Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (124) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830222 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
yomifowe post=/post/26829844:
Someone posted this on canadavisa.com,

Final Chance For Current Federal Skilled Worker Program

October, 2014

The current application cycle for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), which opened in May, 2014, will finish at the end of this year. With just three months remaining in 2014, potential candidates have a limited window of opportunity to apply for this program. Successful applicants will gain Canadian permanent residence.
What is the Federal Skilled Worker Program?

The FSWP assesses candidates based on their human capital — that is to say, their ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada — using a points-based system. Applicants must score at least 67 points based on the criteria set by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

The current FSWP determines that 50 occupations are in demand in Canada, and candidates must have at least one year of work experience in the past 10 years in one of 50 eligible occupations. A total of 25,000 applications will be accepted for processing under the current FSWP, with a cap of 1,000 per eligible occupation. In addition to the fact that there is a limited time period left in which to make an application, candidates should also be aware that some of the occupation caps are close to reaching their limit.

Under the current Federal Skilled Worker Program, an eligible applicant applies knowing with a degree of certainty that he or she will be able to immigrate, so long as he or she is not criminally inadmissible, doesn't have major health problems, and works in an occupation that has not yet reached its cap. We are now entering the final three months in which the Government of Canada will be accepting applications under the FSWP in its present form.

How do candidates determine their eligibility for the current FSWP?

The first step in the entire process is to determine one's eligibility for the program. Candidates need to know whether or not meet the eligibility criteria to make an application. If a candidate is eligible to apply, he or she should begin their Educational Credential Assessment immediately and sit the IELTS exam. No one is exempt from the requirement for language testing, regardless of their country of origin or education.

“Candidates still have time, but they need to move fast. In practical terms, they need to determine their eligibility today and, if they are eligible, they need to start the process almost immediately,” says Attorney David Cohen. “Candidates who fulfil the criteria of the current Federal Skilled Worker Program should apply now, knowing with a degree of certainty that they will be able to immigrate to Canada.”

After December 31, 2014, the current rules and procedures for the FSWP will no longer be in place.

What comes after the FSWP?

As of January 1, 2015, candidates will no longer apply directly to the FSWP. From that date, Canada will transition to a new expression of interest immigration selection system called ‘Express Entry'.

Under Express Entry, the federal government and provincial governments, as well as Canadian employers, will be able to select potential immigrants from a pool of candidates who have declared an expression of interest in immigrating to Canada and who meet the eligibility criteria for at least one of Canada's economic immigration programs:
◾The Federal Skilled Worker Program
◾The Federal Skilled Trades Program
◾The Canadian Experience Class
◾A portion of the Provincial Nominee Program

The highest-ranked candidates (those deemed to have the best chances for economic success) may then be invited to apply for permanent residence in Canada under one of these programs.

“From January, candidates will be relying on being cherry-picked by either the federal government, a province, or a Canadian employer. Now is the time to take action,” says Attorney David Cohen.

Pls what is the implication of this on those that are yet to send their application and their CAP is not yet filled, even after 31st December?
For now,the link below has the most updated information as released by Canadian Government ion 30th April,2014 and a contrary information is yet to be released to negate it.
David Cohen is a consultant on FSW and the information is from his website.....until proven to be true by the Canadian government in any release before the end of this year,its a marketing franchise by applicants to patronize his consulting firm.
Check page 986
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-04-26/pdf/g1-14817.pdf
Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 12:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
damkollins post=/post/26830884:

For now,the link below has the most updated information as released by Canadian Government ion 30th April,2014 and a contrary information is yet to be released to negate it.
David Cohen is a consultant on FSW and the information is from his website.....until proven to be true by the Canadian government in any release before the end of this year,its a marketing franchise by applicants to patronize his consulting firm.
Check page 986
Cheers.

Ok thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
House, pls, the write up above stated that the Fsw will end December 31st. Is this correct? What if my ECA still not ready by December, what happens ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
tayoamos post=/post/26831189:
House, pls, the write up above stated that the Fsw will end December 31st. Is this correct? What if my ECA still not ready by December, what happens ?

Damkollins has dealt with the issue above.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 2:22pm On Oct 03, 2014
I just received mail from WES that All documents have been received for my evaluation to commence. possible date of completion has been slated for 30th October. i have been gathering my documents and i want the expert to help on the issue below:

1. My former employer ( a Bank) has been liquidated by NDIC. what can i do cos am adding the experience of close to 2 yrs which i cannot get reference letter for, under Noc 1212?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AceOak: 3:06pm On Oct 03, 2014
damkollins thanks so much, using your materials and only that, my IELTS score was:

Listening; 8
Reading:8.5
Writing:6.5
Speaking:7

overall:7.5

that should give me 23 points am i right or not? grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
yomfad: I just received mail from WES that All documents have been received for my evaluation to commence. possible date of completion has been slated for 30th October. i have been gathering my documents and i want the expert to help on the issue below:
1. My former employer ( a Bank) has been liquidated by NDIC. what can i do cos am adding the experience of close to 2 yrs which i cannot get reference letter for, under Noc 1212?
You should get your ECA completed latest middle of the month from experience...Congrats.
Get an affidavit to explain the closure of the bank...in the same affidavit,state your job descriptions,annual salary,entry and exit dates,working hours e.t.c
get supporting documents like employment letter,promotion letter,payslips and any documents that can link you with the company....and submit them with your package.
Also,write a cover letter to support your claim.
You will be fine with these.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomfad(m): 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
damkollins:
You should get your ECA completed latest middle of the month from experience...Congrats.
Get an affidavit to explain the closure of the bank...in the same affidavit,state your job descriptions,annual salary,entry and exit dates,working hours e.t.c
get supporting documents like employment letter,promotion letter,payslips and any documents that can link you with the company....and submit them with your package.
Also,write a cover letter to support your claim.
You will be fine with these.
Cheers.

@Damkollins, Thanks Bro. I have other documents linking me to the coy. employment letter, promotion letters, Call card etc. Thanks i will do just that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by yomifowe(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
yomfad: I just received mail from WES that All documents have been received for my evaluation to commence. possible date of completion has been slated for 30th October. i have been gathering my documents and i want the expert to help on the issue below:

You might get your evaluation completed in three days!

That was what happened in my own case. My documents were received on 27th sept. and got evaluation completed email on the 1st october
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
Good day forum members, please a quick one- I work in a financial institution as a back office staff- used to be treasury operations now in another unit where I do more of reconciliation and I am a chartered accountant , please under which of the federal skilled work scheme do I fit, can I apply as financial auditor or analyst ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
damkollins:
Check page 986
Cheers.
Think about this, why will they keep the fsw open till April when they are introducing another program for Jan 2015. My advice is for people not to take chances, apply ASAP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2014
fphumie: Good day forum members, please a quick one- I work in a financial institution as a back office staff- used to be treasury operations now in another unit where I do more of reconciliation and I am a chartered accountant , please under which of the federal skilled work scheme do I fit, can I apply as financial auditor or analyst ?
Your duties matters with respect to your choosen NOC .
If you are able to get your reference letter in either of the NOC,it's perfectly okay.
You know your duties better than anybody .
Sit down and evaluate it....I'm sure you will find your best match with respect to your duties performed.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 2:02am On Oct 04, 2014
@damkolins thanks...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fphumie(f): 2:20am On Oct 04, 2014
@ damkolins can u pls help send the IELTs materials to my email funminextzu@yahoo.com, thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kunlerulz: 4:35am On Oct 04, 2014
fphumie: Good day forum members, please a quick one- I work in a financial institution as a back office staff- used to be treasury operations now in another unit where I do more of reconciliation and I am a chartered accountant , please under which of the federal skilled work scheme do I fit, can I apply as financial auditor or analyst ?

I think this is what you need. http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=*

There you will find your main duties like damkollins said and you can compare with your JD to pick a preferred NOC that matches your profile.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 6:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Hello house,

1. pls is there any other link to check ielts result aside
https://results.ielts.org/NoResults.aspx
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/checkresults.aspx
both displaying no IELTS result found.

2. is it ok to type-fill only generic form while filling d remaining forms with pen. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 6:29am On Oct 04, 2014
fphumie: @ damkolins can u pls help send the IELTs materials to my email funminextzu@yahoo.com, thanks in advance

Sent!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:29am On Oct 04, 2014
UPS is freaking me out.
Delays upon delays.
Poor service in as many transactions.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meritoz: 9:01am On Oct 04, 2014
@ Cheers1234, can u assist to send d materials for d ielts to oziomah@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 9:57am On Oct 04, 2014
meritoz:
@ Cheers1234, can u assist to send d materials for d ielts to oziomah@gmail.com. thanks

with full permission frm kollins. sent!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:36am On Oct 04, 2014
cheers1234:
Hello house,
1. pls is there any other link to check ielts result aside
https://results.ielts.org/NoResults.aspx
https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/checkresults.aspx
both displaying no IELTS result found.
2. is it ok to type-fill only generic form while filling d remaining forms with pen. Thanks.
I.It's the same link.Don't worry,your result may have been picked for random sampling for their quality control .It will be released within the next 2 weeks.
2.Yes....you can type fill it,print it out later use black pen to complete it.But make sure you validate it before printing it to complete with black pen.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
I just sent my MBBS through FedEx today and I also scanned and sent all the documents to MCC by e mail. I know its already late for me as the fswp will end in December, but I just took the risk. If I don't meet up with it, I can always use my ECA of my MBBS for something else in the future or probably use it to process masters programme or write Canadian medical council lincencing exam for doctors.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by highburygonner: 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
cheers1234:

Sent!
Pls I need ielts materials, pls send to shinningstar_4ever@yahoo.co.uk. Thanks In advance
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by loriaidah(f): 3:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Pls can nurses with only Rn/Rm who have gotten their evaluation or PER let us know how to go with the process pls
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 9:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
AceOak:
damkollins thanks so much, using your materials and only that, my IELTS score was:

Listening; 8

i have also checked my Test result:
Listening: 6.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5
Overall band: 7.0

Please what point does this give me?

Although, my wife also took the test and scored Listening: 7.0, Reading: 6.5, Writing: 6.0, Speaking: 7.5 with ovetall band: 7.0
I guess she is contributing 5 points to me with this.

thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
meta4:

i have also checked my Test result:
Listening: 6.5
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 6.5
Speaking: 7.5
Overall band: 7.0
Please what point does this give me?
Although, my wife also took the test and scored Listening: 7.0, Reading: 6.5, Writing: 6.0, Speaking: 7.5 with ovetall band: 7.0
I guess she is contributing 5 points to me with this.
thanks
20 points .
Yes.....it's 5 points she will contribute .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bal2012002(m): 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2014
hello
pls if u dont mind. can u forward me d materials to prepare for the ielts: bal2012002@yahoo.com
pls do me d favour.
many thanks

quote author=AceOak post=26834267]damkollins thanks so much, using your materials and only that, my IELTS score was:

Listening; 8

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by AREOLA: 6:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Kindly help o nairalander I want to apply for the federal skilled worker but I don't know how to go about it.kindly help with the link pls.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 7:22am On Oct 05, 2014
AREOLA:
Kindly help o nairalander I want to apply for the federal skilled worker but I don't know how to go about it.kindly help with the link pls.

www.cic.gc.ca/skilled/immigrate
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2014
Happy Sunday to all,

I have noticed that there has been little feedback from members (except but a few) who submitted their applications earlier in the year. I don't want to mention names at the moment but I really hope that its not because they were unsuccessful. Please share your success stories with the house, and let's rejoice with you grin and maybe learn a thing or two.

..or is my observation not valid?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by meta4(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2014
damkollins:

20 points .
Yes.....it's 5 points she will contribute .
Cheers

Thanks so much damkollins.
please how soon can WES assess my transcript if i submit by next two weeks. ICAS states 6 to 8 weeks for assessment that will take me into december which might not be safe for me.
so thinking of using WES.
please any UNIBEN person who has used either of them i would mind your experience as this is the only aspect keeping me from submitting my application.
thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tayoamos: 9:35am On Oct 05, 2014
Pls my wife studied Building technology HND, its under civil engineering, but her certificate jus indicated Building Technology, will is be acceptable under fsw

(1) (2) (3) ... (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.