Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829118 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 4:22pm On May 09, 2013
@ solomonwis. thanks so much for d info. i will be getting along on the thread. can u pls list out d detailed documents needed generaly for application, in order 2 make it easier for intending applicants? thanks boss.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bussyme(m): 3:26am On May 10, 2013
solomonwis:

You obviously have not fully acquainted yourself with the new FSWP new rules! Your occupation is no longer on the new eligible occupations!

Remember only an UNBIASED assessment will give you the required points {67} needed to scale through. You must have awarded points for yourself to have claimed 68 points. You need to break down what your age is,your work experience,Education {Obviously,HND will not be rated as the same with Bsc.},Language{You need to state for each skill tested, i.e Speaking,Listening,writing an reading,what your score was},adaptability/arranged employment.
Thank my bros,with the new NOC am not qualify but my wife with BSC degree is qualify.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2013
valentino81: @ solomonwis. thanks so much for d info. i will be getting along on the thread. can u pls list out d detailed documents needed generaly for application, in order 2 make it easier for intending applicants? thanks boss.

Aside all the forms applicable

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
Schedule A: Background / Declaration (IMM 5669)
Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 0008 – Schedule 3)
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Supplementary Information – Your travels (IMM 5562)
Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada (IMM 5604)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620)
Document Checklist – Centralized Intake Office (IMM 5612)
Use of a Representative (IMM 5476), if applicable. ,

applicants need to provide the folowing:

Language:

you must include original results of one of the following language tests from a testing agency designated by CIC.

English

CELPIP: Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (General test only)
IELTS: International English Language Testing System (General Training test only)

French

TEF: Test d’évaluation de français
Your language test results must not be more than two years old at the time CIO receive your application.

Education:

you must provide evidence that you have completed a Canadian secondary or post-secondary educational program OR submit an original ECA report for the completed foreign educational credential(s) for which you are claiming points from an organization designated by CIC. The ECA report must indicate an equivalency to a completed Canadian educational credential.

If you are submitting an ECA report, you must also provide proof of your completed foreign educational credential(s) with your application (e.g. copies of your diplomas/degrees, transcripts, etc).

Work Experience

You must have at least one year of continuous full-time (or the equivalent in continuous part-time) paid work experience in the primary occupation you specify in your application;
You must have had this experience within the last 10 years; and
Your work experience must be in an occupation listed in Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations), Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) of the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC).

You must provide letters of reference from all your employers for the past 10 years

-Birth certificates and legal documents showing names or date of birth changes

Arranged employment in Canada {Only for applicants with an offer of full time permanent employment from a Canadian employer}:

You must submit an original letter from your employer indicating that you will be employed on a full time permanent basis upon reciving permanent resident status.

Adaptability:

Your spouse or common-law partner with a language level in either English or French at CLB 4 level or higher in all four language abilities (speaking, listening, reading and writing) can earn points under adaptability.

To get these points, you must submit test results from an approved agency(i.e IELTS , CELPIP and TEF) when you apply. Results can not be more than two years old on the day you apply.

You can also earn point under adaptability if you completed at least two academic years of full-time study (in a program of at least two years in duration) at a secondary or post-secondary school in Canada. Full-time study means at least 15 hours of instruction per week, and you must have remained in good academic standing (as defined by the school) during the period of full-time study in Canada.

You can earn additional points if you or, if applicable, your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e. parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, brother/sister, aunt/uncle or niece/nephew, who is 18 years of age or older as of the date we receive your application, and who is a Canadian citizen of permanent resident residing in Canada.

You also need to include:
1.Proof of relationship to a relative in Canada (if you claimed you have a relative in Canada.
2.Marriage certificate (if you are married)
3.Police certificates and Clearances:You can choose to send this much later when requested by your case officer during the process of consideration of your application
4.Fee payment (CAD$550 per applicant)
5.photograph:Supply Six (6) photos of each family member and yourself.Write the name and date of birth of each person as well as the date the photo was taken at the reverse side of FIVE (5) of the photos

6.Proof of Settlement funds:
You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.
These funds could be in the form of:
cash
documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).

7.Travel documents and Passport:

You must include copies of the bio-data page of passports or travel documents of you,your spouse or common law partner and your dependent children

These are some of the quintessential documents needed for application.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2013
@ solomonwis, thanks so much. the proof of fund needs to be included will be bank acct balance as at when applying or what? the bank statement will be send along with the application shey?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2013
valentino81: @ solomonwis, thanks so much. the proof of fund needs to be included will be bank acct balance as at when applying or what? the bank statement will be send along with the application shey?

The Bank statement will show the balance as at when the application is being dispatched to the cental Intake Office in Canada {Obviously it will be included in the application}
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 3:14pm On May 11, 2013
Hullo house.I have completed my application . I wonder if I'll get points for havin a family member.
I included my aunt's citizenship card and pixs she took wv my dad but not d birth certificate or public utility bill as she no send am. Wl dat suffice?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:49pm On May 11, 2013
LadyGuinivere: Hullo house.I have completed my application . I wonder if I'll get points for havin a family member.
I included my aunt's citizenship card and pixs she took wv my dad but not d birth certificate or public utility bill as she no send am. Wl dat suffice?

That will not suffice. You have to prove how you are related not just with pictures but with documentary evidence such as birth certificates,marriage certificates,etc. You might be lucky to be asked to provide this details by your case officer or they might just score you zero under adaptability.

Since you've submitted your application,you might as well keep your fingers crossed and wait for the outcome.if I may ask,under what eligible occupation did you apply,did you provide educational credential assessment report,if yes,which of the authorised bodies assessed your credentials and for how long?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:14pm On May 11, 2013
solomonwis:
NOC 2263 inspectors in public health and safety.I used WES. They took close to a month.na ma scl transcript delay d tn
That will not suffice. You have to prove how you are related not just with pictures but with documentary evidence such as birth certificates,marriage certificates,etc. You might be lucky to be asked to provide this details by your case officer or they might just score you zero under adaptability.

Since you've submitted your application,you might as well keep your fingers crossed and wait for the outcome.if I may ask,under what eligible occupation did you apply,did you provide educational credential assessment report,if yes,which of the authorised bodies assessed your credentials and for how long?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:22pm On May 11, 2013
@Solomonwise , inspectors in public health n safety. I used WES. They took close to a mth to process. Cuda been faster if no b naija scl delay.
I wonder how long the processing times wl be ds year o with the new polices and all?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:50pm On May 11, 2013
LadyGuinivere: @Solomonwise , inspectors in public health n safety. I used WES. They took close to a mth to process. Cuda been faster if no b naija scl delay.
I wonder how long the processing times wl be ds year o with the new polices and all?

It should take less than one year from start to finish. One of the many reasons why only 5000 application will be considered between May 2013 and April 2014.

I hope you will keep the thread members informed of the progress made on your application so others can benefit.

I wish you the very best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 10:05am On May 12, 2013
@Solomonwis, I appreciate your kindness in sharing all you know about this program, God will surely reward you.My question is on the proof of settlement funds, I have funds in my acounts (naira (current and savings) and domicilliary ( dollar and euro) and they are all in the same bank, I hope I can combine all of them to make up for about 22,000 cannadian dollars that is required for a family of four ( according to the info on the website).Do I need to request formally for account statement from the bank, on can I print the one accessible via internet banking? In addition, can I include my stock portfolio (CSCS account) which far exceeds the requirement as proof of additional funds moreover, there maybe need to move some funds from the bank accounts within the application period.Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:08pm On May 12, 2013
Bwave: @Solomonwis, I appreciate your kindness in sharing all you know about this program, God will surely reward you.My question is on the proof of settlement funds, I have funds in my acounts (naira (current and savings) and domicilliary ( dollar and euro) and they are all in the same bank, I hope I can combine all of them to make up for about 22,000 cannadian dollars that is required for a family of four ( according to the info on the website).Do I need to request formally for account statement from the bank, on can I print the one accessible via internet banking? In addition, can I include my stock portfolio (CSCS account) which far exceeds the requirement as proof of additional funds moreover, there maybe need to move some funds from the bank accounts within the application period.Thanks

It is advisable to include the bank statements of all the readily available and accessible funds from all sources as you have mentioned. Your cscs statement will also suffice.

Note that at any point during the processing of your application,you will be requested to produce an up to date statements of all the sources of settlement funds you provide at the initial stage. This can be asked 2 or more times before the application is positively considered and concluded. At each period you are requested to produce the statement/proof of fund,the fund must be available.

You can decide to move the fund and use it as u like but you must prove the funds are available even at short notices.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:54pm On May 12, 2013
@Bwave I think its preferable to get ur statement from d bank and have d bank signatories sign on it(dependin sha on d bank wen de give u)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:10pm On May 12, 2013
LadyGuinivere: @Bwave I think its preferable to get ur statement from d bank and have d bank signatories sign on it(dependin sha on d bank wen de give u)

That is correct!

You can also have the bank confirm your balance in a signed letter. Just an online copy of your statement might not suffice.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by iRichards: 7:59pm On May 12, 2013
@Solomonwis

Pls what mode of application fee payment would you advise for an applicant in Nigeria?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On May 12, 2013
I don't really understand this, but what about those who studied Business Administration/Marketing with 3yrs work experience. Is there any package for someone with such?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:58am On May 13, 2013
iRichards: @Solomonwis

Pls what mode of application fee payment would you advise for an applicant in Nigeria?

Thanks.

Debit card payment is advisable.

This is because it cost you next to nothing apart from the application fee unlike bank draft.

Just supply your Master/visa card details in the appropriate form and send over to CIO in canada for processing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:02am On May 13, 2013
Ijogz K: I don't really understand this, but what about those who studied Business Administration/Marketing with 3yrs work experience. Is there any package for someone with such?

Unfortunately your occupation is not one of the eligible occupations. Except you have qualifications and/or work experience in the listed eligible occupation,
It is not advisable to apply for the FSWP.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 10:56am On May 13, 2013
solomonwis:

This is because it cost you next to nothing apart from the application fee unlike bank draft.

Just supply your Master/visa card details in the appropriate form and send over to CIO in canada for processing.

So nice to see this forum. Please does anyone know when the application fee will be charged on the card details submitted? I am asking because even though I am planning to submit, I wont be crediting my card until one week after submission. Will that be too late cause I have heard people say their cards weren't charged immediately.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 10:59am On May 13, 2013
solomonwis:

Aside all the forms applicable

Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
Additional Dependants/Declaration (IMM 0008DEP)
Schedule A: Background / Declaration (IMM 5669)
Schedule 3: Economic Classes – Federal Skilled Worker (IMM 0008 – Schedule 3)
Additional Family Information (IMM 5406)
Supplementary Information – Your travels (IMM 5562)
Separation Declaration for Minors Travelling to Canada (IMM 5604)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409)
Fee Payment Form – Application for Permanent Residence (IMM 5620)
Document Checklist – Centralized Intake Office (IMM 5612)
Use of a Representative (IMM 5476), if applicable. ,

These are some of the quintessential documents needed for application.

A friend of mine submitted his application already but didn't include the Supplementary Information – Your travels (IMM 5562)because according to him he thought its for only those who have a travel history and so didn't include it. Will his document be returned because of this. All other forms were signed and submitted.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:04am On May 13, 2013
solomongrandy:

So nice to see this forum. Please does anyone know when the application fee will be charged on the card details submitted? I am asking because even though I am planning to submit, I wont be crediting my card until one week after submission. Will that be too late cause I have heard people say their cards weren't charged immediately.

Nobody can cay precisely when your debit card will be charged,this is because the FSWP is undergoing a faster processing unlike what it used to be in time past.

Your application might be in queue and your card might not be charged until months after{that used to be the case with the previous applications}.it is advisable you put into perspective the mailing/posting duration to arrive at a safe conclusion as to whether your account will be charged immediately or not.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:14am On May 13, 2013
solomongrandy:

A friend of mine submitted his application already but didn't include the Supplementary Information – Your travels (IMM 5562)because according to him he thought its for only those who have a travel history and so didn't include it. Will his document be returned because of this. All other forms were signed and submitted.

From experience,your friend's application might be returned as incomplete. That form is applicable to everyone who submits an application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 11:27am On May 13, 2013
solomonwis:

From experience,your friend's application might be returned as incomplete. That form is applicable to everyone who submits an application.

Thanks for your reply. When I looked at the forms, the Travel form is the only one that doesn't demand that you signed it after filling it. besides he doesnt have a travel history. I hope my friend finds favour there.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by auschris: 3:02pm On May 13, 2013
What options are available for someone with a Bsc in Nursing?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 4:15pm On May 13, 2013
solomongrandy:
@solomonwis with resPect to d above, is it not possible to send in the outstanding forms?
Thanks for your reply. When I looked at the forms, the Travel form is the only one that doesn't demand that you signed it after filling it. besides he doesnt have a travel history. I hope my friend finds favour there.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 6:01pm On May 13, 2013
Federal skilled workers who applied to the CIO and have a request for case information may contact the Client Service Unit (CSU). Note that if your application has already been sent to the visa office for processing, the CIO will not be able to help you.

You will not receive a reply to your email if:

you have not already applied as a federal skilled worker;
you are not authorized by the applicant to receive personal information;
you applied within the last six weeks; or
your enquiry concerns a topic other than your case.
Please do not send the same enquiry more than once. You can reach the CSU at CIO‑Sydney‑Search‑Enquiry@cic.gc.ca.

Courier address
Centralized Intake Office
49 Dorchester Street
Sydney, Nova Scotia  B1P 5Z2
Canada

Please clea
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2013
auschris: What options are available for someone with a Bsc in Nursing?

The only option is to wait for your occupation to be listed on the eligible occupation. That might be after April 2014.

In the time being you can begin to gather the necessary documents necessary for a positive assessment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 7:12pm On May 13, 2013
solomonwis:

The only option is to wait for your occupation to be listed on the eligible occupation. That might be after April 2014.

In the time being you can begin to gather the necessary documents necessary for a positive assessment.

My guy have sent the extra information he missed out in a fresh courier today after i told him about this thread. I also watched a video on CIC website where they mentioned something like you can make a note of the missing document, attched them and send. Dont know how correct though.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:36pm On May 13, 2013
solomongrandy:

My guy have sent the extra information he missed out in a fresh courier today after i told him about this thread. I also watched a video on CIC website where they mentioned something like you can make a note of the missing document, attched them and send. Dont know how correct though.

Let's wish your friend luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:27pm On May 13, 2013
solomongrandy:

Xactly! That's d right thing he did. Good luck to him. Wc occupation em do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 8:45pm On May 13, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Xactly! That's d right thing he did. Good luck to him. Wc occupation em do?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by iRichards: 10:22pm On May 13, 2013
solomonwis:

Thanks alot man!
You are doing a great job!
Cheers!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.