Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,810 members, 7,844,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306538 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 06, 2010
damola1:

My people make una help me oh.

I am a business owner, who have imported from the UK in the last 2years, but yet to visit.

I have done over £500k worth of business, and do at least £20-25k with UK every month with invoices, AWB and transfer slips to prove. My partners in the UK have requested I pay them a visit. Please advise best way to go about getting a UK visa. They are willing to provide all documents that I require to support my visit. It's a VAT registered coy. In fact they have gone ahead to send me the attached file to fill, but I just went to the passport office last week to get the passport.

On the side I have 6 stores here, and so have an account that's turns over at least N10M monthly in the last 3-6 months.

I will appreciate all kind answers.

I am surprised that with the scope of your business you have not travelled outside the country - at least that is the impression I get from you.

Your business partners will need to send you a formal letter of invitation to the UK stating that you are their partner and are visiting the UK on Business. They will probably need to present evidence of business involvement with you such as previous contract documents, agreements, correspondence etc. They will also need to be clear on who will be funding the trip whether it will be solely up to you or whether they will bear part of the cost etc.

I would advise that on your application, you restrict the length of your intended visit to the duration of the business meetings possibly extended by two or three days for sightseeing. What part of the UK are they based?

You should ideally also provide evidence that you are engaged in legal business activity and are a responsible corporate citizen eg company registration details, bank statements and tax returns.

If you file the required documents appropriately , correctly and truthfully, on the basis of your claims I am 100% sure you will be granted a visa. Note the words in emphasis.

I suggest you also read the guidance notes that accompany the visa application form. You can find a list of forms here.

http://ukvac-ng.com/visa-info.aspx

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf2visitors#21136680

Forms - http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 6:49pm On Sep 06, 2010
Thank you. Even me myself, I am surprised.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jchublue: 1:36am On Sep 10, 2010
this blog totally rocks - www.woahnigeria.

I had a right laugh there.

So original and fresh

I subscribed to their email service too
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ifyfine(m): 9:57am On Sep 15, 2010
hello plz i need u na help i want to apply for a uk student visa i hv gotten the cas and hv paid 75% of my school fees bt i dnt hv enough cash to for mentains fee wish is abt 5400 pound but i gt control of a guy who will build a feak statement of account{uba} i dnt knw if the embassy will call the bank to comfirm and i dnt knw if its going to work,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2010
ifyfine:

hello plz i need u na help i want to apply for a uk student visa i hv gotten the cas and hv paid 75% of my school fees bt i dnt hv enough cash to for mentains fee wish is abt 5400 pound but i gt control of a guy who will build a feak statement of account{uba} i dnt knw if the embassy will call the bank to comfirm and i dnt knw if its going to work,

go ahead with it, if you want to. . . . .

if the embassy fails to detect, good for you.

if the embassy detects, 10years ban.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 10:27am On Sep 15, 2010
^^^ & @ifyfine
my 2nd cuz (lawyer) gave another of my 2nd cuz his bank statement which had over 3 mil n other supporting docs but my stupid cuz ended up using a fake bank statement in his own name, uk high commission detected n he was refused a visa. am sure he has a 10 yr ban now but d guy no talk cos of shame, all he said was dat he was refused a visa. it was my lawyer cuz dat told us d full gist. d mumu has been to d uk on a 6 months visit visa b4 oh, cum do renewal na, e go 4k up big time.

like funky baby stated:

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:34am On Sep 15, 2010
ceasyc:

^^^ & @ifyfine
my 2nd cuz (lawyer) gave another of my 2nd cuz his bank statement which had over 3 mil n other supporting docs but my silly cuz ended up using a fake bank statement in his own name, uk high commission detected n he was refused a visa. am sure he has a 10 yr ban now but d guy no talk cos of shame, all he said was dat he was refused a visa. it was my lawyer cuz dat told us d full gist. d mumu has been to d uk on a 6 months visit visa b4 oh, come do renewal na, e go 4k up big time.

grin grin grin
just one word to describe the guy's actions: FOOLISHNESS. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ifyfine(m): 3:43pm On Sep 15, 2010
hey guys thankx for the advice, i gt 2 frnds who used dat statement around nov last yr there visa was granted dey are in uk nw dat why am confused coz i hear say if u use a feak docmt u will be ban 4 10yrs, plz i hv anoda question wat document do i need to collect frm my sponor and my sponors surname nd i are nt de sam shld i say its my uncle or jst dat i wrk 4 him nd he saw hw gud iam at wrking wit him nd wnts to sponsor me to further my education plz help me iam new wit dis tier4 stuff abegi,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2010
ifyfine:

hey guys thankx for the advice, i gt 2 frnds who used dat statement around nov last yr there visa was granted dey are in uk nw dat why am confused coz i hear say if u use a feak docmt u will be ban 4 10yrs, plz i hv anoda question wat document do i need to collect frm my sponor and my sponors surname nd i are nt de sam shld i say its my uncle or jst dat i wrk 4 him nd he saw hw gud iam at wrking wit him nd wnts to sponsor me to further my education plz help me iam new wit dis tier4 stuff abegi,

ify, think i know tht guy o. funny enuf, whats ur e-mail, somethings cant be discussed here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 5:04pm On Sep 16, 2010
funkybaby:

kinda have a problem funky, my fees will be sent to me in bits, i have 5000 pounds now, and my school fees is 11,000 pounds, as per cost of living, my cousins house is next to the school. someone told me the embassy don't wanna know that,
can i put the 5400 in my account, and show my spoonsors account without paying anypart of my school fees,
what are my options, what can i do,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:13pm On Sep 16, 2010
deneks4:

kinda have a problem funky, my fees will be sent to me in bits, i have 5000 pounds now, and my school fees is 11,000 pounds, as per cost of living, my cousins house is next to the school. someone told me the embassy don't wanna know that, can i put the 5400 in my account, and show my spoonsors account without paying anypart of my school fees,
what are my options, what can i do,

Thats true, the embassy doesn't care if your cousin's house is inside the school, you still have to show the £5400.

You have to pay fees deposit b4 the school will issue you the CAS though some schools don't ask for the deposit but you must have the whole fees + the £5400 in your account for 28days b4 going for visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 9:35am On Sep 17, 2010
justwise:

Thats true, the embassy doesn't care if your cousin's house is inside the school, you still have to show the £5400.

You have to pay fees deposit b4 the school will issue you the CAS though some schools don't ask for the deposit but you must have the whole fees + the £5400 in your account for 28days b4 going for visa application.

just wanted to be sure, must this money be in pounds, or can i do naira
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2010
deneks4:

just wanted to be sure, must this money be in pounds, or can i do naira

It could be any but if the money is in naira then make sure you use the exchange rate of the day to convert NOT the exchange rate of the day u deposited the money.

Check the exchange rate of the day u will be printing the bank statement using 'oanda currency converter' to know if you are runing short or not.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by hafizy: 9:49pm On Sep 19, 2010
@@@@ ifyfine, please i will advise you not to use any document that is not genuie okay the uk embassy strictly goes against this your friends that used it earlier might not tell you the truth about it all there are too kind of people in this world the sincere ones and the other , so try and make sure you documents are genuie , when is your university resuming , if so i can be of help!!!!!! , so we keep talking on nairaland okay. but i still persist do not use a false document okay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:10am On Sep 21, 2010
oluwa12002:

This is wonderful, free visa to US, I can't believe this. I never believed it in the first place but it is true.

www.touristvisas.info

You are a disgrace to human race.

People should stay away from that link he provided there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Rema2311: 6:44pm On Sep 21, 2010
Submitted my maiden UK visiting application 02/09/10 - not heard anything since, except a text on same day, stating dispatched for processing. Got hope; right?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 21, 2010
HI GUYS
Pls advise on this, i applied in 2007 for a student visa twice and was refused. Ist reason insuffient money,i reapplied again that same yr with same docs and this time was told My WAEC was not genuine, which was not true imagine i graduated frm the University and served.I appealed and it was dismissed.In 2008 i applied to study in South Africa ,i just graduated. I just applied for a UK VISA and it hsa taken 14days already.I sent an email and was told it is pending further enquries.Guys what does that mean. Please reply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2010
hello, please does anyone know how i can contact a UK immigration lawyer, cuz i have paid 4k pounds in the school, my stepbrother has a place he stays in UK, he works there, he is a citizen, and i will be staying with him, and i really don't know how to process that with my application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2010
please o, can my sponsor be my uncle who does not bear my Surname, and if my Uncle bears another surname, can the 5400 be in his account, or it must be in my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2010
deneks4:

please o, can my sponsor be my uncle who does not bear my Surname, and if my Uncle bears another surname, can the 5400 be in his account, or it must be in my account

Only somebody that shares the same family name with u can sponsor you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 4:52pm On Sep 22, 2010
deneks4:

hello, please does anyone know how i can contact a UK immigration lawyer, cuz i have paid 4k pounds in the school, my stepbrother has a place he stays in UK, he works there, he is a citizen, and i will be staying with him, and i really don't know how to process that with my application

It doesn't matter if ur stepbrother is British, you still need to show that £5400 in your account or account of ur sponsor who shares the same family name with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 6:23pm On Sep 22, 2010
justwise:

It doesn't matter if your stepbrother is British, you still need to show that £5400 in your account or account of your sponsor who shares the same family name with you.

u seem to know alot about UK immigrations, can i have ur e-mail pls,and please emm, do u knw what documents i need to get frommy sponsor, i can actually get a sponsor that has that money in his account, but emm, i need to know if they need stuffs like tax clearance, and all that, because this one is a pensioner, and he aquired his wealth sellin his houses, y am askin this is because, in the canadian embassy, they want almost everything about your sponsor, \

and emm, do u know anyone,or is there anyone here who put the 5400 in his sponsor's account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 6:34pm On Sep 22, 2010
deneks4:

u seem to know alot about UK immigrations, can i have your e-mail pls,and please emm, do u knw what documents i need to get frommy sponsor, i can actually get a sponsor that has that money in his account, but emm, i need to know if they need stuffs like tax clearance, and all that, because this one is a pensioner, and he aquired his wealth sellin his houses, y am askin this is because, in the canadian embassy, they want almost everything about your sponsor, \
and emm, do u know anyone,or is there anyone here who put the 5400 in his sponsor's account.

My email add is in my profile.

If you are above 18yrs of age then u can have the money in ur account, it doesn't have to be ur sponsor's account.BUT u still have to make sure that ur sponsor is not just anybody but somebody who shares family name with u.

BHC don't need his tax clearance or stuff. They want you to show that you have all the fees and the maintenance money in your account for 28days b4 making ur application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 7:13pm On Sep 22, 2010
justwise:

My email add is in my profile.

If you are above 18yrs of age then u can have the money in your account, it doesn't have to be your sponsor's account.BUT u still have to make sure that your sponsor is not just anybody but somebody who shares family name with u.

BHC don't need his tax clearance or stuff. They want you to show that you have all the fees and the maintenance money in your account for 28days b4 making your application

are you saying because am more than 18,i must have the 5400 in my account,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:15pm On Sep 22, 2010
deneks4:

are you saying because am more than 18,i must have the 5400 in my account,

No, i'm basically say that u can as well put the money in ur account, it must not be in ur sponsor's account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OgaMadam(f): 2:41am On Sep 24, 2010
Hi,

Re the bold, i also just want to ask what my chances of receiving visa are but please read below:

-I want to go as a visitor (friends) I used form VAF1A for visitors, what may i ask my friends whom am visiting to put in that letter - thanks.

-I used to be a student (stayed for 8 years (completed my Ba Honours and Msc)

-I was asked to leave the country cause they refused to grant me (after my studies) a skilled migrants visa. so i took 8 months before leaving.
Its been 2 years since i last went to UK. now i want to go visit and get my valuables like books etc (although in truth i want to go and assess viabilities of returning.

-I intend to tell them the truth, and include all documentation from Home office re request for "immediate leave"

-Also, i lost my job in July. But have proof of income from sponsors from then to now. My job wasnt great paying but it put food on the table.
Is it better to include mothers bank stats or my own still. and just say i do temporal agency employment and last finnished in July

I know this is a lot but thanks.

Ps. also, must you buy a ticket before applying?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dantecmu(m): 4:41am On Sep 24, 2010
ogamama

i understand what ur going tru and what u feel but i feel if u must make that move u wanna make i fink you shud consider US or canada, uk aint worth the stress,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Rema2311: 1:17am On Sep 25, 2010
No one replied to my last post, i guess you all already knew , what i didn't want to know.
Anyway, got refused the UK visa, why? I hope someone is asking.
3 reasons
1. A contradiction of travel dates between me and my cousin who invited me, i said November he said September.
2. No evidence provided showing we are related, our mothers are sisters; erm that makes us cousins.
3. They are not sure I'm coming back, even though i love my husband, my kids even more, got a business, house and yeah financially stable.

So my bros and sisters do I resubmit or appeal?
and how in heavens do you prove cousins?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:16am On Sep 26, 2010
OgaMadam:

Hi,

Re the bold, i also just want to ask what my chances of receiving visa are but please read below:

-I want to go as a visitor (friends) I used form VAF1A for visitors, what may i ask my friends whom am visiting to put in that letter - thanks.

-I used to be a student (stayed for 8 years (completed my Ba Honours and Msc)

-I was asked to leave the country cause they refused to grant me (after my studies) a skilled migrants visa. so i took 8 months before leaving.
Its been 2 years since i last went to UK. now i want to go visit and get my valuables like books etc (although in truth i want to go and assess viabilities of returning.

-I intend to tell them the truth, and include all documentation from Home office re request for "immediate leave"

-Also, i lost my job in July. But have proof of income from sponsors from then to now. My job wasnt great paying but it put food on the table.
Is it better to include mothers bank stats or my own still. and just say i do temporal agency employment and last finnished in July

I know this is a lot but thanks.

Ps. also, must you buy a ticket before applying?
B4 I answer, may I just ask a question, this 8yr stay in gand, was it al legal?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 26, 2010
Hi,im newly confirmed ET and working for a bank,a frend wants to invite me for his graduation in the uk with an invitation letter from the school addressed to me, i earn about 1.5 million per annum and would be entitled to go on leave but ryt nw i have js about 400k in my account 4 d planned 5days visit aside d money i would use to book for my hotel stay.do u guys thnk i stand a gud chance of getting a visiting visa?if not wat do i need to put in place.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2010
hello,

i have another wahala, i can actually get the 5400 + outstanding tuition fee now, with the help of my mom's banking facility, but the issue is this, the bank is a micro-finance bank, and i don't know if that is acceptable.

my question is this, can ai have the bank statement for a community bank or a micro-finance bank

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.