJ WAS THERE ?

FALL IN LOVE

SUDDENLY

IGWE

OLIVER TWIST

MAJE SOMETHING SOMETHING

he has gone so bad that even his remixes are so out of tune, check out Azonto remix, iyanga remix, etc.

i love his swagger when he was with mo' hit better, the way he comes into any business was superb.

"i'm Dbanj my Jamaica friends call be ......"lol
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Milllz: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2013
And he said he was "Africa's Micheal Jackson".

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2013
i no fit laugh...
that dude said 'he feels as if he's watching lion king'
grin grin angry grin
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by 360command: 10:47am On Apr 23, 2013
To hell with our runaway brothers from africa(black americans), they come to talk negatives about the african music but in reality they are the africans. Well, do not want to talk abt that. I mean wat songs do they sing? I am sick and tired of dem keep rapping about guns, fvuck, beaches and crack . Omo, fvuck dem niggers up in yankee !!!

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dammytosh: 10:50am On Apr 23, 2013
Ejiné: I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

Mah boi D'Banj said he wanted to build the bridge from Africa to America, but e be like say im cement don finish.

So because na Oyibo comment so F wat ? I am sure they liked Maze's rap line "Hey mama, wont u come here to papa" blabbing...

He does not have talent yet, Sony signed him undecided He has made millions of dollars as an artiste. Your brother wey get talent na Loya Milk signed him.

I honestly prefer not to have any talent in this context.

Stop hating. He has left and left for good cos i am sure most people hated him for leaving 'Don Jazzy who made him' i wonder why he has not made another Dbanj since. Tribal bigots.

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
This is wot u get wen u allow ur enemy to produce ur song!
Don jazzy na d producer o!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dejgan: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
D'banj has no talent and he is driving a bentley, you have talents and you are crying your sorry ass on that third-hand BB they threw at you from obodo-oyinbo....what a sorry life.....D'banj and Don Jazzy are both smiling to the banks....am sure he didnt perform for free at the finals of the nation's cup in SA...I guess D'banj's music has only gone bad in the ears of Don Jazzy's followers....they both took decisions that was best for their careers. You are advised to do yours too or better hug a transformer singing "igwe".
Dont know how this made front page......guess Nairaland is becoming anti-D'banj afterall and Seun had better watch this trend...

5 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 10:56am On Apr 23, 2013
I KILL:
Guy dere is no hatred here, d.banj has no talent in singing

Who cares? - at the end of the day - D'banj is doing what D'banj wants and what's right for D'banj!!

Stop hating, bro..

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by kahan1(m): 10:57am On Apr 23, 2013
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o8MG6E6-IE
Listen to this guy.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dammytosh: 10:59am On Apr 23, 2013
SLIDE waxie: This is wot u get wen u allow ur enemy to produce ur song!
Don jazzy na d producer o!

Producer indeed. Why has he not produced another hit song since or made another Dbanj.

The Mavin album was a disaster. I bought it and gave it out. Yet some hypocrites still shout go back to Don Jazzy. to do what exactly ? To leaving endorsement from Sony and join Loya Milk Brand Ambassador ?
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by moderatorr: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2013
this song is tight.
die if you want.
even if you shyte
bad belle must shout

o nice oh
omo open oh
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 11:01am On Apr 23, 2013
ShyM-X:

Bro., you just exposed yourself - you posted all the malicious comments on that blog using different handles...

FYI, no one in US/UK spells "Artist" as "Artiste" - only Nigerians do that(I see that on this forum all the time)! undecided undecided

You're a hater!! undecided undecided
lol. try again and try harder next time. Funny how you always try to marry American and British culture together. Two things that don't match.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by moderatorr: 11:02am On Apr 23, 2013
dammytosh:

Producer indeed. Why has he not produced another hit song since or made another Dbanj.

The Mavin album was a disaster. I bought it and gave it out. Yet some hypocrites still shout go back to Don Jazzy. to do what exactly ? To leaving endorsement from Sony and join Loya Milk Brand Ambassador ?

i wasted my mb downloading that shit album
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Damon03(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2013
THE FEDERAL MINISTRY OF HEALTH WARNS THAT HATERS ARE LIABLE TO DIE YOUNG!!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2013
safarigirl: I quote PeterPsquare- I would rather remain a king within Africa than a slave somewhere else.

Did Kokomaster really think somewhere in his small, deluded brain that he would be able to sell the advance CR@P he calls music to the world? If even Americans with their sometimes wack taste in music can detect his lack of talent, what more the rest of the world?

He better run from the demonic entities he hangs with while he still has the chance, before he'll be begging Soundcity for work and interviewing Iyanya.

And yes, I'm a HATER

Obviously, why won't P-square say that, when they started off as a bootleg Usher+Nelly+Lil-Jon in one remix, with a fvcked up and clownish/unappealing enunciation to foreign audience... Then moved to remixing other people's tunes as their own... They'd rather stay in Africa because their style of music isn't unique and they can't compete out there...

However, D'banj on the other hand has a unique style and an international appeal... He's already big in Europe - time to conquer the yank market and get the dollar dollar bills, yo!!

9 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by CUIzundu(m): 11:05am On Apr 23, 2013
""grin’Banj isn’t particularly talented, he doesn’t rap, doesn’t sing, can’t dance (Like a Nigerian Lil Wayne) but he’s probably the biggest artiste in Africa. + He had one of the biggest songs in the UK last year""

Monkey no fyn but e mama like am like dat....if d'banj no sabi sing how cum e enta U.K chart board n held it for weeks?if u no answer dis question sharrrrrrrrraaapppppp!!!!!!! Evrybody has his style of music...oyibo pipuu(bcuz em be black. "UBankar!!!),haters shud keep hating whyl d.banj keeps skating,they know wot wil apun wen blacks start making positive music,I'm sure they don't want it 2 ever apun

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 23, 2013
Mr. Globe:

lol. try again and try harder next time. Funny how you always try to marry American and British culture together. Two things that don't match.

No one spells "artist" as "artiste" in both countries...

Why did you create different handles to hate on ya boy??

Did he give your wife/girl the koko lowkey, or something?? grin

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by moderatorr: 11:08am On Apr 23, 2013
Arun-NGO:
COULD ANYONE COMPARE WHAT HE DISHES OUT NOW TO WHEN HE DBANJ WAS THERE ?

FALL IN LOVE

SUDDENLY

IGWE

OLIVER TWIST

MAJE SOMETHING SOMETHING

he has gone so bad that even his remixes are so out of tune, check out Azonto remix, iyanga remix, etc.

i love his swagger when he was with mo' hit better, the way he comes into any business was superb.

"i'm Dbanj my Jamaica friends call be ......"lol
hater on the loose
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 11:09am On Apr 23, 2013
dammytosh:

So because na Oyibo comment so F wat ? I am sure they liked Maze's rap line "Hey mama, wont u come here to papa" blabbing...

He does not have talent yet, Sony signed him undecided He has made millions of dollars as an artiste. Your brother wey get talent na Loya Milk signed him.

I honestly prefer not to have any talent in this context.

Stop hating. He has left and left for good cos i am sure most people hated him for leaving 'Don Jazzy who made him' i wonder why he has not made another Dbanj since. Tribal bigots.
You dbanj stand disgust me. I bet you think he is the richest artist in the world. I don't like Don jazzy either, he blocked me on twitter. I only play Good music.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
ShyM-X:

Obviously, why won't P-square say that, when they started off as a bootleg Usher+Nelly+Lil-Jon in one remix, with a fvcked up and clownish/unappealing enunciation to foreign audience... Then moved to remixing other people's tunes as their own... They'd rather stay in Africa because their style of music isn't unique and they can't compete out there...

However, D'banj on the other hand has a unique style and an international appeal... He's already big in Europe - time to conquer the yank market and get the dollar dollar bills, yo!!

Conquer Europe with which song...Mr man wake up, that guys is gonr for good. he has exposed himself, he is nothing without Don Baba.

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tellwisdom: 11:10am On Apr 23, 2013
ShyM-X:

Who cares? - at the end of the day - D'banj is doing what D'banj wants and what's right for D'banj!!

Stop hating, bro..
Bro, he is not in anyway hating; unless u urself dont knw a good song...That dude is a total failure now, i cant even allow him sing for my nephew's buffdae party.

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2013
ShyM-X:

No one spells "artist" as "artiste" in both countries...

Why did you create different handles to hate on ya boy??

Did he give your wife/girl the koko lowkey, or something?? grin
You are talking thrash. You argument is too weak to attract a response

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:15am On Apr 23, 2013
kayci_d77:

Conquer Europe with which song...Mr man wake up, that guys is gonr for good. he has exposed himself, he is nothing without Don Baba.

Oliver Twist smashed Europe - that's the only afrobeats tune they play in all types of clubs all over Europe...
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:15am On Apr 23, 2013
Ejiné: I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

Mah boi D'Banj said he wanted to build the bridge from Africa to America, [size=15pt]but e be like say im cement don finish[/size].

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dammytosh: 11:16am On Apr 23, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You dbanj stand disgust me. I bet you think he is the richest artist in the world. I don't like Don jazzy either, he blocked me on twitter. I only play Good music.

He does not have to be the richest. I don't even care about any of them. What i hate most is people shouting go back to Don Jazzy at every opportunity.

It is wrong to say that he is not talented, he is not a singer, he is not an entertainer. So what are people paying for ?

I bet you will change your mentality about him if you watch Dbanj perform live on a big stage. He is one of the most successful Nigerian Artiste so what is responsible for that ? Ok i hear some one shout "Don jazzy" again. undecided

So Don Jazzy should pick another 'non talented' person and make another Dbanj.

I am available at least i cant sing or dance to save my life.

3 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 23, 2013
tellwisdom:
Bro, he is not in anyway hating; unless u urself dont knw a good song...That dude is a total failure now, i cant even allow him sing for my nephew's buffdae party.

definition of a good song is subjective... The guy is swimming in a bigger pond now, and you don't expect him to keep making tunes just for the African market... House music is big in Europe(and it's already catching up in America as well) - hence why D'banj changed his style of music to fit into the international market albeit still African...

You lot need to move with the tide or get left behind!!

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by moderatorr: 11:20am On Apr 23, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 23, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You are talking thrash. You argument is too weak to attract a response

You have no argument, bro...

You're just hater!!

Anyway, you're nobody until you've got some haters - D'banj is winning!! End of!

4 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dammytosh: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2013
ShyM-X:

definition of a good song is subjective... The guy is swimming in a bigger pond now, and you don't expect him to keep making tunes just for the African market... House music is big in Europe(and it's already catching up in America as well) - hence why D'banj changed his style of music to fit into the international market albeit still African...

Don't mind them, They missed Dbanj beside DOn Jazzy on Loya Milk Advert.

Enemies of progress.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2013
ShyM-X:

Exactly what he is doing now that is giving him this attention cheesy cheesy
Dbanj's music blew in Europe was not because the song was amazing.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by onatisi(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2013
grin
dbanj is not talented -fact
but he is rich
dbanj is not talented but he has won several aawards
dbanj is not talented but he is among africa biggest singers fo now
dbanj is not talented but he has recorded hits songs ,perfomed at some many international events
now i wonder what else ppl want from an artist which is talented .dbanj seems to haave ccomplished more than singers who we call multi talented .thisis the real reason ppl hate him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? / Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists / Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.