Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,577 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (319) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (828290 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 5:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
Edgeoftomorrow:
Hello,

Has anyone got HND qualification assessed by WES,My wife got HND,I am wondering if it would be considered as two or more certificates.diploma.....One must be for a program of three or more years.(more points grin)

In order to assess your HND you need to provide your OND. Was the HND itself 3 years?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Lotalways: 7:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
Hello all, pls I want to register for ielts but it is stated in the British council website that candidates must register with the name on their international passport. my passport still bears my daddy's name. can I go ahead and register with that name or do a change of name first to my hubby's name before registration. kindly advise.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2015
Lotalways:
Hello all, pls I want to register for ielts but it is stated in the British council website that candidates must register with the name on their international passport. my passport still bears my daddy's name. can I go ahead and register with that name or do a change of name first to my hubby's name before registration. kindly advise.

It's best to use the name you'll use wen submitting your PR application to avoid issues. If you're going to apply using your married name then you should update your passport.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Edgeoftomorrow:
Hello,

Has anyone got HND qualification assessed by WES,My wife got HND,I am wondering if it would be considered as two or more certificates.diploma.....One must be for a program of three or more years.(more points grin)

Most HND's are being evaluated as two certificates of 3years diploma and 1year postgraduate certificate. To get more points with it however may mean she will have to be the Principal Applicant in case it's a Bsc you have and if she's younger than you and can score very high in IELTS as well. She may however still add more marks with HND even if she's not the Principal Applicant but i really dont know about that. You may use the CRS calculator to check
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 11:53am On Sep 20, 2015
Kevinoh:
Hello my people,please I need some help.

I had my Bsc evaluated late last year. I now wish to evaluate my OND for some extra points which is not in any way linked to my Bsc. When I logged into my previous acct on WES website I saw an 'upgrade report' link beside my previous evaluation which I selected and it took me to another stage where I selected the option 'add another credential'

At some point I was asked to enter the details of the credential I want to upgrade. My challenge here is that I am not sure if it is my Bsc credential which has already been evaluated or my OND which I wish to evaluate that I should enter here. Perhaps if it was a masters degree I now wish to evaluate I wouldn't be encountering this confusion considering the fact that it is an upgrade to a Bsc. I have contacted WES severally without any replies. Maybe my challenge sounds funny to them. All I want is to get a single report showing I have two or more post secondary qualifications for the express entry.

Please for the experienced ones and for those who have done two evaluations at different times, how did you go about it and how much extra did it cost?

Thanks guyz

It doesn't appear like they charge extra(at least from those who I've read of their experiences) however from what I've heard, it seems they will only award you two certs if the Diploma was done after your Bsc and not before but then, you may try.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 1:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mr JesusDway,

I have PMed you, there is something I need to ask you, kindly oblige

regards
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Garykasparov: 3:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Issydebo:
I sent a copy of my membership certificate and asked ACCA to send my transcript. Assessment = Canadian equivalent of 4-year degree so with your bachelors (which I presume you have) who will fall under two or more certificate. If you have a masters degree do not bother with your ACCA cos the best you'll obtain is a masters degree equivalent.

I am also an ACCA member, but i am owing some annual subscription, and probably removed from the register, can ACCA still send transcript of a memeber of such status?

Secondly, i got my BSc assessed by ICAS cos WES does not assess my uni. if WES assess my other degree can i used two different assessment bodies to earn two post-secondary qualification points when i apply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
keni:
Mr JesusDway,

I have PMed you, there is something I need to ask you, kindly oblige

regards

I've responded
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 4:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
Garykasparov:

I am also an ACCA member, but i am owing some annual subscription, and probably removed from the register, can ACCA still send transcript of a memeber of such status?

Secondly, i got my BSc assessed by ICAS cos WES does not assess my uni. if WES assess my other degree can i used two different assessment bodies to earn two post-secondary qualification points when i apply?

Yes you can use assessment from 2 different bodies. As for the ACCA why don't you phone them up and ask them as they would be in a better position to know if you're to pay your outstanding subscription fees before giving you your transcript.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sophisticat: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I had L-8.5, R- 7.5, W- 7, S-7, but then I actually received ITA at the last draw with a CRS of 450 but on the ITA there was a section that said you should decline your invitation if 'Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking tem, the scores are lower'

Both results are less than 2years old. So I guess this does not apply to me. smiley

Etfash:

Like somebody posted earlier, both can still be valid IF none is older than two years.
But then, an overall score of 7 can produce a better CRS score than an overall score of 7.5. It has a lot to do with the distribution of your scores across the modules.
So, do you mind letting us in on the distribution of your scores in each test?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by keni: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
JesusDWay:

I've responded

Thanks boss you got mail
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 7:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
You're good to go. It doesn't apply to you, sire.
sophisticat:

I had L-8.5, R- 7.5, W- 7, S-7, but then I actually received ITA at the last draw with a CRS of 450 but on the ITA there was a section that said you should decline your invitation if 'Your language test scores have expired or upon re-taking tem, the scores are lower'

Both results are less than 2years old. So I guess this does not apply to me. smiley

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by candykenni: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
Your result is really impressive, how can i get similar score in Listening?

Issydebo:
Hello good people,
I've been following this thread anonymously like forever. Just have a quick question on IELTS: I just checked my result L9, R8.5, S7.5, W7 and noticed that an extra 0.5 in W will give me 3 extra CRS points. Does it make sense to appeal ie request for a remark?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by DanIndia(m): 2:53am On Sep 22, 2015
Listening is the easiest section in IELTS. You just need to practice and understand the accent - that's it. Watch British and Australian movies often to help get you familiar with the sounds. Their G and J sound no different at all but if you hear them say it regularly, you'll catch it. Just listen to practice audio clips from IELTS 1-10 and you'll be ready to ace the exam.
candykenni:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 6:52am On Sep 22, 2015
Practice (and perhaps daily communication with the expats in my office)

candykenni:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 6:55am On Sep 22, 2015
interesting, pls let us know the outcome

sophisticat:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Issydebo: 7:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Garykasparov:

You have to confirm your membership status, if you've been struck off then i think it's a no. But just check with them directly
'
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:41am On Sep 22, 2015
I've not been able to login into my account and check my status on WES page. It keeps saying "Due to system maintenance, the website is unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later." and this has been on for weeks now.

Is any one else having same problems?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Etfash(m): 10:30am On Sep 22, 2015
SlowlybtSurely:
I've not been able to login into my account and check my status on WES page. It keeps saying "Due to system maintenance, the website is unavailable at this time. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please try again later." and this has been on for weeks now.

Is any one else having same problems?

The site was being updated between Friday, 18th and Monday 21st September, 2015. Then, before the update and now, the site is usually down in the early hours of the day (Nigerian time); but, it opens as from 10:20am GMT +1. So, you can check the status of your application with them now.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by SlowlybtSurely: 11:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Etfash:
The site was being updated between Friday, 18th and Monday 21st September, 2015. Then, before the update and now, the site is usually down in the early hours of the day (Nigerian time); but, it opens as from 10:20am GMT +1. So, you can check the status of your application with them now.

It just went through now. Thanks a lot. I was always checking in the mornings.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cisco123: 6:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hello everyone, I love this forum!

Please I would appreciate if someone could talk about Ontario Provisional Nomination Program. I would like to know the probability one with over 400CRS would be invited to apply for OPNP? kindly respond.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2015
This is goodnews people! Saskatchewan has reopened their Occupation-in-Demand PNP for an extra 1000 people. Check the site and click on Application Guide, scroll to the end of the application guide to see the list of occupation if yours is there. Wish us the best.

http://economy.gov.sk.ca/immigration/occupations-in-demand
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by fizzile(m): 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
JesusDWay:
This is goodnews people! Saskatchewan has reopened their Occupation-in-Demand PNP for an extra 1000 people. Check the site and click on Application Guide, scroll to the end of the application guide to see the list of occupation if yours is there. Wish us the best.

Wow!! Please can someone like me apply? I have a pgd in environmental science,I also have some professional qualifications and have ielts overall bandscore of 6.5. Can someone like me apply? Please respond.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Joshcoli(m): 9:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
JesusDWay:

this is indeed good news... thinking of going for Manitoba or Saskatchewan
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ebemio: 11:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
Its more of skilled trades, IT and engineers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:17am On Sep 23, 2015
fizzile:
Wow!! Please can someone like me apply? I have a pgd in environmental science,I also have some professional qualifications and have ielts overall bandscore of 6.5. Can someone like me apply? Please respond.

It's your occupation that matters first and foremost, not your qualification. Kindly follow the instructions as I've put it in the post. Best wishes
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by JesusDWay(m): 12:19am On Sep 23, 2015
Joshcoli:

this is indeed good news... thinking of going for Manitoba or Saskatchewan

Except you have a family or friend there who will stand in for you in Manitoba, I'll suggest you rather apply to Saskatchewan
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:36am On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

no eca demand or is it CIC that will demand it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zandora: 1:24am On Sep 23, 2015
kosplateau:

no eca demand or is it CIC that will demand it?

Both demand ECA.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Luvmuma: 4:34am On Sep 23, 2015
Dear All, to God be the glory my MR arrived yesterday by 6pm for me, my husband and children.
My timeline is below
FSWP
VO Accra
Application rec. 9th of Dec 2014
PER 25th of Feb,2015
Processing March 17 th ,2015
MR September 22, 2015

God will answer all of us as well in IJN

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by akanni(m): 5:28am On Sep 23, 2015
Luvmuma:
Dear All, to God be the glory my MR arrived yesterday by 6pm for me, my husband and children.
My timeline is below
FSWP
VO Accra
Application rec. 9th of Dec 2014
PER 25th of Feb,2015
Processing March 17 th ,2015
MR September 22, 2015

God will answer all of us as well in IJN

congrats luvmuma, i should start refreshing cos mine was on the 10th of Dec.
thank God!!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bubsykay: 8:23am On Sep 23, 2015
JesusDWay:

Thank you for the info! Do I have to be in the pool before I can apply for this? I withdrew my profile so I can upgrade my IELTS and also got my spouse to write, our result should by Monday and can get back in the pool.

(1) (2) (3) ... (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.