Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,328 members, 7,867,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions - Romance (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions (15562 Views)

Mr Nairaland Contest 2015 - CAMPAIGN THREAD / Miss Nairaland 2015 Contest Complaints Thread / Romance Section Complaints and Suggestions Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 6:43am On May 20, 2013
ogugua88:

[size=13pt]8am smiley[/size]
Can't wait
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by cdamsel(f): 9:30am On May 20, 2013
chelseabmw: I would love to present myself too grin grin
u re 1 person I'll wanna c wink
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 06, 2013
Saving this for future reference:

Acidosis: In lieu of this disheartening events, I want to propose a blind election in the subsequent beauty contests.
Such that contestants' names would be hidden and replaced with numbers!
That way, no one would be able to identify Miss A, Miss D, Miss F and Miss B.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:25am On Jun 06, 2013
ogugua88: Saving this for future reference:

How will it be practicable, if the voters have seen the contestants' pic before?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 2legit2qwt: 12:35am On Jun 06, 2013
CFCfan:

How will it be practicable, if the voters have seen the contestants' pic before?
Could have been a good idea but most of the contestants have somewhat shared their pictures in the past.
Should still be helpful since majority of the votes will be coming from random people from other session. Then again, people will pm each other and reveal the handle behind the picture going back to the 'clique' thing again
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:37am On Jun 06, 2013
2legit2qwt:
Could have been a good idea but most of the contestants have somewhat shared their pictures in the past.
It could since majority of the votes will be coming from random people from other session. Then again, people will pm each other and reveal the handle behind the picture going back to the 'clique' thing again

So true. I guess the contest should be left the way it is. Even though the mods put every round on the frontpage, still the 'clique-ism' still has much influence
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 5:18am On Jun 06, 2013
Much ado about nothing
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 06, 2013
Lol.

I posted it as I saw people liking the comment. I put it here for members to discuss in case it was something they wanted implemented in the future. It sure beats having to go back to old threads six months later lol.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 06, 2013
ogugua88: Lol.

I posted it as I saw people liking the comment. I put it here for members to discuss in case it was something they wanted implemented in the future. It sure beats having to go back to old threads six months later lol.

Ok. I have to commend you for your efforts in organizing this year's event. I fit hire u as a wedding planner cheesy
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 06, 2013
Lol thanks. If it's your wedding, then I won't mind at all. smiley
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by biafranqueen: 7:29am On Jun 06, 2013
When can we have Mrs Nairaland grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Mynd44: 7:34am On Jun 06, 2013
ogugua88: Lol thanks. If it's your wedding, then I won't mind at all. smiley
When you get the job, I offer food tasting services grin
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 06, 2013
ogugua88: Lol thanks. If it's your wedding, then I won't mind at all. smiley

*dancing Azonto*
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by biolabee(m): 5:49am On Jun 08, 2013
this was a relatively clean contest with less bitterness than in the post
Welll done s.exgua for cleaning threads pronto
This should encourage more contestants next year

I feel to counter the clique factor and/or herd mentality. we can look at some suggestions

- Campaigning should be stopped in the voting thread

- Also votes should not be displayed until the end of the competition - FiNALE (just positions) this further reinforces people's voting patterns

- In the final Also we can have a number of weighted votes, say vote A , vote B and vote C where you instead of voting for one person only
vote A carrries 5 votes
B 4 and C so on and so forth

This will allow voters to distribute points not votes

- Also can we look at using PMs to vote (a sort of secret ballot)
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 08, 2013
^^
I like your idea about a secret ballot. But the organizers' mail boxes are gonna be filled to the brim, lol.
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by biolabee(m): 6:09am On Jun 08, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
I like your idea about a secret ballot. But the organizers' mail boxes are gonna be filled to the brim, lol.

I know...maybe a special email will be opened and the subject will be the preferred candidate
A lot of peoplw could modify their votes and also the campaigning was hard mehn...
#herdmentality tinz
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 08, 2013
There were 472 votes yesterday.

Who is ready to receive and sort 472 mails? Sexkillz? Hell NO.

There are people here with 150 alt accounts.

What happens when the alt accounts start sending mails? How do you verify?

We made a rule for people who registered within a particular range not to vote. How do you stop their emails?

The secret ballot idea is Dead on Arrival!

2 Likes

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 08, 2013
@biolabee!! campaigning cannot stop
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by biolabee(m): 8:27am On Jun 08, 2013
No problem...
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Idowuogbo(f): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2013
Oh I've got to come show some lurveerreree to famz.

Well done Jam-donut and oh our plincess OG caramel.

U did well guys... It was fun and tense.

Jah bless dis union.

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 192: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2013
i wan contest angry
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2013
1-9-0:
i wan contest angry
Have u done ur assignment?
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 192: 9:15am On Jun 08, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Have u done ur assignment?

does it include taking off your pants tongue
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2013
1-9-0:

does it include taking off your pants tongue
No it doesn't Yeye pikin
I've told u to stay away frm d sexuality session ba?...c wat u're turning into nw
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by 192: 9:18am On Jun 08, 2013
Vickii Ro:
No it doesn't Yeye pikin
I've told u to stay away frm d sexuality session ba?...c wat u're turning into nw

embarassed embarassed

I was born into sexuality section embarassed embarassed
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 9:56am On Jun 08, 2013
1-9-0:

embarassed embarassed

I was born into sexuality section embarassed embarassed
Wud love to meet ur mother then
Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 10:37am On Jun 08, 2013
I would appeal to the judges to make sure those that are allowed to contest are those that are a little bit established on here. Lupey only registered 2 months before the contest and had less than 19 posts before the contestants began. She may have well have registered just to win the contest. Next time we should make it strictly for relatively established candidates #JustSaying

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 08, 2013
Afam4eva: I would appeal to the judges to make sure those that are allowed to contest are those that are a little bit established on here. Lupey only registered 2 months before the contest and had less than 19 posts before the contestants began. She may have well have registered just to win the contest. Next time we should make it strictly for relatively established candidates #JustSaying
Where were you when we made a rule that said "everyone registered before May 1 2013"

So how can she register just to win?

You lot are a funny bunch of conspiracy theorists.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 08, 2013
And why didn't your so called "established candidates" get verified for the contest? We had about 130 nominations, 14 girls verified. I have a picture of Lupey holding a paper that says "Lupey".

The crap people spill all in a bid of making sense is nothing short of "very sickening!"

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Afam4eva(m): 11:36am On Jun 08, 2013
sexkillz: Where were you when we made a rule that said "everyone registered before May 1 2013"

So how can she register just to win?

You lot are a funny bunch of conspiracy theorists.

The problem with some of you is, you think you know everything and don't want to learn. I'm not disputing Lupey's win or the law that qualified her. I'm saying, you should be more critical of contestants and voters in subsequent editions. It's either you take it or leave it. A suggestion is what it is and that's what this thread is meant for.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 08, 2013
You should have made your point without implying she "registered just to win" and going ahead to post her profile information.

That's so pathetic. . . Take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Miss & Mr Nairaland June 2013 Contest - Complaints And Suggestions by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Una don start for here kwa?
Five yrs ban fr both of u

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Is It Normal That I Prefer BJ To Actual Sex? / She Loves Me But She's So Ugly / How Do I Get Rid Of My Big Butt Am Shy Having It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.