Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,380 members, 7,815,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges (45736 Views)

See The Hilarious Text I Received From Etisalat / Hilarious Message Received From Etisalat. (screen Shot) / 2gb Free Data From Etisalat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by ChukChinCol(m): 10:44am On Apr 25, 2013
New words: saka, port. I took the pain to go through the three dry pages of the thread just to tag along...i only get to know saka. But what he did i cant place.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by wonlasewonimi: 10:46am On Apr 25, 2013
cdz:

No, Jarus, it is not immoral because Man U also gets to make some money from the move. Why? Because they contributed to your being attractive to Arsenal. What does Etisalat gain in this case?

So, it's bad to change jobs too knowing full well that your loyalty to one employer is till death do you part. Na wa o
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by toluxa1(m): 10:58am On Apr 25, 2013
Etisalat has a lot of work to do.

I have a free advice for them - Study the character, Akpos, you can come up with something big from this. Secondly, "My Oga at the Top", they can create a character from this.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Braveht: 11:11am On Apr 25, 2013
Again MTN just showed that they are still the leaders in telecom in Nigeria.... sad
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by CCampbell(m): 11:28am On Apr 25, 2013
This is by Greg Odutayo of Royal Roots.

THE MAKING OF SAKA: JUST FOR THE RECORDS

I did not want to talk about this but for the records, the character Saka was not created by any advertising agency for etisalat. Saka was created by Hafiz Oyetoro, Gbenga Windapo and myself for a Royal Roots TV series "House A-Part" as far back as 2004 and the series won best TV comedy in Nigeria as far back as 2005. Long before etisalat was in Nigeria. New seasons of the series currently run on Silverbird Television every saturday morning 10.30 - 11AM.

Also Hafiz Oyetoro as Saka with the series House A-Part only recently won the African Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA) for Best Comedy in the Male category.

The advertising agency only adopted the character Saka for etisalat. They did not create the character. Just setting the record straight for prosperity...

On Hafiz, he is one of the most humble and down to earth personality in Nollywood today. Obviously one of the most talented too. So people, stop judging...

Enough said....
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Jarus(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2013
CCampbell:
This is by Greg Odutayo of Royal Roots.

THE MAKING OF SAKA: JUST FOR THE RECORDS

I did not want to talk about this but for the records, the character Saka was not created by any advertising agency for etisalat. Saka was created by Hafiz Oyetoro, Gbenga Windapo and myself for a Royal Roots TV series "House A-Part" as far back as 2004 and the series won best TV comedy in Nigeria as far back as 2005. Long before etisalat was in Nigeria. New seasons of the series currently run on Silverbird Television every saturday morning 10.30 - 11AM.

Also Hafiz Oyetoro as Saka with the series House A-Part only recently won the African Magic Viewers Choice Award (AMVCA) for Best Comedy in the Male category.

The advertising agency only adopted the character Saka for etisalat. They did not create the character. Just setting the record straight for prosperity...

On Hafiz, he is one of the most humble and down to earth personality in Nollywood today. Obviously one of the most talented too. So people, stop judging...

Enough said....

Na wa o. everybody fighting over Saka now cheesy
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by farem: 11:44am On Apr 25, 2013
I DEY FOR GLO!
I NO DEY PORT GO ANYWHERE.
NO WAY!
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by vandarsar(m): 12:11pm On Apr 25, 2013
Saka is porting to glo very soon.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by cdz: 12:12pm On Apr 25, 2013
wonlasewonimi:

So, it's bad to change jobs too knowing full well that your loyalty to one employer is till death do you part. Na wa o

What is at issue is not a mere job change - of course you should change jobs. But I'm sure not even you would employ someone who would change jobs in such a way as to sell your company secrets to your competitors and make you worse off by his departure for no apparent injustice on your part while he yet worked for you. Changing jobs is not the issue, but changing jobs in order to cripple your former employer who did you no wrong is a problem.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by nenergy(m): 12:14pm On Apr 25, 2013
Will Mobile Number Portability ‘WORK’ In Nigeria? I Don’t Think So!
www.nairaland.com/1269338/mobile-number-portability-work-nigeria
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by kolamilan(m): 12:31pm On Apr 25, 2013
I no even understand dis story
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by ClareO: 12:34pm On Apr 25, 2013
Unfortunately, Kenny Brandmuse is trying to claim the glorify himself and claim that which he did not create. Saka was a character taken straight off the now rested ‘House-A-Part’, that popular Sit-Com on our local TV Stations! What’s more, the character was acted by the same Oyetoro guy! Just yesterday I was saying to my colleagues that Royal Roots, the Production House who created the Saka character, should have, a long time ago, taken Etisalat to the cleaners for stealing their creation. I guess they couldn’t do that because they hadn’t patented it.

Nevertheless, Kenny Brandmuse shouldn’t attempt to claim another’s glory. It’s just too cheap a way to seek attention.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by showietee: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2013
hmmm... Nice move Dr Saka. In biz,you look at the constraint and choice wat is favourable. So thumbs up bro...
This is strictly biz and since he wasn't signed to etisalat, just a cast member in their ads, it should just be like acting movie.
Rueben abati was against the govt sometimes ago, now he sees greener pasture wit govt so he opted for it.

GREENER PASTURE PEEPZ! Ain't that what we usually pray for?
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by wonlasewonimi: 1:29pm On Apr 25, 2013
cdz:

What is at issue is not a mere job change - of course you should change jobs. But I'm sure not even you would employ someone who would change jobs in such a way as to sell your company secrets to your competitors and make you worse off by his departure for no apparent injustice on your part while he yet worked for you. Changing jobs is not the issue, but changing jobs in order to cripple your former employer who did you no wrong is a problem.

Bro. it's dog eat dog out there. If roles were reversed do you think Etisalat would stick with Saka?
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 25, 2013
By the time Saka ports back home to Etisalat after 90 days due to bad quality of service from MTN, na dat time MTN go hear am.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by tsquaure(f): 1:55pm On Apr 25, 2013
Pls did Etisalat pay the Royal Playhouse for their use of Saka ( the name i mean) just curious
This MTN Saga just teaches me one moral lesson , never underestimate what u have, cos it just might be the Gold everyone else is looking for

1 Like

Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by swiftycool(m): 2:33pm On Apr 25, 2013
ChukChinCol: New words: saka, port. I took the pain to go through the three dry pages of the thread just to tag along...i only get to know saka. But what he did i cant place.

Sorry for the confusion bro, this happens a lot on NL with everyone believing everyone else is abreast with recent trends.

Port - is taken from the word portability as in mobile number portability: this means the ability to change your service from any mobile telecoms network to another, yet keep your original mobile phone number, a new trend permitted by the Nigerian Telecoms Commission to ensure all providers improve the quality of their services.

For example, 0803*** is known to be an MTN number while 0809*** is an etisalat number. Now if you have been using MTN and get fed up with their poor services but have noticed that etisalat is a more stable and better network provider, you could decide to switch your mobile network provider from MTN to Etisalat yet maintain your MTN number. Hence you would still have 0803*** as your number but now be on etisalat network.

About Saka.
Saka had been the character used to advertise etisalat which so many people got to love cos he was damn funny. However with this number portability stuff Saka was shown in a new advert deciding to port from his former network to MTN and rumours are abound that he did so to spite etisalat because MTN offered him more money.
The reason for this move & the ethical factor surrounding it is what this thread is about. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by mikyreel(m): 2:40pm On Apr 25, 2013
As far as them dey ready to port money enter im pocket, go on soo ooun saka my man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Cobab(m): 3:20pm On Apr 25, 2013
If saka likes let him port a million times. fact still remains that MTN has the worst network in 9ja.
no amount of advert or porting can make me prefer MTN.

MTN - Excellent Advertising, Poorest Network Quality!
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by otipoju(m): 3:59pm On Apr 25, 2013

1 Like

Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Hardfact: 4:30pm On Apr 25, 2013
Wonder if this Saka saga (port abi kettle jagajaga ad) cannot stop my burning disregard for MTN and their croocked ways, what else will? Kudos to all other rival ntws battling em to make comm bit better.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by fonssy(f): 5:48pm On Apr 25, 2013
Chanchit: But truth be told, Etisalat would feel like a dumped boyfriend now sha. tongue
true
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by internetpo(m): 6:42pm On Apr 25, 2013
Ok! now we know the real reason Saka ported.

I am with the man. He never did anything unprofessional. This is a big slap to etisalat. They never saw it coming. and they were slack in acting quick. Thumbs up to MTN, though I might never port to them.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Tocheagle(m): 9:00am On Apr 26, 2013
Abeg nothing can make me dump my super etisalat for EmptyN . Na yellow fever go kill saka. I can smell EmptyN shaking cos the only subscriber they'll have will be saka
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by princeparis(m): 9:23am On Apr 26, 2013
If what we all reading is what happened, Etisalat has themselves to blame. It means they ripped off Hafiz and co in the first place. Using another person creation ceaselessly without adequate remuneration. If there had been proper management and contracting, they would have bought the image right and so on. Going to another would have been a breach of contract. MTN people saw the loophole and exploited it. Simple. They can always blame there AD agency. Saka enjoy dey go jooor.
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by chidi47: 9:26am On Apr 26, 2013
LMAO!

Me: SAKA, are you a learner?
Saka: NO SIR!
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by ola4yinka(m): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2013
If Robin van Persie can leave Arsenal for Man united then this is no Big deal....lol
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by davades(m): 10:13am On Apr 26, 2013
Funny enough Saka is wearing a green attire in the new Mtn advert which means he ported from Etisalat to MTn. What a nice concept !
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by mine4real100(m): 11:23am On Apr 26, 2013
SAKA SAKA, Enjoy jor if i were 2 b in ur shoes i would do d same, "like d saying goes opportunity comes but once"
Re: Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges by Highjayklm(f): 12:05pm On Apr 26, 2013
Ookay... This has made loads of sense... I was sha wondering...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tecno Pouvoir 4 Specifications And Price / Once You Lose your Phone, You Lose All Your Money In Your Bank Account. / This Is What I Found Inside Original BB Charger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.