Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (832358 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
cheers1234: Hello good people,
Its quite interesting going through the thread here and kudos to all sharing great ideas and experiences in the forum. However I still have the following questions. Kindly assist.

1. Is IELTS also applicable to PhD student or PhD holder with publications?

2. For the application, does one need to include the name of kid and all relatives (brothers & sisters) for the purpose of inviting them later?, if yes, would the applicant have to provide the proof of fund for them with the application?

3. Also, on the application form what is the best response to 'why is your dependent not accompany you?

That would be all for now. Thank you.
1.IELTS general version is applicable to every applicants regardless of their academic heights.Besides ...there is no realistic way of meeting the 67 points cut off mark even with the maximum points in other factors without IELTS.The maximum you can ever get is about 57.It is mandatory.
2.The proof of funds only applies to your dependants namely spouse and children....or adopted child.Siblings and parents are not your dependants in this context .You are encouraged to provide proof of fund for your dependants .
3.You alone knows the reason ........it will not be used against you.Education pursuits and professional engagements are good enough reasons .Besides,I will prefer you include them even if they will not go with you.Doing that does not mean they must accompany you but meant you won't have to put yourself in a tight corner.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
Klem28: Please what is the place of a lawyer? Under what occupation can a lawyer apply?
You can check out NOC 1224......Property administrators .
I'm sure Lawyers manage properties .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 4:22pm On Aug 02, 2014
LiveStudyinSA: Hi guys,

please I need IELTS preparatory materials to ritaologun1@gmail.com
Thanks
Sent.
Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 4:38pm On Aug 02, 2014
damkollins:
[b]Sorry for what happened .
[color=#990000]

Coming back to your returned application.......how come it took you long to send again for this stream when you your IELTS and ECA was on ground? I waited till June because of the revised eligibility so i could apply under a new NOC category since i had more experience in that category.
How long did it take CIC to return it? I received it exactly 3 weeks after CIC got it. Although the processing time was way faster at the time
What's the content of the explanation letter that accompanied your returned application? They have a list of common mistakes, from which they highlight the one applicable. They also highlighted the mistake on my form
Was the second application without original IELTS result also returned? Yes it was returned. That is why i sent this new application but under another NOC category
Some for the series of questions ......the answers will be useful for other applicants in the future.....Soooooo please endeavour to share it for the whole house.
I believe your returned application helped you alot in the last submitted application.....hence it will be successful. My brother my returned application was more than valuable to me. In fact, they corrected areas with little 'overlookable mistakes by crossing out the unnecessary part, For example, your personal details on your International passport like place of birth must be consistent throughout your application. You can't write 'Abule egba, Lagos somewhere and type just 'Abule egba' or "Lagos" somewhere else.

Additionally, they ticked the correct entries so i knew they were error free.

Did you use credit card or DD? I applied using my Firstbank mastercard. Allthough they still haven't debited me
Cheers[/b].
[/color]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2014
damkollins:
1.IELTS general version is applicable to every applicants regardless of their academic heights.Besides ...there is no realistic way of meeting the 67 points cut off mark even with the maximum points in other factors without IELTS.The maximum you can ever get is about 57.It is mandatory.
2.The proof of funds only applies to your dependants namely spouse and children....or adopted child.Siblings and parents are not your dependants in this context .You are encouraged to provide proof of fund for your dependants .
3.You alone knows the reason ........it will not be used against you.Education pursuits and professional engagements are good enough reasons .Besides,I will prefer you include them even if they will not go with you.Doing that does not mean they must accompany you but meant you won't have to put yourself in a tight corner.
Cheers.

@damkollins Thanks a lot for the explanatory break down. Kindly forward the IELTS materials to me. adesojiakinlosotu@gmail.com
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
cheers1234:

@damkollins Thanks a lot for the explanatory break down. Kindly forward the IELTS materials to me. adesojiakinlosotu@gmail.com
Thanks.
The PhD stream is for people who did/do their PhDs in Canada. At least two years on it or at most a year done with it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
Ok tnx. Let me quickly register for the general training. Hopee I can still meet up before my occupation reach its limits. May God help me
damkollins:
You may try to call British council hotline to ask for possible change but I'm not too sure they gave room for such flexibility .In that case,you may needmto register for general test despite already preparing for academics for Australia.You should see it as a dual blessing for you as writing and passing both makes you fit to apply for both Australia and Canadian immigration .You may also use the academic result to apply for studies in Canada in case you neglect the golden fleece in Australia.
Just prepare well for both.......you have nothing to loose by passing both in flying colours.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 02, 2014
sexysisi: Ok tnx. Let me quickly register for the general training. Hopee I can still meet up before my occupation reach its limits. May God help me
U can check to know the pace.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hi guys,

please do I need to include the international passport of my kid as dependence with the application, even when she is not accompany me now?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
cheers1234: Hi guys,

please do I need to include the international passport of my kid as dependence with the application, even when she is not accompany me now?
Thanks

Yes,please include the international passport of all your dependents and other details (either accompanying or not).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Klem28: Please what is the place of a lawyer? Under what occupation can a lawyer apply?

It depends on the main duties of the lawyer.It will help if you give a detailed main duties of the lawyer in question.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by cheers1234: 7:06pm On Aug 02, 2014
solomonwis:

Yes,please include the international passport of all your dependents and other details (either accompanying or not).

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:14pm On Aug 02, 2014
[quote author=scrollmeout][/quote]

Scrollment, Can you please share the list of common mistakes sent to you by CIC? I believe it will be beneficial to me if not all member of this forum.
This is because I am planning to send in my application next week and I am scared to get it returned.

House please kindly share your ideas/experience of common mistakes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 7:18pm On Aug 02, 2014
House,
My wife's passport expires 30th January 2015. Kindly advise, will it fly with the CIC application?
I am the principal applicant. She has applied for another one but it will take like three months to get it done. Please don't ask me why.... cheesy grin cool
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 02, 2014
ANBAKO: House,
My wife's passport expires 30th January 2015. Kindly advise, will it fly with the CIC application?
I am the principal applicant. She has applied for another one but it will take like three months to get it done. Please don't ask me why.... cheesy grin cool
U may go ahead...when they need an update or sth, they let u know.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
ferdimako:
The PhD stream is for people who did/do their PhDs in Canada. At least two years on it or at most a year done with it.
From the applicant's information that he gave prior to my response ,there was no indication that he or she was talking about PHd stream.........infact,his or her explanation indicated (maybe i assumed too much) that he's not within Canada.
I gave him an explanation on the fact that he's a PHd holder in Nigeria looking forward to apply for FSW2014/2015 stream which will give him 25 points.
If I assumed too much,my apologies.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 8:27pm On Aug 02, 2014
cheers1234:

Thanks.
Please confirm your location and actual intentions regarding your penultimate post to Ferdimako and myself to be clarified.
Meanwhile ,the materials has been sent as requested.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
damkollins:
From the applicant's information that he gave prior to my response ,there was no indication that he or she was talking about PHd stream.........infact,his or her explanation indicated (maybe i assumed too much) that he's not within Canada.
I gave him an explanation on the fact that he's a PHd holder in Nigeria looking forward to apply for FSW2014/2015 stream which will give him 25 points.
If I assumed too much,my apologies.
Cheers
OK
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:12pm On Aug 02, 2014
Please can the house tell me the form where me and my wife needs to sign? I'm the principal applicant.
I've read on a forum where I saw sth like this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
Thanks Damkollins and Scrollmeout for that informative post. Any idea when an application will first be checked for completion and errors by CIC, is it the same day the card will be debited or before?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayofissy: 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2014
pls house i need ielts preparatory materials pls send to ayofissy@yahoo.com. you guys are doing wonderful job here
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:00pm On Aug 02, 2014
Meritl: Please can the house tell me the form where me and my wife needs to sign? I'm the principal applicant.
I've read on a forum where I saw sth like this.
IMM5669
IMM 5406
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ayofissy: 10:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
pls guys i need this ielts material urgently
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 10:11pm On Aug 02, 2014
ayofissy: pls house i need ielts preparatory materials pls send to ayofissy@yahoo.com. you guys are doing wonderful job here
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2014
damkollins:
IMM5669
IMM 5406
Cheers.

Thanks a lot damkollins.
I have read/known that we are to fill those forms separately.
I was actually asking if there is any form we are to append our signature together,in that same form.
Hope you understand.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 11:40pm On Aug 02, 2014
Hello house.
Please I've got a number of questions.

1. How do I write my name in my native language in IMM5669.
2. Under "military or paramilitary service", can I fill yes, based on NYSC levels.
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 11:52pm On Aug 02, 2014
Meritl: Hello house.

2. Under "military or paramilitary service", can I fill yes, based on NYSC levels.
Thanks.

I dont think that applies to a Nigerian because we use the latin alphabet but for people of arabic, chinese, japanese, hindus, korean, bulgarian, Russian, Ukrainian, georgian or isreali origin where they have different alphabet/signs/codes, these are mainly the ones that needs this.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kauskey(m): 12:13am On Aug 03, 2014
damkollins:
Sent.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:52am On Aug 03, 2014
Meritl:

Thanks a lot damkollins.
I have read/known that we are to fill those forms separately.
I was actually asking if there is any form we are to append our signature together,in that same form.
Hope you understand.
Apart from common law form and may be children release forms(which I'm not too sure of),there is no such form that I'm aware of from my personal experience .
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 1:57am On Aug 03, 2014
Meritl: Hello house.

Thanks.

1.Its not compulsory but you can write your native names in your dialect there.
2.Nope.NYSC does not fall into such category .
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 4:17am On Aug 03, 2014
damkollins:

1.Its not compulsory but you can write your native names in your dialect there.
2.Nope.NYSC does not fall into such category .
Cheers.

Thanks. So, I just write Not Applicable (N/A), since I'm not to leave any question blank.
Thanks to ANBAKO too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.