Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,110 members, 7,845,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (165) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (830868 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 3:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

its saxy and not sexy ... grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1207983/missing-oluwatoyin-akanbi-found-dead

The guy on that thread was a year my senior at OAU, he has 1st class BSc. Engineering Physics, Distinction MSc. Reservoir Engineering from Herriot Watt university. Works as a petroleum engineer with Chevron. Yet he was killed by armed robbers all because of a 2008 Toyota Highlander that 19years old kids are driving abroad with peace of mind. This is a guy with bright future, has 2 kids not even up to 3 years of age.

Another friend of mine from OAU, Engr. Lanre fashesin was kidnapped from a construction site he was working on in Edo state in 2012 and has not been found till date.

http://lindaikeji..com.es/2012/12/engr-lanre-fashesin-still-missing.html?m=1

You see, this is just two out of many in Nigeria. That is why money is not everything in life. In Africa and Asia, you get extra pay with your job cos to oyinbo standard, all those places are high risk area and the juicy package comes at a cost, sometimes paying with your live.

The guy who moved from GE by the way, said he only missed his 13th month salary he usually gets in Nigeria.

And to the other guy that mentioned Iraq. Why would I go to Iraq to get kidnapped by ISIS/ISIL cos of money that I can make elsewhere even if it's lower but with peace of mind.

Anyway, bye bye to financial services, I got my first engineering job(O&G) in 8 years and resuming on Monday.
Congrats buddy ..
Really wishing you the very best career wise....
Hopefully ...meeting you one sweet day.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

its saxy and not sexy ... grin

https://www.nairaland.com/1207983/missing-oluwatoyin-akanbi-found-dead

The guy on that thread was a year my senior at OAU, he has 1st class BSc. Engineering Physics, Distinction MSc. Reservoir Engineering from Herriot Watt university. Works as a petroleum engineer with Chevron. Yet he was killed by armed robbers all because of a 2008 Toyota Highlander that 19years old kids are driving abroad with peace of mind. This is a guy with bright future, has 2 kids not even up to 3 years of age.

Another friend of mine from OAU, Engr. Lanre fashesin was kidnapped from a construction site he was working on in Edo state in 2012 and has not been found till date.

http://lindaikeji..com.es/2012/12/engr-lanre-fashesin-still-missing.html?m=1

You see, this is just two out of many in Nigeria. That is why money is not everything in life. In Africa and Asia, you get extra pay with your job cos to oyinbo standard, all those places are high risk area and the juicy package comes at a cost, sometimes paying with your live.

The guy who moved from GE by the way, said he only missed his 13th month salary he usually gets in Nigeria.

And to the other guy that mentioned Iraq. Why would I go to Iraq to get kidnapped by ISIS/ISIL cos of money that I can make elsewhere even if it's lower but with peace of mind.

Anyway, bye bye to financial services, I got my first engineering job(O&G) in 8 years and resuming on Monday.
Even Canada is not violence-free...now they are cobbling together everyone thru this process...ISIS pple are on the prowl.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

I wasn't ooo. my wife was the PA while I was her consultant..., she still owes me for services rendered though grin
una go settle at d normal joint grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2014
damkollins:

Congrats buddy ..
Really wishing you the very best career wise....
Hopefully ...meeting you one sweet day.
Cheers
Thanks mate!

ferdimako:

Even Canada is not violence-free...now they are cobbling together everyone thru this process...ISIS pple are on the prowl.
I know, no where in the world is safe but some countries are safer and offer better quality of life than others.
ferdimako:

una go settle at d normal joint grin

grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

Thanks mate!

I know, no where in the world is safe but some countries are safer and offer better quality of life than others.
toor!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 4:06pm On Nov 23, 2014
saxywale:

I wasn't ooo. my wife was the PA while I was her consultant..., she still owes me for services rendered though grin

Lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

haha saxy...we are opening everyone's eye. Different situation for different guys...someone must have learnt from this, I tell u. Good to know u weren't the PA...many guys don't make public. haha

Do guys get complex because of that? Na wa o! My husband is proud to state that I was the principal applicant o
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Do guys get complex because of that? Na wa o! My husband is proud to state that I was the principal applicant o

you are the boss nah# YourMoniker smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Yes.....u see them struggling to get the 67 or 60pts threshold when their spouses can pitch in or even be the PAs.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:50pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

you are the boss nah# YourMoniker smiley

Lol...But I've got a bossman!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

Yes.....u see them struggling to get the 67 or 60pts threshold when their spouses can pitch in or even be the PA.

its true some guys have such complex, I mean many guys, whereas many of us are not, in my case, me and my woman are qualified, but she more qualified... If i would apply, it would be her. We both scored above 70.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

its true some guys have such complex, I mean many guys, whereas many of us are not, in my case, me and my woman are qualified, but she more qualified... If i would apply, it would be her. We both scored above 70.
nice!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

Yes.....u see them struggling to get the 67 or 60pts threshold when their spouses can pitch in or even be the PAs.

4 realz?? Na wah ooo...how silly!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:20pm On Nov 23, 2014
Shyee:

Absolutely ridiculous!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

Never! Not me. If my wife has a better chance, I'll comfortably take the back seat and be giving ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 23, 2014
bossladyMo:

4 realz?? Na wah ooo...how silly!
Has been busy looking and praying for a help mate. When he has her...ego sets in...kinda had his manhood ripped off shocked Meritl felt that way...we all helped grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 10:37pm On Nov 23, 2014
Thanks for your previous responses Solomonwis

Hi all, so I need to notarize all copies of documents?
Pls what's the naira equivalent for CAD 1,550.

For settlement funds, I have excess for the required funds in my account statement, do I declare the exact amount needed for a family of five or just leave it the way it is (higher amount)? Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
ferdimako:

Has been busy looking and praying for a help mate. When he has her...ego sets in...kinda had his manhood ripped off shocked Meritl felt that way...we all helped grin

Lol, you are right.
I'm forever thankful for the help you guys gave. I and my wife are doing fine. Honestly ehn!, I would have been in a deep mess if not for my wife.
And I wouldn't have been able to make that quick "will you marry me " question if not for guru Solowise,Ferdimako, Damkollins and others I can't really remember.
I'm grateful to you all as my marriage has brought me good job. One that pays me 3x my former. One which may have me thinking of permanently moving or just wifey.
Anyways, I'll keep the house posted while I wait for the PER.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 10:48pm On Nov 23, 2014
justwise:
My apologies for the hidden posts especially to sensible and helpful members here who have been doing all they can to help and keep this thread going.

I did not want this thread to be derailed by few individuals.

@Solomonwis' keep doing what you are doing, telling people to do the right thing is not always popular especially with some Nigerians.
Justwise, this forum is a part of the face of Nigerians abroad. Can you please, delete most if not all of the interactions and counter-interactions on the last 3 pages. It is a bad signal to the newbies on the thread. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
zaliya:

For settlement funds, I have excess for the required funds in my account statement, do I declare the exact amount needed for a family of five or just leave it the way it is (higher amount)? Thanks

You don't need to notarize any document except your documents are in other language other than English. In that case,you'd notarize the translated copies and include as part of the documents to be forwarded to the CIO.

You can check up the exchange rate on www.oanda.com. Please make allowance for exchange fluctuation/ or you can call your local bank for the exchange rate.

There's no penalty for having money in excess of the required fund,in fact it is it your advantage. So present the fund the way it is.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:13pm On Nov 23, 2014
zaliya:

If all your documents was never translated from your native language to English or French....no need to notorize them.
You are only expected to notorize photocopies of any native language written documents which has been translated as evidence in your package .
If you have not translated any document ,safe your cash as there is no need.
Meanwhile ,you will not be penalized if you notorize without translation .
Currently,it's like #244,109 with exchange rate of #157.49......meanwhile ,a friend whose credit card was charged by CIC late on Friday discovered that they used #162.86 to debit his account .
Please leave it at the higher amount as it is since naira seems to be falling.....don't make it exact,make it higher.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2014
solomonwis:

You don't need to notarize any document except your documents are in other language other than English. In that case,you'd notarize the translated copies and include as part of the documents to be forwarded to the CIO.

You can check up the exchange rate on www.oanda.com. Please make allowance for exchange fluctuation/ or you can call your local bank for the exchange rate.

There's no penalty for having money in excess of the required fund,in fact it is it your advantage. So present the fund the way it is.
Same same same same grin
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bo2014: 5:18am On Nov 24, 2014
Hello House,

How does universities respond to WES verification request?
Email or Airmail?
I need your assistance to enable me follow up on my school.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ken1982: 5:52am On Nov 24, 2014
hey house, my question today is....

if my wife gains a one year pgd program study in canada what are her chances of settling in canada after that

and what are our chances of visiting her or settling as well
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zaliya(f): 7:28am On Nov 24, 2014
Thanks so much for your responses, Solomonwis and Damkollins!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2014
Meritl:

Lol, you are right.
I'm forever thankful for the help you guys gave. I and my wife are doing fine. Honestly ehn!, I would have been in a deep mess if not for my wife.
And I wouldn't have been able to make that quick "will you marry me " question if not for guru Solowise,Ferdimako, Damkollins and others I can't really remember.
I'm grateful to you all as my marriage has brought me good job. One that pays me 3x my former. One which may have me thinking of permanently moving or just wifey.
Anyways, I'll keep the house posted while I wait for the PER.
Na so...muje kowai.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sevenody: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2014
Please when is this new FSWP programme ending. Is it still Dec?
secondly if I apply as the PA with Hubby and daughter. when the visa is successful but hubby does not relocate? because he's not particularly interested in relocating. can he stay back while we go? I need to include him in the application bc it will help in Adaptability scores
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 10:10am On Nov 24, 2014
Sevenody:
Please when is this new FSWP programme ending. Is it still Dec?
secondly if I apply as the PA with Hubby and daughter. when the visa is successful but hubby does not relocate? because he's not particularly interested in relocating. can he stay back while we go? I need to include him in the application bc it will help in Adaptability scores
No official statement on it closing in December. Though if u can, send before the end of December, hubby can only give u points by writing the IELTS. Adaptability point is scored only if u have a relative in Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Sevenody: 10:35am On Nov 24, 2014
SO can hubby be listed as accompanying dependent but will stay back and not relocate? he isn't interested in relocating.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 24, 2014
Sevenody:
SO can hubby be listed as accompanying dependent but will stay back and not relocate? he isn't interested in relocating.

*since he is not accompanying you, you don't need to pay his application fee.
* for the adaptability, you may not score anything since he is not going with you.
*but, if you pay his application fee, and you are given visa, though he may stay back, it don't really affect your eligibility.
Well, my thought!
Peace be unto you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:49am On Nov 24, 2014
Sevenody:
any possibility that someone who didn't get up to 67 points still be successful in the application

NO
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 24, 2014
Shyee:

*since he is not accompanying you, you don't need to pay his application fee.
* for the adaptability, you may not score anything since he is not going with you.
*but, if you pay his application fee, and you are given visa, though he may stay back, it don't really affect your eligibility.
Well, my thought!
Peace be unto you
I think hubby's fees should be paid even when unaccompanying. You don't get any points from your spouse unless they do IELTS or have worked or studied in Canada under the stated duration and time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.