Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,337 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15493 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Una don start for here kwa?
Five yrs ban fr both of u,if u dnt stop dis nw
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Minaak47(m): 1:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
U guys r busy arguing ova a lady who am sure is busy relaxing nd enjoyin d swt taste of her succes... Smh...

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 3:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
sexkillz: You should have made your point without implying she "registered just to win" and going ahead to post her profile information.

That's so pathetic. . . Take it or leave it.

I said, she may as well have registered to win. That's not a absolute statement. Only used her as an example. Now, it's left for you to draw your ear and listen to the the words of wisdom or do otherwise. It's your choice to make.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 2legit2qwt: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
sexkillz: There were 472 votes yesterday.

Who is ready to receive and sort 472 mails? Sexkillz? Hell NO.

There are people here with 150 alt accounts.

What happens when the alt accounts start sending mails? How do you verify?

We made a rule for people who registered within a particular range not to vote. How do you stop their emails?

The secret ballot idea is Dead on Arrival!

The secret ballot could actually work as far as sorting goes but it may not help with people using alt accounts. Maybe someone can figure out another way to counter that.

Here's how:
Ask the voters to reply solely with whom their vote is being made for. Then set up rules in your mailbox for each contestant. Doing it this way actually gets you results in minutes as the sub-folder will show you the total counts first and instantly.

Not sure how this will help alternate accounts though but this will surely be good if you want to get results in faster and also saves you counting time.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by biolabee(m): 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2013
2legit2qwt:

The secret ballot could actually work as far as sorting goes but it may not help with people using alt accounts. Maybe someone can figure out another way to counter that.

Here's how:
Ask the voters to reply solely with whom their vote is being made for. Then set up rules in your mailbox for each contestant. Doing it this way actually gets you results in minutes as the sub-folder will show you the total counts first and instantly.

Not sure how this will help alternate accounts though but this will surely be good if you want to get results in faster and also saves you counting time.

Splendid post but it seems sexkillz does not do dialogue..
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 08, 2013
@biolabee: how practical is ur idea?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by biolabee(m): 8:01pm On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: how practical is ur idea?

which idea now.... all email sites now do auto filters on rules
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
I don't know why you people want to create trouble for the judges and yourselves...the voting is open and yet people still complain of rigging and that they are not counted appropriately....the votes should be on the thread where everyone can see so that anyone who is not pleased can go and count himself or herself...

I have been on NL long enough to know that people don't accept things that are done in secret. Especially thing like this where everyone wants their team to win.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
biolabee:

which idea now.... all email sites now do auto filters on rules
Wow! That would surely cut down on the counting time.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 08, 2013
I don't see how time will be saved. We'd still have to check profiles individually. Using the email system also opens the floor for rigging allegations. Voting was done on Nairaland for people to see and not question anyone (we were still questioned lol). In my opinion, I'd love for it to stay on the forum. I'm open to more opinions though.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
@Ogugua: Would u consider closing the polls at 8pm on June 17th? Because Nigeria will play against Tahiti on the same day at 9pm.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 2legit2qwt: 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd_44: I don't know why you people want to create trouble for the judges and yourselves...the voting is open and yet people still complain of rigging and that they are not counted appropriately....the votes should be on the thread where everyone can see so that anyone who is not pleased can go and count himself or herself...

I have been on NL long enough to know that people don't accept things that are done in secret. Especially thing like this where everyone wants their team to win.

That's a valid point too
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd44, get out of my head!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: @Ogugua: Would u consider closing the polls at 8pm on June 17th? Because Nigeria will play against Tahiti on the same day at 9pm.

Lol. We'll see oga.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
ogugua88:

Lol. We'll see oga.

Daalu cheesy cheesy
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: @Ogugua: Would u consider closing the polls at 8pm on June 17th? Because Nigeria will play against Tahiti on the same day at 9pm.
Some people don't actually care if Nigeria is playing in the world cup finals and the thread is what they have planned...stop being selfish

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:15pm On Jun 08, 2013
2legit2qwt:

That's a valid point too
I know NL
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
No opinion falls on deaf ears Myndy lol.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
ogugua88: Mynd44, get out of my head!
Abeg no let killz see am oo. I no want make person come dey pursue me with cutlass for dream grin gringringrin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
ogugua88: No opinion falls on deaf ears Myndy lol.
Not when that opinon is out of selfish interest......
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Not when that opinon is out of selfish interest......
I agree...

Who gives a flipping dodo about Nigeria vs she na Haiti?

Abeggi!
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd_44: Not when that opinon is out of selfish interest......

Well, I don't know how many people will watch the match, but I'm sure he won't be the only one.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Inik(m): 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva has a valid point, anyone that contests for the miss/mr nairaland should be an active member of this forum. Without active members posting comments and creating threads this forum will be dead. Being miss/mr nairaland is like being the face of the forum in the offline world, if someone who is relatively new wins the crown he/she may not be able to represent the forum well if an occasion demands for it.
In the next contest let the number of posts be a criteria for contesting. I suggest a minimum of 100 nairaland posts for contestants!

Btw I am part of #TeamLupey and i campaigned for her yesterday.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Inik(m): 8:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
If you lose will you still watch the match? wink
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:27pm On Jun 08, 2013
Inik: Afam4eva has a valid point, anyone that contests for the miss/mr nairaland should be an active member of this forum. Without active members posting comments and creating threads this forum will be dead. Being miss/mr nairaland is like being the face of the forum in the offline world, if someone who is relatively new wins the crown he/she may not be able to represent the forum well if an occasion demands for it.
In the next contest let the number of posts be a criteria for contesting. I suggest a minimum of 100 nairaland posts for contestants!

Btw I am part of #TeamLupey and i campaigned for her yesterday.
Forgive me but representing NL in what capacity? What are you people on about self? The rules were they register before a certain date and verify. Why count how many posts and how active they are? Them wan share dun dun and akara for una?

A lot of people come on NL as guests more that you register user sef and don't claim know all. I guess you would soon raise a motion that poster with 10,000 posts and above should have special status too. It is an online contest dude.
Why so serious?

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
Idowuogbo:
I agree...

Who gives a flipping dodo about Nigeria vs she na Haiti?

Abeggi!
I wonder ooo.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2013
ogugua88:

Well, I don't know how many people will watch the match, but I'm sure he won't be the only one.
That's why they have all day to vote and they can come back after the match to check for the results...there is something called keeping the plan and not shifting the goal post in the middle of the match
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
That's why they have all day to vote and they can come back after the match to check for the results...there is something called keeping the plan and not shifting the goal post in the middle of the match

1. Match (Mr Nairaland) never start.
2. All I said is "we'll see".

sad
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Inik(m): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Forgive me but representing NL in what capacity? What are you people on about self? The rules were they register before a certain date and verify. Why count how many posts and how active they are? Them wan share dun dun and akara for una?

A lot of people come on NL as guests more that you register user sef and don't claim know all. I guess you would soon raise a motion that poster with 10,000 posts and above should have special status too. It is an online contest dude.
Why so serious?
Nothing serious. I was just making a suggestion, i know this is just an online stuff. Miss nairaland nigeria represents nairaland Nigeria in events, shows etc...
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 8:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
Inik:
Nothing serious. I was just making a suggestion, i know this is just an online stuff. Miss nairaland nigeria represents nairaland Nigeria in events, shows etc...
Represents Nigeria? Dude you need to stop dreaming and wake the eff up....
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
Inik:
If you lose will you still watch the match? wink

I go still watch am.
#team Supereagles.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
Represents Nigeria? Dude you need to stop dreaming and wake the eff up....

The guy is an idealist cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Man With The World’s Longest joystick Weighs It To Prove It’s Real(photos) / Can Anyone Suggest A Good Free Dating Site / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.