Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,985 members, 7,845,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306545 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2010
ifyfine:

hey guys thankx for the advice, i gt 2 frnds who used dat statement around nov last yr there visa was granted dey are in uk nw dat why am confused coz i hear say if u use a feak docmt u will be ban 4 10yrs, plz i hv anoda question wat document do i need to collect frm my sponor and my sponors surname nd i are nt de sam shld i say its my uncle or jst dat i wrk 4 him nd he saw hw gud iam at wrking wit him nd wnts to sponsor me to further my education plz help me iam new wit dis tier4 stuff abegi,

ify, how far o
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OgaMadam(f): 12:56am On Sep 28, 2010
Erico,

yes my 8 year stay was legal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 6:27pm On Sep 28, 2010
OgaMadam:

Erico,

yes my 8 year stay was legal.

Ok got yah, the reason I was asking is that, there was a lot you could have dont to have ILR in the UK for 8 years,mayB its the circle you was in aint into al that, well for starters, you dont need to buy a TKT B4 Visa, what if you dont get the VISA?its gonna be a lil tough as you now overstayed for 8 months plus thats on record,appart from the books do you have any other strong UK ties? ie kid(s) fiancee?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OgaMadam(f): 1:46am On Sep 29, 2010
Yes Erico,
The circle i rolled with were a bit strange. and i should have read info for myself instead of listen to what they said. apparently students stay had been changed from 5 to 10 years before ILR. i later found out all that was wrong.

anyways i have someone like a fiancee in UK.

I read on the HO website that if you overstay:
1. If you gave yourself up and paid your own way back out of the country you must serve a ban of 1 year. (i have been out for 2 years)
2. If you overstayed for more than 2 years and were caught and they deported you back then its a ban of 5 years because you used state funds
3. If you stay longer then its 10 years.

cant remember the exact rules but just google UK and homeoffice and overstay.

I just discovered i dont need a visa to go to UK for a visit. only thing i wanted was to minimise drama once i get that side.

please advise. thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dannyboy80: 3:41pm On Sep 29, 2010
@ Justwise,Scobby
and every other house member.please I need your advice here. My cousin was denied a family visit visa,it was a renewal though,applied for 6months.she is currently going for lessons to keep the brain working whilst she await to write jamb next year. Here is the ECO's "You stated that you are currently a student and you have submitted a letter from DR Steven's College of Excellence in support of this. The letter states that you are enrolled in a JAMB preperatory class in the college. You have not provided any other documents in support of this,such as details of the class, whether it is a full time course, receipts to show that you have paid the required fees and the expected date of completion of your studies.I recognise that your sponsors proposes to bear the cost of your visit. However,I must take into account your personal circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision.The lack of supporting documentation leads me to doubt your circumstances are as stated on your visa application form. This also leads me to doubt your intentions on leaving the UK following your proposed visit. Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(i)and (ii) of HC395.

Paragraph 2: The stamps in your passport show that you stayed for months on your previous visit to the UK.when you applied for your visa, you stated,that you would be staying in the UK for 3weeks,Whilst you did not overstay your visa.you have not provided any explanation as to why you stayed so long or what you did in the UK for this length of time.This casts doubt on your intentions in visiting the UK.Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are geniunely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC395.

Please kindly advice on what she should do next. Thank you very much everyone.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2010
please can anyone who's made a successful application, list what he/she submitted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Sep 29, 2010
Dannyboy80:

@ Justwise,Scobby and every other house member.please I need your advice here. My cousin was denied a family visit visa,it was a renewal though,applied for 6months.she is currently going for lessons to keep the brain working whilst she await to write jamb next year. Here is the ECO's "You stated that you are currently a student and you have submitted a letter from DR Steven's College of Excellence in support of this. The letter states that you are enrolled in a JAMB preperatory class in the college. You have not provided any other documents in support of this,such as details of the class, whether it is a full time course, receipts to show that you have paid the required fees and the expected date of completion of your studies.I recognise that your sponsors proposes to bear the cost of your visit. However,I must take into account your personal circumstances in Nigeria when coming to my decision.The lack of supporting documentation leads me to doubt your circumstances are as stated on your visa application form. This also leads me to doubt your intentions on leaving the UK following your proposed visit. Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are genuinely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(i)and (ii) of HC395.Paragraph 2: The stamps in your passport show that you stayed for months on your previous visit to the UK.when you applied for your visa, you stated,that you would be staying in the UK for 3weeks,Whilst you did not overstay your visa.you have not provided any explanation as to why you stayed so long or what you did in the UK for this length of time.This casts doubt on your intentions in visiting the UK.Therefore,on the balance of probabilities,I am not satisfied that you are geniunely seeking entry as a visitor for a limited period not exceeding 6months or that you intend to leave the UK at the end of the visit as required by paragraph 41(i) and (ii) of HC395.Please kindly advice on what she should do next. Thank you very much everyone.
I think that the ECO's points are fair enough, staying the whole 6months on her first visit was suspicious even as she stated that she will stay only 3wks, her second application lack any detail explanation, for her to stand a chance of getting another visa, she need to address those issues raised by ECO.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dannyboy80: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2010
@justwise. Nice one there,thank you very much.well,she stayed 4 months at of the 6months that she was given. So you advice address the issue stated by the ECO? What of the first parapgh of the ECO's argument? What do u advice on that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:21pm On Sep 29, 2010
Dannyboy80:

@justwise. Nice one there,thank you very much.well,she stayed 4 months at of the 6months that she was given. So you advice address the issue stated by the ECO? What of the first parapgh of the ECO's argument? What do u advice on that?

She need to provide the ECO with more details of her course/JAMB. the ECO listed couple of things that was not included on the application,eg. fees, start and end of the program. . etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 4:16pm On Sep 30, 2010
Must the maintenance fee/tuition fee be in my account during the application period after the 28 days or the money cant be withdrawn immediately I print the bank statement?

OPe was faced with this problem too, can anybody help out, or can ope himself tell me what he did,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 30, 2010
I was refused Entry Clearance in July for the following reasons;

1. Your B.Eng Certificate could not be verified using standard procedures (I used my original B.Eng certificate from UNIZIK Awka in my application)

2. The statements of account used could not be verified using standard procedures (Used Bank PHB and Intercontinental Bank Statements with combined balance of N2.5M and money was left in the account till I got the refusal notice)

Because time was very short, I deferred my admission and would like to try again this January. So, I have decided to move my account and use GTB this time around. I also intend to enclose a sealed copy of my transcript addressed to to UKBA.

Please anyone with similar experience should help advise me on the steps to take to ensure success this time around.

Thanks for your assistance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 10:45am On Oct 01, 2010
akanawu:

I was refused Entry Clearance in July for the following reasons;

1. Your B.Eng Certificate could not be verified using standard procedures (I used my original B.Eng certificate from UNIZIK Awka in my application)

2. The statements of account used could not be verified using standard procedures (Used Bank PHB and Intercontinental Bank Statements with combined balance of N2.5M and money was left in the account till I got the refusal notice)

Because time was very short, I deferred my admission and would like to try again this January. So, I have decided to move my account and use GTB this time around. I also intend to enclose a sealed copy of my transcript addressed to to UKBA.

Please anyone with similar experience should help advise me on the steps to take to ensure success this time around.

Thanks for your assistance.

[/quote

omo man, i no understand ur case o, the school stuff i understand, it happens, maybe the time they had was limited, and the school did not respond in time, i will advise u to apply 3 months to, but for the account statement, i really don't understand
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 8:47pm On Oct 01, 2010
Please I need help from the special gurus in the house. My brother wants to visit the UK. for conference relating to his private business. The question is that it is a small private security business passed down from our late dad. The business has been in operation since 1985, though not generating millions a month in income. My brother manages it full time now, but only has the company account. He does not have personal account to show at the embassy. He wants to use the company account. It will have a balance of about 400k (200k each) in two different current accounts. He's going to show invoice that some contract pay him cash. Is this a viable case? will he be denied based on insufficient funds? Do you know of anyone who has applied that owns a small business. There is tax clearance and evidence of landed property (no COF O, but receipt of purchase)and shares, we also have a renter in the house. the problem is that there is no big money in the company account. Please any advice will be very appreciated. You can also e-mail innocent.okonkwo@yahoo.com. Urgent respond abeg, house gurus. I apprecaite everyone who takes there time to reply others.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:09pm On Oct 01, 2010
chiazogom:
Please I need help from the special gurus in the house. My brother wants to visit the UK. for conference relating to his private business. The question is that it is a small private security business passed down from our late dad. The business has been in operation since 1985, though not generating millions a month in income. My brother manages it full time now, but only has the company account. He does not have personal account to show at the embassy. He wants to use the company account. It will have a balance of about 400k (200k each) in two different current accounts. He's going to show invoice that some contract pay him cash. Is this a viable case? will he be denied based on insufficient funds? Do you know of anyone who has applied that owns a small business. There is tax clearance and evidence of landed property (no COF O, but receipt of purchase)and shares, we also have a renter in the house. the problem is that there is no big money in the company account. Please any advice will be very appreciated. You can also e-mail innocent.okonkwo@yahoo.com. Urgent respond abeg, house gurus. I apprecaite everyone who takes there time to reply others.Thanks.
His chances of getting a visa with that amount is very slim, it will be hard to convice the ECO that he going to spend that company's money on conference.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chiazogom: 3:34am On Oct 02, 2010
Has anyone been successful with a visa application in this forum. We don't hear of any who is. My brother submitted tuesday last week and he got a text message that he should pick up. Does it go this fast? Just nervous for him. Anyone know any other person that his fast.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2010
OgaMadam:

cant remember the exact rules but just google UK and homeoffice and overstay.

I just discovered i dont need a visa to go to UK for a visit.  only thing i wanted was to minimise drama once i get that side.

really 
for an individual that has previously overstayed her visa

how's that possible?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mikeapiit: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2010
FELLOW NIGERIANS,  MY COMPANY BASED IN UAE IS PROVIDING 3 YEARS RESIDENCE VISA ASSISTANCE FOR ALL NIGERIANS HOME AND AWAY.

ALSO AFTER YOU GET THE RESIDENCE VISA, WE CAN GUARANTEE VISA TO THE FOLLOWING COUNTRIES:

GERMANY, FINLAND & ALL SCHENGEN COUNTRIES (3 DAYS PROCESSING TIME)
MALAYSIA (12 HOURS PROCESSING
UK VISA (1 WEEK PROCESSING)
USA AND AUSTRALIA (1MONTH PROCESSING)

OUR COMPANY WILL PROVIDE YOU WITH ALL THE LEGAL SPONSORSHIP REQUIRED TO OBTAIN YOUR RESIDENCE VISA WITH ZERO CHANCES OF DENIAL.

WE DONT CHARGE YOU 1 NAIRA UNTIL YOUR VISA IS IN YOUR HANDS.

ALL THE DETAILS ARE AVAILABLE AT VISA FOR NIGERIANS ONLINE WEBSITE http://www.wix.com/ttbrokers/vfn

WE ARE LEGALLY REGISTERED IN UAE, UK AND NEW ZEALAND.

NO BANK STATEMENTS! NO INTERVIEWS!  NO VISA DENIAL!  100% GUARANTEED!  ALL PROCEDURES ARE TRANSPARENT AND FRAUD FREE!

FEEL FREE TO ASK QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS ON THIS FORUM / VIA EMAIL AT vfnonline@gmail.com / PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS http://www.wix.com/ttbrokers/vfn

REGARDS

VISA FOR NIGERIANS ONLINE!

GOD BLESS THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA! AMEN
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fenix: 7:13am On Oct 04, 2010
Wow, what a great forum. I have learned so much already.

Anyways i am new to the forum and i need to rant about my experience with the British high commission.

I did my undergrad in the US and each time you go for a visa interview or renewal, you got your visa, it took you roughly 4 days, FOUR BLESSED DAYS, to get your visa.

I (stupidly?) decided to go to the UK for my masters. Its relatively cheaper than the US, both in terms of tuition and accommodation.  Little did i know that it was going to be this nerve-wracking process of waiting weekds on end with NO CLUE what is going on. THis no-interview system is very impersonal and i hate it.

I applied for the visa on the 7th of September. School was supposed to start on the 20th of Sept. This is the 4th and i am still here biting my nails and wondering just why on earth it is taking so long. I have been given two extensions by my school and the 4th of October was my final deadline. I guess i can call and have it pushed back.

I guess my questions are these:

1) Why don't they just warn people that it will take two months to get the visa? I mean the silly 28 days rule and about a month to get your visa?

2) What are the Americans doing that the British cannot do? Turnaround time for any American visa is a week MAX. Plus you know IMMEDIATELY whether or not you got it.

3) Is there even any point? Even when i do get the visa, i will have missed 3 weeks of a one year Masters program. I don't know anyone in the program and i am not given any indication of what has been learned and how much i have missed. Heck the school even canceled my room allotment.

Rant over. I feel much better now. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muami(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2010
Wow, what a great forum. I have learned so much already.

Anyways i am new to the forum and i need to rant about my experience with the British high commission.

I did my undergrad in the US and each time you go for a visa interview or renewal, you got your visa, it took you roughly 4 days, FOUR BLESSED DAYS, to get your visa.

I (stupidly?) decided to go to the UK for my masters. Its relatively cheaper than the US, both in terms of tuition and accommodation. Little did i know that it was going to be this nerve-wracking process of waiting weekds on end with NO CLUE what is going on. THis no-interview system is very impersonal and i hate it.

I applied for the visa on the 7th of September. School was supposed to start on the 20th of Sept. This is the 4th and i am still here biting my nails and wondering just why on earth it is taking so long. I have been given two extensions by my school and the 4th of October was my final deadline. I guess i can call and have it pushed back.

I guess my questions are these:

1) Why don't they just warn people that it will take two months to get the visa? I mean the silly 28 days rule and about a month to get your visa?

2) What are the Americans doing that the British cannot do? Turnaround time for any American visa is a week MAX. Plus you know IMMEDIATELY whether or not you got it.

3) Is there even any point? Even when i do get the visa, i will have missed 3 weeks of a one year Masters program. I don't know anyone in the program and i am not given any indication of what has been learned and how much i have missed. Heck the school even canceled my room allotment.

Rant over. I feel much better now.

I understand how you feel. However, I think you should mail them to enquire about the status of your visa. I submitted on the 8th of September and my passport was ready for collection on the 29th of September.

As for missing 3 weeks.I think you would catch up. Mind you, the first two weeks is usually induction and inaugural lectures. When I did my masters I arrived about two weeks late but still ended up making a distinction. So relax, all would be fine.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fenix: 8:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
muami:

I understand how you feel. However, I think you should mail them to enquire about the status of your visa. I submitted on the 8th of September and my passport was ready for collection on the 29th of September.

As for missing 3 weeks.I think you would catch up. Mind you, the first two weeks is usually induction and inaugural lectures. When I did my masters I arrived about two weeks late but still ended up making a distinction. So relax, all would be fine.

Thanks for the encouragement. I just got the text message that my passport is ready to be picked up. Now that i know it is ready, i am even more nervous. smiley

I will go there first thing tomorrow and see what is up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2010
funkybaby:

really 
for an individual that has previously overstayed her visa

how's that possible?

funkybaby, please can i get ur e-mail, i really want to confirm something from u, am so confused,, please
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by luvedup: 6:10pm On Oct 16, 2010
hello NL folks, i need your help on this issue, my fiancé has invited me to the UK for december all expence paid(he will be paying for everything), the problem is i only hav fifty thousand naira in my account, and i hav been informed that i need about 500,000 naira in my account if i want to apply for a tourist visa. my guy cant give me his  account details(for reasons i cant go into now) but is ready to foot the bill for my trip.
please advice me on what to do i really want to go visit him  cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Castalia: 10:05pm On Oct 16, 2010
Hi NL

I want to go to UK for a visit in december on a tourist visa. My brothers PhD graduation also comes up then, so i am in a fix as touching which visa to apply for. I'v got some advice earlier, but now, the issue is my brother has sent the relevant docs for his graduation - an IV letter from him, a statement of his account (dont know if d bal is OK o), and others. In the letter, he states that he is inviting me for his graduation, but there is no real letter fro the school he graduated from, is that ok?

2. do i stil go for the tourist or shld i just take family visit? (even tho he sent his bank details, i am the one sponsoring myself.

3. Experts kindly advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:11pm On Oct 16, 2010
luvedup:

hello NL folks, i need your help on this issue, my fiancé has invited me to the UK for december all expence paid, the problem is i only hav fifty thousand naira in my account, and i hav been informed that i need about 500,000 naira in my accout if i want to apply for a tourist visa. my guy cant give me his account details but is ready to foot the bill for my trip.
please advice me on what to do i really want to go vist him cry
I like to just deviate a lil bit, this guy you talking of is your sup FIANCE and he dont want to give you his account details,why is that ? when you say all xpenses paid is that paid by him or you? if he is invitinf you he hsa to give you original copies of bank stats and bills,no short cuts or else 4get Invitation/family visit that leas you to boost up your account fot the tourist VISA,hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Oct 16, 2010
Castalia:

Hi NLI want to go to UK for a visit in december on a tourist visa. My brothers PhD graduation also comes up then, so i am in a fix as touching which visa to apply for. I'v got some advice earlier, but now, the issue is my brother has sent the relevant docs for his graduation - an IV letter from him, a statement of his account (dont know if d bal is OK o), and others. In the letter, he states that he is inviting me for his graduation, [b]but there is no real letter fro the school he graduated from, is that ok?[/b]2. do i stil go for the tourist or shld i just take family visit? (even tho he sent his bank details, i am the one sponsoring myself.
3. Experts kindly advice

He needs to get the IV from his school. signed and stamped by the school else ur chances of getting a visa is zero. Apply for family visit and make sure u have a strong tie to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.