Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,800 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? (9362 Views)

Poll: Must or should a man kneel to propose?

The man MUST kneel.: 7% (8 votes)
The man SHOULD kneel.: 19% (21 votes)
It is not important at all.: 73% (79 votes)
This poll has ended

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / Ladies, Can You Go On Your Knees Before Your Man To Apologise? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 5:18pm On Apr 11, 2008
I have never knelt 4 any and i will NEVER!!. . .EVER!! in this life do such no matter the situation!

NEVER SAY NEVER cool cool
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SweetT1: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2008
What's the difference Kneel or no kneel? just grab her hand and say to her " Baby, I know i have a future, but i can't imagine my future without you. You make me whole. Will you be my wife? " Ones she say yes, draw her close to you and get you some sugar cool tongue It doesn't matter how you do it. just do it properly!!

Let your words do the whole kneeling and prostrate thing !
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by streak(m): 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2008
com oo HR coldness abi wetin be ur name sef, make u take ur time oooo,
if ur temper dey rise too much,make e no rise for me oo. cool
guys say them no kneel,me i feel am say we no suppose kneel,,u come dey tassi me,
na gals like u dey always like to dey clinch men, for ur mind now u don hard, shuuu
na pple like u dey even kneel make them marry u, thank ur stars say i be nice guy.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ bawomolo

go fix me a sandwich, now that's chivalry for your ass. geez, that lady has been reading way too many fiction novels.  

On the contrary sir, I'm as realistic as they come.
Virtues like honour, respect and love hold no importance any more yet people wonder whats wrong with the world today.

before i get attacked i know women do have their own faults.
but Nigerian men have killed idea of romance (they probably never had it, but thats a discussion for another day thread)
Nigerian women have historically been treated appallingly and have hardened them to the monsters they've become.
And yet there are the precious few who still hold  these virtues, yet they get punished by the cynicism of the Nigerian man.

the poor girl (whom this thread is about, incase y'all havent noticed) probably grew up reading and watching fairy tales. she gets the idea of virtue and honour, but the poor misguided thing didnt understand how it works. and a society where it is virtually non-existant, how was she to know?

boy i really am bored!
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 5:23pm On Apr 11, 2008
What's the difference Kneel or no kneel? just grab her hand say to her " Baby, I know i have a future, but i can't imagine my future without you. You make me whole. Will you be my wife? " Ones she say yes, draw her close to you and get you some sugar Cool Tongue It doesn't matter how you do it. just do it properly!!

MENNNNNNN U R TOO MUCH cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ,guy in d house if u dont know how to propose to a woman SWEET T,has formed the words and tactics for u,just cram it on ur head it and use it
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 5:26pm On Apr 11, 2008
streak:

com oo HR coldness abi wetin be your name sef, make u take your time oooo,
if your temper dey rise too much,make e no rise for me oo. cool
guys say them no kneel,me i feel am say we no suppose kneel,,u come dey tassi me,
na gals like u dey always like to dey clinch men, for your mind now u don hard, shuuu
na people like u dey even kneel make them marry u, thank your stars say i be nice guy.

lol,
i just strongly disagree with your statement,
see i'm one of those breed of women who would never kneel for anything, i deserve to be treated like a queen and i wont settle for anything less.
no hard feelings?

Sweet T:

What's the difference Kneel or no kneel? just grab her hand and say to her " Baby, I know i have a future, but i can't imagine my future without you. You make me whole. Will you be my wife? " Ones she say yes, draw her close to you and get you some sugar cool tongue It doesn't matter how you do it. just do it properly!!

Let your words do the whole kneeling and prostrate thing !
 You sir, are my kind of man
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 11, 2008
You sir, are my kind of man

shocked shocked :ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cheesy grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by streak(m): 5:29pm On Apr 11, 2008
@chinda
i guess u dont seem to understand the mindset of the nigerian gals now, to them its all about the money.
i mean y would a lady  feel bad that her guy proposed to her without kneeling??
i mean if she truely loves him as she claims, then kneeling should not be a problem, what she should be concerned about is their life together.
guys go get the moonneeyy men and u'll see them kneeling before u asking for your hand in marriage(directly or indirectly)
@hr hotnss
for your mind grin grin, if truely u deserve tobe treated like a queen ,,the get your mind straight and forget all these kneeling
ohh na we men be the slaves abi, nonsense angry angry
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SweetT1: 5:30pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Guys

And please make sure you have that passion in your eyes when you do propose. Teary up a bit if you must. If she sings the tune of your heart, you better do it properly so you don't have to re-do it. The first proposal last a lifetime. cool Don't clown it up by acting like a fool. It's one of the few most important times of your life. wink
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2008
And please make sure you have that passion in your eyes when you do propose. Teary up a bit if you must. If she sings the tune of your heart, you better do it properly so you don't have to re-do it. The first proposal last a lifetime. cool Don't clown it up by acting like a fool. It's one of the few most important times of your life. wink

LECTURE TIME ;WHERE ARE ALL THE SINGLES IN THE HOUSE grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 5:34pm On Apr 11, 2008
streak:

@hr hotnss
for your mind grin grin, if truely u deserve tobe treated like a queen ,,the get your mind straight and forget all these kneeling
ohh na we men be the slaves abi, nonsense angry angry

***Sighs***

u really should read my posts properly

i said it would be nice to kneel[b] but not compulsry[/b]
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Pennywise(m): 5:36pm On Apr 11, 2008
Well all these never kneeling down people. It appears some folks here were concieved from the standing up position.Well no one not good.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SweetT1: 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Chinda

I no be professor oh. I just learned a lot from Big brothers that have proposed to women. I have heard brothers tell tales of "scene proposals". If you know what i mean. I have heard tales from a slap to a kiss to "straight to the bedroom after a proposal" grin It's just important to do it right when you finally find that one that sings to your heart. Guys kill the moments with that "Toxic" called pride or ego. Acting like it's a favor.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2008
Sweet T:

It's just important to do it right when you finally find that one that sings to your heart. Guys kill the moments with that "Toxic" called pride or ego. Acting like it's a favor.

my sentiments xctly
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 5:41pm On Apr 11, 2008
Guys kill the moments with that "Toxic" called pride or ego. Acting like it's a favor.

tell them, infact sweet t ur wife go enjoy u no be small wink wink grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by 9jaboi1(m): 5:43pm On Apr 11, 2008
HR wetin u know sef, u dey find men wey go kneel for u, if the man no get knee nko
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by slimzypink(f): 5:44pm On Apr 11, 2008
In an era where guys no longer chase girls instead its the other way round nai one girl dey use her own bobo take do shakara. She go grow biabia. I agree with ma fellow nairalanders she never get ready to marry or maybe she get one bobo 4 corner wey dey decieve am. abi wat else?  Such supposed to be taken to meet a very good advicer who can advice her cos the way I dey see things the girl go be 'PENTAGON' (Pe Ni Ta Gan - A yoruba word)
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by blackracle(m): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2008
Na wa 4 una sef!Pride dey worry the men,Ego dey worry the women.u all have problems.Africans are just not ROMANTIC
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SweetT1: 5:49pm On Apr 11, 2008
@slimzypink

I feel sorry for you bro'. What type of mentality is that? We are not talking about the ratio of men to women. We are talking about that very special person that makes life worth living. Someone that brighten your day despite the rigors of life. smiley

You keep that thought, and i guarantee you that it will cost you a good woman. Love knows no pride or ego. Ego is like toxic in the garden of love. Get that into your head bro. tongue tongue
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ chinda3
Thank u jo

its typical male reaction, they feel threatened!
used to bug me a long time ago, but i'm used to it now. grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by Sisikill: 5:51pm On Apr 11, 2008
Joey82:

My close pal took his fiancee out last weekend and proposed to her if she could marry him.
But the girl refused citing disrespect, that my guy is supposed to go down on his knees to propose.

I want to ask you guys whether it is compulsory that a guy must get down on his knees before proposing.

Disrespect? Oh come on!

As long as he didn't say "I've finally decided to marry you" or "God has sent me to better your life" Yeah, seriously! , I give the proposal 2 thumbs up and NO it's not compulsory to kneel down.  Nice. . .Yes. Compulsory. . .absolutely not.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by blackracle(m): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2008
chinda3:

try me and your life will never remain d same wink grin

Make i try U?u put transformer or Air Conditioning for that ur under wey i go go thru the stress of kneeling?
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by HRhotness(f): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
streak:

this HR dey make me vex angry, abi she don run grin grin.
e be like say she dey find bobo, HR i dey available but i no fit kneel ooo, grin

Dude! in ur dreams
u dont even know d meaning of the word respect
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SweetT1: 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Chinda3

Africans are very romantic. Don't believe the word of mouth. Most African men say a lot of thing they don't mean. I have also realize that men that comes from a polygamous household seems to take women as " Dime a dozen". But most African men are sweet and romantic and protect their woman. Don't listen to this guys, it's just "Shakara" them dey do. I bet you that when they see a woman they truly love, them go dey shake like crayfish. And when that woman doesn't return the affection they begin to stalk her.
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by 9jaboi1(m): 5:55pm On Apr 11, 2008
HR.hotness:

@ chinda3
Thank u jo

its typical male reaction, they feel threatened!
used to bug me a long time ago, but i'm used to it now. grin
guys don suffer
Bug who?
U dis wowo monkey
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 5:58pm On Apr 11, 2008
Make i try You?u put transformer or Air Conditioning for that your under wey i go go through the stress of kneeling

read well well,i only pin-pointed on d fact dat u said africans are not romantic,i dd not lay any emphasies on d kneeling issue
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by 9jaboi1(m): 6:01pm On Apr 11, 2008
chinda if african men r nt romantic with all we do 4 u, wat den r u expectin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 6:06pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Chinda3

Africans are very romantic. Don't believe the word of mouth. Most African men say a lot of thing they don't mean. I have also realize that men that comes from a polygamous household seems to take women as " Dime a dozen". But most African men are sweet and romantic and protect their woman. Don't listen to this guys, it's just "Shakara" them dey do. I bet you that when they see a woman they truly love, them go dey shake like crayfish. And when that woman doesn't return the affection they begin to stalk her.

@sweet t
HONESTLY U R D ONLY GUY HERE THAT REASON'S WELL,all dis guys vomiting bullshit about not been able to kneel for a girl,im sure they have even done worst for their girlfriends not to talk of wives, as for d romantic issue,i see no reason y someone will say d africans ain't romantic,africans are very romantic,but their pride wont let them admit to d fact that they are, anyway even if them no say africans no romantic ,make them exclude me , because i get B.S.C degree for that word ROMANTIC cool cool cool cool,infact na there my TALENT LIE wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by SweetT1: 6:10pm On Apr 11, 2008
@Streak

Bro.' let me ask you a question. WHAT KIND OF A WOMAN ARE YOU LOOKING ?? And DO YOU THINK YOUR MUM SPECIAL?? No disrespect intended wink
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by chinda3: 6:11pm On Apr 11, 2008
chinda if african men r nt romantic with all we do for you, what den r u expectin

my dear if u read carefully ,i never said african men are not romatic,infact i supported d fact that they are very romantic
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by 9jaboi1(m): 6:13pm On Apr 11, 2008
mr sweet T u dey form good boi no bear ur mind, dey dere dey tuck small small, mk dem dey ride u
Re: Marriage Proposal: Must Men Get Down On Their Knees? by bawomolo(m): 6:16pm On Apr 11, 2008
mr sweet T u dey form good boi no bear your mind, dey dere dey tuck small small, mk them dey ride u

word word, i would kneel down as soon as they make my sandwich and lay my bed

(1) (2) (3) (4)

I Suck My Own Penïs(pictures) / How Many Boyfriends/girlfriends Do You Have Presently? / [deleted]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.