Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,794 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306258 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by axeman85(m): 11:38am On Aug 14, 2010
funkybaby, ceasy, ericko2k2, vicjustice. 

Pls any of u guys in the uk, so dat I can call nd discuss wth thanks. My number is   pls wud appreciate if either of u can contact me,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opeolatoye: 3:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
Thanks to Y'all, esp Justwise, I got my student visa today just afta 16working days,

I really thank God and all of you too, I am really proud of myslf today, cos I did it by myslf with the help of guidance from you guys, House, pls dont be deceived, you can do it by yurslf, Go to UKBA website, read and digest, all yu need is dere, be truthful, no lies,

God dat did mine will do yours, best wishes, I'll keep in touch,

This is wat I did,

Paid 60% of my schl fees, my CAS was sent, got my degree cert, O'level cert, transcripts etc(in short all docx dat was used to assess me for the admission), 5400 maintenance plus balance of tuition was in my acct for 30days, downloaded d right forms and filld, and i applied, no hassles, Thank God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 3:13pm On Aug 18, 2010
opeolatoye:

Thanks to Y'all, esp Justwise, I got my student visa today just afta 16working days,
I really thank God and all of you too, I am really proud of myslf today, cos I did it by myslf with the help of guidance from you guys, House, pls dont be deceived, you can do it by yurslf, Go to UKBA website, read and digest, all yu need is dere, be truthful, no lies, God dat did mine will do yours, best wishes, I'll keep in touch,
This is wat I did, Paid 60% of my schl fees, my CAS was sent, got my degree cert, O'level cert, transcripts etc(in short all docx dat was used to assess me for the admission), 5400 maintenance plus balance of tuition was in my acct for 30days, downloaded d right forms and filld, and i applied, no hassles, Thank God

I'm really happy for you, and u surely have to be proud of urself. Good luck with your studies here and thanks for coming back to share with everybody here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 5:46pm On Aug 18, 2010
Guys,

please only serious and sincere person to respond.

i like to visit UK for my annual leave but i have nobody to invite me

and i don't want to go thru tourism,why?,i can't appeal it.

now if you know somebody who can arrange genuine invitation documents at a moderate price, i don't mind

let me have you response/s.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ninjabyte(m): 10:33am On Aug 20, 2010
Nice work you guys are doing here. Please keep it up. I do have a slight issue. I'll be traveling for my studies in UK next month God-willing, and i hope to have my wife join me once i'm settled. The issue is she hasn't changed her name and i don't intend to have her change it. i have my reasons. Thing is, i wonder if that might be a problem with the Visa people when she applies for one. We've gotten marriage certificate and all, but i want to be sure if the name-changing issue could be a reason for them to deny her a visa. Thanks guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:56am On Aug 20, 2010
Ninjabyte:

Nice work you guys are doing here. Please keep it up. I do have a slight issue. I'll be traveling for my studies in UK next month God-willing, and i hope to have my wife join me once i'm settled. The issue is she hasn't changed her name and i don't intend to have her change it. i have my reasons. Thing is, i wonder if that might be a problem with the Visa people when she applies for one. We've gotten marriage certificate and all, but i want to be sure if the name-changing issue could be a reason for them to deny her a visa. Thanks guys

biko.
what are your reasons?
care to share them? am curious cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 11:49am On Aug 20, 2010
opeolatoye:

I really thank God and all of you too, I am really proud of myslf today, cos I did it by myslf with the help of guidance from you guys, House, pls dont be deceived, you can do it by yurslf, Go to UKBA website, read and digest, all yu need is dere, be truthful, no lies,

God dat did mine will do yours, best wishes, I'll keep in touch,

This is wat I did,

Paid 60% of my schl fees, my CAS was sent, got my degree cert, O'level cert, transcripts etc(in short all docx dat was used to assess me for the admission), 5400 maintenance plus balance of tuition was in my acct for 30days, downloaded d right forms and filld, and i applied, no hassles, Thank God

please, i am in serious need of help, i have the school fees, but i can only pay on the 13th of september, ao also, i can only afford to put the 5,400 pounds in my account on the 13th of september, and my school resumes on the 4th of october, how and what can i do, i have about 12k pounds, and mony is not the problem, the challenge i have now is time. i aplied to the canadian embassy for study permit to canada, and i just recieve my documents back, please, do uu think i can apply on the 30th of september, and still get the visa,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:07pm On Aug 20, 2010
deneks4:

please, i am in serious need of help, i have the school fees, but i can only pay on the 13th of september, ao also, i can only afford to put the 5,400 pounds in my account on the 13th of september, and my school resumes on the 4th of october, how and what can i do, i have about 12k pounds, and mony is not the problem, the challenge i have now is time. i aplied to the canadian embassy for study permit to canada, and i just recieve my documents back, please, do uu think i can apply on the 30th of september, and still get the visa,

Why not go for Jan admission season? If the money is deposited on the 13th of Sept, u have to wait for 28days b4 going for visa application, that will be sometime 11th of Oct, then u have to wait for 15 more days or less for the out come of the visa.

You will be basically miss 3wks of the semester.

If u insist then ask ur school for 2wks extension while you wait for the outcome of the visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:27pm On Aug 20, 2010
deneks4:

please, i am in serious need of help, i have the school fees, but i can only pay on the 13th of september, ao also, i can only afford to put the 5,400 pounds in my account on the 13th of september, and my school resumes on the 4th of october, how and what can i do,  i have about 12k pounds, and mony is not the problem, the challenge i have now is time. i aplied to the canadian embassy for study permit to canada, and i just recieve my documents back,  please, do uu think i can apply on the 30th of september, and still get the visa,

justwise is right.

the main hurdle is to get the school to give you an extension letter.

some schools do understand that the processing times to get a visa could take several weeks. some schools allow you to resume up to one month after the term has officially commenced. [s]besides, they are eager to lay their hands on the 10,000 pounds or  more school fees[/s]  cool

so explain the situation to the uni and plead for an extension. you can come up with some excuse for the late application. . . . issues with the bank, passport issues, illness, etc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 12:56pm On Aug 20, 2010
funkybaby:

justwise is right.

the main hurdle is to get the school to give you an extension letter.

some schools do understand that the processing times to get a visa could take several weeks. some schools allow you to resume up to one month after the term has officially commenced. [s]besides, they are eager to lay their hands on the 10,000 pounds or  more school fees[/s]  cool

so explain the situation to the uni and plead for an extension. you can come up with some excuse for the late application. . . . issues with the bank, passport issues, illness, etc.

o.k, i can get them to do that, that will not be a problem, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by deneks4: 1:12pm On Aug 20, 2010
but even with 1 month, it will still not add up to 28 working days for the deposit, and 15 working days for the processing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:35pm On Aug 20, 2010
deneks4:

but even with 1 month, it will still not add up to 28 working days for the deposit, and 15 working days for the processing

well, its the gamble you have to take.

sometimes in life, you cant always eat your cake and have it. i guess you had banked on the canadian embassy granting you the student permit. now, you've been refused, UK is your plan B (although you left it rather too late).

if you get the visa, fine. if not guess you will have to wait till january or september next year or you have another go at the canadian study permit.

best of luck smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by savemysoul: 5:03pm On Aug 20, 2010
so i can get somebody to arrange authentic invitation documents for me on this thread.

somebody help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ninjabyte(m): 5:09pm On Aug 20, 2010
funkybaby:

biko.
what are your reasons?
care to share them? am curious cool

Lets just say it has to do with my faith. So, any take on that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 12:17am On Aug 21, 2010
Ninjabyte:

she doesnt have 2 change her last name. as long as u have ur marriage certificate, family pix, etc, u r good 2 go.
ppl have done it in d past n it worked (my cuz did d same tin), dat cant b a reason/good reason 4 refusing visa. good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bampam: 10:40pm On Aug 22, 2010
Please does anyone know how long the UK spouse visa takes in Nigeria UKVA Abuja. i kno they said 3months on their website but I'm just wondering if from experience it has taken shorter time for anyone??
any comment would be of value. thx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by runsman003: 11:16am On Aug 23, 2010
Please its 15 working days and i have not heard anything from the Embassy. What should i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shaddy(f): 4:10pm On Aug 23, 2010
@ bampam.
The Uk spouse visa takes 3 month but you need to pray that they should answer you on time.i applied for mine and it takes 2 month before they reply us back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by duke2000: 6:36pm On Aug 23, 2010
I am currently applying to renew my 2-year visa. I intend to make it 10 years is charged about N152k. However, I saw this information on the UK Visa website :Refunds will not be given if long term visit visas are granted for less than the period applied for.

I need to know my chances of being granted 10-year term. What are they looking at?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:24pm On Aug 23, 2010
duke2000:

I am currently applying to renew my 2-year visa. I intend to make it 10 years is charged about N152k. However, I saw this information on the UK Visa website :Refunds will not be given if long term visit visas are granted for less than the period applied for.

I need to know my chances of being granted 10-year term. What are they looking at?

how many times did you travel to the UK within the 2yrs?

your last visa was valid for 2yrs. ''graduating'' to 10years: your chances are slim.

its best you apply for 5years.

the 5years is also not guaranteed. you might be issued with 2years even though you paid the visa fee for the 5 years cattery and you will not be issued any refund in visa fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bampam: 9:55pm On Aug 23, 2010
@shaddy. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 1:03am On Aug 24, 2010
@funkybaby
i think the 5 years and two years visa are the same price(unless they changed it recently)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2010
netotse:

@funkybaby
i think the 5 years and two years visa are the same price(unless they changed it recently)

the fees have been changed. see below.

Category / Type / Description Fee [Naira]
VISIT
General visitor

Short term visit [up to six months, single or multiple entry] 17,000
Longer term visit - up to 2 years 57,500
Longer term visit - up to 5 years 105,000
Longer term visit - up to 10 years 152,500

Business visitor

Business visitor - academic visitor (up to 12 months) 17,000
Business visitor - clinical attachments, dental observation and PLAB test  57,500
Diplomatic Couriers 17,000

Entertainer
Entertainer visitor [up to six months, single or multiple entry] 17,000

Family visitor

source: vfs nigeria's website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teeewai(m): 11:13pm On Aug 24, 2010
hi y'll, i just made my application today, just praying for a positive result. Will kip u all posted. Got a txt dt my application has been dispatched to d british deputy high commision, i gues dats lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by netotse(m): 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2010
@funkybaby
thanks for the update. . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2010
Ninjabyte:

Though it is of advantage if your wife bears same surname with you, and it is questionable if she doesn't, but we know that in the west, it's not a serious issue since many women choose to keep their surnames especially for legal reasons. But as an African man, you could have a tough time proving what she is to you even with a recognised marriage certificate, and you would need to explain the reason why she retain her family name. Unfortunately, however, you and your wife bearing different surnames will cast doubts to the genuineness of your marriage, and that would greatly reduce your chance.
Note: Visa officers that are assigned to African countries are trained about African cultures, traditions and customs, and they know fully well that family names are very important to Africans, and that every woman in a genuine marriage bears her husband's family name; so, i wonder how you can get through with a married African woman bearing her own father's surname. It's just not credible, or maybe she's your girlfriend?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seyi08(m): 5:14pm On Aug 25, 2010
Hello house thanks for all the info. Well am planning to apply for my masters in 2011. I am aware of the tier 4 requirements. I just wanted to find out If I could use my sisters account. She resides in the UK and she can afford the tuition fee and the stipulated maintenance? or should I ask her to send the money into my account here in Nigeria? thanks for ur candid response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rmx: 10:39am On Aug 26, 2010
duke2000:

funkybaby:

how many times did you travel to the UK within the 2yrs?

your last visa was valid for 2yrs. ''graduating'' to 10years: your chances are slim.

its best you apply for 5years.

the 5years is also not guaranteed. you might be issued with 2years even though you paid the visa fee for the 5 years cattery and you will not be issued any refund in visa fees.

it also depends on the weight of the documents u attach.i have a 10 year visa ,never applied for 5 years but had some 2 years visa but got tired of applying,the ladies at the ukvisa pleaded with me to change it to 5 years i refused cos i was confident of the docs and statement i attached.
applied for 5 years for my wife after just 6 months visa,the ladies advised 2 years i refused again they went a step further to instruct us to write and sign on the application that we refused there advise for two years which we did,so if you have bank statements with some seriuos pepper,letters of reference from govt agency,international agency ,chamber of commerce etc go ahead .i think it all comes down to convicing
them that that you have a lot going for u in nigeria.cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:02am On Aug 27, 2010
Phew, I have been away from here , it feels like 10 years ago lool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ikeyman00(m): 9:46pm On Aug 27, 2010
^^^^

u went jail?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MUNEER2(m): 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2010
Please, i want to know how to apply for a UK visa in Ibadan, I'm a student of UI, i reside in Ibadan for now.
I'm just planning to spend the next summer break with a friend, please how am i going to go about it.
I already have my international passport.
Thanks, would appreciate all reasonable contributions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dannyboy80: 2:16am On Aug 29, 2010
Please i would like to share an experience i had with the BHC. I made a tier 4 student visa application, i was denied simply because the ECO said my degree statement of result was inconclusive. He scored me Zero point on that and awarded me 10points on maintance. I ran quickly to my University to obtain my academic transcripts, as soon as i got that, i made the second visa application and i was refused the second time. The ECO awarded me 30points on the CAS,of which in my previous application, he awarded me zero point, then on the maintenance he awared me zero point.saying i do not meet the required maintenance fees. he failed to go through my CAS details to see that i do not owe any school fees and also make reference to my previous visa application where i was already awarded 10points on maintenance. My school fees has been fully paid. the 5400pounds for maintenance is my account and even more than that. I just do not understand the incompetencies of these ECOs. MY CAS details clearly states that this student's course is fully paid. Where he found out that i only paid 1800pounds i do not know. What baffles me is that, my first visa application, i was denied 30points for CAS and awarded 10points for maintenance, the second application, i was awarded 30points for CAS and was denied 10points for Maintenance. I just do not know what to do. I need some advice please, Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.