Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,131 members, 7,829,029 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:47 PM

What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? (18163 Views)

Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com / Objectively List The Sins Of The President / The Sins Of The Jews Against Us Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:05pm On May 01, 2013
When it comes to GEJ's "sins" where does one even start from? This guy started sinning the very moment he became President! First official visits as President? To go visit Youweri Musevini and Paul Biya two of the worst Dictators the world has ever seen in modern times---- This was just 2 weeks after he got elected.

1 week after returning from those visits (and after just 3 weeks of being President) the cowboy hat wearing dunce decided to perpetuate himself in power for life (like his mentors above) by urging the National Assembly to alter the Constitution to include a "Single term Tenure" rule--- THE SAME CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT THOSE TWO DICTATORS HAVE USED TO KEEP THE PEOPLE OF CAMEROON AND UGANDA IN BONDAGE! Nigeria's poverty level, high jobless levels amongst the masses, epileptic power supply, lack of security etc were not GEJ's concern, what bothered him most was how to retain--for life-- that power he'd tasted for 3 weeks. That proposal to the National Assembly let me know that GEJ was selfish as hell and Nigerians were in for a bumpy ride.

Who recalls that he was stoned while in Uganda and he denied it to the press in Nigeria? I said to myself "Yup, Nigerians just got themselves a backwards monkey that still thinks [he can lie on whim] like in the past and is not in tune with the present". All these happened less than 40 days into his Presidency; he hasnt stopped giving us something to talk about at least once a week since then.

In saner countries GEJ'd have been kicked out over a year ago. See Greece? See Bulgaria? See Argentina?

Nigerians are funny characters, really.

11 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 01, 2013
Abagworo: Trying to hold on to power by force is his major problem. He seems so bent on holding on to power and is doing everything possible including what he is doing to Amaechi today without minding if people will die or it will cause chaos in the country. What he did to Sylva too is evidence of tyrany. A patriot goes for the wish of the masses and not his personal desires. Obasanjo could easily have put Nigeria into chaos and remained in power but as a patriot he decided to relinquish power for the peace of the nation. Jonathan as a man looks patriotic but I believe some people benefiting from his Government are making him this heartless. Some say its his wife but I doubt that.

GEJ lacks ideas and is incompetent. Simple

The truth of the matter is easy to win a second term in Nigeria if you can deliver on some (not even all) of your electoral promises. Look at the governors who have be able to win second term effortlessly: Mimiko, Oshiomole, Fasola etc
Nigerians are so forgiving that once you show promise in one area, they're ready to give you benefit of doubt in several untouched areas.

As it stands now, there is no tangible achievement to his administration, forget the litany of lies being bandied by insincere9gerian et al. There was insecurity before he took over but under his watch, it has ballooned to a big mess. Corruption is the watch word of this administration. There are too many scandals with almost all connected to the presidency. This is a president who appointed folks probing NNPC with Ribadu to NNPC boards while the probe was in progress. Malabu, pension scams, fuel subsidy etc.

The economy itself is undergoing what is known as jobless growth with debt mounting each and everyday. There's nothing in particular you can pin the debt on. You have a woman who said debt was bad a few years ago but now championing perhaps leading Nigeria to bankruptcy. Today, they claim 3.5millions jobs created, tomorrow they plan to raise mega watts to 10000. But the electricity has been nothing but yoyo depicting the rise and fall of water levels.

What does he want to achieve in engaging Amaechi in annoying pettiness? He's turning Amaechi to a super man? That was how Tinubu was made. With 2015 succession politics coming on board in numerous states, I wonder how many governors he's willing to deploy the might of presidency against?

GEJ is a non starter, an invalid.

18 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 01, 2013
kingoflag: When it comes to GEJ's "sins" where does one even start from? This guy started sinning the very moment he became President! First official visits as President? To go visit Youweri Musevini and Paul Biya two of the worst Dictators the world has ever seen in modern times---- This was just 2 weeks after he got elected.

1 week after returning from those visits (and after just 3 weeks of being President) the cowboy hat wearing dunce decided to perpetuate himself in power for life (like his mentors above) by urging the National Assembly to alter the Constitution to include a "Single term Tenure" rule--- THE SAME CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT THOSE TWO DICTATORS HAVE USED TO KEEP THE PEOPLE OF CAMEROON AND UGANDA IN BONDAGE! Nigeria's poverty level, high jobless levels amongst the masses, epileptic power supply, lack of security etc were not GEJ's concern, what bothered him most was how to retain--for life-- that power he'd tasted for 3 weeks. That proposal to the National Assembly let me know that GEJ was selfish as hell and Nigerians were in for a bumpy ride.

Who recalls that he was stoned while in Uganda and he denied it to the press in Nigeria? I said to myself "Yup, Nigerians just got themselves a backwards monkey that still thinks [he can lie on whim] like in the past and is not in tune with the present". All these happened less than 40 days into his Presidency; he hasnt stopped giving us something to talk about at least once a week since then.

In saner countries GEJ'd have been kicked out over a year ago. See Greece? See Bulgaria? See Argentina?

Nigerians are funny characters, really.

I totally agree with you. Nigerians deserve what they currently have. Imagine someone who voted for Jonathan told me despite the fact that Jonathan has failed woefully since he became President, he still plan to vote for him in 2015 because whoever comes in next will likely perform worse.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

I totally agree with you. Nigerians deserve what they currently have. Imagine someone who voted for Jonathan told me despite the fact that Jonathan has failed woefully since he became President, he still plan to vote for him in 2015 because whoever comes in next will likely perform worse.

Talking to certain people born and raised in Nigeria's (especially if they were raised in its interiors) gotta be the most excruciating experience ever. The way they "think" and "see" things is just unbelievable.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Demdem(m): 6:16pm On May 01, 2013
Prof Corruption:
grin grin
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 01, 2013
Prof Corruption:

What's Tinubu got to do with this thread now? grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you my brother. Mr Sincerely-sick Nigerian should know by now few people are interested in "discussing" with him. I will advice him to create more fake IDs and respond to yourself. Afterall that is what you are paid to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by mikeywise(m): 6:20pm On May 01, 2013
@ Op, are u not tired of all this rubbish post u make on daily basis? I know u must feed but not just like dis.

Pls get a life before its too late.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 01, 2013
kingoflag:

Talking to certain people born and raised in Nigeria's (especially if they were raised in its interiors) gotta be the most excruciating experience ever. The way they "think" and "see" things is just unbelievable.

It's like a torture when you try to give these people orientation about some things. Only God knows the way they think. I will start asking people who they voted for before I send my $ to any of them again. These people are clueless to the core.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

It's like a torture when you try to give these people orientation about some things. Only God knows the way they think. I will start asking people who they voted for before I send my $ to any of them again. These people are clueless to the core.

EXACTLY!!!!

When people complain, all I ask is : "WHO'D YOU VOTE FOR?"

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by freebloke: 6:24pm On May 01, 2013
insincere9ja na one man mopol wey fit do anytin for gej.mi no know y dis guy dey carry gej mata for head lai sey na him bi de real gej.no 9ja president wey pipo neva bad mouth even civilian barak obama of usa still get pipo wey dey bad mouth am...mtcheew,nonesensical nonesense.
Bros,if u no fit stand pipo bad mouthing gej,just find one thick forest enter go hunt grasshoppers.
If u lai kol me apc,cpc,tinubu,buhari,hater,opposition na ya own toro bi dat...mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by omenka(m): 6:32pm On May 01, 2013
Here are some of the unpardonable, treasonable sins the he's commited.

www.nairaland.com/1275130/must-read-come-bury-jonathan#15510668

Emperor Seun, I don't understand why a topic that relates to the core of the Nigerian society (link above) is busy idling away in the dingy politics section while a thread like 2shot showing off his wife is on the front page! This is absolutely appaling to say the least!

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 01, 2013
Am yet to see someone say something reasonable here. Empty heads and Empty minds all you do is accuse GEJ but you cant state his sin with facts.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

What a deflated clown! You are drowning in lack of knowledge. I voted PDP few times when I was in Nigeria. Some of my family members also did many times. I was one of Jonathan's supporters after the demise of Yar'Adua. My brain is not clouded like yours when it comes to having independent mind when considering candidates for election. I am never blinded by partisan, ethnic or religious sentiments like you. Your Principal (Retardeen, Odechukwu, Egbere, Otueke drunkmaster) has squandered the goodwill given to him after the death of his boss. Now we have no choice not only to destroy him before the 2015 election but also put him behind bar.
You'r just a silly fool calling his father all sorts of atrocious names. You voted PDP in past? Maybe that was when the price was right. The reality on ground NOW is that your current pay master is ACN and it is written all over your post. If you dont like the truth, you can go committ suicide. Fool!
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Jerryjat(m): 6:36pm On May 01, 2013
But na y u kon dey defend am like dis 4 dis life?...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by okechukwu2013: 6:39pm On May 01, 2013
By virtue of his position as the president of Nigeria, he is among the most powerful leaders in the world with unlimited authority and power; but this president don't have a single clue/idea. On how to use these powers and govern this nation positevly

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by successcertain: 6:39pm On May 01, 2013
Through the lies and the sell-outs.
The mistakes and the madness.
Through pain and hunger and frustration,
We carried it on.
Carried on the tradition.

AFRIKAN COLLECTIVE

Black man, you who inflict pain on yourself,
your mothers, your fathers, sisters, brothers,

and your children

Know that you are criminal because
you wish to identify with your crimogenic
Eurocentric father and do not know, and
therefore cannot love, your African self

Know that you are the child and
manservant of the Father of lies!

You are possessed by the Lust, Vanity,
and Greed of your White racist father

And like him, you greed to deny the poor
and powerless the meager benefits
of their lands and labors

You snatch from their mouths and those of
their children the bread they earned by
the barely recompensed sweat of their brows

Like your White racist father, you lust to
uncaringly exploit the bodies of the weak
and the unprotected

You vainly attempt to satiate your insatiable
vanity by degrading your own whom you disown

Like your White racist father, you raise yourself
high by standing on the accumulated bodies of
those you have brought low

Black-On-Black Violence: The Psychodynamics of
Black Self-Annihilation in Service of White Domination
By Dr. Amos Wilson

Imperialism on and on, over their evil works around the world for many centuries and they glorifies it. No remorse, no apology and no regret.Imperialist capitalist are so proud of the destruction they have coursed. They repeated them every days, weeks, months, and years

Since Africa was invaded, the only visible development of her people is poverty which is meant to eliminate them.Imperialist love the idea of slavery:this is why they love owning Media,to give them the opportunity to brainwash&exploi powerless Nations

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by lacasa: 6:42pm On May 01, 2013
GEJ, himself, is a sin

3 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:44pm On May 01, 2013
Abagworo: Trying to hold on to power by force is his major problem. He seems so bent on holding on to power and is doing everything possible including what he is doing to Amaechi today without minding if people will die or it will cause chaos in the country. What he did to Sylva too is evidence of tyrany. A patriot goes for the wish of the masses and not his personal desires. Obasanjo could easily have put Nigeria into chaos and remained in power but as a patriot he decided to relinquish power for the peace of the nation. Jonathan as a man looks patriotic but I believe some people benefiting from his Government are making him this heartless. Some say its his wife but I doubt that.
"Trying to hold on to power by force is his major problem"

My guy, without political power you cant do anything. The president is only trying to maintain enough political base to push his programmes and policies. Take the Sovereign Wealth Fund for instance, how can the president succeed in pushing it thru if while he's pushing on one direction, Amaechi of the same PDP is leading the governors to push in the other direction. Same with many other policies of the govt. How can the new fertilizer scheme succeed if governors oppose it at state level? There can only be one captain in a ship, otherwise there'll be chaos.
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by eggheaders(m): 6:44pm On May 01, 2013
gboss4sure: Am yet to see someone say something reasonable here. Empty heads and Empty minds all you do is accuse GEJ but you cant state his sin with facts.

if you didn't make anything of the reasons,people have been coming up with since.then you are not only an empty head and mind.you are also a reta.rded dumbfuck.

8 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You'r just a silly fool calling his father all sorts of atrocious names. You voted PDP in past? Maybe that was when the price was right. The reality on ground NOW is that your current pay master is ACN and it is written all over your post. If you dont like the truth, you can go committ suicide. Fool!

I can see you learned how to deceive from father and mother. You are very si.lly and confused like the retardeen you are defending. You can continue to spew your lies here everyday but I will come here and destroy your lies whenever I am less busy. Olori buruku, omo irankiran! Ko baje fun e! May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen!

Cantankerous element!

10 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by mosquitoNet(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2013
President Goodluck Big-belle Jonathan

Is a corrupt DEVIL!
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Paentera(m): 6:50pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

2 The president is not fighting corruption: GEJ has been accused of not fighting corruption. Instances such as pardon of Alams and failure of the president to declare his assets are the common instances. I admit GEJ has not be RADICAL in terms of fighting corruption. GEJ has not gone all out flogging and bundling governors, ministers and former presidents/head of states into prisons. But are those expectations REALISTIC? Can those such happen in a democracy? Even if it can happen in a democracy, does GEJ have the political base to do all of those? How many governors (even the over hyped ones) have fought corruption in that manner in their states? Is there any law prohibiting governors from fighting corruption?

GEJ may not have taken RADICAL measures to curb corruption but we cannot deny the TRANSPARENCY in govt business in the last few years. We must not forget the ongoing prosecution of fuel subsidy thieves (including the son of PDP chairman), pension thieves, bank chief executives, political exposed persons, legislators enmeshed in bribery scandal, etc.

We must not forget that the job of the president ends with investigation and prosecution. It is the job of the judiciary to convict or acquit suspects as the case maybe. The new Chief Justice of the federation is trying to cleanse the judiciary of corrupt judges. We hope she succeeds as that'll help fast track prosecution of corruption cases.

In addition, we must not forget that corruption has existed since independence. In fact, corruption was one of reasons for the first military coup.

Now how many governors are empowered by the constitution to fight corruption when they do not have direct control over the security apparatus of states they supposedly are Chief Security Officers for? With what do they fight the corruption? Their bare hands or with how the constitution empowers them? The police are controlled from the Federal Government and then there's also something called exclusive list which specifies what crimes the FG can pursue or those that states can pursue.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 01, 2013
mikeywise: @ Op, are u not tired of all this rubbish post u make on daily basis? I know u must feed but not just like dis.

Pls get a life before its too late.
You must be an incapacitated fool for coming back all the time to read "rubbish post". There must be something important in those "rubbish post" that make you keep coming back for MORE.
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You must be an incapacitated fool for coming back all the time to read "rubbish post". There must be something important in those "rubbish post" that make you keep coming back for MORE.

You are a disgusting liar with no regard for honesty. You come here everyday to defend indefensible. How do you sleep at nights after spewing lies on this forum everyday?

6 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Paentera(m): 6:58pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
In addition, we must not forget that corruption has existed since independence. In fact, corruption was one of reasons for the first military coup.

If you must defend your paymaster, can you at least do it with some sense of reason & logic?

It is people like you surround GEJ and advise him to say things like "BH are one of us and are our brothers" or "We should live with the BH scourge as there're conflicts in other parts of the world and not only Nigeria"

GEJ is clueless and is surrounded by clueless people like you!

6 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Sezua(m): 6:59pm On May 01, 2013
[quote author=Insincere 9gerian][/quote]
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Sezua(m): 7:00pm On May 01, 2013
Insincere 9gerian: cant u cee?
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:02pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
"Trying to hold on to power by force is his major problem"

My guy, without political power you cant do anything. The president is only trying to maintain enough political base to push his programmes and policies. Take the Sovereign Wealth Fund for instance, how can the president succeed in pushing it thru if while he's pushing on one direction, Amaechi of the same PDP is leading the governors to push in the other direction. Same with many other policies of the govt. How can the new fertilizer scheme succeed if governors oppose it at state level? There can only be one captain in a sheep, otherwise there'll be chaos.

This is funny now, isn't it?

No matter how good your policy is in a democratic setting, once there is no popular support, you drop it. But trying to bully his way through would amount to nothing. Before you implement any major policy, the first point is building consensus not announcing a policy and then expect everyone to fall in line. Was that not how he changed UNILAG to MAULAG without following the laws of the land but was later forced to soft pedal (if only for sometime)? He's not a good leader. If he cannot mobilize within his party, how on earth can it pontificate to be a good leader, a messiah we all desire?

Another instance, is the fuel subsidy removal. That that was an error is more than obvious to him now. Even Obasanjo, the professor emeritus in bullying tactics, adopted an approach of gradual removal as opposed to a complete silly and ill advised removal at once.

I have not even discussed the merits and demerits of SWF and Removal of Subsidy. I have just dwelt on administrative procedure employed in pushing through those policies. GEJ is not a leader.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by IYANGBALI: 7:05pm On May 01, 2013
1,Him no dey go church. 2,Him no dey pray. 3,Him no dey pay him tithe. 4,Him no dey do offering. 5,Him no dey shout Halleluyah

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by 1wolex85: 7:08pm On May 01, 2013
The OP always makes me laff. let me ask you this; shouldnt GEJ be a peer above the govs? why must you always suggest that because govs didnt do smthn right, it is ok if GEJ also doesn't do the right thing?
1. on the fuel subsidy issue, every honest educated nigerian knows that subsidy must go one day but removing it totally when your people least expected is the height of wickedness and insensitivity. he wants us to sacrifice yet they still eat with 1 bill in aso rock, they want to build 4 bill mission house, no indication of reduced foreign trips, over bloated aides, he still has money to employ okupe for a job maku and abati are already doing, there is still money to celebrate the 1st lady's resurrection from death, i could go on and on and yet he wants nigerians to sacrifice? bullshit. less than 500 bill was budgeted for subsidy and the amount rose to over 1 trillion!!!!! Only in Nigeria! subsidizing corruption.
2. Please dont even go there, GEJ is not fighting corruption at alllllllllllll. Yes OBJ fought it selectively but at least we saw big shots get convicted (the conviction was not commesurate anyway)

You where comparing Ghana to Nigeria? At a conference in Ghana a friend told me of, the minister drove himself to the venue no entourage nothing, ghanians are not as corrupt as nigerians, they have steady electricity and so do not have to spend so much on fuel, they have much better roads so they dont have to spend so much time on the road and they increased fuel price, they didnt put the cart before the horse.
if you like call me Tinubu ass licke, apc,ayatollah buhari, na you get your mouth. Its so obvious you dont love nigeria, its just a shame that things may remain like this and GEJ might still win in 2015< i just wish he can see that the easiest way to win in 2015 is to perform even if it is only electricity he fixes, i trust nigerians will not even listen to the opposition. but will he do it? right now, i highly doubt it.

7 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by 1wolex85: 7:11pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

Just shu.t it fo.0l! You are a disgusting liar with no regard for honesty. You come here everyday to defend indefensible. How do you sleep at nights after spewing lies on this forum everyday?
i really wonder if he has a conscience. Sometimes he makes sense but more often than not, he is so wide off the mark i begin to wonder
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by michael6mint: 7:11pm On May 01, 2013
http://snk.to/f-c7pf49j1 i love dis song

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2019 Presidential Election: Facebook Closes Pro-Buhari Accounts / Tribunal Dismisses Petition Against Tinubu After APP Withdraws / Don’t Create Tension Between Yoruba, Igbo In Lagos, Sanwo-olu Warns Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.