Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829286 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 3:02pm On May 14, 2013
The waitin is killing! Any tips on what to do to pass time? Like any links I shud be readin? cheesy
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2013
LadyGuinivere: The waitin is killing! Any tips on what to do to pass time? Like any links I shud be readin? cheesy

Here,see what some people think about FSWP........

https://www.nairaland.com/978213/canada-freezes-federal-skilled-worker
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 5:14pm On May 14, 2013
Lol. Thank u Sir
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 7:11pm On May 14, 2013
The way things are now, my application may not be ready till 2nd week of june. I just pray that my job category will not reach the 300 cap by then. Please has anybody done the certificate evaluation for HND and what equivalent did it come out as ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 7:59pm On May 14, 2013
solomonwis:

Here,see what some people think about FSWP........

https://www.nairaland.com/978213/canada-freezes-federal-skilled-worker

This link is for people who enjoy argument. I need real information not talk talk. I love this forum instead
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 8:09pm On May 14, 2013
sperony: The way things are now, my application may not be ready till 2nd week of june. I just pray that my job category will not reach the 300 cap by then. Please has anybody done the certificate evaluation for HND and what equivalent did it come out as ?
I am even looking at july/august for my own application.Solomonwis and LadyGuinivere, what do you think?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:20pm On May 14, 2013
Bwave:
I am even looking at july/august for my own application.Solomonwis and LadyGuinivere, what do you think?

You will be surprised in this program,the first shall be the last. A lot of people have not taken time to understand the process as it is. Many application will be returned unprocessed to pave way for applications that are well packaged.

Even as you need to be time conscious,remember this is a year long program {May 2013 to April 2014}. Send in your application when you are ready as long as you are guided by the cap of your eligible occupation.

So many people are rushing to submit “mistakes” and it will pave way for well packaged applications.

How many people know they have to submit 6
Photographs with the name,date of birth and date the passport was taken at the back of just 5 of the pix?

So many things to consider before binning CAD$550 plus other incidental costs!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:46pm On May 14, 2013
solomonwis:

You will be surprised in this program,the first shall be the last. A lot of people have not taken time to understand the process as it is. Many application will be returned unprocessed to pave way for applications that are well packaged.

Even as you need to be time conscious,remember this is a year long program {May 2013 to April 2014}. Send in your application when you are ready as long as you are guided by the cap of your eligible occupation.

So many people are rushing to submit “mistakes” and it will pave way for well packaged applications.

Photographs with the name,date of birth and date the passport was taken at the back of just 5 of the pix?

So many things to consider before binning CAD$550 plus other incidental costs!
Bros I gree wiv u but I also think speed is also neccessary with the accuracy. Last year as person de do small small the thing close.
Me I believe if u can hasten processes e.g d WES and pick d nearest ielts date d better. Cos 300 slots wiv naija, pakistani, indians all tryin hard to grab one. Ha!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 6:08am On May 15, 2013
@Solomonwis, you are doing a great job here and this is what some law firm are charging seriously for. I pray God will water ur own garden too. Pls I need you to help me answer some questions :
To gain point on adaptability, does my wife need to sit for eng test too? She has ond in science lab tech nd presently on a degree course.
Must I be able to show my proof of fund when submitting my app or later when my file is considered?
Please can you share ur email with me ? my e mail add is Daplosyne@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:37am On May 15, 2013
sperony: @Solomonwis, you are doing a great job here and this is what some law firm are charging seriously for. I pray God will water ur own garden too. Pls I need you to help me answer some questions :
To gain point on adaptability, does my wife need to sit for eng test too? She has ond in science lab tech nd presently on a degree course.
Must I be able to show my proof of fund when submitting my app or later when my file is considered?
Please can you share ur email with me ? my e mail add is Daplosyne@yahoo.com

To gain the maximum 10 points under adaptability, your wife must write the English test,you and/or your wife must have studied in canada and you and/or your wife must have a relative in canada.

The proof of settlement funds must be submitted during your initial application. You will be asked to provide an up to date proof 2 or 3 times during the processing of your application before your application is positively considered and concluded.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 10:15am On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

To gain the maximum 10 points under adaptability, your wife must write the English test,you and/or your wife must have studied in canada and you and/or your wife must have a relative in canada.

The proof of settlement funds must be submitted during your initial application. You will be asked to provide an up to date proof 2 or 3 times during the processing of your application before your application is positively considered and concluded.
And your spouse MUST have a minimun of CLB 4 (ielts 4)in all skills yl u must have CLB 7 in all skills.
Na wa o! So person wen never marry no go chop d xtra 5 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 10:49am On May 15, 2013
And your spouse MUST have a minimun of CLB 4 (ielts 4)in all skills yl u must have CLB 7 in all skills.
Na wa o! So person wen never marry no go chop d xtra 5 points.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sperony(m): 11:37am On May 15, 2013
This forum worth more than so many fraudulence immigration lawyer out there. The way I'm seeing it now, from discussions I believe 90% of submitted applications will have one error or incomplete information issue. Think about this; certificate evaluation process that takes months, english test that takes weeks and some other key requirements like proof of fund ( CAND 11,000 no be small do).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 12:34pm On May 15, 2013
LadyGuinivere: The waitin is killing! Any tips on what to do to pass time? Like any links I shud be readin? cheesy

Have you submitted?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 12:35pm On May 15, 2013
sperony: This forum worth more than so many fraudulence immigration lawyer out there. The way I'm seeing it now, from discussions I believe 90% of submitted applications will have one error or incomplete information issue. Think about this; certificate evaluation process that takes months, english test that takes weeks and some other key requirements like proof of fund ( CAND 11,000 no be small do).

You are so wrong. Credential valuation only takes 7days if you are using WES and Test of english only 13days from date of exam. So?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 12:44pm On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

You know you are so right @Solomonwis? By the way can you just give us a list of possible mistake laden areas that we most likely be a grey area if not carefully looked into.
One point I have noted is the mistake of not signing the forms. And also submitting photocopy of test score or Assesement document.
Please feed your flocks....lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:52pm On May 15, 2013
solomongrandy:

Have you submitted?
Yesso
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:55pm On May 15, 2013
solomongrandy:

You know you are so right @Solomonwis? By the way can you just give us a list of possible mistake laden areas that we most likely be a grey area if not carefully looked into.
One point I have noted is the mistake of not signing the forms. And also submitting photocopy of test score or Assesement document.
Please feed your flocks....lol

There is no hard and fast rule to it other than to make the checklist {You can find it here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf}

You must follow the checklist religiously! That way you will avoid costly mistakes. You can get an envelop and begin to put the documents one after the other and tick as appropriate on the checklist.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:59pm On May 15, 2013
solomongrandy:

You are so wrong. Credential valuation only takes 7days if you are using WES and Test of english only 13days from date of exam. So?
The challenge with WES is 1. Gettin ur school to send ur transcript on time
2. WES will stl reconfirm d transcript . In my case dey sent it via email and believe it or not, it stayed 15 days till I called them before d school reply wes. So u have to be in steady couumune wiv ur scl
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 1:00pm On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

There is no hard and fast rule to it other than to make the checklist {You can find it here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf}

You must follow the checklist religiously! That way you will avoid costly mistakes. You can get an envelop and begin to put the documents one after the other and tick as appropriate on the checklist.

Hmmmm...

But I wanted our own version of a chatlist not checklist....lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 1:04pm On May 15, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
The challenge with WES is 1. Gettin ur school to send ur transcript on time
2. WES will stl reconfirm d transcript . In my case dey sent it via email and believe it or not, it stayed 15 days till I called them before d school reply wes. So u have to be in steady couumune wiv ur scl

I see....
I didn't use WES though but I expect anyone hoping to apply to have gathered stuff like 3months ago because they've been talking about it since last year. Thank God for life, I know someone who gathered all documents since last year but he is no more.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:11pm On May 15, 2013
solomongrandy:

I see....
I didn't use WES though but I expect anyone hoping to apply to have gathered stuff like 3months ago because they've been talking about it since last year. Thank God for life, I know someone who gathered all documents since last year but he is no more.

How did the person "gather" transcripts that ought to be sent directly by the issuing institution to the assessing body months before the start off date?

Nobody would have known the authorized bodies responsible for assessment until April 17th 2013 when only Four (4) organizations were empowered to assess credentials for immigration to Canada purpose.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 1:18pm On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

How did the person "gather" transcripts that ought to be sent directly by the issuing institution to the assessing body months before the start off date?

Nobody would have known the authorized bodies responsible for assessment until April 17th 2013 when only Four (4) organizations were empowered to assess credentials for immigration to Canada purpose.

You see not all schools send directly. Some ex-students will get the courier company to come with them to Transcript office (i.e they use the local courier around the school), pick the document themselves to mailed at a later time. Even though the list of Credentials assessment institutions weren't named till April 17th, some could guess what they would be. Like myself, I guessed ICAS and did my assessment before 17th and only had to do an upgrade after the announcement which took me just 5days.

By the way I chose the courier for my transcript myself. Cant afford the slow mail the school would prefer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:36pm On May 15, 2013
solomongrandy:

You see not all schools send directly. Some ex-students will get the courier company to come with them to Transcript office (i.e they use the local courier around the school), pick the document themselves to mailed at a later time. Even though the list of Credentials assessment institutions weren't named till April 17th, some could guess what they would be. Like myself, I guessed ICAS and did my assessment before 17th and only had to do an upgrade after the announcement which took me just 5days.

By the way I chose the courier for my transcript myself. Cant afford the slow mail the school would prefer.

You took a great risk by guessing.....Not many people are good at guessing and for a program like this,guess work doesn't pay. You are fortunate to have "guessed" right.

In terms of credentials assessment,those who will have the upper hand are people who only have to upgrade their assessment with the authorized bodies since they have already forwarded their transcripts earlier for one purpose or the other.

Have you considered people who schooled outside their country of residence,do they have the luxury of time,energy and resources to go to their school to demand for their transcripts? Most institutions outside Nigeria can issue transcripts within days when you make request without you putting pressure on anyone.Unfortunately,most Institutions in Nigeria require you fill some form so as to get your transcripts processed and forwarded. The right thing is for transcripts to be sent directly,not for anyone to handpick.

WES has a digitiary system with some institutions,for those institutions you don't have to go through any hassle. All you do is provide WES your details and they can assess your transcripts online directly from the Institution.

Unfortunately,Nigeria doesn't have anything close to that.

In this program,you could be fast but you must be thorough lest the one who is behind take your slot/position.
You must get it right,no space for mistakes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 1:42pm On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

lest the one who is behind take your slot/position.

It will not be my portion in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:44pm On May 15, 2013
solomongrandy:

It will not be my portion in Jesus name. Amen

It won't be your portion,not for you..... grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:05pm On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

You took a great risk by guessing.....Not many people are good at guessing and for a program like this,guess work doesn't pay. You are fortunate to have "guessed" right.

In terms of credentials assessment,those who will have the upper hand are people who only have to upgrade their assessment with the authorized bodies since they have already forwarded their transcripts earlier for one purpose or the other.

Have you considered people who schooled outside their country of residence,do they have the luxury of time,energy and resources to go to their school to demand for their transcripts? Most institutions outside Nigeria can issue transcripts within days when you make request without you putting pressure on anyone.Unfortunately,most Institutions in Nigeria require you fill some form so as to get your transcripts processed and forwarded. The right thing is for transcripts to be sent directly,not for anyone to handpick.

WES has a digitiary system with some institutions,for those institutions you don't have to go through any hassle. All you do is provide WES your details and they can assess your transcripts online directly from the Institution.

Unfortunately,Nigeria doesn't have anything close to that.

In this program,you could be fast but you must be thorough lest the one who is behind take your slot/position.
You must get it right,no space for mistakes.

I cant agree with you less.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 2:14pm On May 15, 2013
solomonwis:

This is one of the reasons am projecting till july/august to forward my application, because we have to wait for thirteen days for the test result which we are yet to take, moreover, I am planning to apply for my transcript on friday and I can't tell how long WES will take for their own issue.Neither me nor my wife studied in Canada but she will take the English test, hope we can get say 5 points under adaptability if she can get band 5 or higher in the IELTS test result.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:24pm On May 15, 2013
Bwave:
This is one of the reasons am projecting till july/august to forward my application, because we have to wait for thirteen days for the test result which we are yet to take, moreover, I am planning to apply for my transcript on friday and I can't tell how long WES will take for their own issue.Neither me nor my wife studied in Canada but she will take the English test, hope we can get say 5 points under adaptability if she can get band 5 or higher in the IELTS test result.

All you need do is to ask her to prepare well for the IELTS. I don't know her ability in English but with good preparation,getting a band score 5 or higher is not difficult.

People should remember this is a year long program...That a cap of 300 per eligible occupation is the limit does not mean you can't be considered! Your application can still be considered as long as the cap has not been reached.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
I follow d Ppl wen gamble o! D only tn was cos of d delay from ma scl I now got it after the 18th
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 9:23pm On May 15, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
Yesso

Good to hear someone have submitted already. I will like to know if it was debit card or bank draft you paid with and if its card, have they deducted their application fee already?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 4:51am On May 16, 2013
Hmmm... this is a very interesting thread.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.