Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,170 members, 7,821,970 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (829160 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fizzile(m): 1:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Wow!! Am really amazed at the maturity in this group. Kudos to you guys. I have taken some time to read some comments and really want to take out this time to get some information as I commence. First of all am 28years,a have a Bachelor's degree in botany and just completed a postgraduate diploma degree in geography and environmental science. I have some professional qualifications in Health safety and environment and also Environmental impact assessment. In my IELTS general test,I was able to come out with an overall bandscore of 6.5. In terms of my work experience,I have worked for a private firm owned by a neighbour for about 4years now. I want to ascertain if these information will be of help and what steps I can take to apply for immigration to Canada. Will appreciate your response. @dupyshoo,I will also appreciate having your number for more communication. God bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 6:26am On Sep 18, 2015
fizzile:
Wow!! Am really amazed at the maturity in this group. Kudos to you guys. I have taken some time to read some comments and really want to take out this time to get some information as I commence. First of all am 28years,a have a Bachelor's degree in botany and just completed a postgraduate diploma degree in geography and environmental science. God bless.
Hi fizzile, your ielts scores is quite low and I will advice you resit and target like 8.0 all round.note that CRS scores above 460 will give you a good chance of getting selected in the draw.i am sure your pad will help a bit.you can try and calculate what your CRS score will be using the online CRS calculator.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 6:32am On Sep 18, 2015
fizzile:
Wow!! Am really amazed at the maturity in this group. Kudos to you guys. I have taken some time to read some comments and really want to take out this time to get some information as I commence. First of all am 28years,a have a Bachelor's degree in botany and just completed a postgraduate diploma degree in geography and environmental science. I have some professional qualifications in Health safety and environment and also Environmental impact assessment. In my IELTS general test,I was able to come out with an overall bandscore of 6.5. In terms of my work experience,I have worked for a private firm owned by a neighbour for about 4years now. I want to ascertain if these information will be of help and what steps I can take to apply for immigration to Canada. Will appreciate your response. @dupyshoo,I will also appreciate having your number for more communication. God bless.

My 2 cents, retake your IELTS and aim for a bandscore 7 (L8, R7, S7, W7) that can boost your points to 462! Which is massive. I assume your qualifications will be graded as two or more certificates which is slightly higher than bsc only. So get ur qualifications evaluated by WES (preferably) and improve on ur ielts score.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fizzile(m): 7:29am On Sep 18, 2015
Issydebo:

My 2 cents, retake your IELTS and aim for a bandscore 7 (L8, R7, S7, W7) that can boost your points to 462! Which is massive. I assume your qualifications will be graded as two or more certificates which is slightly higher than bsc only. So get ur qualifications evaluated by WES (preferably) and improve on ur ielts score.
PLEASE CAN U HELP ME INTERPRETE THIS: Your results
Core/Human factors

Age = 110
Level of education = 128
Official Languages = 86
First Official Language = 86
Second Official Language = 0
Canadian work experience = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 324

Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 25

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 50

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 374

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 374
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 7:33am On Sep 18, 2015
Luvmuma...any news? cry
Luvmuma:
Dear members, has anyone from FSWP December 2014 received any MR. We December applicants seem to be left in the dark. Please help cool our temper oooo. [color=#550000][/color]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2015
fizzile:
PLEASE CAN U HELP ME INTERPRETE THIS: Your results
Core/Human factors

Age = 110
Level of education = 128
Official Languages = 86
First Official Language = 86
Second Official Language = 0
Subtotal - Core/Human capital factors = 324

Spouse factors

Level of education = 0
First Official Languages = 0
Subtotal - Spouse factors = 0

Skill transferability factors

Education

A) Official Language proficiency and education = 25
B) Canadian work experience and education = 0
Subtotal = 25

Foreign work experience

A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 25
B) Canadian and foreign work experience B) = 0
Subtotal = 25

Certificate of qualification = 0

Subtotal Skill transferability factors = 50

Comprehensive Ranking System formula

Subtotal Core/Human capital + Spouse factors + Skill transferability = 374

Additional points = 0

Grand total = 374

Ur current CRS score is 374 as indicated. Like I noted earlier, retaking ur IELTS and achieving a band 7 or 8 (L8, R7, W7, S7) will bump you up to 460+ which is a very good score going by recent draws. My interpretation is that you wont stay in the pool for long with that score. But for now, you're under water as with most would-be migrants (i'm sub 450 myself).
So retake ur IELTS (another 40k i know) and evaluate your credentials (about CAD$322 with WES) and start building your account balance (approx. CAD$12,000 assume you're single).
To summarize:
1. Evaluate your qualification
2. Retake IELTS (1 and 2 can be done concurrently)
3. Get yourself in the pool asap.

You can get more tips if you take the pain of going through prior posting for further guidance. Happy to be of help as I've gained much myself from reading thru. Touch base with Zandora (in need though)

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 8:46am On Sep 18, 2015
I agree with Issydebo. These are the steps you need to take. I have also quoted my advise on practising for IELTS, who knows it might be of help to you.

Issydebo:

Ur current CRS score is 374 as indicated. Like I noted earlier, retaking ur IELTS and achieving a band 7 or 8 (L8, R7, W7, S7) will bump you up to 460+ which is a very good score going by recent draws. My interpretation is that you wont stay in the pool for long with that score. But for now, you're under water as with most would-be migrants (i'm sub 450 myself).
So retake ur IELTS (another 40k i know) and evaluate your credentials (about CAD$322 with WES) and start building your account balance (approx. CAD$12,000 assume you're single).
To summarize:
1. Evaluate your qualification
2. Retake IELTS (1 and 2 can be done concurrently)
3. Get yourself in the pool asap.

You can get more tips if you take the pain of going through prior posting for further guidance. Happy to be of help as I've gained much myself from reading thru. Touch base with Zandora (in need though)

dupyshoo:
I received my IELTS results on Friday with scores of L8.5 R8.5 W7.5 and S7.5, overall band of 8.0.

The preparation materials I used were Road to IELTS and The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Student's Book with Answers with DVD-ROM (Cambridge English), which I purchased from Amazon.

My preparation time was less than a week (4 days) because of my baby and work. However, the 3 days were intensive and very stressful for me.

My advice is to target full marks in the Listening and Reading Section. If you miss an answer in the Listening section, try not to be disorientated by it, just pay attention and listen for other answers. If you worry too much about missed answers, you will likely miss subsequent answers.

My strategy for the reading section was to practise with the Academic reading as they were a lot more difficult than that of General Training. So, I found the actual exam relatively easy.

For the writing section, I did not do enough preparation. I only wrote 2 incomplete essays before the exam. Also, during the exam, I did not plan my time very well as I spent over 20 mins on the Letter Writing Section. I had to rush the part II and hence did not have time to check through my essay. I just barely managed to finish the write up before we were told to submit. I also wrote more words than were required (about 210 words in letter writing and over 300 words in the essay). This really affected my score. My advice is to spent about 5-10mins planning before writing and practise well.

For the speaking section, I did not practise at all, so the section was not too good for me. I stammered a lot during the section. However, I ensured I did not stop talking and answered all the questions in the part 2.

Also, for those who are not aware, the listening and Reading are graded as below:

Listening
Band 9, 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7 , 6.5, 6, 5.5, 5, 4.5, 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5
Score 39-40, 37-38, 35-36, 32-34, 30-31, 26-29, 23-25, 18-22, 16-17, 13-15, 10-12, 8-10, 6-7, 4-5

Reading
Band 9, 8.5, 8, 7.5, 7, 6.5, 6, 5.5, 5, 4.5, 4, 3.5, 3, 2.5
Score 40, 39, 37-38, 36, 34-35, 32-33, 30-31, 27-29, 23-26, 19-22, 15-18, 12-14, 9-11, 6-8

I hope this will be useful to someone writing the exam soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fizzile(m): 12:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
dupyshoo:
I agree with Issydebo. These are the steps you need to take. I have also quoted my advise on practising for IELTS, who knows it might be of help to you.

That means I have to rewrite the IELTS test and hit an overall bandscore of atleast 7.5. 40k is no cheap cash. I just have to do it again. Nothing good comes easy. Will simply order for the cambridge ielts material with the cd den spend more time and prepare for the exam. U mentioned something about the writing module,is it that one shldnt exceed the required number of words?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dupyshoo: 12:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
You don't have to order the book. RoadtoIELTS is very good. You will get access to it after payment to British Council. Also, there are loads of online resources such as: http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/, http://www.ielts-exam.net/practice_tests/ and Youtube that you can utilise as well.

I did not say you should not exceed the words limit. My advise is that you should not waste time writing 250 words when you are required to write only 150 words. The time spent on writing more words than needed could be utilised to ensure your letter and essay are well written and that there are no spelling errors. Please spend quality time to write some letters and essays before the exam as it will help a lot.

fizzile:
That means I have to rewrite the IELTS test and hit an overall bandscore of atleast 7.5. 40k is no cheap cash. I just have to do it again. Nothing good comes easy. Will simply order for the cambridge ielts material with the cd den spend more time and prepare for the exam. U mentioned something about the writing module,is it that one shldnt exceed the required number of words?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 12:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
dupyshoo, you're just awesome. Just thought I'd add a few more websites. ieltsliz.com is a blog and she has videos on youtube. ANd so is this channel on Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKV1foPYirDHpaYrRqUF5XQ
dupyshoo:
You don't have to order the book. RoadtoIELTS is very good. You will get access to it after payment to British Council. Also, there are loads of online resources such as: http://www.ieltsbuddy.com/, http://www.ielts-exam.net/practice_tests/ and Youtube that you can utilise as well.

I did not say you should not exceed the words limit. My advise is that you should not waste time writing 250 words when you are required to write only 150 words. The time spent on writing more words than needed could be utilised to ensure your letter and essay are well written and that there are no spelling errors. Please spend quality time to write some letters and essays before the exam as it will help a lot.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by flobo: 3:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Has anyone verified with WES an ACCA chartered accountant qualification and what was the ECA assessment of the qualification , also what did the person send to WES... Looking forward to hearing from you guys
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 3:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
I sent a copy of my membership certificate and asked ACCA to send my transcript. Assessment = Canadian equivalent of 4-year degree so with your bachelors (which I presume you have) who will fall under two or more certificate. If you have a masters degree do not bother with your ACCA cos the best you'll obtain is a masters degree equivalent.

flobo:
Has anyone verified with WES an ACCA chartered accountant qualification and what was the ECA assessment of the qualification , also what did the person send to WES... Looking forward to hearing from you guys
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 3:24pm On Sep 18, 2015
Issydebo:
I sent a copy of my membership certificate and asked ACCA to send my transcript. Assessment = Canadian equivalent of 4-year degree so with your bachelors (which I presume you have) who will fall under two bachelor's degree (4 years). If you have a masters degree do not bother with your ACCA cos the best you'll obtain is a masters degree equivalent.

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fizzile(m): 3:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
@dupyshoo and Issydebo and everyother.. So ur final word to me is to resit the ielts test to improve my eligibility. Reminder: IELTS 6.5, a pgd,28yrs old,single,4years work experience. Therefore to have a higher CRS point,I should do more in my ielts test,ryt? Cos I want to start workin towards writing the next one in Calabar on the 24th of October. Final suggestions please. God bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Virgo69(f): 4:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Good day friends,

My school(Bowen University, Iwo, Osun State) is not on the WES list. How do you advice I handle this?
I have thought of a couple of ways i.e, write to my school via the Alumni, write to WES.

Kindly advice
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Most def!! Retake ielts, final word

fizzile:
@dupyshoo and Issydebo and everyother.. So ur final word to me is to resit the ielts test to improve my eligibility. Reminder: IELTS 6.5, a pgd,28yrs old,single,4years work experience. Therefore to have a higher CRS point,I should do more in my ielts test,ryt? Cos I want to start workin towards writing the next one in Calabar on the 24th of October. Final suggestions please. God bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
fizzile:

You must aim at clb 10, which is L-8.5, R-8.0, S & W - 7.5.....that's what will help you score higher but even at that, I think it's 441 you will score highest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 7:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
JesusDWay:

You must aim at clb 10, which is L-8.5, R-8.0, S & W - 7.5.....that's what will help you score higher but even at that, I think it's 441 you will score highest.

He has a postgraduate diploma that'll be two or more certificates. If you run that on the crs it's definitely higher than 441. I just checked again
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 8:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
September 18 draw - 450 lowest crs score ever
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
Issydebo:
September 18 draw - 450 lowest crs score ever

1545 ITAs issued
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bukolaben: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2015
please i need your advise, i just got married and my husband added my name. Although i have received mail to go for medicals which i have done but am to pay for processing fee but the url is not opening. Do u have the link cus i have to submit my application before friday. Please help out
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 2:47am On Sep 19, 2015
Hi folks,

I just read through the forum and I noticed an individual with a Provincial Nominee or Job Offer may stand out pretty well in the pool. However, when I surfed through provincial website, I found that provinces only nominate workers who are already in Canada on a TRV. Does this mean that a Foreign worker cannot be nominated ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 3:11am On Sep 19, 2015
DanIndia:
Hi folks,

I just read through the forum and I noticed an individual with a Provincial Nominee or Job Offer may stand out pretty well in the pool. However, when I surfed through provincial website, I found that provinces only nominate workers who are already in Canada on a TRV. Does this mean that a Foreign worker cannot be nominated ?

That's not true. A foreign worker can also be nominated but some provinces ask that the worker has ties to the province either via relatives or friends, some others ask that the worker has a specific job the province lacks and so on.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 4:41am On Sep 19, 2015
What other provinces are those ? I mean the ones that do not require your presence or relatives in Canada.
zandora:

That's not true. A foreign worker can also be nominated but some provinces ask that the worker has ties to the province either via relatives or friends, some others ask that the worker has a specific job the province lacks and so on.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Edgeoftomorrow(m): 10:47am On Sep 19, 2015
Hello,

Has anyone got HND qualification assessed by WES,My wife got HND,I am wondering if it would be considered as two or more certificates.diploma.....One must be for a program of three or more years.(more points grin)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Kevinoh: 12:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hello my people,please I need some help.

I had my Bsc evaluated late last year. I now wish to evaluate my OND for some extra points which is not in any way linked to my Bsc. When I logged into my previous acct on WES website I saw an 'upgrade report' link beside my previous evaluation which I selected and it took me to another stage where I selected the option 'add another credential'

At some point I was asked to enter the details of the credential I want to upgrade. My challenge here is that I am not sure if it is my Bsc credential which has already been evaluated or my OND which I wish to evaluate that I should enter here. Perhaps if it was a masters degree I now wish to evaluate I wouldn't be encountering this confusion considering the fact that it is an upgrade to a Bsc. I have contacted WES severally without any replies. Maybe my challenge sounds funny to them. All I want is to get a single report showing I have two or more post secondary qualifications for the express entry.

Please for the experienced ones and for those who have done two evaluations at different times, how did you go about it and how much extra did it cost?

Thanks guyz
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sophisticat: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I had an overall score of 7.5 the first time I sat for the IELTS in bid to increase my CRS. I took the test again and unfortunately my points dropped to 7. Is my first IELTS still valid or must I use the most recent result which will further drop my CRS? sad sad

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 3:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
Either one of them is VALID. Provided you're still in the 2 year validity time frame.
sophisticat:
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I had an overall score of 7.5 the first time I sat for the IELTS in bid to increase my CRS. I took the test again and unfortunately my points dropped to 7. Is my first IELTS still valid or must I use the most recent result which will further drop my CRS? sad sad

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 4:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
sophisticat:
Hi Guys,

Thanks.

Like somebody posted earlier, both can still be valid IF none is older than two years.
But then, an overall score of 7 can produce a better CRS score than an overall score of 7.5. It has a lot to do with the distribution of your scores across the modules.
So, do you mind letting us in on the distribution of your scores in each test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
DanIndia:
What other provinces are those ? I mean the ones that do not require your presence or relatives in Canada.

Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island etc but they've all practically finished for this year so you'll have to wait till next year for 2016 PNP nominations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 5:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
The one I checked was for Ontario. And nothing related to foreign worker nomination.
zandora:

Ontario, Nova Scotia, Prince Edwards Island etc but they've all practically finished for this year so you'll have to wait till next year for 2016 PNP nominations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:37pm On Sep 19, 2015
Kevinoh:
Hello my people,please I need some help.

I had my Bsc evaluated late last year. I now wish to evaluate my OND for some extra points which is not in any way linked to my Bsc. When I logged into my previous acct on WES website I saw an 'upgrade report' link beside my previous evaluation which I selected and it took me to another stage where I selected the option 'add another credential'

At some point I was asked to enter the details of the credential I want to upgrade. My challenge here is that I am not sure if it is my Bsc credential which has already been evaluated or my OND which I wish to evaluate that I should enter here. Perhaps if it was a masters degree I now wish to evaluate I wouldn't be encountering this confusion considering the fact that it is an upgrade to a Bsc. I have contacted WES severally without any replies. Maybe my challenge sounds funny to them. All I want is to get a single report showing I have two or more post secondary qualifications for the express entry.

Please for the experienced ones and for those who have done two evaluations at different times, how did you go about it and how much extra did it cost?

Thanks guyz

I think the upgrade means to upgrade your initial report. You should look for the option 'order additional report'. I tried to paste the link here but their website is currently down.

(1) (2) (3) ... (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.