Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,026 members, 7,828,600 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? (18161 Views)

Fashola’s Trouble Deepens As Group Lists His Sins In Petition To Senate-Naij.com / Objectively List The Sins Of The President / The Sins Of The Jews Against Us Africans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Tropilo(m): 7:12pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The USUAL haters are here attacking IDs and foaming at the mouth. They cant contribute to the topic because their heads are EMPTY and their minds are obsessed with hate and the word- corruption

My brother, if you were GEJ's attorney, and i a judge. With your defence i'll find him very guilty and punish him accordingly.

Your defence of the President is very weak. Makes it look like his actions are purely acts of 'incompetence' which is not defendable.

Instead of defending his actions you're giving excuses and very lame ones for that matter.

You sound like Dr. Okupe. That's what happens when you appoint a doctor as an image maker.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by kabba7(m): 7:14pm On May 01, 2013
JONATHAN IS NOT CORRUPT
HE IS CORRUPTION HIMSELF
HE IS NOT A FOOL HE IS DUMB

need i say more that is the fair assessment

7 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
A sex starved hemaphrodite looking for attention. I dont have you time. Return to romance section

You are a living proof that man can live without a brain!

8 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 01, 2013
Tropilo:

My brother, if you were GEJ's attorney, and i a judge. With your defence i'll find him very guilty and punish him accordingly.

Your defence of the President is very weak. Makes it look like his actions are purely acts of 'incompetence' which is not defendable.

Instead of defending his actions you're giving excuses and very lame ones for that matter.

You sound like Dr. Okupe. That's what happens when you appoint a doctor as an image maker.

Is this guy a doctor? Would you let this guy treat you or prescribe you medicine? This guy is very dishonest and unethical. How does he sleep at nights?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 01, 2013
From the comments so far, it's very clear to most of us now that the only sin the President has committed is 'hatred' from some section of the country. Hating the President will only give you haters heart attack. I plead with you haters to repent and ask God for forgiveness. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 01, 2013
Prof Corruption:

GEJ is the corruption that all Nigerians including insincere9gerian should fight. It's much more than GEJ being corrupt, he is the corruption.

A tree does not make a forest. If GEJ's appointees turn out to be corrupt people, while serving in govt, then those appointees should be blamed, not GEJ
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by dad007(m): 7:20pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

It's like a torture when you try to give these people orientation about some things. Only God knows the way they think. I will start asking people who they voted for before I send my $ to any of them again. These people are clueless to the core.
Me too,I think one of our responsibities for those of us living outside is to constantly let our folks back home on about doing the right thing....because the way some of them think,is quit awkward!
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 01, 2013
God's Mercy:
From the comments so far, it's very clear to most of us now that the only sin the President has committed is 'hatred' from some section of the country. Hating the President will only give you haters heart attack. I plead with you haters to repent and ask God for forgiveness. God bless us all.

May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen!

10 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by chessguru1(m): 7:21pm On May 01, 2013
Well I try to refrain from commenting on political things, but this one caught my interest.
Did I support goodluck @ the last election?
The answer is yes
Am I surprised about his performance?
The answer is NO!
At all. I told my sis back then during the election period not to expect much from him. That he may not necessarily be a good president, but may not be a bad one either. I anticipated that GEJ would be very static
Why I did I then support a man like him?
Well the answer is that of all the criminals that came fort, (in as much as I disliked pdp), he looked the most human, and less likely to turn despotic.
Honestly, if confronted with d same choice of "criminalistic" candidates like buhari, etc and etc, I would b once again forced to choice among the least criminally minded among them (because they are ALL criminals).
This is going to be the situation on ground, until our political climate becomes such that real patriots and leaders among the masses with ideas and values are allowed to contest, without being assassinated.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Most of the people who insult, abuse and call the President derogatory names are always quick to point to alleged "sins" of President Jonathan. What are these "sins"? Are these "sins" commensurate with the degree of abuses and insults?

First lets explore some of the common alleged "sins" of the president.

1 Fuel price hike: I understand the emotions and sentiments associated with fuel price hike but the REALITY is that fuel is a COMMODITY and like any other commodity, the price of fuel must change from time to time. Unfortunately because of increasing crude oil price, that change is upwards most times. In addition, since Independence almost every govt had to adjust the price of petrol upwards.
https://www.nairaland.com/1275528/history-fuel-price-increase-nigeria

The only two govts that didn't hike the price of petrol were that Buhari and Yar Adua, and the reasons were OBVIOUS. Buhari truncated a democratically elected govt and it was only sensible not to tamper with price of petrol to avoid the additional headache of civil unrest. In the case of Yar Adua, the election that brought him to power was the most fraudulent in the history of Nigeria. Therefore, the govt had to use slight reduction in price of fuel to buy some credibility. This fact was well captured in the recently released book of Olusegun Adeniyi, the then spokesperson of the Yar Adua govt. He wrote:

"it was the reduction of d pump price of fuel from #65 to #60 dat triggered the increase in subsidy payments. Yar'adua used dat reduction to gain some level of legitimacy,following wide condemnations that trailed hs election.
The FIFA under 17 world cup in Nigeria in 2009 prevented Yar Adua from total removal of subsidy cos he didnt want Nigerians to protest while we had foreigners in our midst. He travelled to Saudi 2days before d policy could be effected & never came back. (Olusegun Adeniyi - Politics,Power And Death)

Also the recently elected govt of Ghana increased fuel price just few days after elections. Ghaninians have not started calling their president names because of that

In the light of the above, the question then is why should GEJ be crucified for doing what was inevitable? Why the insults and name calling for fuel price hike?

2 The president is not fighting corruption: GEJ has been accused of not fighting corruption. Instances such as pardon of Alams and failure of the president to declare his assets are the common instances. I admit GEJ has not be RADICAL in terms of fighting corruption. GEJ has not gone all out flogging and bundling governors, ministers and former presidents/head of states into prisons. But are those expectations REALISTIC? Can those such happen in a democracy? Even if it can happen in a democracy, does GEJ have the political base to do all of those? How many governors (even the over hyped ones) have fought corruption in that manner in their states? Is there any law prohibiting governors from fighting corruption?

GEJ may not have taken RADICAL measures to curb corruption but we cannot deny the TRANSPARENCY in govt business in the last few years. We must not forget the ongoing prosecution of fuel subsidy thieves (including the son of PDP chairman), pension thieves, bank chief executives, political exposed persons, legislators enmeshed in bribery scandal, etc.

We must not forget that the job of the president ends with investigation and prosecution. It is the job of the judiciary to convict or acquit suspects as the case maybe. The new Chief Justice of the federation is trying to cleanse the judiciary of corrupt judges. We hope she succeeds as that'll help fast track prosecution of corruption cases.

In addition, we must not forget that corruption has existed since independence. In fact, corruption was one of reasons for the first military coup.

On the issue of declaration of asset, the position of the LAW is that the president and other public office holders should declare their assets to the code of conduct bureau, NOT to the public. While it may not be wrong if the president goes EXTRA mile to declare his assets public, I consider it as PLAYING TO THE GALLERY. Public declaration of the assets of the president CANNOT and can NEVER curb corruption. For instance, Yar Adua declared his assets publicly but it did not stop the govt from sacking Ribadu and shielding Ibori from prosecution. It was under the same Yar Adua govt that Hilary Clinton said "the EFCC has fallen"

Personally, I hate playing to the gallery. If we want to curb corruption through public declaration of assets, we have to amend the laws for ALL public officials to declare their assets publicly. Of what use is will it be if GEJ declares his assets publicly, while the senate president, speaker, governors do not? The RIGHT thing to do is for ALL to declare their assets publicly. That is what all Nigerians should ask the NASS to do. It is their responsibility to amend the law. Why is no one interested in that?
President Jonathan has said that corruption in Nigeria is exaggerated. In the eternal words of William Shakespeare, if it were so, it was a grievous fault on the part of those Americans who pointed it out. And grievously have those Americans answered it.

For the purpose of simplifying this argument, let us forget everything that happened when Goodluck Jonathan was Deputy Governor under Governor Diepreiye Alamiesegha or when he was the governor of Bayelsa State following the impeachment of Alamiesegha for corruption - including the arrest of Mrs. Patience Jonathan for money laundering (redacted and deleted from the memory of Nuhu Ribadu and the EFCC). Let us forget all that happened when he was Vice President under President Musa Yar’Adua or Acting President following his death. Let us start from the time he won elections as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on April 16, 2011.

Two weeks later, on April 29, 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan secretly approved the transfer of $1.1 billion to the London account of Malabu Oil and Gas owned by former Minister of Petroleum and a convicted money launderer, Dan Etete and Sani Abacha’s son, Mohammed. The money came from funds paid to the Federal Government by two multinational companies; Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited and Shell Nigeria as part of the settlement of the Malabu oil block case between the Federal Government, Malabu and the two multinational oil companies. As soon as the money got into the account of Malabu Oil in London it was wired to secret accounts of cronies and some political associates of President Jonathan. One of the beneficiaries was Abubakar Aliyu. He received over $500 million of that money through several companies he owned. Nobody could fathom what his companies did to warrant such payments. All that we know is that the man is a close associate of Diepreiye Alamiesegha and that he was the same man who (with President Yar’Adua’s help) bought 80,000 square feet of NITEL’s land in Abuja for N1 billion and turned around (with President Jonathan’s help) to sell the same piece of land for N20 billion to the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Other than travel round the world, the next big thing President Jonathan did was increasing the price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, from N65.00 to N141.00 on January 1st 2012. This action prompted spontaneous protests across Nigeria and abroad. Even though President Jonathan and his team threw around conflicting figures- which showed they had no understanding of what was really going on in the oil industry- they kept arguing that the pain would be temporary and that after the pain the benefits would overwhelm Nigerians. They promised urban buses, monthly publication of the amount of money saved, maintenance of the Port Harcourt refinery, construction of eight major roads, two bridges etc. The subsidy they said had gulped down N1.43 trillion by the end of 2011. With subsidies removed the government said it would realize N1.134 trillion. The protests forced the government to adjust the PMS price to N97. That would have brought half of the projected N1.34 trillion; that is N600 billion into the coffers of the government. However, a year later, none of the promises had been fulfilled. Nobody can say, with any authority, where the N600 billion made in 2012 in subsidy removal was.

In the course of the tussle over the subsidy removal, the Ministry of Finance was forced to set up an inquiry into the government’s subsidy payments to oil marketers and importers. The committee led by Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, looked at the subsidy claims of 2011 and discovered that the Federal Government had overpaid importers and marketers of petrol by a whopping N430 billion naira. Yet, before December 2012, the Federal Government had exhausted N888 billion of the 2012 budget meant for payment of subsidies. An additional N161 billion in supplementary funding had to be approved for subsidy payments else marketers and importers were going to carry out their threat to cease importation of petrol into Nigeria, thereby grounding the country.

(Please pause and think of this: In 2012, N600 billion was realized from partial subsidy removal. N430 billion in over payment to marketers and importers was discovered from the 2011 receipts. Also N888 billion was budgeted for subsidy payments in 2012. Yet, by December 2012 an additional N161 billion in supplementary funding was added. So despite the identified overpayment of N430 billion, Nigeria spent N1.14 trillion in subsidy in 2012. And if you add the unaccounted N600 billion saved, that gives us an amount of N1.6 trillion wasted.)

As part of the gains of the protests, a presidential panel was set up to look into what was really happening at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). The Ribadu-led panel came out with a report that suggested that Nigeria had lost about N4.64 trillion in the last 10 years from deals Nigerian government officials signed with foreign oil multinationals. (A good example is the recent deal involving Petroleum Minister Mrs. Diezeani Alison Madueke and Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Limited over foou large oil blocks (OMLs 26, 30, 34 and 42). The Madueke deal is said to shortchange Nigeria to the tune of billions and billions in loss associate with billions of cubic feet of gas. Five aggrieved oil-producing communities in Delta State are engaged in a fight with the minister and her friends at the multinational companies). The Ribadu report also revealed that the NNPC had failed to report N86.6 billion to the government in 10 years by simple manipulation of exchange rates by officials of the corporation. The report further showed that about 150,000 barrels of crude oil are stolen each day in Nigeria. So Nigeria loses about $13.5 million per day (at $100 per barrel). In a year, that stands at $5 billion (N750 billion)

In January this year, a presidential committee on public service reform discovered that top government officials in Nigeria take home N1.126 trillion a year in salaries and allowances – out of a national budget of N4.9 trillion. These public officers constitute just 0.013 per cent of Nigeria’s population. It is common knowledge that Nigeria’s 108 senators each make over $1.7m dollars a year when US President Barak Obama only makes $400,000 a year. That alone is $183.4 million (N28 billion). Then the 360 members of the House of Representatives each takes home over $1.2 billion dollars, which amounts to $432 million dollars (N65bn). Again, each state governor collects an average of N200 million naira a month just as security vote. In a year, they each get N2.4 billion naira. So our 36 governors take home N87 billion naira on security votes alone every year. Add our 38 ministers and ministers of state, 100 plus heads of federal and state agencies, over 432 state commissioners, 774 local government area chairmen or caretakers, almost 10,000 councilors and you will understand where the N1.126 trillion goes.

While all these were going on, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole was arrested and charged for embezzling a N10 billion naira loan borrowed on behalf of the House. He has since been released- awaiting trial, like many governors of the past 13 years. Also an assistant director in the Federal Civil Service, John Yusuf together with his friends stole N27.2 billion from the Police Pension Fund. He was tried and sentenced to 2 years in jail with an option of a N750, 000. At the same time, a Pension Reform Task Force set up by the government to recover looted funds found billions in some banks. Its chairman Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina transferred the recovered funds to his private account. When asked to appear before the senate, he absconded to Malaysia.

Around the same time, the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili accused Presidents Yar’Adua and Jonathan of squandering in 4 years the $67 billion in External Reserves left by Obasanjo’s government in 2007. She offered to have an open debate with Jonathan’s government but the government called her names and shut her down. Jonathan’s team told Nigerians excited by the prospects of a debate to keep quiet; after all, Nigeria’s external reserve is back up to $48 billion and our national Sovereign Wealth Fund is now $1 billion. (Big deal, until you look at what Algeria ($190 billion) and Libya ($130 billion) and India ($290 billion) and Singapore ($260 billion) have in their foreign external reserves.)

This is the world of revolving billions and trillions that President Jonathan and his 0.013% of Nigerian public officials are living in. In such a world you will understand why President Jonathan had no sense of outrage as he pushed through a proposal for a First Lady Mission that would cost N4 billion to build. You will also understand why a food allowance of almost N1 billion did not sound outrageous to the presidency. In this world of revolving billions and trillions, where everyone in their circle is getting theirs, you will understand why nobody who is getting paid will seriously raise a hand to point at others in the same club.

Many of us do not know but Nigeria makes an average of $20 billion dollars (N3 trillion) in oil and gas revenue a year. Nigeria also makes N5 trillion from Federal taxes. From Customs duty, Nigeria makes another one trillion. That is a total of N9 trillion. If you add a typical year of $10 billion in Excess Crude Account, you are looking at an annual income of over N10 trillion.

In a typical year, Nigeria budgets N4.9 trillion. N10 trillion in revenue minus N4.9 trillion budgeted you have about N5 trillion out there for politicians to play with. If we were to share the N10 trillion naira revenue amongst 170 million Nigerians, every citizen should get N59, 000.00 naira each. A typical family of six will get N354, 000.00 a year.

And if Jonathan closes the loophole through which N750 billion is lost in stolen crude oil, even if it is by 50%, an additional N370 billion will come in. Last December, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala announced proudly that Jonathan’s government has recovered N29 billion naira from oil marketers out of N234 billion certified as stolen. Again if Jonathan ends the waste from oil subsidy, at over N600 billion a year, Nigeria will get an additional revenue of one trillion naira a year for a grand total of N11 trillion each year.

Meanwhile, Nigeria’s external debt has been on the increase since Ngozi Okonjo Iweala came back. It is projected to hit $20 billion in external debt and N6 trillion in domestic debt next year. That means, in less than 10 years after Ngozi Okonjo Iweala paid $12.4 billion of Nigeria’s money to the Paris and London Clubs to fulfill her now abandoned goal of having Nigeria as a debt free nation, Nigeria’s debt is back in full.

President Jonathan is lucky that Nigerians are too busy with more important things – fighting over Chelsea and Manchester United and Arsenal and the decision the coaches of each team make each Saturday and how the European league referees perform on the pitch. So far, Nigerians have abandoned their own team, their own coaches, their own referees, their own pitch and the matches that affect their lives the most.

The day Jonathan’s luck will run out is the day Nigerians will grab a calculator and add up these billions and trillions. Until then, it is mere exaggeration when I say; I come to bury Jonathan not to praise him.--Rudolph Okonkwo

18 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 01, 2013
CFCfan:

A tree does not make a forest. If GEJ's appointees turn out to be corrupt people, while serving in govt, then those appointees should be blamed, not GEJ

That's exactly how pro-GEJ goons reason. OBJ just told clueless GEJ to probe him instead of harassing his aides. That's taking responsibility for his actions. We are still waiting for GEJ to take up the challenge.

When you appoint, you take responsibility. GEJ appointed thieves, never-do-wells, into his government. He should take responsibility for such action. That's why we call it Goodluck Ebele Administration and not Okonjo Iweala Administration.
Instead of sacking all the corrupt elements in his cabinet, he chose to pardon criminals. May be Alams should take responsibility for being pardoned too.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by dad007(m): 7:27pm On May 01, 2013
[quote author=payless]

I can see you learned how to deceive from father and mother. You are very si.lly and confused like the retardeen you are defending. You can continue to spew your lies here everyday but I will come here and destroy your lies whenever I am less busy. Olori buruku, omo irankiran! Ko baje fun e! May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen! May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen! Khaaaaaiiii! Dis na big curseoooo.I beg tel am make he return am ooooooo
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by rodeoxav: 7:28pm On May 01, 2013
His first sin,hahahaha,patience destroyed English.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by funnyx(m): 7:29pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen!

I like your prayer wella grin
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Ngwakwe: 7:30pm On May 01, 2013
This your epistle is just scrap

Kamanda:
President Jonathan has said that corruption in Nigeria is exaggerated. In the eternal words of William Shakespeare, if it were so, it was a grievous fault on the part of those Americans who pointed it out. And grievously have those Americans answered it.

For the purpose of simplifying this argument, let us forget everything that happened when Goodluck Jonathan was Deputy Governor under Governor Diepreiye Alamiesegha or when he was the governor of Bayelsa State following the impeachment of Alamiesegha for corruption - including the arrest of Mrs. Patience Jonathan for money laundering (redacted and deleted from the memory of Nuhu Ribadu and the EFCC). Let us forget all that happened when he was Vice President under President Musa Yar’Adua or Acting President following his death. Let us start from the time he won elections as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on April 16, 2011.

Two weeks later, on April 29, 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan secretly approved the transfer of $1.1 billion to the London account of Malabu Oil and Gas owned by former Minister of Petroleum and a convicted money launderer, Dan Etete and Sani Abacha’s son, Mohammed. The money came from funds paid to the Federal Government by two multinational companies; Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited and Shell Nigeria as part of the settlement of the Malabu oil block case between the Federal Government, Malabu and the two multinational oil companies. As soon as the money got into the account of Malabu Oil in London it was wired to secret accounts of cronies and some political associates of President Jonathan. One of the beneficiaries was Abubakar Aliyu. He received over $500 million of that money through several companies he owned. Nobody could fathom what his companies did to warrant such payments. All that we know is that the man is a close associate of Diepreiye Alamiesegha and that he was the same man who (with President Yar’Adua’s help) bought 80,000 square feet of NITEL’s land in Abuja for N1 billion and turned around (with President Jonathan’s help) to sell the same piece of land for N20 billion to the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Other than travel round the world, the next big thing President Jonathan did was increasing the price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise called petrol, from N65.00 to N141.00 on January 1st 2012. This action prompted spontaneous protests across Nigeria and abroad. Even though President Jonathan and his team threw around conflicting figures- which showed they had no understanding of what was really going on in the oil industry- they kept arguing that the pain would be temporary and that after the pain the benefits would overwhelm Nigerians. They promised urban buses, monthly publication of the amount of money saved, maintenance of the Port Harcourt refinery, construction of eight major roads, two bridges etc. The subsidy they said had gulped down N1.43 trillion by the end of 2011. With subsidies removed the government said it would realize N1.134 trillion. The protests forced the government to adjust the PMS price to N97. That would have brought half of the projected N1.34 trillion; that is N600 billion into the coffers of the government. However, a year later, none of the promises had been fulfilled. Nobody can say, with any authority, where the N600 billion made in 2012 in subsidy removal was.

In the course of the tussle over the subsidy removal, the Ministry of Finance was forced to set up an inquiry into the government’s subsidy payments to oil marketers and importers. The committee led by Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, looked at the subsidy claims of 2011 and discovered that the Federal Government had overpaid importers and marketers of petrol by a whopping N430 billion naira. Yet, before December 2012, the Federal Government had exhausted N888 billion of the 2012 budget meant for payment of subsidies. An additional N161 billion in supplementary funding had to be approved for subsidy payments else marketers and importers were going to carry out their threat to cease importation of petrol into Nigeria, thereby grounding the country.

(Please pause and think of this: In 2012, N600 billion was realized from partial subsidy removal. N430 billion in over payment to marketers and importers was discovered from the 2011 receipts. Also N888 billion was budgeted for subsidy payments in 2012. Yet, by December 2012 an additional N161 billion in supplementary funding was added. So despite the identified overpayment of N430 billion, Nigeria spent N1.14 trillion in subsidy in 2012. And if you add the unaccounted N600 billion saved, that gives us an amount of N1.6 trillion wasted.)

As part of the gains of the protests, a presidential panel was set up to look into what was really happening at the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC). The Ribadu-led panel came out with a report that suggested that Nigeria had lost about N4.64 trillion in the last 10 years from deals Nigerian government officials signed with foreign oil multinationals. (A good example is the recent deal involving Petroleum Minister Mrs. Diezeani Alison Madueke and Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Limited over foou large oil blocks (OMLs 26, 30, 34 and 42). The Madueke deal is said to shortchange Nigeria to the tune of billions and billions in loss associate with billions of cubic feet of gas. Five aggrieved oil-producing communities in Delta State are engaged in a fight with the minister and her friends at the multinational companies). The Ribadu report also revealed that the NNPC had failed to report N86.6 billion to the government in 10 years by simple manipulation of exchange rates by officials of the corporation. The report further showed that about 150,000 barrels of crude oil are stolen each day in Nigeria. So Nigeria loses about $13.5 million per day (at $100 per barrel). In a year, that stands at $5 billion (N750 billion)

In January this year, a presidential committee on public service reform discovered that top government officials in Nigeria take home N1.126 trillion a year in salaries and allowances – out of a national budget of N4.9 trillion. These public officers constitute just 0.013 per cent of Nigeria’s population. It is common knowledge that Nigeria’s 108 senators each make over $1.7m dollars a year when US President Barak Obama only makes $400,000 a year. That alone is $183.4 million (N28 billion). Then the 360 members of the House of Representatives each takes home over $1.2 billion dollars, which amounts to $432 million dollars (N65bn). Again, each state governor collects an average of N200 million naira a month just as security vote. In a year, they each get N2.4 billion naira. So our 36 governors take home N87 billion naira on security votes alone every year. Add our 38 ministers and ministers of state, 100 plus heads of federal and state agencies, over 432 state commissioners, 774 local government area chairmen or caretakers, almost 10,000 councilors and you will understand where the N1.126 trillion goes.

While all these were going on, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole was arrested and charged for embezzling a N10 billion naira loan borrowed on behalf of the House. He has since been released- awaiting trial, like many governors of the past 13 years. Also an assistant director in the Federal Civil Service, John Yusuf together with his friends stole N27.2 billion from the Police Pension Fund. He was tried and sentenced to 2 years in jail with an option of a N750, 000. At the same time, a Pension Reform Task Force set up by the government to recover looted funds found billions in some banks. Its chairman Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina transferred the recovered funds to his private account. When asked to appear before the senate, he absconded to Malaysia.

Around the same time, the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili accused Presidents Yar’Adua and Jonathan of squandering in 4 years the $67 billion in External Reserves left by Obasanjo’s government in 2007. She offered to have an open debate with Jonathan’s government but the government called her names and shut her down. Jonathan’s team told Nigerians excited by the prospects of a debate to keep quiet; after all, Nigeria’s external reserve is back up to $48 billion and our national Sovereign Wealth Fund is now $1 billion. (Big deal, until you look at what Algeria ($190 billion) and Libya ($130 billion) and India ($290 billion) and Singapore ($260 billion) have in their foreign external reserves.)

This is the world of revolving billions and trillions that President Jonathan and his 0.013% of Nigerian public officials are living in. In such a world you will understand why President Jonathan had no sense of outrage as he pushed through a proposal for a First Lady Mission that would cost N4 billion to build. You will also understand why a food allowance of almost N1 billion did not sound outrageous to the presidency. In this world of revolving billions and trillions, where everyone in their circle is getting theirs, you will understand why nobody who is getting paid will seriously raise a hand to point at others in the same club.

Many of us do not know but Nigeria makes an average of $20 billion dollars (N3 trillion) in oil and gas revenue a year. Nigeria also makes N5 trillion from Federal taxes. From Customs duty, Nigeria makes another one trillion. That is a total of N9 trillion. If you add a typical year of $10 billion in Excess Crude Account, you are looking at an annual income of over N10 trillion.

In a typical year, Nigeria budgets N4.9 trillion. N10 trillion in revenue minus N4.9 trillion budgeted you have about N5 trillion out there for politicians to play with. If we were to share the N10 trillion naira revenue amongst 170 million Nigerians, every citizen should get N59, 000.00 naira each. A typical family of six will get N354, 000.00 a year.

And if Jonathan closes the loophole through which N750 billion is lost in stolen crude oil, even if it is by 50%, an additional N370 billion will come in. Last December, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala announced proudly that Jonathan’s government has recovered N29 billion naira from oil marketers out of N234 billion certified as stolen. Again if Jonathan ends the waste from oil subsidy, at over N600 billion a year, Nigeria will get an additional revenue of one trillion naira a year for a grand total of N11 trillion each year.

Meanwhile, Nigeria’s external debt has been on the increase since Ngozi Okonjo Iweala came back. It is projected to hit $20 billion in external debt and N6 trillion in domestic debt next year. That means, in less than 10 years after Ngozi Okonjo Iweala paid $12.4 billion of Nigeria’s money to the Paris and London Clubs to fulfill her now abandoned goal of having Nigeria as a debt free nation, Nigeria’s debt is back in full.

President Jonathan is lucky that Nigerians are too busy with more important things – fighting over Chelsea and Manchester United and Arsenal and the decision the coaches of each team make each Saturday and how the European league referees perform on the pitch. So far, Nigerians have abandoned their own team, their own coaches, their own referees, their own pitch and the matches that affect their lives the most.

The day Jonathan’s luck will run out is the day Nigerians will grab a calculator and add up these billions and trillions. Until then, it is mere exaggeration when I say; I come to bury Jonathan not to praise him.--Rudolph Okonkwo
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by dad007(m): 7:30pm On May 01, 2013
payless:

I can see you learned how to deceive from father and mother. You are very si.lly and confused like the retardeen you are defending. You can continue to spew your lies here everyday but I will come here and destroy your lies whenever I am less busy. Olori buruku, omo irankiran! Ko baje fun e! May God work on your life the same way Jonathan is working on Nigeria's affairs. Amen!

Cantankerous element!
Khaaaaaiiii! Dis na big curseoooo.I beg tel am make he return am.
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by funnyx(m): 7:31pm On May 01, 2013
chess guru: Well I try to refrain from commenting on political things, but this one caught my interest.
Did I support goodluck @ the last election?
The answer is yes
Am I surprised about his performance?
The answer is NO!
At all. I told my sis back then during the election period not to expect much from him. That he may not necessarily be a good president, but may not be a bad one either. I anticipated that GEJ would be very static
Why I did I then support a man like him?
Well the answer is that of all the criminals that came fort, (in as much as I disliked pdp), he looked the most human, and less likely to turn despotic.
Honestly, if confronted with d same choice of "criminalistic" candidates like buhari, etc and etc, I would b once again forced to choice among the least criminally minded among them (because they are ALL criminals).
This is going to be the situation on ground, until our political climate becomes such that real patriots and leaders among the masses with ideas and values are allowed to contest, without being assassinated.

How is Buhari among your list of 'criminalistic' candidates?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by 1009ja: 7:33pm On May 01, 2013
The sins of President Jonathan is squarely that he has enhanced corruption.
If he cannot prosecute corrupt people, he at least have the singular
power to completely distance himself from them. Look at all his
political associates, some ministers, boards of agencies.
He seems to be unable to find enough corrupt people to reward with more government
positions so they can loot more money from the public with utmost impunity.
Under him, looting is now lawful. Nobody is afraid of being caught.
Most president's men are known looters so everybody is safe, completely safe.
The security agencies know that they cannot go after those the president has
sheltered with appointments and associationship.
Nigerians had high hopes that this humble man has become our president.
We all hoped for his kind of fresh air. How disappointed are we all now.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Blueboy0402: 7:44pm On May 01, 2013
GEJ is flesh and blood. He is therefore subjected to the imperfect nature of man. I'm not saying he is a saint. All I have to say is "anyone of you (haters) without SIN should come out and cast the first stone".
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by abusol: 7:45pm On May 01, 2013
The greatest sin of clueless GEJ:
1. Nigerians pay high PHCN Bills for service they didn't enjoy
2. He encourages corruption in the Land
3. Genocide in Baga village
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:46pm On May 01, 2013
Why are we worried that GEJ is dissed ? Behavioral intellectuals and Historicists know for a fact that darkness is always at war with Light. GEJ is a Liahona, the Towering Light that permeates the Nigerian Politicosphere. He is confronting the greatest of principalities hence the cataclysmic renditions from the evil cabals that pervaded this Nation, and put us in the dark since 1960.

But I am impressed that he is unperturbed. GEJ has so far performed beyond what I voted him for. He has decimated all GodFathers who thought they could run Nigeria and control Aso Rock from the bedrooms. The fruits of his hard-work for me, is the total personification of Presidency.

The only "sins" they find in GEJ, are his extra-ordinary luck; His Supersonic Humility; His Supra-natural Godliness and His Cataclysmic Success against the foes. I am discombobulated!

[size=15pt]FRESH AIR! [/size]
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: As for the case of the pardon of Alams, though morally wrong, but it was a bitter pill the govt of GEJ has to swallow at this point in time. Presidents all over the world do grant pardon and most are controversial.

In conclusion, GEJ is certainly not perfect but the degree of HATE some people display towards the president is definitely disproportional to whatever "sins" the president may have committed. The curses, insults and derogatory names are misplaced and BASELESS.
Yes, the President is constitutionally empowered to pardon, on what ground did he pardon Alamiesiagha? How do you feel for the money and time spent by the EFCC to try Alamiesiagha?

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by premlove(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: The USUAL haters are here attacking IDs and foaming at the mouth. They cant contribute to the topic because their heads are EMPTY and their minds are obsessed with hate and the word- corruption
i feel like give u a dirty slap bt d reality on ground is dat i might vote for jonathan if he build another bridge across river niger and tel him to stop putting me in darkness may be i will consider given u a knock

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Scream(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2013
by Mr knowitall.(m): 6:29pm On Apr 30

President Jonathan has said that corruption in Nigeria is exaggerated. In the eternal words of William Shakespeare, if it were so, it was a
grievous fault on the part of those Americans who pointed it out. And grievously have those Americans answered it. For the purpose of simplifying this argument, let us forget everything that happened when Goodluck Jonathan was Deputy Governor under
Governor Diepreiye Alamiesegha or when he was the governor of Bayelsa State following the impeachment of Alamiesegha for corruption -
including the arrest of Mrs. Patience Jonathan for money laundering (redacted and deleted from the memory of Nuhu Ribadu and the EFCC). Let
us forget all that happened when he was Vice President under President Musa Yar’Adua or Acting President following his death. Let us start from
the time he won elections as President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria on April 16, 2011. Two weeks later, on April 29, 2011, President Goodluck Jonathan secretly approved the transfer of $1.1 billion to the London account of Malabu
Oil and Gas owned by former Minister of Petroleum and a convicted money launderer, Dan Etete and Sani Abacha’s son, Mohammed. The money
came from funds paid to the Federal Government by two multinational companies; Nigeria Agip Exploration Limited and Shell Nigeria as part of
the settlement of the Malabu oil block case between the Federal Government, Malabu and the two multinational oil companies. As soon as the
money got into the account of Malabu Oil in London it was wired to secret accounts of cronies and some political associates of President
Jonathan. One of the beneficiaries was Abubakar Aliyu. He received over $500 million of that money through several companies he owned. Nobody could fathom what his companies did to warrant such payments. All that we know is that the man is a close associate of Diepreiye
Alamiesegha and that he was the same man who (with President Yar’Adua’s help) bought 80,000 square feet of NITEL’s land in Abuja for N1
billion and turned around (with President Jonathan’s help) to sell the same piece of land for N20 billion to the Central Bank of Nigeria. Other than travel round the world, the next big thing President Jonathan did was increasing the price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise
called petrol, from N65.00 to N141.00 on January 1st 2012. This action prompted spontaneous protests across Nigeria and abroad. Even though
President Jonathan and his team threw around conflicting figures- which showed they had no understanding of what was really going on in the
oil industry- they kept arguing that the pain would be temporary and that after the pain the benefits would overwhelm Nigerians. They promised
urban buses, monthly publication of the amount of money saved, maintenance of the Port Harcourt refinery, construction of eight major roads,
two bridges etc. The subsidy they said had gulped down N1.43 trillion by the end of 2011. With subsidies removed the government said it would realize N1.134 trillion. The protests forced the government to adjust the PMS price to N97. That would have brought half of the projected N1.34
trillion; that is N600 billion into the coffers of the government. However, a year later, none of the promises had been fulfilled. Nobody can say,
with any authority, where the N600 billion made in 2012 in subsidy removal was. In the course of the tussle over the subsidy removal, the Ministry of Finance was forced to set up an inquiry into the government’s subsidy
payments to oil marketers and importers. The committee led by Mr. Aigboje Aig-Imoukhuede, looked at the subsidy claims of 2011 and
discovered that the Federal Government had overpaid importers and marketers of petrol by a whopping N430 billion naira. Yet, before December
2012, the Federal Government had exhausted N888 billion of the 2012 budget meant for payment of subsidies. An additional N161 billion in
supplementary funding had to be approved for subsidy payments else marketers and importers were going to carry out their threat to cease
importation of petrol into Nigeria, thereby grounding the country. (Please pause and think of this: In 2012, N600 billion was realized from partial subsidy removal. N430 billion in over payment to marketers and
importers was discovered from the 2011 receipts. Also N888 billion was budgeted for subsidy payments in 2012. Yet, by December 2012 an
additional N161 billion in supplementary funding was added. So despite the identified overpayment of N430 billion, Nigeria spent N1.14 trillion
in subsidy in 2012. And if you add the unaccounted N600 billion saved, that gives us an amount of N1.6 trillion wasted.) As part of the gains of the protests, a presidential panel was set up to look into what was really happening at the Nigerian National Petroleum
Corporation (NNPC). The Ribadu-led panel came out with a report that suggested that Nigeria had lost about N4.64 trillion in the last 10 years
from deals Nigerian government officials signed with foreign oil multinationals. (A good example is the recent deal involving Petroleum Minister
Mrs. Diezeani Alison Madueke and Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Limited over foou large oil blocks (OMLs 26, 30, 34 and 42).
The Madueke deal is said to shortchange Nigeria to the tune of billions and billions in loss associate with billions of cubic feet of gas. Five
aggrieved oil-producing communities in Delta State are engaged in a fight with the minister and her friends at the multinational companies). The Ribadu report also revealed that the NNPC had failed to report N86.6 billion to the government in 10 years by simple manipulation of exchange
rates by officials of the corporation. The report further showed that about 150,000 barrels of crude oil are stolen each day in Nigeria. So Nigeria
loses about $13.5 million per day (at $100 per barrel). In a year, that stands at $5 billion (N750 billion) In January this year, a presidential committee on public service reform discovered that top government officials in Nigeria take home N1.126
trillion a year in salaries and allowances – out of a national budget of N4.9 trillion. These public officers constitute just 0.013 per cent of
Nigeria’s population. It is common knowledge that Nigeria’s 108 senators each make over $1.7m dollars a year when US President Barak Obama
only makes $400,000 a year. That alone is $183.4 million (N28 billion). Then the 360 members of the House of Representatives each takes
home over $1.2 billion dollars, which amounts to $432 million dollars (N65bn). Again, each state governor collects an average of N200 million
naira a month just as security vote. In a year, they each get N2.4 billion naira. So our 36 governors take home N87 billion naira on security votes alone every year. Add our 38 ministers and ministers of state, 100 plus heads of federal and state agencies, over 432 state commissioners,
774 local government area chairmen or caretakers, almost 10,000 councilors and you will understand where the N1.126 trillion goes. While all these were going on, a former speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole was arrested and charged for embezzling a N10
billion naira loan borrowed on behalf of the House. He has since been released- awaiting trial, like many governors of the past 13 years. Also an
assistant director in the Federal Civil Service, John Yusuf together with his friends stole N27.2 billion from the Police Pension Fund. He was tried
and sentenced to 2 years in jail with an option of a N750, 000. At the same time, a Pension Reform Task Force set up by the government to
recover looted funds found billions in some banks. Its chairman Alhaji Abdulrasheed Maina transferred the recovered funds to his private
account. When asked to appear before the senate, he absconded to Malaysia. Around the same time, the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Oby Ezekwesili accused Presidents Yar’Adua and Jonathan of squandering in 4
years the $67 billion in External Reserves left by Obasanjo’s government in 2007. She offered to have an open debate with Jonathan’s
government but the government called her names and shut her down. Jonathan’s team told Nigerians excited by the prospects of a debate to
keep quiet; after all, Nigeria’s external reserve is back up to $48 billion and our national Sovereign Wealth Fund is now $1 billion. (Big deal, until
you look at what Algeria ($190 billion) and Libya ($130 billion) and India ($290 billion) and Singapore ($260 billion) have in their foreign
external reserves.) This is the world of revolving billions and trillions that President Jonathan and his 0.013% of Nigerian public officials are living in. In such a
world you will understand why President Jonathan had no sense of outrage as he pushed through a proposal for a First Lady Mission that would
cost N4 billion to build. You will also understand why a food allowance of almost N1 billion did not sound outrageous to the presidency. In this
world of revolving billions and trillions, where everyone in their circle is getting theirs, you will understand why nobody who is getting paid will
seriously raise a hand to point at others in the same club. Many of us do not know but Nigeria makes an average of $20 billion dollars (N3 trillion) in oil and gas revenue a year. Nigeria also makes N5
trillion from Federal taxes. From Customs duty, Nigeria makes another one trillion. That is a total of N9 trillion. If you add a typical year of $10
billion in Excess Crude Account, you are looking at an annual income of over N10 trillion. In a typical year, Nigeria budgets N4.9 trillion. N10 trillion in revenue minus N4.9 trillion budgeted you have about N5 trillion out there for
politicians to play with. If we were to share the N10 trillion naira revenue amongst 170 million Nigerians, every citizen should get N59, 000.00
naira each. A typical family of six will get N354, 000.00 a year. And if Jonathan closes the loophole through which N750 billion is lost in stolen crude oil, even if it is by 50%, an additional N370 billion will
come in. Last December, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala announced proudly that Jonathan’s government has recovered N29 billion naira from oil
marketers out of N234 billion certified as stolen. Again if Jonathan ends the waste from oil subsidy, at over N600 billion a year, Nigeria will get
an additional revenue of one trillion naira a year for a grand total of N11 trillion each year. Meanwhile, Nigeria’s external debt has been on the increase since Ngozi Okonjo Iweala came back. It is projected to hit $20 billion in external
debt and N6 trillion in domestic debt next year. That means, in less than 10 years after Ngozi Okonjo Iweala paid $12.4 billion of Nigeria’s
money to the Paris and London Clubs to fulfill her now abandoned goal of having Nigeria as a debt free nation, Nigeria’s debt is back in full. President Jonathan is lucky that Nigerians are too busy with more important things – fighting over Chelsea and Manchester United and Arsenal
and the decision the coaches of each team make each Saturday and how the European league referees perform on the pitch. So far, Nigerians
have abandoned their own team, their own coaches, their own referees, their own pitch and the matches that affect their lives the most. The day Jonathan’s luck will run out is the day Nigerians will grab a calculator and add up these billions and trillions. Until then, it is mere
exaggeration when I say; I come to bury Jonathan not to praise him.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Ngwakwe: 7:53pm On May 01, 2013
Jonathan is hated because he came from a minority that has been deprived of their heritage through deceit and conquest.

The same media hypes on how he has biafranized the institutions of the government and other agencies.

The hatred would have been primarily lumped on Okonjo Iweala, Stella Odua, D. Alison Madueke, Lt General Ihejirika etc of Igbo origin, if not for the sake of Ndigbo collective response against those evil vampires using media to discredit these great performers, these would have been constant international media headlines.

SAYING that GEJ is corruption personified is just an excuse to hate him. Corruption is an institution in our Universities courtesy our infested value systems and degradation of our family values.
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Ajengb: 7:53pm On May 01, 2013
I felt compeled to say tha some people develop hatred for d president on no basis,perhaps it might be that he's someone who is cool headed and doesn't talk much like his predecesors. On the issue of insecurity in the north it would be insensitve to blame it on d govt expecially d one dat relates to terrorism.no nation has ever won d battle against terror when people deliberately harbour, encourage ,fund and protect there kinsmen who are directly or indirectly involved in such activies.the major weapon that could be used in d fight against terror are infos even in d us d recent terrorists were captured based on d info given by a boat owner who saw d culprit and immediately alerted d police and yet people were still coming with infos no matter how small abt d culprit pasts,that way we can solve d insecurity problems in nigeria.but if it were to be in d north I tell nobody will say anything rather he will be protected and treated so if american who has incredible security aparatus is winning war on terror based on infos given by d public then I will urge people who blame d president who has provided equipments and funds for security personel but are still struggling to tackle d menace because no one in d region is ready to come up or out with infos to help them and since police are not God to knw who is a terrorist or not should tell us other alternative that could hav been used.as far as I'm concerned GEJ has done his part if d region really want peace they should help d police with infos.on security blame the people in d region and not d president unless u hav personal hatred 4 him. Fuel subsidy: though I was one of those who opposed the removel of d subsidy intially but i realised he was right.do u know that d money allocated for d subsidy is far bigger than d capital expenditure of the country? Which is suppose to give us better roads, water electricity etc yet its been diverted by some crooks,despite dat d subsidy remain partly there is still huge corruption going on with d subsidy expecially from d marketer so now d president remove it people complain if there is corruption again in d sector people will blame GEJ whatelse do u want him to do?as an economist deregulating d economy is d best option and nigerians will be better for it. On alamaiyesigha pardon: totally dissagree with mr president on the issue,its a big setback on d fight against corruption which is a cancer to our nation.the pardon portents an encouragement for potential looters who will aim for pardon in d future. I will urge nigerians to always ensure that the game of politics is played based on issues and mutual respect not on ethnicity religion tribe abuses and sentiment.God bless nigeria.
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 01, 2013
My problem with him is that he possesses the power of the state but doesn't make use of it. When does use it, it is for things Nigerians don't benefit from.

1 Like

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 01, 2013
Where is IBB?
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by mrakin(m): 8:00pm On May 01, 2013
GEJ was the best option in 2011. He may not be the best option in 2015. For me, he has no sin.
Nigeria is the most difficult country for anyone to rule
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by gbanikiti(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are we worried that GEJ is dissed ? Behavioral intellectuals and Historicists know for a fact that darkness is always at war with Light. GEJ is a Liahona, the Towering Light that permeates the Nigerian Politicosphere. He is confronting the greatest of principalities hence the cataclysmic renditions from the evil cabals that pervaded this Nation, and put us in the dark since 1960.

But I am impressed that he is unperturbed. GEJ has so far performed beyond what I voted him for. He has decimated all GodFathers who thought they could run Nigeria and control Aso Rock from the bedrooms. The fruits of his hard-work for me, is the total personification of Presidency.

The only "sins" they find in GEJ, are his extra-ordinary luck; His Supersonic Humility; His Supra-natural Godliness and His Cataclysmic Success against the foes. I am discombobulated!

[size=15pt]FRESH AIR! [/size]
Here comes another nematode! Just like your brother in criminality, Sickcere 9gerian, you are high on undiluted hydrochloric acid! After the big grammar you just spewed you still didnt make sense.you are just a pathetic lowlife SOB who eats crumbs from Jonathan's table. No matter how hard you and your goons try to force Jonathan to be loved, you fail woefully! bloody scumbag!

6 Likes

Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by dridowu: 8:04pm On May 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: As for the case of the pardon of Alams, though morally wrong, but it was a bitter pill the govt of GEJ has to swallow at this point in time. Presidents all over the world do grant pardon and most are controversial.

In conclusion, GEJ is certainly not perfect but the degree of HATE some people display towards the president is definitely disproportional to whatever "sins" the president may have committed. The curses, insults and derogatory names are misplaced and BASELESS.
4 d 1st time , i agree with u on ds quote only
Re: What Are The "Sins" Of President Jonathan? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: Jonathan is hated because he came from a minority that has been deprived of their heritage through deceit and conquest.

The same media hypes on how he has biafranized the institutions of the government and other agencies.

The hatred would have been primarily lumped on Okonjo Iweala, Stella Odua, D. Alison Madueke, Lt General Ihejirika etc of Igbo origin, if not for the sake of Ndigbo collective response against those evil vampires using media to discredit these great performers, these would have been constant international media headlines.

SAYING that GEJ is corruption personified is just an excuse to hate him. Corruption is an institution in our Universities courtesy our infested value systems and degradation of our family values.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PDP Kaduna Rally: Sarkin Waka Performs Hit Song 'Sai Mun Bata Wuta' (Video) / Fresh Crisis Hits IPOB As Nnamdi Kanu Bars Brother From Issuing Statements / Niger College Blast Killed Only Suicide Bomber — Gov. Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.