Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (426008 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 5:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
lagbabe: Obatide,are u current yet?if u are,wen is ur interview?are u going for interview as single or family?
Im current in November and my interview is in December. I will be going as a family.
may I know about yours?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 5:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Obatide:
Im current in November and my interview is in December. I will be going as a family.
may I know about yours?
not current yet,CN is 96**,going as a family too;me,hubby nd our Lil sunshine.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 5:09pm On Nov 30, 2013
geogec: Please house I will like to know if my wife can use my Name ie my surname to get the NPC Birth attestation or she should use her own surname ie her father's name before she got married to me. This because all other document of hers are having her father's but this is before we got married. But now that we are married
Do the NPC attestation need to carry my name or her father' name
I need ur response. Thanks to u all.
gud day house please need ur response
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 5:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
powerfuljc: Good day forumites,
The strong memebers of this forum took me with surprise, for more than 3 times that I wrote the circumstances that besiege my forms to KCC, I wrote that I was one the DV 2014 selectees, with case number 2014AF 000069** that my bio-data forms had been sent and received by KCC since July 27,2013 this year and that my case number have been current since November as published in their bulletin, up till now I have not receive my 2 notification letter, but to my surprise nobody in this forum cares to encourage me and provide the way forward. Please house I really need your contributions and helps.
so sorry for that, I belive its an oversight.
Do you confirm that they received your form?
If no, mail kccdv@state.gov to enquire about the status of your submitted forms quoting FULL NAME, DATE OF BIRTH & CASE NUMBER, whenever you mail them or you may call them.
Once they confirmed that (if yes), relax your mind and prepare your documents, once ur 2nd NL comes, time seems to be flying.(my thoght tho)
Hope u r okay now?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2013
geogec: Please house I will like to know if my wife can use my Name ie my surname to get the NPC Birth attestation or she should use her own surname ie her father's name before she got married to me. This because all other document of hers are having her father's but this is before we got married. But now that we are married
Do the NPC attestation need to carry my name or her father' name
I need ur response. Thanks to u all.
If you get married Legally, all documents after marriage will bear her new Surname.
So, I will advice she use her marrital SURNAME
Hope it helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Anthony Lofty: @Janut and those that did their interview recently,please what is the current exchange rate at the embassy?
Before any of them reply, Embassy has a stable excanche rate of $1 to 165 Naira

Fees may be paid in U.S. Dollars or the equivalent in Nigerian Naira, the exchange rate at the Embassy and Consulate General is 165 Naira to one Dollar. ....................
source: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/acs_abuja_passports.html

Hope it helps?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 5:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
Anthony Lofty: @Janut and those that did their interview recently,please what is the current exchange rate at the embassy?
165naira to 1dollar
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 5:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
@powerfuljc,
I would prefer u call them,because while communicating with u on phone,he/she will login to ur account and tell u ur file standing and if need be add one or two things to ur file.My thought though.
Get ur case no,full DOB,names and location ready b4 u call them.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
In addition to the replies above, She should use her current (married) surname but put a Nee x x x in bracket after the names to show the maiden name. That's what I did for my spouse to remove any confusion. The NPC people in Abuja suggested that. Hope that helps.
Obatide:
If you get married Legally, all documents after marriage will bear her new Surname.
Hope it helps?
In addition to the replies above, She should use her current (married) surname but put a Nee x x x in bracket after the names to show the maiden name. That's what I did for my spouse to remove any confusion. The NPC people in Abuja suggested that. Hope that helps.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 6:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
@ lagbabe, thank you.. @ obatide, not @ all thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 6:36pm On Nov 30, 2013
Medicals and Police Clearance certificate done, waiting for my interview on tuesday 3rd December. I'd like to share my experience at the Medicals (Consultant Practice) cos it might help someone. Got there around 10:20am after going through a bit of traffic. Was given a Zenith Bank Teller to go pay the total sum of 38k which is the consultation fees (12,000 each for 2 adults and 7,000 each for 2 children).
Having done that at a Zenith Bank just 5 minutes walk from the Hospital, returned to the Hospital where I filled out some consent forms for each member of my family. I was then queued to see the nurse. The nurse took the weight and height for all of us, drew blood samples from my wife and I and then injected my 3 year old daughter with something that they will watch and read after 48 hours to see if she has been exposed to TB. My 1 year old Son wasn't given that injections cos they said he is still covered against TB by his current immunization.
I and my spouse thereafter took turns going to take x-ray. After that we went upstairs to see a doctor in a consulting room who will determine what vaccines we will take. We waited for quite sometime as the process became very slow at this point. Eventually we were attended to. The Doc was very friendly so the session was cool. He took our BP after asking a few questions about our medical history. He said that he needs to take our BP before telling us about the vaccines so that our BP won't rise (lol). He asked for our children's vaccination records which we had handy, he looked through them and highlighted areas of interest to him. He commended us saying he hadn't seen such a comprehensive record of immunization for children in a long time. He then made his recommendation for the vaccines we are to take and calculated the amount on the sheet of paper (I didn't copy them cos I thought we will leave with the sheets later). The bill was as follows: me and my spouse 18k each, my Son 22,500, my daughter 25,000. Total for all (Vaccines+consultation) was 117,500.
Please for those with Children who have vaccination records, please go with 2 photocopies for the hospital. I had to go out a make copies somewhere before leaving. Also, go with your Int'l passport, the photocopies and 2 identical passport photographs. Be ready to spend sometime there cos there can be traffic there as the hospital also does medicals for Canadian Visas. We went back 2 days after for reading of the TB stuff they injected my daughter and I alone waited to collect the medicals at 4pm which is the time they release results.
I also did police report on the day I collected the medicals. The process took about 2 hours in all. Cost me 5k each as the police people refused to reduce the money even with the Presence of my mother-in-law who is a retired officer.
All is now set for the interview on Tuesday. House believe God with us for a swift, clean, easy interview. The horse is made ready for the battle but victory belongs to the Lord. Thanks for all your support especially my good friend I met on this forum @Obatide. God will perfect all that concerns us all.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Malcolm28: Medicals and Police Clearance certificate done, waiting for my interview on tuesday 3rd December. I'd like to share my experience at the Medicals (Consultant Practice) cos it might help someone. Got there around 10:20am after going through a bit of traffic. Was given a Zenith Bank Teller to go pay the total sum of 38k which is the consultation fees (12,000 each for 2 adults and 7,000 each for 2 children).
Having done that at a Zenith Bank just 5 minutes walk from the Hospital, returned to the Hospital where I filled out some consent forms for each member of my family. I was then queued to see the nurse. The nurse took the weight and height for all of us, drew blood samples from my wife and I and then injected my 3 year old daughter with something that they will watch and read after 48 hours to see if she has been exposed to TB. My 1 year old Son wasn't given that injections cos they said he is still covered against TB by his current immunization.
I and my spouse thereafter took turns going to take x-ray. After that we went upstairs to see a doctor in a consulting room who will determine what vaccines we will take. We waited for quite sometime as the process became very slow at this point. Eventually we were attended to. The Doc was very friendly so the session was cool. He took our BP after asking a few questions about our medical history. He said that he needs to take our BP before telling us about the vaccines so that our BP won't rise (lol). He asked for our children's vaccination records which we had handy, he looked through them and highlighted areas of interest to him. He commended us saying he hadn't seen such a comprehensive record of immunization for children in a long time. He then made his recommendation for the vaccines we are to take and calculated the amount on the sheet of paper (I didn't copy them cos I thought we will leave with the sheets later). The bill was as follows: me and my spouse 18k each, my Son 22,500, my daughter 25,000. Total for all (Vaccines+consultation) was 117,500.
Please for those with Children who have vaccination records, please go with 2 photocopies for the hospital. I had to go out a make copies somewhere before leaving. Also, go with your Int'l passport, the photocopies and 2 identical passport photographs. Be ready to spend sometime there cos there can be traffic there as the hospital also does medicals for Canadian Visas. We went back 2 days after for reading of the TB stuff they injected my daughter and I alone waited to collect the medicals at 4pm which is the time they release results.
I also did police report on the day I collected the medicals. The process took about 2 hours in all. Cost me 5k each as the police people refused to reduce the money even with the Presence of my mother-in-law who is a retired officer.
All is now set for the interview on Tuesday. House believe God with us for a swift, clean, easy interview. The horse is made ready for the battle but victory belongs to the Lord. Thanks for all your support especially my good friend I met on this forum @Obatide. God will perfect all that concerns us all.
Congratulations bro.
December, being a month of ULTIMATE GIFT, the month that God remembered the world again and Gave His only Son, I pray that 'everything' will work for our favour in the month of December, Ultimate Grace, Favour, and easiest interview will be our portion to start with you on the 3rd.
Pls go and collecet your Visa and lets move to the next level.
House, pls pray with us ooooooooooooooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
candytos:

I see your predicament, I am advising you to use the correct age, which is what you have sent in the forms, do not change it as that is what is on her certificates and passports and birth certificate I believe. Tell your sister to tell the CO the truth at the interview if the CO raise an issue on it, tell him that an agent applied for her and made the mistake of putting wrong DOB and place of birth, They understand and know agents help people to apply and mistakes are made and they do not make issues on it so long u tell the truth. Believe me we give this people too much credit they will not note or see this difference in DOB or place of birth not to talk of raising issues about it. Tell ur sis that the visa is hers In Jesus Name amen. u will surely testify on her behalf In Jesus Name amen.

Others please comment

I concur with you. You are right, stick to the real DOB, and say the truth which you will swear to tell in front of the CO.

P.S.: If you check, I re-edited your post. The part you wrote IJN.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 7:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thanks a lot my good family I appreciate. All u advice I will do just ask u have suggest
Thanks once more
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 7:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
lagbabe: not current yet,CN is 96**,going as a family too;me,hubby nd our Lil sunshine.
You are welcome, God will see us all through
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:44pm On Nov 30, 2013
powerfuljc: @coop, please when did you sent your bio-data forms to kcc and when did kcc receive them.thanks.

Easy there so the system does not detect you as spam.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
Obatide:
Hope it helps?

In addition, after the full name, at the end, put NEE(Father's name).
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 7:50pm On Nov 30, 2013
@malcolm28,
"The horse is made ready for the battle but victory belongs to the Lord". My brother,you ve said it all,victory is sure for you and family in Jesus name,amen.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 7:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
powerfuljc: @coop, please when did you sent your bio-data forms to kcc and when did kcc receive them.thanks.

I sent my form July 23 and they confirmed it early Sept cox I sent tru post, and my cm ; 79** which is current in Dec and I mailed them to no about my 2ndL and they reply that they are scheduling Visa for my region . but whit my observation d interview may b Feb, cos av notice someone going for his win on 27th. but hopefully b4 d year end it will drop
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 8:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
TCPonly: @malcolm28,
"The horse is made ready for the battle but victory belongs to the Lord". My brother,you ve said it all,victory is sure for you and family in Jesus name,amen.

Nice one, it can only be God.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by geogec: 8:31pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thanks a lot my good family I appreciate All ur advice I will do just ask u have suggest. Please I want to aslo fine out some here, for somebody that did 5years in primary school ie she wrote common entrance in primary 5 and did 6years in secondary school which is 11years in all instead of the US 12years I hope that person will not have any problem. But she Is a graduate now. Please house I need u reply.
Thanks once more
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kennex89(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2013
the birth certificate will not be accepted at all you need to go down to NPC Nigeria population commission office to get an attestation of birth. that will not be accepted ok.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
geogec: Thanks a lot my good family I appreciate All ur advice I will do just ask u have suggest. Please I want to aslo fine out some here, for somebody that did 5years in primary school ie she wrote common entrance in primary 5 and did 6years in secondary school which is 11years in all instead of the US 12years I hope that person will not have any problem. But she Is a graduate now. Please house I need u reply.
Thanks once more

That won't be a problem. I believe she's applying based on her graduate degree.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
coop:

I sent my form July 23 and they confirmed it early Sept cox I sent tru post, and my cm ; 79** which is current in Dec and I mailed them to no about my 2ndL and they reply that they are scheduling Visa for my region . but whit my observation d interview may b Feb, cos av notice someone going for his win on 27th. but hopefully b4 d year end it will drop

I believe when the next bulletin is released, your interview will be scheduled for February.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
I want to thank the following people for their positive respond towards my post: @coop, @obatide, and @TCPONLY, the mercy and favour of Almighty God will continue to be with you people as you have contributed to my progress asd sucess. I will do as you have suggested I will call and I will email them [kcc]. Thanks a lot.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
dear forumites, i want to ask this, if I email the kcc to confirm the receipt of my bio-data form , will the kcc include the email draft into my case file against my interview date.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by powerfuljc: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Dear forumites, i want to ask this, if I email the kcc to confirm the receipt of my bio-data form , will the kcc include the email draft into my case file against my interview date.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 11:47pm On Nov 30, 2013
powerfuljc: Dear forumites, i want to ask this, if I email the kcc to confirm the receipt of my bio-data form , will the kcc include the email draft into my case file against my interview date.

No, it will not be included in your file against your interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ciscoicom(m): 1:04am On Dec 01, 2013
Thanks so much for the good work you guys are doing on this forum.
I was selected in the dv visa lottery 2014. I have B.sc in chemistry.
In the application form, I filled university degree as highest educaton
obtained. There is a date of birth mistake in my waec result . It has
14th Nov 1985 on it, instead of 12th Nov 1985. I have gone for error
correction which might take sometime. I have all photocopied documents
backing the error correction such like photocopy of waec result,letter
from the school principal,birth certificate,bank draft,receipt of
payment,a filled form for error correction. Please I want to know if the
photocopied documents are acceptable or can i use my neco result but my problem with neco result is that i did not fill it in the form submitted to kcc or can my University degree result
serve me for the interview ? Please advice me on what to do.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 1:26am On Dec 01, 2013
Malcolm28: Medicals and Police Clearance certificate done, waiting for my interview on tuesday 3rd December. I'd like to share my experience at the Medicals (Consultant Practice) cos it might help someone. Got there around 10:20am after going through a bit of traffic. Was given a Zenith Bank Teller to go pay the total sum of 38k which is the consultation fees (12,000 each for 2 adults and 7,000 each for 2 children).

Nothing beats a properly narrated experience to learn from. God bless you for taking the time out to put this in writing in this forum. Wishing u a successfull interview as I look forward to an equally detailed account.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 4:23am On Dec 01, 2013
Happy New month to you all, May thy Lord perfects all that concerns us before this year runs out IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by coop: 4:47am On Dec 01, 2013
westcodes:

I believe when the next bulletin is released, your interview will be scheduled for February.
Thankz . God bless you

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (264) (Reply)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.