Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,217 members, 7,867,561 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:30 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (78) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (832589 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 5:52pm On Aug 09, 2014
damkollins:
Whao !
You really took a risk of sending your application without understanding some basic facts!......Didn't you know about this forum then?These mistakes seems like 10 applicants mistakes conbined together!........Lolz
I hope none of these were repeated in your application with CIC now?
I really wish you the best.....and for the love of what you have been through,i pray this will be favourable application tl you.
Cheers

Thanks for your good wishes. I made just two mistakes.
1. Incorrect total sum, i.e. addition of the respective fees.
2. Not filling Accra as a Processing Office.

The highlighted areas only buttressed the points.

Thank heavens no mistakes this time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:44pm On Aug 09, 2014
technolee: Very good. I wish you and your wife all the best.
Thanks y'all .
Just had to do it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2014
technolee: Very good. I wish you and yourwife all the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 7:14pm On Aug 09, 2014
Scrollmeout. Good effort from u. Those pages u uploaded are invaluable to anyone that's about sending an app. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 8:11pm On Aug 09, 2014
That's a nice exposé from scrollmeout.
Unlike others that may say " let others fall on the same trap so that the space will not be filled on time".
God truly bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 9:16pm On Aug 09, 2014
@Meritl, @damkollins, @zeelo2014, thanks for the compliment s

I have spent too much, studied too hard, and put too much effort to give up. My success is not limited by others, so why should I withhold info that could help others.

@Anbako and others yet to submit, all d best with your application. Pls remember to make copies of everything u send. I was encouraged by two of my managers two years ago, guess what? They're presently with their families in Canada at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 10:21pm On Aug 09, 2014
scrollmeout: @Meritl, @damkollins, @zeelo2014, thanks for the compliment s

I have spent too much, studied too hard, and put too much effort to give up. My success is not limited by others, so why should I withhold info that could help others.

@Anbako and others yet to submit, all d best with your application. Pls remember to make copies of everything u send. I was encouraged by two of my managers two years ago, guess what? They're presently with their families in Canada at the moment.

That's great.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 5:06am On Aug 10, 2014
scrollmeout: @Meritl, @damkollins, @zeelo2014, thanks for the compliment s

That is the spirit .........you will be surprised of what other successful applicants passed through before scaling through this torturous application stage.It goes on to say that nothing good comes easy in life.
My advice to applicants yet to submit or still tidying up their application packages wo seems to be confused about one aspect or the other,please speak out and ask questions .Don't mind or worry if the questions look realistically or practically stupid......focus on getting a positive response to make your rest.Getting appropriate response can avert mental torment,emotional torment,reduce finances involved and avoid time waste at the long run.
If you can not get absolute response in time since most users of this thread does not monitor it 24hours.....try sending a personal mail to those applicants you are sure have gone past your own level.
I wish every pre and post application stage the very best.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 7:30am On Aug 10, 2014
Hello house, Been following this thread for a very long time but wasn't really into Canada because I was initially keen on Australia. I calculated my points and would want to know ig i'm accurate or not. This is my breakdown;

Age- btw18-35 = 12 points
B.Tech (Civil Engineering) = 21 points
2 years work exp= 11 points
Ielts- Listening (7.5) = 5 points
Speaking (8.0) = 6 points
Reading (8.5) = 6 points
Writing (7.0) = 6 points
Total = 67 points.
Is my calculation accurate and am I good to go cos i'm kinda skeptical about applying with exactly 67 points. Would appreciate your inputs.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 9:12am On Aug 10, 2014
johnsontade: Hello house, Been following this thread for a very long time but wasn't really into Canada because I was initially keen on Australia. I calculated my points and would want to know ig i'm accurate or not. This is my breakdown;

Age- btw18-35 = 12 points
B.Tech (Civil Engineering) = 21 points
2 years work exp= 11 points
Ielts- Listening (7.5) = 5 points
Speaking (8.0) = 6 points
Reading (8.5) = 6 points
Writing (7.0) = 6 points
Total = 67 points.
Is my calculation accurate and am I good to go cos i'm kinda skeptical about applying with exactly 67 points. Would appreciate your inputs.
In this game, 67points and 100points carries the same weight. Don't be skeptical over what doesn't exist!. Go ahead and apply. Hope your IELTS is for general training? Have you evaluated your credential too??
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 9:28am On Aug 10, 2014
technolee: In this game, 67points and 100points carries the same weight. Don't be skeptical over what doesn't exist!. Go ahead and apply. Hope your IELTS is for general training? Have you evaluated your credential too??

Ielts is General training. Just about to start my credential evaluation...plan to apply by december cos that is when my calculated work experience would clock 2yrs as I started working November 2012. Can apply for either Civil Engineer noc or Construction estimator noc cos my job description fits in for both occupations.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 10:23am On Aug 10, 2014
johnsontade:

Ielts is General training. Just about to start my credential evaluation...plan to apply by december cos that is when my calculated work experience would clock 2yrs as I started working November 2012. Can apply for either Civil Engineer noc or Construction estimator noc cos my job description fits in for both occupations.
It is all good. I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 10:28am On Aug 10, 2014
technolee: It is all good. I wish you all the best.

The reason I was skeptical is cos someone said my ielts point will give me 20 and not 23 because my listening score is not up to 8.0 which puts me on CLB 8. I guess the person calculated it according to the CLB and not separately according to the 4 different ability.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:58am On Aug 10, 2014
cheedyH: Thank you Solomonwise. I hv my IELTS result already. The next step is to send my transcript and certificate to my assessing body right? Then after ward what's next? And how long do all these take? Thanks.

Once you ascertain that you are eligible having done a self assessment where you have a minimum score point of 67,you can proceed further.

Yes,you'd send your educational certificate to one of the approved assessing agencies and request your educational institution to send your transcripts directly to the agency of your choice.

In between when you are waiting for your ECA result,please gather all the necessary documents ready to be dispatched to the Central Intake Office.

Such documents include:

1. Your IELTS result (original copy)
2. Educational qualification (Photocopy of your Certificate and academic transcripts)
3. Birth Certificates of the principal applicant,spouse and children (both adopted and biological) (Photocopy)
4.All the applicable federal forms - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp
5.Proof of settlement fund
6.Work references relating to your eligible occupation
7.Proof of your relationship in Canada (Only if applicable)
8.Bio data pages of the principal applicant,spouse and children (both adopted and biological)
9.Application processing fee
10.All other documents that will prove your eligibility as listed in the checklist here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5612E.pdf

You can read through the thread to better understand what was submitted by applicants/migrants as well as ask questions where you feel you need assistance.

I wish you the best!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:06am On Aug 10, 2014
johnsontade:

In reference to the bold and at the risk of sounding pessimistic that December application date is way too far for that eligible occupation.

I see a lot of people diverting from some occupations that will quickly reach the cap limit to that eligible occupation just so they can fill up the spaces available. So I'd say whatever you have to do,please do it quickly.

This is however not to conclude that my projection/estimation is absolutely correct..The space might still be open up until the December that you wish to apply and if not,Express Entry will be starting in January 2015...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by johnsontade: 11:22am On Aug 10, 2014
solomonwis:

In reference to the bold and at the risk of sounding pessimistic that December application date is way too far for that eligible occupation.

I see a lot of people diverting from some occupations that will quickly reach the cap limit to that eligible occupation just so they can fill up the spaces available. So I'd say whatever you have to do,please do it quickly.

This is however not to conclude that my projection/estimation is absolutely correct..The space might still be open up until the December that you wish to apply and if not,Express Entry will be starting in January 2015...

Thanks Solomonwis, I understand you fully well but I dont have a choice than to wait till then before applying in order to claim the 11 point for 2 yrs work experience else I would be short of 67 points. I'd hope the 1000 slot doesn't get filled up before then. Last yr cap was 300 and it got filled up october ending...know there are lot of people applying but i'm kinda optimistic i'd make it. From my calculation, it would take about 35 complete Civil engineering noc applications per week to fill up the 1000 slot from May 1st till November ending.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by technolee(m): 11:52am On Aug 10, 2014
johnsontade:

The reason I was skeptical is cos someone said my ielts point will give me 20 and not 23 because my listening score is not up to 8.0 which puts me on CLB 8. I guess the person calculated it according to the CLB and not separately according to the 4 different ability.
You are responsible for your points my brother. You have calculated it correctly. Just be optimistic and ask as many questions as possible on here. I wish you all the best once again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 10, 2014
johnsontade:

Thanks Solomonwis, I understand you fully well but I dont have a choice than to wait till then before applying in order to claim the 11 point for 2 yrs work experience else I would be short of 67 points. I'd hope the 1000 slot doesn't get filled up before then. Last yr cap was 300 and it got filled up october ending...know there are lot of people applying but i'm kinda optimistic i'd make it. From my calculation, it would take about 35 complete Civil engineering noc applications per week to fill up the 1000 slot from May 1st till November ending.
You are not alone. I'm waiting to wrap my master's degree by Dec, so paper-based application may not even be for me. I await the express entry. I hope on what is reliable and doable, buddy. In my case I need 23 points from my MSc to reach 68.

U have 23 points from ur IELTS.... Oz rubbishes that effort.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 5:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
House..... Solo, Damkollins, Scrollmeout, technolee, Ferdimako and co.

Thank you all for the good job. After my last question about common mistakes, I got answers which are so helpful because through them, I found 2 important mistakes that I made and further scrutiny shows that a document is not included because of my oversight.

Now I have to wait till Wednesday to submit because the doc in not in English Language hence I need to translate and certify it. I will also make amendment as per issues on the form. It is better to wait till Wednesday and get all the necessary doc than get the whole application returned afterwards.

Dear Forumite, It is good to ask questions. Please do not be overconfident. Ask questions. Try and be 105% sure that all is right before sending your application. At this stage, I have spent so much to stop, I am deep into this to retreat.

In short, it is good to be here and let's keep up the good work.

Good luck.

BTW, I was ban for 2 days but I don't know why.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ANBAKO: 5:16pm On Aug 10, 2014
House,

I am declaring total asset of 26800CAD, a liability of 4300 CAD (I owe my bank), and encumbered sum of 22500 CAD for a family of 4. But the evidence I am showing which include my pension, account statement, and shares (stocks) equals about 50000CAD even though my Account statement and stock equals 22800CAD. Is this ok?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 5:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello house. In respect to the PROOF OF FUNDS, I've got about 16,000 CAD in my account. I've also got a property also. Do i need to include a valuation of property as part of PROOF OF FUNDS at this stage of my application.

I also intend getting a bank balance by the end of this week or next week but submitting my application by Ist week of September. Will the gap between getting by balance and submitting my application be too long.

In addition, I need some advice with regards to the SCHEDULE 3 : ECONOMIC CLASSES FORM.

QUESTION 10= I have my Aunt in Canada but I'm not using her for points under adaptability because she's still under some government benefits. So is there any need of mentioning her since she can't give me the required docs. I don't want a situation whereby I don't mention her now and I say otherwise in the coming years.

QUESTION 11= It. Seems I need to do an evaluation of my properties in order to fill this section. Please give me advice on this section.

Quite lengthy, but ............ .... Please.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:06pm On Aug 10, 2014
ANBAKO: House,

I am declaring total asset of 26800CAD, a liability of 4300 CAD (I owe my bank), and encumbered sum of 22500 CAD for a family of 4. But the evidence I am showing which include my pension, account statement, and shares (stocks) equals about 50000CAD even though my Account statement and stock equals 22800CAD. Is this ok?
It's fine.Whichever way you are doing it,just endeavour to let the evidence you will be showing be equal or greater than the settlement of fund....q12c.
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2014
Meritl: Hello house. In respect to the PROOF OF FUNDS, I've got about 16,000 CAD in my account. I've also got a property also. Do i need to include a valuation of property as part of PROOF OF FUNDS at this stage of my application.

I also intend getting a bank balance by the end of this week or next week but submitting my application by Ist week of September. Will the gap between getting by balance and submitting my application be too long.

In addition, I need some advice with regards to the SCHEDULE 3 : ECONOMIC CLASSES FORM.

QUESTION 10= I have my Aunt in Canada but I'm not using her for points under adaptability because she's still under some government benefits. So is there any need of mentioning her since she can't give me the required docs. I don't want a situation whereby I don't mention her now and I say otherwise in the coming years.

QUESTION 11= It. Seems I need to do an evaluation of my properties in order to fill this section. Please give me advice on this section.

Thanks.

Let me respond to this with somebody's very recent experience:

teejeez:

This is the mail i got from accra yesterday

I am now completing the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa. It appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada in the skilled working category.

I have determined that you may be ineligible  to Canada as a foreign national by virtue of the fact that you do not meet the Financials requirements necessary for a family of three persons ($18,0979.00) as outlined in section R76(1)(b) of the  Immigration Refugee Protection Act and the Regulations:

The skilled worker must

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members, or

(ii) be awarded points under paragraph 82(2)(a), (b) or (d) for arranged employment, as defined in subsection 82(1), in Canada.

Before I make a final decision, you may submit additional information relating to this issue. You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada. You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you). Valuations of current property are not acceptable as proof of available funds.

You have 14 days from the date of this letter to submit additional information to me. Please ensure that you quote the application number indicated at the top of this letter on any information you submit.

If your bank statements indicate large deposits, you must provide evidence of the provenance of these funds.

I look forward to receiving your additional information.

Regards,

Immigration Officer

Immigration Section, Accra

There's no need mentioning your aunt in your application as the very essence of that (point for adaptability) is not necessary.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2014
ANBAKO: House..... Solo, Damkollins, Scrollmeout, technolee, Ferdimako and co.

Thank you all for the good job. After my last question about common mistakes, I got answers which are so helpful because through them, I found 2 important mistakes that I made and further scrutiny shows that a document is not included because of my oversight.

Now I have to wait till Wednesday to submit because the doc in not in English Language hence I need to translate and certify it. I will also make amendment as per issues on the form. It is better to wait till Wednesday and get all the necessary doc than get the whole application returned afterwards.

Dear Forumite, It is good to ask questions. Please do not be overconfident. Ask questions. Try and be 105% sure that all is right before sending your application. At this stage, I have spent so much to stop, I am deep into this to retreat.

In short, it is good to be here and let's keep up the good work.

Good luck.

BTW, I was ban for 2 days but I don't know why.

That must have been spambot,apologies for that...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by damkollins(m): 9:28pm On Aug 10, 2014
Meritl: Hello house. In respect to the PROOF OF FUNDS, I've got about 16,000 CAD in my account. I've also got a property also. Do i need to include a valuation of property as part of PROOF OF FUNDS at this stage of my application.

Thanks.
Permit me to ask your family size .....if the amount you have in account is equal or more than the fund you needmfor your family size,I'll advice you to do away with mentioning or evaluating your so called assets or properties.

If you are able to get your statement of account by the end of this week,you can still use it between 3 to 6 weeks.......not a law/rule,it has worked for me before so I'm sure it's safe.

As per your Aunty,including her details does not affect you since you are not claiming points under adaptability.Just make sure you are able to provide all the required evidences as requested ..........otherwise ,ignore her details completely.

Q11,it is not compulsory you evaluate your properties.....no penalties.If the cash you have in your account is enough for your family size,I'll advice you to forget your properties .
Cheers.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
@ Solomonwise: below is an excerpts from your response to merylit's question:

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, [b]an amount equal to one half [/b]of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members,........

Shed more light on the bolded part please....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 10, 2014
Regarding POF: what if a single applicant submits a bank statement showing easily transferrable unencumbered funds of $11824 right from date of submission to Nova Scotia and maintains same amount throughout AOR , medical request period etc .... Will the person sail through?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:51pm On Aug 10, 2014
seunlovesa: @ Solomonwise: below is an excerpts from your response to merylit's question:

(i) have in the form of transferable and available funds, unencumbered by debts or other obligations, an amount equal to one half of the minimum necessary income applicable in respect of the group of persons consisting of the skilled worker and their family members,........

Shed more light on the bolded part please....

The bold explains the basis for arriving at the amount considered sufficient for each family size to show as proof of settlement fund. This has already been calculated (and oftentimes changes with time and current economic reality). The amount is reproduced in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

You need not worry about the bold as it has already been calculated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:52pm On Aug 10, 2014
seunlovesa: Regarding POF: what if a single applicant submits a bank statement showing easily transferrable unencumbered funds of $11824 right from date of submission to Nova Scotia and maintains same amount throughout AOR , medical request period etc .... Will the person sail through?

Yes,the person will sail through (and that is the very essence of having to show proof of the fund).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Meritl: 9:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
damkollins:
Permit me to ask your family size .....if the amount you have in account is equal or more than the fund you needmfor your family size,I'll advice you to do away with mentioning or evaluating your so called assets or properties.

If you are able to get your statement of account by the end of this week,you can still use it between 3 to 6 weeks.......not a law/rule,it has worked for me before so I'm sure it's safe.
As per your Aunty,including her details does not affect you since you are not claiming points under adaptability.Just make sure you are able to provide all the required evidences as requested ..........otherwise ,ignore her details completely.

Q11,it is not compulsory you evaluate your properties.....no penalties.If the cash you have in your account is enough for your family size,I'll advice you to forget your properties .
Cheers.

My family size is just 2. Me and my wife.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 10, 2014
Apart from shares, stocks,business investments, landed properties, etc..... What are other forms of assets that can be declared with respect to CIC FSW program?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tlamp: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
Hello house,

I sent my application last week Friday and I just realised I didn't include the 2 self addressed envelopes as requested. I don't know how on earth I missed that despite several checks I did before submitting. What do you suggest I do now? Does this mean my application will be returned unprocessed? Or can I send the 2 self addressed envelopes with an explanation that I omitted it in the main application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.