Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (267) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828892 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 5:32pm On May 23, 2015
JesusDWay:
The EE 9th draw has been done.

755 was the cut off score and 1361 ITAs were issued.

755? that's deep.. Am pretty sure it's because provinces' have started sending out their own nominations (remember you get 600 points if nominated by a province)..

And to think someone was hoping it will drop to 200 ..lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by lavivaavril(f): 5:38pm On May 23, 2015
The whole process seems long. After going all the way, they will now peg scores at 755? That's quite disappointing. I know it's not a fixed score but are there other immigration programmes (if possible, other countries) that are less tedious?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 7:30pm On May 23, 2015
lavivaavril:
The whole process seems long. After going all the way, they will now peg scores at 755? That's quite disappointing. I know it's not a fixed score but are there other immigration programmes (if possible, other countries) that are less tedious?

That's Canada for you.. After all we still have people who applied over a year just getting their visa May this year..

Come to think of it, i wonder if anyone who applied through EE this year has gotten their PER.

But in their defence.. There are a whole lot of people applying for limited slots.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2015
kiss
mozo:

That's Canada for you.. After all we still have people who applied over a year just getting their visa May this year..

Come to think of it, i wonder if anyone who applied through EE this year has gotten their PER.

But in their defence.. There are a whole lot of people applying for limited slots.

I read someone's account who is already there and is working, the person went via EE

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:25pm On May 23, 2015
lavivaavril:

I guess it was really disappointing, infact, it appears some people even cried. Even me was already looking and thinking Australia grin. Apparently, some people got Provincial Nomination while some possibly got a job with LMIA. The latter category might likely be the ones in a larger number as I've observed quite a lot of those in the EE pool are folks who are already in Canada working with their post-graduate work permit and seeking to change to a PR visa so, you see why it may seem some have an advantage already. It's sensible somehow if CIC would push for those who are already there, possibly why the draw took so long to happen.

The information going around is that CIC plans to bring in 185,000 immigrants this year. The number of EE PNPs awarded to provinces are likely under 6,000 while getting an LMIA supported job doesn't seem to be very easy. The normal PNPs and some fringe programmes I can estimate to be like 50,000 and if we consider the number of ITAs issued already which should possibly be like 12,000 max, we can do the math and conclude on what the chances are for those who may not get a PNP or LMIA supported job.

N.B: the figures are my own estimates and not exact, and they are just brought up to let's have a picture of what can still happen. We must however consider that the backlogs of those who applied for FSW and the other federal programmes last year are likely counted among the 185,000
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 1:43am On May 24, 2015
JesusDWay:

I guess it was really disappointing, infact, it appears some people even cried. Even me was already looking and thinking Australia grin. Apparently, some people got Provincial Nomination while some possibly got a job with LMIA. The latter category might likely be the ones in a larger number as I've observed quite a lot of those in the EE pool are folks who are already in Canada working with their post-graduate work permit and seeking to change to a PR visa so, you see why it may seem some have an advantage already. It's sensible somehow if CIC would push for those who are already there, possibly why the draw took so long to happen.

The information going around is that CIC plans to bring in 185,000 immigrants this year. The number of EE PNPs awarded to provinces are likely under 6,000 while getting an LMIA supported job doesn't seem to be very easy. The normal PNPs and some fringe programmes I can estimate to be like 50,000 and if we consider the number of ITAs issued already which should possibly be like 12,000 max, we can do the math and conclude on what the chances are for those who may not get a PNP or LMIA supported job.

N.B: the figures are my own estimates and not exact, and they are just brought up to let's have a picture of what can still happen. We must however consider that the backlogs of those who applied for FSW and the other federal programmes last year are likely counted among the 185,000

185k is the total number of immigrants in one particular year, from all the programs not just express entry. Such programs include: caregivers, spousal visas, grand parents, parents, children, dependants, refugees e.t.c less than 80,000 are gonna be invited via express entry..

www.cicnews.com/2014/11/canada-aims-attract-285000-immigrants-2015-114047.html
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 8:40am On May 24, 2015
Pls can you post the portion of the EE CRS criteria you quoted in your post "Certificate issued by a Canadian territory"?

Because if it's the 50points relating to this "Certificate of qualification (for people in trade occupations)", sorry to burst your bubble, it only applies to federal skilled trade applicants not federal skilled workers. Accounting is also not part of the entry-to-practice professions whose professional degrees can be assessed as masters. Law, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry etc are.

Your best bet in my opinion and what I've seen other ACCA holders do, is to send their ACCA transcript to WES for assessment, I'm currently awaiting my WES ICAN evaluation as well. It will most likely be assessed as a 3year bachelor's degree and you can then input two post secondary degrees in your EE profile.

Your CGA will work in your favor after you have been issued an ITA and seeking a job where you'll practise as an accountant.

Hope this helps.

flystanny007:
Hello everyone,

I need help please. I have a BSC in Accounting , plus a professional certificate (ACCA) which is the awarded by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants UK. However there is a Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA) between ACCA and CGA Canada (Certified General Accountants). I have applied to CGA and will be getting the certificate in a few days time. So my question is this. Does the certificate from CGA qualify for points under the requirement of a "Certificate issued by a Canadian territory"?

Is there anyone in my same situation? I plan to include it because it adds a whooping 50 points to my CRS score.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by abyurla(f): 8:50am On May 24, 2015
Laffs, no wahala

A beg is Nova Scotia pnp open?

JesusDWay:

Correct! Your head dey there jare! cheesy Sorry mods for using pidgin grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mcphems: 1:38pm On May 24, 2015
pls I submitted an application in nov 2014 but my International passport will be expiring in September. Do I have to notify ACCRA when the passport is renewed?

Thank you
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 2:18pm On May 24, 2015
mcphems:
pls I submitted an application in nov 2014 but my International passport will be expiring in September. Do I have to notify ACCRA when the passport is renewed?

Thank you

Sure, you'll have to, if your VISA has not been issued to you.
By my estimates, that will be the month you are to get your MR.
Just my calculations.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by aspirebig: 7:46pm On May 24, 2015
The exchange rate is not helping matter at all. Chai.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 9:17pm On May 24, 2015
abyurla:
Laffs, no wahala

A beg is Nova Scotia pnp open?

There's Nova Scotia PNP and there's Nova Scotia Demand, which is the one that is linked to Express Entry and yes, it's open presently but, there are specific occupations they want people for. Kindly check their site, I'm sorry I can't provide the link right now
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by G12(m): 11:43am On May 25, 2015
Greetings house.
I found this thread why I was making research regarding my IELTS score. My aggregate score is 6.5: 7.0, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5.
Someone that was referred to me who lives in Canada, and should have assisted me with the application process told me that I "failed" after telling him score.

I wasn't comfortable with the way he said it, so I decided to gather some information myself. From what I have read here, it seems I am qualified. Please house, can someone guide on how to start from here. My intention was to apply as a skilled immigrant(express entry).

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 11:57am On May 25, 2015
G12:
Greetings house.
I found this thread why I was making research regarding my IELTS score. My aggregate score is 6.5: 7.0, 6.5, 6.5, 6.5.
Someone that was referred to me who lives in Canada, and should have assisted me with the application process told me that I "failed" after telling him score.

I wasn't comfortable with the way he said it, so I decided to gather some information myself. From what I have read here, it seems I am qualified. Please house, can someone guide on how to start from here. My intention was to apply as a skilled immigrant(express entry).

Thanks

No you haven't failed. To qualify you need to score a, minimum of 6 in each which you've already achieved. However the problem is without an LMO or PNP these scores won't give you high points. My suggestion is is that if you do not have LMO or PNP which would give you extra 600 points, prepare very well and take the test again and again this time try to score 7 in W, R & S and 7.5 in listening.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by G12(m): 12:32pm On May 25, 2015
zandora:

No you haven't failed. To qualify you need to score a, minimum of 6 in each which you've already achieved. However the problem is without an LMO or PNP these scores won't give you high points. My suggestion is is that if you do not have LMO or PNP which would give you extra 600 points, prepare very well and take the test again and again this time try to score 7 in W, R & S and 7.5 in listening.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Please, what is LMO and PNP? will I need either of them to complement my IELTS score? If yes, how do I go about it?

Thanks once more.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:03pm On May 25, 2015
Great Nairalanders

I asked my aunt in the UK to help with WES payment while I transfer the equivalent to her Nigerian account, the thing is she's having issues with the payment but I got a reference number already with status reading thus[b] Amount paid;0.00 Balance Due;322.05[/b].
Is it possible for one to get a reference number without payment
Pls my ancestors explain ASAP as I'm confused.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by crazyinlove: 2:05pm On May 25, 2015
Hello my good people,

How are we doing today. Please my application for FSWP was received on the 4th of December, 2014. I used CC but my account was not debitted, however, I have not received my package from CIC since then. What should I do biko una my lovely people.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 2:54pm On May 25, 2015
G12:

Thanks very much for your reply.

Please, what is LMO and PNP? will I need either of them to complement my IELTS score? If yes, how do I go about it?

Thanks once more.

LMO or LMIA is what an employer files for you if you're given a valid job offer. PNP ie Provincial Nomination Program applies to if a province nominates you. They both have nothing to do with your IELTS but having either will fetch you additional 600 points which will most likely guarantee you an ITA. Excellent scores in IELTS on the other hand could fetch you 50 additional points or more which will help with your score and hence improve your chances of being selected.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by twaintoy(f): 3:38pm On May 25, 2015
zandora:

LMO or LMIA is what an employer files for you if you're given a valid job offer. PNP ie Provincial Nomination Program applies to if a province nominates you. They both have nothing to do with your IELTS but having either will fetch you additional 600 points which will most likely guarantee you an ITA. Excellent scores in IELTS on the other hand could fetch you 50 additional points or more which will help with your score and hence improve your chances of being selected.
Got one funny question. How can one get a job in canada from Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 4:15pm On May 25, 2015
twaintoy:
Got one funny question. How can one get a job in canada from Nigeria?

Same way you apply for a regular job over here.. via the company website.

Few companies will state a job position is 'open to foreign nationals', And even fewer companies would want to employ a foreign national to fill a contract/temporary role. Its got to be a permanent/important position.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 4:23pm On May 25, 2015
Kirri:

Great Nairalanders

I asked my aunt in the UK to help with WES payment while I transfer the equivalent to her Nigerian account, the thing is she's having issues with the payment but I got a reference number already with status reading thus[b] Amount paid;0.00 Balance Due;322.05[/b].
Is it possible for one to get a reference number without payment
Pls my ancestors explain ASAP as I'm confused.

When i saw your greeting, i smiled cos i thought you had dropped the 'my ancestors' greeting till got to the end ..lol

Na, once you receive a reference code/number it means payment has been made.

You'll receive two mails from WES.. One confirming your account has been created and the second(after payment has been made)informing you your order is now pending till they receive your docs
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 4:27pm On May 25, 2015
aspirebig:
The exchange rate is not helping matter at all. Chai.

Kai bros don't even go there..lol
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by G12(m): 4:34pm On May 25, 2015
zandora:

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain.

I really wish to commence my application with my current IELTS score. I don't already have the LMO or LMIA, please how do I go about that to get the 600 points?

I really appreciate your support.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ozzy2: 7:43pm On May 25, 2015
Please someone should assist me with WES email address.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 25, 2015
contactca@wes.org
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by henmaris: 12:25am On May 26, 2015
Atlast the long wait is over.Got passport request yesterday.
Visa office: Paris
Application date: 25th August 2014
Per: December
AOR:Mid January
MR: Mid January
Medical Done: January 31st
Medical received (3rd line update): February 7
Passport request: May 25
Entire process= 9months
Good luck to all those waiting. It's a difficult journey but it's worth the wait.Best Wishes

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mozo: 9:19am On May 26, 2015
henmaris:
Entire process= 9months
Good luck to all those waiting. It's a difficult journey but it's worth the wait.Best Wishes

Congrats
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by stello(f): 9:25am On May 26, 2015
zandora:

Please at what point should one apply for a PNP or LMO during this whole process.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DoubleBam2X: 10:23am On May 26, 2015
Congrats!

henmaris:
Entire process= 9months
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sophisticat: 10:57am On May 26, 2015
henmaris:
Entire process= 9months

CONGRATS!!!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by princecharles28: 11:55am On May 26, 2015
henmaris:
Entire process= 9months

This doesn't seem like a long wait. Ask the guys awaiting MR from Ghana visa office and they will explain. LOL! Congrats by the way.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Julietdanny: 12:56pm On May 26, 2015
dober:

I don't understand. Are you talking about express entry or a provincial nominee program?
Both

(1) (2) (3) ... (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) (270) ... (322)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.