Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306231 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:59am On Aug 05, 2010
bunny22:

Hi all.
I have been offered admission in a uk unversity and I'm still expecting my CAS but I just found out that my neco certificate and degree notification of result are missing.
Please I need advice on what do do as I'm going to need them for my visa application?
Please advice on what to do.

to start with, how did you get offered the admission without posting/emailing your neco results to the university?

if you do not submit your ORIGINAL neco result with your application, your visa application will be DENIED.

the 1.8mill has to stay in your account for 28days. thats all that matters. you can put in the bulk 1.8mill today and 28days later, print out your bank statement, you are good to go.

there is no need for your transcript to be in a sealed envelope. even if you waste your time sealing it, the peeps at VFS will still rip it open.

good luck !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:02am On Aug 05, 2010
ebonyman01:

@Siena, Mr Pataki, Funkybaby

Afternoon my people,

I applied for UK visa this month and i was refused on the basis that:

1. I only submitted a photocopy of sister and my brother in-laws marriage certificate (My brother in law is my main sponsor whilst a family friend in the UK is my 2nd sponsor). The ECO said that they didn't believe the relationship between me and my brother in law as they could not verify the photocopied marriage certificate.

2. The bank account i showed for my 2nd sponsor (the family friend in UK) is overdrawn by £2k, though it has a monthly inflow and outflow of £15k-£20k. The ECO said the balance of the account being withdrawn meant that my second sponsor wouldn't be able to afford my Visit (even though his invitation letter only stated that he would provide accommodation and feeding, nothing else).

Anyway, i was not given a right of appeal as it was a visit visa. I was then told by my UK sponsor to write a letter of reconsideration and include the original marriage certificate. My family friend also sent his business bank statement for the last 6 months (not overdrawn) and also, his corresponding company registration documents.

My question to the house is this: Where or to whom do I hand in the letter of reconsideration, along with all the other documents to?

Do I have to go to the new visa office in lekki, or the BHC office at walter carrington (VI)?

Many thanks in advance for any help/answers received.

letter of reconsideration ke?? for a visa refusal due to an overdrawn account??

do not waste your time writing any letter or appealing.

get yourself another sponsor or wait for your sponsor's account to be back in the 'green' and then you can reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:05am On Aug 05, 2010
temodent:

@ Siena, please I would like to know, with a 6months visa under what special circumstance can you request for an extention of your visa, granted you are already in the uk. Thank you

no special circumstance.
except the person is at the point of death in a UK hospital and has been declared unfit to fly.

you CANNOT extend a visit visa in the UK. it has to be done in nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tyolsgirl: 12:48pm On Aug 05, 2010
jikings:

Hello NL’s, I submitted my application for student visa for almost one month now and haven’t heard anything from BHC yet. They gave me a tracker ID which I tried to use online but not working. I’ve been to the office severally to complain and check but they keep telling me to check back the following week. I’m getting worried and want some advice here. Is anyone having the same issues with student visas at BHC?

Maybe you should mail them at Abuja. I also submitted and was so worried and I just got it today after 30 scary working days, I sent them an email and I got a response, so you can try it out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bunny22: 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2010
@funkybaby
Thanks for the response.

I submitted a photocopy.
I'm actually working on getting a certified or notarised copy or something. I hope I can use that instead.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jikings(m): 1:04pm On Aug 05, 2010
tyolsgirl:

Maybe you should mail them at Abuja. I also submitted and was so worried and I just got it today after 30 scary working days, I sent them an email and I got a response, so you can try it out.

Please could you send me the contact email address. Thanks!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tyolsgirl: 1:33pm On Aug 05, 2010
jikings:

Please could you send me the contact email address. Thanks!!

Here is the email address. abuja.visacustomercare@fco.gov.uk

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jikings(m): 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2010
Thanks everyone on this forum for sharing the information you had with others. I got my student visa today after wating for 20 working days!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Aug 06, 2010
jikings:

Thanks everyone on this forum for sharing the information you had with others. I got my student visa today after wating for 20 working days!

Congrat!!! Enjoy ur studies here.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tyolsgirl: 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2010
jikings:

Congrats
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 5:04am On Aug 07, 2010
Hello House, My Aunt is applying for a settlement visa next month. She got married last year and her hubby is a Nigerian born UK citizen. She has gotten Statement of account,tax certificates,utility bills,employment letter and pay slips,housing /rental docs all from her husband. I would appreciate if the house could please advise on do's and don'ts of BHC, and other things should add to make a successful visa application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 5:23am On Aug 07, 2010
Hi again House,

I have a US student Visa and I am going to sch this month via a British Airline which will transit in Heathrow.Can I apply for a transit Visa at the UK POE and will I be allowed into the uk even if it is for an hour or two while I am on transit?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:00am On Aug 07, 2010
obeycity:

Hi again House,

I have a US student Visa and I am going to sch this month via a British Airline which will transit in Heathrow.Can I apply for a transit Visa at the UK POE and will I be allowed into the uk even if it is for an hour or two while I am on transit?
Your response will be highly appreciated.
I don't think u need a transit visa since ur transit is for an hr or two but you will not be allowed to leave the airport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obeycity: 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2010
justwise:

I don't think u need a transit visa since your transit is for an hr or two but you will not be allowed to leave the airport.

@ justwise thanks so much for your timely response,
@ house, could someone please respond to my earlier post, sad
obeycity:

Hello House, My Aunt is applying for a settlement visa next month. She got married last year and her hubby is a Nigerian born UK citizen. She has gotten Statement of account,tax certificates,utility bills,employment letter and pay slips,housing /rental docs all from her husband. I would appreciate if the house could please advise on do's and don'ts of BHC, and other things should add to make a successful visa application. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mygwajam: 3:24am On Aug 08, 2010
please siena and house , i ant to know wen is the deadline for visa apllication. because my session is starting in september precisely 20th and am yet to apply for my visa. my school is yet to send the corrected CAS and my agents are not helpng matters,
thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by afulstop: 12:57pm On Aug 08, 2010
@obeycity:I think u need to apply for a DAT(direct airside transit) if u r flying a british airliner! U need it even if u r just going to hang around at heathrow. But if u want to pop into town,u could apply for a "visitor in transit visa". Pls err on the side of caution. Make thorough enquiries especially at the airline u choose to fly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Rema2311: 10:33am On Aug 10, 2010
I have a friend in 9ja with the dilemma of how she can visit the UK.
Problem is how? She is not working, and neither is she in school.
But even considering a visitors visa is daunting, considering she has to prove she has a reason to come back to Nigeria, no job, no land, living with parents and not in school, where do i start?
I know! Why bother? Why not. Any suggestion will do, any help will do, any advice will do. where some will say no chance others might say there is a way.

Any additional information required, please just ask. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunle93: 10:13am On Aug 11, 2010
I intend applying for my PSW visa in Nigeria since I couldnt meet up the 3 month maintenance funds of 800 quid before my visa expires. So I'm looking at depositing the 2800 quid in my Lloyds tsb account by 15th of this month and when my visa expires, will leave the end of september. By then the 2800 would have been in my account for 45 days, then I wouldnt have to stay for long in Nigeria instead will be there for 45 days and call/email Lloyds to mail a 3 month statements of account to my address in the U.K and my friend will get it across to me. My question is can I use a Lloyds TSB statement of account to apply for my PSW visa in Nigeria? If any better suggestion, I wouldnt mind

Please any contribution wil be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2010
Ashiri_IQ

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries
« #3055 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42 PM »
What do you mean by 3 month maintenance fund, abi policy don change. You must have 1600 to be held in your account 28 days before you apply, please nairalanders should note, this na from experience, [s]28 days na 28 working days, but it was not stated like that[/s], if you make the mistake of keeping the money in your account for exactly 28 days, they go refuse you o. Na 28 working days excluding weekends, calculate am urself

@ ASHIRI_IQ:  PLEASE I WANT TO KNOW THE SOURCE OF THIS YOUR (28 DAYS excluding weekend) INFORMATION ABOVE.
WHAT DOES THE WORD: "CONSECUTIVE" MEAN TO YOU?

WHEN I WAS IN SAME SITUATION, i CONTACTED THE VFS UK NIGERIA AND THEY SENT ME THIS; The 28days includes weekends!

BEFORE REPLYING THIS NOW, I CALLED THE OFFICE AND THEY REPEATED SAME THING: THE 28 DAYS INCLUDES WEEKENDS!

PLEASE I WILL ADVISE EVERY NAIRALANDER INTENDING TO TRAVEL TO UK, TO VISIT THEIR SITE FOR CURRENT UPDATES AND RELIABLE INFORMATIONS.

VFS call centre telephone enquiry number: 07042848040

Alternatively the email address is info.ukng@vfshelpline.com.  Further information can also be found on the UK Visas web site www.ukvisas.gov.uk or on www.ukvac-ng.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by axeman85(m): 9:01pm On Aug 11, 2010
Guys good job you are doing here. pls i need advice

My friend wants to come to uk for vacation. she has all the documents from her employees which is the lagos state television authority , she has worked there for 5yrs. she has all the letters and also letters and bank statements from her father to show that he will be sponsoring her trip to and fro from the uk. but in her application she will also be stating that the cost to her while will be £400. her father is sole signatory to his company account so he will proveide his companies bank statements, letter from bank and also tax clerance and certificate of incoporation.

i wil be providing copies of my passport page and visa page to show my EEA family permit also , to also include dates when i left uk to 9ja. eg. i stated in my invitation letter that during my trips to 9ja she was responsible for my accomodation and feeding during the 3times i went to 9ja this year and also 3times last year and that since she is also coming to uk for vacation i will be responsible for her accomodation and feeding as well and travelling cost within the uk. is this ok ? also i will be attaching proof of call records to show that i speak to my friend everyday

i also attached my payslip and bank statements to show that i am empoyed and also my work id card to show i m working. do i also include the other pages of my bank statements to show the transactions on my account or i shud just send the 1st page. reason is i have a few unpaid direct debits on my statement and i dont want that to be a basis for refusal. ?

Also i live with my father in his hose with my 2 sisters, but i also got a letter from my father to say he has given authority for my friend to stay at our house during her stay in the uk and also included his utiliti bill. is this ok ?

based on what istated abve do u guys tink my friend will be given a visintg visa ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adeniyi7: 12:48am On Aug 13, 2010
pls l will like to confirm,lf l can summit a laminated documents to [student]uk embassy.your response will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 2:38am On Aug 13, 2010
adeniyi7:

pls l will like to confirm,lf l can summit a laminated documents to [student]uk embassy.your response will be appreciated

wot kind of documents? school certificates/results/transcript/marriage cert or wot?
anyhoo, i think u can send dem even if dey r laminated (lamination no b crime na) as long as dey r d original/genuine docs (d same ones u sent to d school in uk). d uk officials wud send dem original docs back 2 u wen dey r done. make fotocopies n kip dem wit u b4 sending dem originals off tho
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 2:53am On Aug 13, 2010
axeman85:

My friend wants to come to uk for vacation. she has all the documents from her employees which is the lagos state television authority , she has worked there for 5yrs. she has all the letters and also letters and bank statements from her father to show that he will be sponsoring her trip to and fro from the uk. but in her application she will also be stating that the cost to her while will be £400. her father is sole signatory to his company account so he will proveide his companies bank statements, letter from bank and also tax clerance and certificate of incoporation.

i wil be providing copies of my passport page and visa page to show my EEA family permit also , to also include dates when i left uk to 9ja. eg. i stated in my invitation letter that during my trips to 9ja she was responsible for my accomodation and feeding during the 3times i went to 9ja this year and also 3times last year and that since she is also coming to uk for vacation i will be responsible for her accomodation and feeding as well and travelling cost within the uk. is this ok ? also i will be attaching proof of call records to show that i speak to my friend everyday

i also attached my payslip and bank statements to show that i am empoyed and also my work id card to show i m working. do i also include the other pages of my bank statements to show the transactions on my account or i shud just send the 1st page. reason is i have a few unpaid direct debits on my statement and i dont want that to be a basis for refusal. ?

Also i live with my father in his hose with my 2 sisters, but i also got a letter from my father to say he has given authority for my friend to stay at our house during her stay in the uk and also included his utiliti bill. is this ok ?

based on what istated abve do u guys tink my friend will be given a visintg visa ?

from experience, all these na long tin oh, which 1 b d highlighted ones again, y write all that in d letter? u guys complicate matters 4 urselves. Food in uk is so cheap, y do u have 2 prove dat u can feed dem by showing pay slips/bank statements when there r more important tins? Na u wan pay 4 d trip?

This is d same mistake some1 else made here on NL. is it not visit visa? then y prove all that as if its settlement visa or fiancée visa? Do u have 2 state how many ppl lives in your house 4 a visit visa? well i neva do

all i normally do is send proof of 2 sponsors, anything more than that na long tin

1st sponsor must be/pretend 2 b d person u intend to visit - he/she shud post d following to 9ja:

1. photocopy of his/her EU/UK passport/any passport (page of your details n foto)/and photocopy of d page of your ILR or LR or work permit, or whatever status u got in d uk

2. photocopy of proof of accommodation e.g. rental agreement or mortgage papers in your name cos na u dey invite am abi?

your papa dey write letter plus ya own leta na long tin = 3 sponsors = not good imo. If your pops has d house tingy in his name then make im write d i.v leta n send his documents instead of u. he shud just say he’s inviting a family friend over. U don’t need to prove dat dey r a family friend unlike relatives/family members

2 b continued l8r
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 3:22am On Aug 13, 2010
axeman85:

i stated in my invitation letter that during my trips to 9ja she was responsible for my accomodation and feeding during the 3times i went to 9ja this year and also 3times last year and that since she is also coming to uk for vacation i will be responsible for her accomodation and feeding as well and travelling cost within the uk. is this ok ? also i will be attaching proof of call records to show that i speak to my friend everyday

3. write a short n formal letter addressed to uk embassy that u want to invite the person. State in d letter dat d person u r inviting 2 d uk will b staying with u/u n your family at your address written above (on d letter) n u have enuf room 4 dem during their 3/4 weeks visit 2 d uk and dat u have enclosed your mortgage papers/rental agreement as proof.

4. write an informal letter (1 page) to your friend/person u r inviting.

all these (no 1-4) shud be sent 2 d person applying 4 d visa. do NOT send dem papers to d embassy directly. since u r not paying for the trip then y shud u send your payslips or bank statements? If d person is not staying wit u during their visit, u don’t need to send your accommodation papers, he/she should provide hotel reservations

2nd sponsor who is usually in 9ja shud provide:
1. bank statement wit enough dough

2. a letter addressed to d embassy stating that he/she will be responsible 4 funding d whole trip. Also state your relationship with/to d person u r sponsoring in d leta. (write dis if d person u r inviting isnt paying 4 their own trip)

3. if d person is your wife/husband then include your marriage certificate/affidavit and pictures of both of u 2geda. Pics of u 2 n your kids if any. Write on d back of d pics who dey are.

I don’t think your 2nd sponsor (if not d person traveling/applyin 4 d visa) shud send or prove anything else because no be im dey travel, na u!

in your invitation letters - do not go on and on or write things that r not necessary/dat wud complicate things or make d uk official yawn while reading d leta or make dem refuse giving d visa

2 b continued
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2010
axeman85:

no 1 can tell u here if your friend wud b given a visa. its a 50 50 chance - just pray

imo, It gets complicated/seem unreasonable when u say 2 or more ppl r paying 4 d trip. If u r a student or employed, do not tell any british official that u wud  b spending more than 4 weeks in d uk (u r a student or employed 4 God’s sake!). If u want to spend more than dat, u shud kip it to urself but don’t overstay your visa if u intend to apply 4 another visa wen 1 expires.

If u spend a long amount of time in d uk whilst visiting n returns b4 your visa expires, u risk being refused a visa next time cos dey will wonder how d hell an employed person or student can go on holiday or visit d uk for dat long without losing their job or school.

D person invited shud provide employment letter/letter from school n school id card, marriage certificate, wife/husband n kids fotographs, photocopies of whatever assets u have, your bank statement if necessary, etc. if u r paying for your trip then include your bank statement, other documents and no one else’s unless your married.
d person traveling must have bta (enough british pounds sterling) wit dem wen traveling to d uk that is if granted a visa

Remember there’s no interview at d uk embassy/high commission most of d time, to get a visit visa or b refused, so make sure all documents and proofs r enclosed b4 sending dem off

remember, These r just guidelines. It always works 4 me/my family. Dey’ve neva asked any of my family members bta at d airport but dey do ask some ppl. my family members always have d moni (bta) wit dem wen traveling, just in case (cos u neva no). Good luck y’all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by axeman85(m): 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2010
@ceasyc

Reason is. the house belongs to my dad but i am the one doing the inviting and since the docs are in his name. thats why he is also writing the letter to say i am his son and lives in the house and he has authorised my guest to stay at the premises during her stay and moreover the reason i stated all these dates i went to 9ja is to convince them beyond reasonable doubt that i know th person well and not just a random person in other words i am vouching for her and since she will be staying in the house dats why i stated clearly i will be responsible for her feeding and travellling withint uk dats why i i send copies of my payslip to show that i am employed and able to take kare of her feeding and travelling withing uk.

although she is also submitting her own bank statement and also her dads company statement as sponsor in 9ja as well. i jst dont want to give them reason to refuse that why making sure all docs are intact. my ad wrote an authorisation letter, 1utility bill and also car insurance policy as well. as the original house agreement states a 2bedroom but its just me that lives in the house and because my visa is an EEA one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by axeman85(m): 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2010
ceasyc:

from experience, all these na long tin oh, which 1 b d highlighted ones again, y write all that in d letter? u guys complicate matters 4 urselves. Food in uk is so cheap, y do u have 2 prove dat u can feed dem by showing pay slips/bank statements when there r more important tins? Na u wan pay 4 d trip?

its me and you that knows that food is cheap they wont consider that thats why i stated in the letter that i will be covering minor part of her expenses and also to show that i am not on benefits and trying to invite someone. thts why i put my payslip but i removed my bank statement.

This is d same mistake some1 else made here on NL. is it not visit visa? then y prove all that as if its settlement visa or fiancée visa? Do u have 2 state how many ppl lives in your house 4 a visit visa? well i neva do

all i normally do is send proof of 2 sponsors, anything more than that na long tin

Her father is the one sponsoring her whole trip so he provided his own company certificate, bank statement and letter from his bank to say he is sole signatrory to the account.

1st sponsor must be/pretend 2 b d person u intend to visit - he/she shud post d following to 9ja:

1. photocopy of his/her EU/UK passport/any passport (page of your details n foto)/and photocopy of d page of your ILR or LR or work permit, or whatever status u got in d uk

i have scanned and emailed her all my passport pages.

2. photocopy of proof of accommodation e.g. rental agreement or mortgage papers in your name cos na u dey invite am abi?

None of thest ental agreements dey my own name as its in my popsies name and the flat is a 2bedroom but its jst me that lives there but the last time we renewed our visa like 2years ago we said we all live together but we didnt say the amount of room in the flat so thats why i didnt attach the rental agreement and instead got my dad to write a letter and also to include 1copy of utility bill and car insurance policy

your papa dey write letter plus ya own leta na long tin = 3 sponsors = not good imo. If your pops has d house tingy in his name then make im write d i.v leta n send his documents instead of u. he shud just say he’s inviting a family friend over. U don’t need to prove dat dey r a family friend unlike relatives/family members

all my dad is saying is that he is giving permission for her to stay with us as she is my guest and also a friend of the family. thats all he said in his own letter. as its his name in the billls and tennancy agreement (not included)
2 b continued l8r

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 3:36am On Aug 14, 2010
axeman85:

@ceasyc

Reason is. the house belongs to my dad but i am the one doing the inviting and since the docs are in his name. thats why he is also writing the letter to say i am his son and lives in the house and he has authorised my guest to stay at the premises during her stay and moreover the reason i stated all these dates i went to 9ja is to convince them beyond reasonable doubt that i know th person well and not just a random person in other words i am vouching for her/b] and since she will be staying in the house dats why i stated clearly i will be responsible for her [b]feeding and travellling withint uk dats why i i send copies of my payslip to show that i am employed and able to take kare of her feeding and travelling withing uk.

although she is also submitting her own bank statement and also her dads company statement as sponsor in 9ja as well. i jst dont want to give them reason to refuse that why making sure all docs are intact. my ad wrote an authorisation letter, 1utility bill and also car insurance policy as well. as the original house agreement states a 2bedroom but its just me that lives in the house and because my visa is an EEA one.

u r inviting some1 to come n stay wit u during their visit in d uk and u r telling d embassy that u do not have your own mortgage or your own rental agreement n dat some1 else will accommodate her not u (it does not matter if it is your mom or dad, r u underage? so dey r d ones responsible 4 her accommodation NOT U). cmon now how u check am? DAT IS A 3RD SPONSOR M8 = NOT 2 GOOD IMO.

if she books a hotel then thats fine cos dey wont be bothered about who paid 4 it as long as it has been paid 4 or there's sufficient moni 4 dat in d bank statement sent to d embassy. sending her own bank statement is a plus too if d balance n money going in n out is a lil reasonable since she aint responsible 4 her trip financially

i have neva had to prove dat i no some1 am inviting "beyond reasonable doubt" because of visit visa. "random" ppl have helped me write invitations b4 but i dont include/ask dem 4 their payslips or bank statement cos dey r not responsible 4 dem/d trip financially and it worked, i have done dat not once, not 2x but many times. dey check d person's uk status.

ppl meet online, etc but dey have neva met face 2 face but dey can also invite d ppl dey have neva met - DIS IS DONE ALMOST EVERYDAY. some r granted visas, sum r not (same goes 4 relatives or ppl u no well).
OR U NEVA HEARD OF ANY OF DAT? so how do u convince them beyond reasonable doubt that u know the person u met online well and not just a random person in other words u can vouch for dem? It is not by saying or writing dat “i can vouch 4 him/her or I/he/she will def return back to 9ja after my/their short visit to d uk”, dat wud make dem give any1 d visa. dey r not dat gullible/stupiddd.

i dont think dat d officials r interested in your affairs apart from your genuine status cos like i stated b4 no b settlement visa or watchu call dem tins, dats where dey dig deep in2 d person sending d i.v cos u r d person responsible 4 everything n dey want 2 b sure dat u no d person u r inviting. 4 visit visa - if u say u r responsible 4 d whole trip (tickets, etc) then dey will dig deep into ya affair but if u r not then dey'll dig deep in2 dat persons affair who says dey will b responsible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 3:55am On Aug 14, 2010
axeman85:

@ceasyc

i do not get d 1utility bill and also car insurance policy. wot kind of utility bill? u wan use am open bank account?wot does dat mean or prove?
so u guys r not sending her n d embassy photocopy of proof of accommodation of where she will stay during her visit e.g. rental agreement or mortgage papers?

axeman85:

None of thest ental agreements dey my own name as its in my popsies name and the flat is a 2bedroom but its jst me that lives there but the last time we renewed our visa like 2years ago we said we all live together but we didnt say the amount of room in the flat so thats why i didnt attach the rental agreement and instead got my dad to write a letter and also to include 1copy of utility bill and car insurance policy

it is not settlement or fiance visa dey r applying 4 mr man so dey wont ask u all dat or dig into your lives there. dey wont ask u how many ppl lives there, do u live there, all your family lives there? that is y i stated b4 dat - 2. photocopy of proof of accommodation e.g. rental agreement or mortgage papers in your name cos na u dey invite a[/b]m abi? [b]If your pops has d house tingy in his name then make im write d i.v leta n send his documents instead of u. he shud just say he’s inviting a family friend over. U don’t need to prove dat dey r a family friend unlike relatives/family members. then include number 3 on my list as well

Utility bill proves dat u live there but it doesn’t prove dat theres enuf room for her to stay e.g. a mortgage/rental agreement wud state 1 bedroom flat, 2 bed house, 1 room rented by u, etc. lots of ppl live in 1 room In d uk cos its cheaper others could be squatting wit a friend. how do u prove 2 d uk officials dat u have enuf room 4 dem to stay during their visit? Mayb u shud ask NLANDERS, has any1 used only utility bill as proof of accommodation 4 a relative or friend or 4 ursef to apply 4 a visa? I’ve neva done dat so mayb som1 did and it worked.

It doesn’t mata if your visa na EEA one, family permit, EU or student visa as long as u have legal status in d uk n u r asking d person to VISIT ONLY NOT STAY.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 4:10am On Aug 14, 2010
axeman85:

its me and you that knows that food is cheap they wont consider that thats why i stated in the letter that i will be covering minor part of her expenses and also to show that i am not on benefits and trying to invite someone. thts why i put my payslip but i removed my bank statement.

Her father is the one sponsoring her whole trip so he provided his own company certificate, bank statement and letter from his bank to say he is sole signatrory to the account.

good dat u removed ur bank statement cos u say sum coma dey d acct

If "Her father is the one sponsoring her whole trip" then y r u going on n on about your payslip/bank statement, feeding her, her traveling in d uk, etc? Wetin come b ya own? U get me?If both of u r sponsoring d trip financially, fine, then u shud say so in d letters and on d visa form and both of u shud include ya payslips and bank statements

if her dad is saying dat he is responsible 4 d financial aspect of d trip, cant he say dat he's d one going to give her moni to take with her abi she wont take bta? wont dat cover feeding n travellin within d uk? of course u can include your payslip if u want but does dat show your bank balance if u want 2 show dat u have enuf moni in there/4 their upkeep?

do dey ask on d visa forms who will pay 4 your bus pass, train ticket, cab fare, shopping in d uk, mcdonalds, kfc, etc? NO I DONT THINK SO. dem ppl r not really interested in u who is inviting dem dat is if u say u r not responsible financially cos on d visa forms theres a question there where she will answer/she is going to write that its her father/d person dat is going to be responsible for paying 4 her trip NOT u.

dey r more interested in d person who is being invited 4 a visit (i.e "has any1 proved 2 b able to pay 4 d trip, will dey come back after their short visit 2 d uk, do dey have a strong tie in 9ja to want to return 2 9ja?"wink. All that d person invited sends 2 d uk embassy (especially about demselves) will prove 2 dem dat he/she will return to 9ja or will not return to 9ja after ya visit n all dat will enable dem decide if dey shud give u d visa or not.

It is not by saying or writing dat “i can vouch 4 him/her or I/he/she will def return back to 9ja after my/their short visit to d uk”, d uk officials r not dat gullible/stupiddd.

i think i've answered all your queries or questions as best as i can, maybe some1 else can advice u or input as well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adeniyi7: 8:41am On Aug 14, 2010
Good day to u all,l will like to confirm this,if l'm right? on the TIER 4[GENERAL]STUDENT FORM page 6-PART  7 SUMMARY SHEET .see the table below

[points scoring Area]      [ point claimed  ]            [Documents provided]

possession of a CAS         30points                        unconditional offer
                                                                            university degree certificate

l just want to confirm if unconditional offer & university degree certificate as stated in the CAS is only what to filled to claimed the 30 point for the CAS.your response will be appreciated
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by axeman85(m): 8:53am On Aug 14, 2010
@ceasy   

Can u pls flash or call me so I can explain beta 2 u nd u can give advice on how 2 proceed my Nmbr is 07551879276 . Jst want to get a clearer picture? Cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.