Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West - Music/Radio (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West (33627 Views)

Ketchup Rebrands: Records Show Me Yuh Rozay (Remix) With Olamide, Phyno / Exclusive: Akon’s Mom Speaks On ‘chop My Money’ Remix With P Square And More / D Banj And Mohits Crew Shoot Mr Endowed Remix With Snoop In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dbride: 7:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
fastigiater: Are you people not tired of the Anti-D'banj remarks already? It is getting boring I must confess. It was this same nairaland that they said the guy was shot, that he was geting dropped by Kanye, that he was broke,e.t.c. What have we not heard? Don't you have better things in life to do? And now this?The guy has defied critics and keeps doing his thing. The poster's intellectual capacity also worries me - You go to a website that samples opinion of 0.0000000000001% of Americans and come here with this garbage? Is it not time for nairaland to set some standards on posts? Some should not even make it as a topic. Also do I sense some tribalism here due to the Don-Jazzy/D'banj split? This poster is the same one that has his signature as Go to google search box, type 'Yoruba are' smh at the answers. BIAFRA 2015!!! #TeamNNEKA. Are you even serious? When will Nigeria step away from this stupid tribalistic mindset Can we progress with people like this? This Poster makes me cringe in utter disgust!

No distractions here please. We are making our honest comments devoid of tribal sentiments until now. Do you know what we are realllllly tired of? TRIBAL THINGS. This topic is neither tribal nor political. Some little horn confusionist.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dbride: 7:25pm On Apr 23, 2013
Cold blooded: When are we going to be independent? Must we listen to the trash these westerners voice out? Had it been they praised this song, all these folks here will join in praising D'banj too.

The westerners are racist by nature and they believe we Africans are not worth it including our music, that's why Niaja musicians based abroad
perform mainly in clubs gaining little or no recognition but coming back to Nigeria they are celebrated.

It's time we become Africans and shun western grip and influence, to make Africa proud and not hoping for some white folks devoid of morals to appreciate us.

Some dull ears, would Dbanj and his praise singers hear? Tell a 9ja the truth, he sees some "tribal things" in your honest advice and so he remains in his sh1t.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dbride: 7:48pm On Apr 23, 2013
dammytosh:

Tribal bigots.

You just called some "tribal bigots" even without them showing any tribal sentiments in their posts. Why would your mind suggest they are tribal bigots? Some nigerians and this tribal disease, very demeaning. What would you call the yorubas who also criticise Dbanj? Or you think there are none? Think again my brother.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2013
Honestly I can't understand why some folks can't help but 'take Panadol for another man's(Don Jazzy) headaches'. So whats new you don't like the guy, if bashing D'Banj makes your day, go ahead just stop wasting precious Nairaland space!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Saintsquare(m): 8:16pm On Apr 23, 2013
Lenny5000:

What do you mean exactly by he doesnt have talent? Are you talking about his vocal prowess or what? Dbanj has never complemented himself as one of the best vocalist but he is a great entertainer.. Most of the biggest musicians in the world play Rock, Metal music... they will have the biggest stadiums packed in a second, but have you listened to their Voices?... Screaming as if they will die the next second, are you going to say they dont have Talents, and yet they are the biggest, most popular and richest in the world?.... A bunch of kids writing about Dbanj should be something of concern? Kanje is popular in the US, but he cant lay claim to the title of King in American music... but your Dbanj can successfully call himself King in Africa as far as music is concerned... I am more a Fan of 2face than Dbanj, but Dbanj's music is far more popular... His stint in SA at the last Nations Cup, saw the world watching him, so lets take it easy when trashing one of ours based on rants by some 16yrs old kids cause I dont believe any serious minded adult would waste his or her time writing those trash.
From your write up,its shows your a very intelligent person,no doubt.Some comments here on nairaland are purely on personal dislike for this dude,its so pathetic.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by house213: 8:36pm On Apr 23, 2013
Dbanj sings trash or not, he is richer than your father @OP billion times and thats the world we live in today..If you dont have money, you are nothing, he has money, he is something.

At OP, go and use your brain and personal magnetism to make money, he is a Nigerians, he has hustled, he has made money, made fame and has mouth than you

Let me take it deeper (spiritual), if he goes to hell which I know you are not living a righteous life over there, he has enjoyed this earth more than you so wtf is your concern.

Yeezy, Weezy, they are americans..I love them

My Dbanj is a Nigerian and is getting popular and doing big thins as the day goes by..THATS WASSUP..

lAYRA OP AND Folks.

As a matter of fact, My Dbanj reps my birthday, 09/06..We the JUNE BOIZ...LOL..

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Saintsquare(m): 8:44pm On Apr 23, 2013
charlesopp: Nd a new jearsey DJ got this 2 say abt d track..
Haterz aint gonna see that!,they are only searching for the negative comments on social media to attack the guy,na wa o.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Saintsquare(m): 8:49pm On Apr 23, 2013
house213: Dbanj sings trash or not, he is richer than your father @OP billion times and thats the world we live in today..If you dont have money, you are nothing, he has money, he is something.

At OP, go and use your brain and personal magnetism to make money, he is a Nigerians, he has hustled, he has made money, made fame and has mouth than you

Let me take it deeper (spiritual), if he goes to hell which I know you are not living a righteous life over there, he has enjoyed this earth more than you so wtf is your concern.

My Dbanj is a Nigerian and is getting popular and doing big thins as the day goes by..THATS WASSUP..

lAYRA OP AND Folks.

June boiz rocks !lol
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by MrGlobe(m): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
house213: Dbanj sings trash or not, he is richer than your father @OP billion times and thats the world we live in today..If you dont have money, you are nothing, he has money, he is something.

lAYRA OP AND Folks.

both you and the person that liked your foolish post are retardedx1000000000. Satan punish you. If dbanj is richer than you and your useless father fine. He is not richer than mine. You retardsss talk this dbanj is rich poo like he is some certified multi millionaire or billionaire. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by trolling(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2013
Yomieluv: In the process of trying to be an America wannabe,Dbanj actually shot himself in the leg,he's neither there,nor here. His image is just going down the drain,he has lost the hype,he thought the nursery rhymes would move market in the America world,where they know good music,and and talented acts.

He thought he could push down the rubbish he fed us with here there..

Mr "No long things",please come back home,before they make you a scape goat.
you gat me on this one grin
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by hertz9te(m): 10:29pm On Apr 23, 2013
[quote author=Manweysabi]No mind dem jor... they expected d'banj to do the american thingy... we are Africans... Africans Awoooo!!! cool[/IF YOU ARE SO AFICAN WHy DON'T U GO AND LIVE IN A MUD HUt,OR BETTEr STIlL A TREE,dah song is crap,admit it...and don't attribute a big mistake on bein african]
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tomakint: 10:55pm On Apr 23, 2013
So far so good, the truth has been said about talentless dbanj! His arrogance that soars to high heavens might be one of his undoing no doubt! If youtube were to have been launched during Majek Fashek, "Majek Fashek in New York" I wonder the number of hits it would have generated! I wondered why most Nigerians loves celebrating mediocrity undecided up till date I dont even know the guy's genre of music! I dont need Americans to tell me dbanj is clueless and his songs, nursery rhymes! This is just the FACT cool
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by nicflame(m): 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2013
I can't help but laugh my a** off, dbanj the African king turning American lion king.....hahahahahaha
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by BrightDeGea(m): 11:34pm On Apr 23, 2013
Na today una know say na rubbish una artistes dey sing? no be to pack girls full video dem know?
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by larrysmith(m): 11:54pm On Apr 23, 2013
Shai!!! Dbanj I pray for ur kind of speed n success in my career, u came frm nowhere 2004 n today u are widely celebrated, some children paapa are here fighting demselves abt u cus u are relevant n important, anytime dey mention ur name on anysite or blog, u will always get more than enuf hit, dis topic alone has abt 20000 ritenau, dis song is topin d chat in america, u are d first naija even africa to do so, just 2nd day of release, u re still d same person dat has d highest number of hit ever frm africa for a paarticular song dat was nt accepted by ur naija ppl.you are aliving legend. Dis same album, is yet to b release bt we understand u hv sold over 2million already just for pre ordering mechanism, u are d first person to try that, alaba ppl are yet to get hold of it. I respect u for u are a man that can take risk. When signin wit d america, u exclude africa market wch was so smart. GooDmusic sign u cus dey love ur swag n dey are nt plannin to change ur style wch has given u anytin, ppl feel kanye west is stupid or dbanj is a dummy. Just wait n see. Persecution is allow, is meant for great ppl, bt most ppl hating nau will come out n congratulate him. He is a very focus n hardowrkin man. So show me a man dat is focus n hardworkin that looses a battle. Watchout.

1 Like

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tantita(m): 12:18am On Apr 24, 2013
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised
...abeg tel dem ooo...al dis girls wn boy jst fine dem no de c anytin wrong wit a,m...d bang cnt sing, cnt dance, cnt rhyme or rap...yet he is our biggest star..tnk God him don tk him lame ass else wre ...mk critics fire am expose him bony ass wel.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tantita(m): 12:20am On Apr 24, 2013
Manweysabi: nurrin you can do about it... Africaaaaaaans...... Awoooo grin grin grin
...real men are tlkin dude if u feel like foolin on...go french kiss fashola!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by tantita(m): 12:30am On Apr 24, 2013
Mr. Globe:

You are one sick fellow. If you think the feeling is mutual then why are American artist still headlining shows in Nigeria? Raking x100 of what Nigerian artist earn in Nigeria? Let me assure you, this is the average opinion of Americans towards this song. I can give you more links. If you think Nigeria music has substance you should have your head examined
...guy stop beatin us up jor wit sticks na tody u knw sy nigerian ar resilantly stupid..wht dos naija song hv...wine for me; d wy u shake dt tin...beremole ..go down low..role ur waist...etc...abeg mk una no let my soup born bcus i de comment on stupid thread jor!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Raypawer(m): 12:56am On Apr 24, 2013
I KILL: when I talk say d.banj no get talent, dem say I dey hate, dis is what happens wen we africans (especially nigerians) listen 2 d beat of a song and not d lyrics and voice of d song cuz I see no reason why d.banj shud rep nigeria in anything atall wen we av d likes of darey, bez, praiz and even iyanya whom I know can sing something meaningful if he wants to, and 1 thing dat surprises me again is d kind of people we use as judges in a music talent show, imagine using some1 like davido, d.banj, jesse jagz as judges 4 a singing competition What do dey know abt singing, fact is.. D good songs r not recognised only d craps r recognised

i could'nt wait anylonger to like this comment...

Absolute truth
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by dullassini(m): 1:27am On Apr 24, 2013
Let take the positive side and leave the negative side this guy is no doubt the best entertainer out of this continent he's worth celebrating.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by NLGwoodey: 2:49am On Apr 24, 2013
@I KILL:

Sorry to disappoint you. But music is not just about singing in a beautiful voice.
Nowadays, who ever makes the most noise make the most dough. Music is business; money comes first
and talent comes later. Even in Nigeria, there are only few real artists. The rest is a bunch
of folks prancing around belching out to auto-tunes with the aim of making some dough

If your interest is to listen to a very good music, you may need to go back to the roots.

Do you think Psy of Gangnam Style has talent? Well, he was marketed well just like anything
else that becomes trendy.

Whether D'Banj is talented enough to be earning all that money is not my business. He is being
marketed well and that's what matters in business. You know, as in packaging.

I bet you there are guys in Ajegunle that have more singing/dancing talent that D'Banj.
But where are these guys? Get my drift?

Please cut the guy some slack.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by house213: 9:42am On Apr 24, 2013
larrysmith: Shai!!! Dbanj I pray for ur kind of speed n success in my career, u came frm nowhere 2004 n today u are widely celebrated, some children paapa are here fighting demselves abt u cus u are relevant n important, anytime dey mention ur name on anysite or blog, u will always get more than enuf hit, dis topic alone has abt 20000 ritenau, dis song is topin d chat in america, u are d first naija even africa to do so, just 2nd day of release, u re still d same person dat has d highest number of hit ever frm africa for a paarticular song dat was nt accepted by ur naija ppl.you are aliving legend. Dis same album, is yet to b release bt we understand u hv sold over 2million already just for pre ordering mechanism, u are d first person to try that, alaba ppl are yet to get hold of it. I respect u for u are a man that can take risk. When signin wit d america, u exclude africa market wch was so smart. GooDmusic sign u cus dey love ur swag n dey are nt plannin to change ur style wch has given u anytin, ppl feel kanye west is stupid or dbanj is a dummy. Just wait n see. Persecution is allow, is meant for great ppl, bt most ppl hating nau will come out n congratulate him. He is a very focus n hardowrkin man. So show me a man dat is focus n hardworkin that looses a battle. Watchout.

Nice one there, this one knows what is going on..
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by house213: 9:47am On Apr 24, 2013
Mr. Globe:

both you and the person that liked your foolish post are retardedx1000000000. Satan punish you. If dbanj is richer than you and your useless father fine. He is not richer than mine. You retardsss talk this dbanj is rich poo like he is some certified multi millionaire or billionaire. Nonsense

sheybi your father is richer than Dbanj, then fuckin do something that will make you and your old school bleeped up papa popular and more famous than him then I will know you are the boss... bleeped up nigga that criticizes and knows shit...You think it is easy to be popular and rich abi abi GOD no give your voice, why you no come use am blow..EWUUU...

2 Likes

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by Damon03(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2013
If d'banj is giving u sleepless nights go buy rope nah.

*In fela's voice* If u like e good pe pe, if u no like u hang pepe. If u hang u go die, u go die for nothing pepe. Dem go carry ur body go police station for dying wrongfully... pepe pepe pepe
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by omar22(m): 10:01am On Apr 24, 2013
Dr Alban song was rubbish but his album went platinum the same with Seal.... You lot keep on swallowing the tablets and capsule because Dbanj dumped Don Jazzy...
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by harryakon: 11:43am On Apr 24, 2013
rozayx5: yeah yeah we have heard, what meaning does Lil waynes rap have undecided undecided
Lil wayne has deep rap o!!! He has punchlines as well. Look at d'banj in cash flow. DUST!!!! But sha AFRICANS AHOOOO!!!!
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by harryakon: 11:53am On Apr 24, 2013
NLG_woodey: @I KILL:

Sorry to disappoint you. But music is not just about singing in a beautiful voice.
Nowadays, who ever makes the most noise make the most dough. Music is business; money comes first
and talent comes later. Even in Nigeria, there are only few real artists. The rest is a bunch
of folks prancing around belching out to auto-tunes with the aim of making some dough

If your interest is to listen to a very good music, you may need to go back to the roots.

Do you think Psy of Gangnam Style has talent? Well, he was marketed well just like anything
else that becomes trendy.

Whether D'Banj is talented enough to be earning all that money is not my business. He is being
marketed well and that's what matters in business. You know, as in packaging.

I bet you there are guys in Ajegunle that have more singing/dancing talent that D'Banj.
But where are these guys? Get my drift?

Please cut the guy some slack.

But a lot of them can sing though just that good music isn't appreciated by Nigerians who would rather go for the shallow and 'silly' rather that good and deep. Terry G makes a lot of noise but I'm almost absolutely sure that wasn't the noise he was making that made him a choir master in his church as the reports have it.
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by AZISREAL: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2013
ANYTIN WEY DEM LIKE MAKE DEM SAY NA DEM GET THEIR MOUTH B4 AMERICANS REACTS WE DON SEE CHEMICALS REACTIONS NONSENCE
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by pongwa(m): 1:12pm On Apr 24, 2013
harryakon:
Lil wayne has deep rap o!!! He has punchlines as well. Look at d'banj in cash flow. DUST!!!! But sha AFRICANS AHOOOO!!!!
punch lines ko, blow lines ni........ All na trash cest fini........naija music rocks
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by kestare(m): 1:25pm On Apr 24, 2013
Mr. Globe:

Awoooooooooo cheesy cheesy
... Two o f Una na mumu. AWooo ko
Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by javipee: 2:42pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ejiné: I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

Mah boi D'Banj said he wanted to build the bridge from Africa to America, but e be like say im cement don finish.

CHAIIIIIIII LWKMD cheesy grin grin grin cheesy cheesy SOME PPL GET MOUTH SHA cheesy

Re: Americans React to Dbanj's "Scapegoat Remix" With Kanye West by aIIkae: 3:15pm On Apr 24, 2013
Ejiné: I think D'Banj should just abandon the music thing and just stick to the number 1 reason Kanye West took him to America in the first place - To wash Kim Kardashian's panties.

Mah boi D'Banj said he wanted to build the bridge from Africa to America, but e be like say im cement don finish.
loool
funniest post ive seen today...
looool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Which Of These Nigerian Music Groups Do You Miss? / Naija Artist Tops African Richest Musician Lists / Eleven Lines You will Surely Hear On Nigerian Songs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.