Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? (23495 Views)

Is Nigeria Really The Gaint Of Africa? / Is Nigeria Really This Bad? / Is Nigeria Really The Richest Country In West Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by RedLight1: 12:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
tellwisdom: I can actually kill most of you guys in reality and go scot-free in Nigeria grin grin...What a country as sweet as Nigeria embarassed embarassed. Country where political criminals are seriously respected.. A place where Another country's budget are or can be shared between 3 people. I can kill anybody and bribe the judge to close the case angry. Na money dey talk. grin

Ok, a place where our police force secures the rich only, leaving the poor to their fate...Nigeria, a joke city where you can be roped with a missile, six A.K 47, seven cartridges, 12 human skulls, 5 grenades, four liters of petrol, and two cars placed on an individual fr a day robbery. grin

God bless Nigeria
then try and lets see if u will survive for long... As advanced as america is, have dey been able to nab those that killed 2pac and biggie..... So many neighbourhood killings that american police are yet to unravel.. Keep ranting and keep enjoying safe place in america abi na london where u will always be a 2nd class citizen ..... If u cant contribute anything positive to nigeria dnt come here to rubbish it with ur over exerggeration....
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 12:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
OAM4J:

Except that Boston event doesn't happen every week or every month. If it does we will have to declare the city unsafe. But kidnappings, robberies, etc are almost daily occurrence in Lagos and Nigeria. More than 3/4 of it are not even reported in the news. I know someone close to me whose mother was kidnapped with a week old child in Lagos about 2 weeks ago. You dont want to know what the family went through, how much was paid and where they eventually left the victims.

If you have not been affected, thank God. But we have serious security challenges in Lagos and in Nigeria. BTW, am a proud Lagosian/Nigerian, just have to state the facts.
Typical exaggerated nonsense. You think the Boston bombing is the only crime that happens in Boston or USA? That country also has hundreds of daily murders and robberies that are unreported.

4 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Red-Light:
so do robberies happen in the night at other places? How many bank robbers in usa rob in the night?
Is this an attempt at justifying the operation of armed robbers during the day? For goodness sake, I'm not here to compare Nigeria to America or vice versa, I'm stating things as I know/see them, Nigeria is largely unsafe.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 12:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
laylow001:

The huge difference between Nigeria and America showed in the Boston incident.The Boston bombers were caught within days.Nigeria is still busy setting up committee to tackle Boko Haram after many years. Our police are still looking for criminals with club sticks, torchlights, Mark IV riffles, crash helmets, worn out walkie-talkie and pick-up vans.When they catch terrorism suspects, the first thing they do is to shoot his legs. The assumption is that they will escape. When they detain him, politicians intercede for the criminal.With the type of police force we have,we can not consider Nigeria to be a safe Country.
Easy to pick out one incident to praise America for. Did Bin Laden not take over ten years to capture according to their official story? I guess that doesn't make America seem perfect so you ignored that one. Too many slaves on this forum.

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 12:35pm On Apr 26, 2013
Allohrandy: [b]I observed that most of those saying that the western countries like USA and UK is safe have never traveled out of Nigeria or are just biased.. I dont blame them because before I traveled out of Nigeria, I used to think that Nigeria is the most unsafe and worse country in the world. I currently live in Oakland California which is often call the murder capital of America. This city is control by the Mexican drug cartel and black American gangs. Infact, the murder rate here in Oakland, California is like 2 murder everyday. In-fact a Nigerian Mrs Doris Chibuko was shot to death last year in Oakland.. The problem with America is that any psycho or Mad Man can easily buy a gun; buying a gun here is as easy as going to buy food in Buka or a restaurant.. America has a big gun problem..There is no day that innocent people are not rob over here and just like in Lagos breaking into people home is very very common here.. I guess that the reason most people spend like $30 a month on home alarm systems to protect their home from arm robbers. My friend was robbed in January at gun point and his car was stolen here in America, we was glad he wasnt harm or shot. Also cities like Detroit and south-side Chicago are as unsafe like Ajegunle Lagos.. I think most part of Nigeria are really safe, I served my NYSC at a village in Enugu and I dont usually locked my door when I go out. I also never experienced any killing or robbery throughout my stay in the village. Apart from some part of Lagos, most western states are safe and I think its only few states like those boko haram States that are unsafe but generally Nigeria is relatively safe Country and better then most countries in the world.. Those that believe Nigeria is unsafe should try spend 1 month in Somali, Syria or even Mexico, after your stay I bet you will all be praying to come back to Nigeria[/b]
Don't mind them.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by manny4life(m): 12:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rossikk: Typical exaggerated nonsense. You think the Boston bombing is the only crime that happens in Boston or USA? That country also has hundreds of daily murders and robberies that are unreported.

My brother, so many people think U.S. is the saint, US govt is in DC, yet DC is ranked on FBI's top 10 list as crime infested areas, meanwhile this is a POWER CONTROLLED CITY/STATE. There's no place or city without crime, I work in DC but can't live in the SE/NE part of DC, because you know why? There's always random shooting "almost daily" in these areas. Even with police presence like every two/three blocks, there's no week that goes by without one/two murders. Will the Americans living in other parts of America know this let alone Nigerians far away in Africa? Has these crimes

A. Subway theft, robbery(DAILY) on the metro - visit WMATA website, it will give you the spiked stats.

B. Car jacking - the metropolis council of governments have this figures,

C. Murder, shooting, stabbing, and all despicable crimes

Has any of these crimes, regardless of their occurrence, made this city to be unsafe?

The last ranking I read from FBI annual report ranked DC area as the 6th in crime amongst tens of several cities. IMO, if I were to rank based upon crimes, DC is unsafe. My point is Nigeria is not excluded, some parts may be unsafe but the media isn't doing justice to it.

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by collynzo2(m): 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2013
I just got this link from CNN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPP3QJM5qk8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIPP3QJM5qk8 don't even bother telling me it doesn't happen everytime in the US. All these Nigerians in diaspora, I wonder if they even go out or follow the news where they live. Maybe they spend all their time on Nairaland and other Nigerian sites looking for negative news. No where is secured!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by RedLight1: 12:48pm On Apr 26, 2013
ola_pluto:
So by that single, isolated incidence, Nigeria is unsafe. Bravo! Hope you have your red pali because Nigeria doesnt really need you.
i tire for these people... If i should narate my ordeal with cosmopolitan police and their racist intentions... Nobody will want to live in england...does that mean all english policemen are like that. These people will just judge entire nation just becoz of single event that happened to them in the past..... My friend went to france and his luggages were taken away from him at gun point by some white french kids... he almost got shot because he didnt release it to them on time... close to french embassy oo.... The police acted as if nothing happened and the media completely ignored it .... Buh if it happens in nigeria... They will blow it out of proportion and make every nigerians look like a luggage thief

3 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 12:53pm On Apr 26, 2013
Red-Light:
i tire for these people... If i should narate my ordeal with cosmopolitan police and their racist intentions... No one will want to live in england...does that mean all english policemen are like that. These people will just judge entire nation just becoz of single event that happened to them in the past..... My friend went to france and his luggages were taken away from him at gun point by some white french kids... he almost got shot because he didnt release it to them on time... close french embassy oo.... The police acted as if nothing happened and the media completely ignored it .... Buh if it happens in nigeria... They will blow it out of proportion and make every nigerians look like a luggage thief
That is the curse we suffer from these vagabonds who hate themselves and suck white nuts for free. I have been held up at gun point thrice in this life and it all happened in the USA capital, Washington DC, within a space of just three years that I lived there.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by RedLight1: 12:54pm On Apr 26, 2013
adconline:
What's ur understanding of isolated incidence? Maybe ur dictionary is written by Boko Haram? This a daily occurrence in Naija and you are talking as if you live in Aso Rock. BTW, GEJ had to stay indoor during one of ur our Independence anniversaries due to insecurity.
daily occurrence? undecided have u been harrassed by the police today? Tell us where and when

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Skywalker5(m): 12:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
collynzo2: I just got this link from CNN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPP3QJM5qk8&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DIPP3QJM5qk8 don't even bother telling me it doesn't happen everytime in the US. All these Nigerians in diaspora, I wonder if they even go out or follow the news where they live. Maybe they spend all their time on Nairaland and other Nigerian sites looking for negative news. No where is secured!

At least there is security protocol in place to track hoodlums down and reducing crime. How about in Nigeria? At least you watching it and someone will identify the person.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 1:01pm On Apr 26, 2013
publisher: [size=14pt]All I can say is that most young patriotic Nigerians end up being the most successful in Nigeria. You'd never hear the likes of Psquare's,Dbanj's,Basket mouths, Wizkids,Jim Ike or Banky W lament that Nigeria is a failed state. Genevieve Nnaji is unbelievably patriotic,I've spoken to her once and she's addicted to Nigeria. A CNN reporter once tried to make Genevieve 'diss' Nigeria but she out-smarted him and declared her patriotism. What some of them like Banky W do is to engage in constructive criticisms and contribute their own quota through NGOs or stuff,in making Nigeria better.

A lot of Nigerian-born UK aspiring artistes have been rushing back to Nigeria to restart their careers,many are breaking even. Outside the USA and a few western/Asian nation, Nigeria boasts of one of the most financially buoyant showbiz industry in the world.

Most of the serial failures I've met in Nigeria are people who like much of Nairaland are disillusioned and extremely lazy, waiting for GEJ to knock on their doors and offer them a good job and good life.

In Mexico,they've had brutal drug wars for years,dismembered corpses sometimes litter some Mexican streets every morning. In fact it got so bad that sometime in 2011,an entire police unit in one of Mexico's drug war regions resigned. Yet many Hollywood A-listers visit Mexico daily for vacations and weekend breaks. But look at Nigeria,in spite of Boko Haram's onslaught in Maiduguri or Yobe,have you ever heard of an entire Nigerian Police unit resigning their posts out of fear?

Nigeria is a great nation with a lot of foolish domestic critics.

I also blame our opposition groups; they don't know the difference between destroying Nigeria's image and destroying PDP's image.[/size]
God bless you. A lot of the problem has to do with basic lack of intelligence. Many Nigerians are unbelievably dumb. They will tell you that even Mexico is ten times safer than Nigeria, for the simple reason that Mexico is foreign with white people (at least white in their eyes). That's how many of them reason. In fact it's why many of them emigrate abroad to work as taxi drivers and security guards, after resigning from well-paid bank jobs in Nigeria. They will live like slaves overseas and perform dirty jobs they'd never do in Nigeria, and still get paid peanuts.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by RedLight1: 1:09pm On Apr 26, 2013
ItsModella:
Is this an attempt at justifying the operation of armed robbers during the day? For goodness sake, I'm not here to compare Nigeria to America or vice versa, I'm stating things as I know/see them, Nigeria is largely unsafe.
lol i aint trying to justify anything sis... Armed robbery is bad...... Just suprised that daylight robbery is such a big deal to u...
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 1:10pm On Apr 26, 2013
tonididdy: i wont lie NIGERIANS live in fear...i swear

as early as 8pm the streets are empty.houses have sealed their gates.

you cant be rich and have piece pf mind even when u know your money is in the bank.

my neighboir came from spain with her spanish hubby and their 2kids who are clearly white.their gates were sealed @least 22hours of the day.the only day they asked me to take em out for a stroll of my area,i was trembling in fear but i did manage to take dem past 5-6different streets.THEY LOVED IT,the weather was just right and the kids didnt want to go indoors BUT they had to lol.

I FELT SO BAD COS THOSE KIDS and even the parents wanted more BUR FEAR WOULDNT LET EM.

NAIJA IS NOT SAFE ET'all
I've never read so much rubbish in my entire existence. I wonder who is paying you to type this horse manure.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 1:17pm On Apr 26, 2013
manny4life:

My brother, so many people think U.S. is the saint, US govt is in DC, yet DC is ranked on FBI's top 10 list as crime infested areas, meanwhile this is a POWER CONTROLLED CITY/STATE. There's no place or city without crime, I work in DC but can't live in the SE/NE part of DC, because you know why? There's always random shooting "almost daily" in these areas. Even with police presence like every two/three blocks, there's no week that goes by without one/two murders. Will the Americans living in other parts of America know this let alone Nigerians far away in Africa? Has these crimes

A. Subway theft, robbery(DAILY) on the metro - visit WMATA website, it will give you the spiked stats.

B. Car jacking - the metropolis council of governments have this figures,

C. Murder, shooting, stabbing, and all despicable crimes

Has any of these crimes, regardless of their occurrence, made this city to be unsafe?

The last ranking I read from FBI annual report ranked DC area as the 6th in crime amongst tens of several cities. IMO, if I were to rank based upon crimes, DC is unsafe. My point is Nigeria is not excluded, some parts may be unsafe but the media isn't doing justice to it.
My brother, I once had my car break down in South east DC. As I alighted from the car and opened the bonnet to check the problem, gun shots began firing from windows in houses on the street near to me and the car. My brother, I just left everything, and ran. As I'm speaking to you now, I've not set eyes on that car since that day, and this was several years ago.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Apr 26, 2013
collynzo2: how did you know that the guy speaks the way he writes? You made a blunder don't try to be wise about it. Does the bolded line make sense to you? You've criticized Nigeria's educational system a few times here, so I ask again, where did you learn such poor grammar?

You need learn about punctuation before you face me.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Apr 26, 2013
Allohrandy: Payless is a narcissistic F00L craving for attention. Please don't waste your time on him because he is a foolish illiterate with IQ of 10 (IQ of a average pig). All he wants is just 10 mins of fame so I don't want to waste my time talking to illiterate like him. Silence is the best answer to a F00L

Define an illiterate?
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 1:28pm On Apr 26, 2013
Sky-walker:
During Easter when i was in Nigeria , went out with my friends to see someone who just built his house in lekki. we stayed there for a while and left around 10pm going back to Ikoyi. Got stopped by some police officers( i though they said fashola banned checkpoints in Lagos? ) Told us to come out and later claimed we assaulted one of their officers aiming their gun at us saying they were going to shoot us. it was a tactic to throw us off our feet and when they found £ in my pocket, they concluded i was a yahoo boy. One of them told us they could waste all of us and claim we were armed robber and refused to stop. I really questioned why i came to Naija that day as i have not seen this kind of thing before in a long time. This guys that were suppose to keep the road safe said they would waste us and call us armed robbers which makes we wonder how many innocent people have been killed by police officers. I gave them money which is obviously what they wanted and they started calling me Rich kid. i was happy no accidental discharge happen and lucky to still be alive as i could smell concentrated substance on them which i could think off as weed. I noticed the other officers were trying to calm the guy who raised the gun at us claiming we assaulted him down.Either he is mentally unstable or was high on drugs.Till i left back to the UK,i refused to leave the house at night and ensure i am back home latest by 7pm.

Now i am here and reading post from people claiming Nigeria is safe? Maybe you guys should try staying in UK for a while and see the difference. I leave my house at 2am to pick up my mate at the train station and no reason for me to hesitate at night.Friday night, we go out from Portsmouth to London and sometimes Birmingham and we have no worries about any dangers on the road.Road is safe,No armed robber,No pot holes on motorways. In Nigeria, i have to keep reciting psalm 23
In that same UK people are stabbed, rap.ed and robbed on a daily basis. Houses are burgled in their thousands daily. Old women are robbed and ra.ped. Children are abducted and rap.ed and then killed. Police seize citizens off the streets who end up dead and police acquitted. Riots over such incidents occur frequently. Gang violence takes the lives of countless kids yearly. This is all over the news. But because you and your drinking friends can drive to somewhere and drink means the UK is safe!
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by princeonx: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
It seems most of you guys definition of safety is only armed robbery! That's not the only reason why a city can be unsafe.
I just got back from Nigeria last week and I had never been as scared as I was for the past five weeks in my life! I always visit Nigeria but this time was different because I went with my 2 and half years old son that wont sit down in the car cux he want to see everything and about 7 months pregnant wife! My worst fear was along that Redeemed Church camp area coming into Lagos from East. The roads in that area are very bad, the traffic was so parked that cars on both of my side are just few inches from my side view mirrors, the car behind me is almost touching my rear bumper! Bumped into me twice while am also almost touching the one in front of me! With this in mind, now picture two FUEL tankers following each other back to back trying to go around all this traffic/cars with one whole side of tires on the bad bumpy road and the whole set of driver side tires from front all the way to back off the road tilting the tanker to an extent that some of the fuel were spilling all over the tank! Now tell me what will happen to over 3000 cars filled with people on the road if this tanker falls and strike off fire? 90% of all of us won't be able to even open our doors because there're cars closely parked/driving on both sides! We won't be able to back-up or switch lanes and there are no emergency lane! And this is the same damn situation every single day on this road and you can see burnt and rolled over tankers like every 3 or 4 miles!
And finally guys and am not sorry for saying it! It's so so stupid of anyone comparing USA and Nigeria regardless of what ever happen in US! It's like comparing sleep (USA) to death (Nigeria). Trying using Ghana or Togo cux even S.A is out of our reach!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by BankuTilapia: 1:31pm On Apr 26, 2013
Somalia is more safer than nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Mehn I used to like this rossik of a guy, but it seems like his paycheck overrides his truthfulness.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Skywalker5(m): 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rossikk: In that same UK people are stabbed, rap.ed and robbed on a daily basis. Houses are burgled in their thousands daily. Old women are robbed and ra.ped. Children are abducted and rap.ed and then killed. Police seize citizens off the streets who end up dead. Riots over such incidents occur frequently. This is all over the news. But because you and your drinking friends can drive to somewhere and drink means the UK is safe!

Who the hell are you? who da phuck do u think you are? This is a forum where we all express our thoughs and you insult me because i made points which is different from yours?

Go phuck yourself doucebag. Every crime is reported in UK and there are stats for it unlike Nigeria which you have all taking it as eveyday thing.lawlessness is everywhere ,yet you claim it is safe.
Did you read recently about how crime has reduced in the UK since you know more about the violence happening?
No. You are here talking rubbish. Let me educate your foolish mind

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/24/crime-falling-reduce-fear-crime

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/fall-in-violent-crime-britain--land-of-law-and-order-8586903.html

update.. keep modifying your post. i know you working with a mod.you have modified your post that i copied.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by BankuTilapia: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2013
In Ghana i can roam anywhere witout thinking abt been kidnap or bombed, datz wot we call a country. Nigeria is a pit latrine. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Banku&Tilapia:
In Ghana i can roam anywhere witout thinking abt been kidnap or bombed, datz wot we call a country. Nigeria is a pit latrine. cheesy

You see, the bucket of fccccuuukkkk we wanted to give you just rolled down the hill.
Attention seeker

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by imsuboi(m): 1:38pm On Apr 26, 2013
Yes o! Our country is very safe! Watch this video and tell me what you think: http:///mPnM0d6wz5
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
imsu.boi:
Yes o! Our country is very safe! Watch this video and tell me what you think: http:///mPnM0d6wz5

VIRUS
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 1:40pm On Apr 26, 2013
prince_onx: It seems most of you guys definition of safety is only armed robbery! That's not the only reason why a city can be unsafe.
I just got back from Nigeria last week and I had never been as scared as I was for the past five weeks in my life! I always visit Nigeria but this time was different because I went with my 2 and half years old son that wont sit down in the car cux he want to see everything and about 7 months pregnant wife! My worst fear was along that Redeemed Church camp area coming into Lagos from East. The roads in that area are very bad, the traffic was so parked that cars on both of my side are just few inches from my side view mirrors, the car behind me is almost touching my rear bumper! Bumped into me twice while am also almost touching the one in front of me! With this in mind, now picture two FUEL tankers following each other back to back trying to go around all this traffic/cars with one whole side of tires on the bad bumpy road and the whole set of driver side tires from front all the way to back off the road tilting the tanker to an extent that some of the fuel were spilling all over the tank! Now tell me what will happen to over 3000 cars filled with people on the road if this tanker falls and strike off fire? 90% of all of us won't be able to even open our doors because there're cars closely parked/driving on both sides! We won't be able to back-up or switch lanes and there are no emergency lane! And this is the same damn situation every single day on this road and you can see burnt and rolled over tankers like every 3 or 4 miles!
And finally guys and am not sorry for saying it! It's so so stupid of anyone comparing USA and Nigeria regardless of what ever happen in US! It's like comparing sleep (USA) to death (Nigeria). Trying using Ghana or Togo cux even S.A is out of our reach!
Please spare us the dishonour of visiting Nigeria again with your satanic self. Kindly stay away. You won't be missed. By the way, hundreds of thousands must have died on that road you claim was filled with burnt and rolled over tankers, correct? Animal.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by princeonx: 1:52pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rossikk: My brother, I once had my car break down in South east DC. As I alighted from the car and opened the bonnet to check the problem, gun shots began firing from windows in houses on the street near to me and the car. My brother, I just left everything, and ran. As I'm speaking to you now, I've not set eyes on that car since that day, and this was several years ago.
When will the part 2 of this $h!t you're spilling be out?
You are a big lier and please don't use your own mouth to bring yourself ill wishes. Was that a real or toy car? Real bullet or toy guns flying out the windows like that? Or maybe you go there to buy crack on credit! You must be one of those Nigerians that drive rubbish in the name of car instead of jumping on the bus! Why didn't you call the cops or tow truck to go and get your imaginary car? Do you know the size of US that you're comparing with/to Nigeria? Maybe you should combined about 10 countries in Africa and their crime to compare that to US! When this crime and evil happen in the US both by poor and the rich people condemn them and go to jail not Nigeria where people bribe their way out! How many of your Nigeria president, governors, chairperson, or council man had/have gone to jail for bribery/corruption? You know what? Some of them are also reading so keep praising them while they're screwing you!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Rossikk(m): 1:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
prince_onx:
When will the part 2 of this $h!t you're spilling be out?
You are a big lier and please don't use your own mouth to bring yourself ill wishes. Was that a real or toy car? Real bullet or toy guns flying out the windows like that? Or maybe you go there to buy crack on credit! You must be one of those Nigerians that drive rubbish in the name of car instead of jumping on the bus! Why didn't you call the cops or tow truck to go and get your imaginary car? Do you know the size of US that you're comparing with/to Nigeria? Maybe you should combined about 10 countries in Africa and their crime to compare that to US! When this crime and evil happen in the US both by poor and the rich people condemn them and go to jail not Nigeria where people bribe their way out! How many of your Nigeria president, governors, chairperson, or council man had/have gone to jail for bribery/corruption? You know what? Some of them are also reading so keep praising them while they're screwing you!
Please go back to sucking white nuts, slaveboy. That's all you're good for. In fact all that's left is a padlock between your lips.
Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by princeonx: 2:03pm On Apr 26, 2013
Rossikk: Please spare us the dishonour of visiting Nigeria again with your satanic self. Kindly stay away. You won't be missed. By the way, hundreds of thousands must have died on that road you claim was filled with burnt and rolled over tankers, correct? Animal.
Yes they have beast! Or you don't watch or listen to news? About 38 did in my present along Onitsha-Owerri road 3 weeks ago involving two trailers and two ITS buses and 62 people that same day somewhere in the South involving a luxurious bus and fuel tanker! If only your mom had swallowed like she did with most of her clients or used protection you won't be here to insult me for voicing my opinion! And you know what? I visit naija to piss f@@ls like you off! I dey come for December again so go jump off bridge!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Really Unsafe? by Dede1(m): 2:04pm On Apr 26, 2013
Allohrandy: I observed that most of those saying that the western countries like USA and UK is safe have never traveled out of Nigeria or are just biased.. I dont blame them because before I traveled out of Nigeria, I used to think that Nigeria is the most unsafe and worse country in the world. I currently live in Oakland California which is often call the murder capital of America. This city is control by the Mexican drug cartel and black American gangs. Infact, the murder rate here in Oakland, California is like 2 murder everyday. In-fact a Nigerian Mrs Doris Chibuko was shot to death last year in Oakland.. The problem with America is that any psycho or Mad Man can easily buy a gun; buying a gun here is as easy as going to buy food in Buka or a restaurant.. America has a big gun problem..There is no day that innocent people are not rob over here and just like in Lagos breaking into people home is very very common here.. I guess that the reason most people spend like $30 a month on home alarm systems to protect their home from arm robbers. My friend was robbed in January at gun point and his car was stolen here in America, we was glad he wasnt harm or shot. Also cities like Detroit and south-side Chicago are as unsafe like Ajegunle Lagos.. I think most part of Nigeria are really safe, I served my NYSC at a village in Enugu and I dont usually locked my door when I go out. I also never experienced any killing or robbery throughout my stay in the village. Apart from some part of Lagos, most western states are safe and I think its only few states like those boko haram States that are unsafe but generally Nigeria is relatively safe Country and better then most countries in the world.. Those that believe Nigeria is unsafe should try spend 1 month in Somali, Syria or even Mexico, after your stay I bet you will all be praying to come back to Nigeria

You tried to paint a picture spurred by the patriotism you have for your country. No place on earth can be said to be safe or unsafe. There are crimes of difference shades and forms all over the world. However, there are prevailing culture and necessity that trail certain criminal environments on earth. I have stayed in Oakland, Chicago, Bronx, South-east, DC, Laredo, Detroit and Mexicali. Nigeria used to be one of safest place on earth but it has changed lately.

In the places mentioned above, the citizens, at least, have the right to protect themselves because law abiding individuals have right to purchase and bear guns. The issues of policing seemed to be better in USA than Mexico or Nigeria. In Nigeria, law abiding citizens are at the mercy of criminals, corrupt police, army, government officials and being denied the ability to self-protection. The first law of nature is self-preservation. In Nigeria, such law does not exist.

It is most dangerous when a person travels at night in Nigeria not because of armed robbers, which is a major issue, but Nigerians who have no regard for the safety of other roads users. I had to travel from the airport at Port Harcourt to Owerre between 11PM to 12PM. It is unbelievable to watch big trucks and trailers running on the road with “touch lights” and apparently no brake or tail lights. The roads are death straps too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

We Demanded N100 Billion From FG - Miyetti Allah / President Buhari Returns To Abuja At The Conclusion Of Elections (Photos) / Troops Recovers Large Cache Of Arms And Ammunitions At Gursum (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.