Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:08 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306851 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Jinix(m): 12:37pm On Jun 03, 2011
Submitted a visa application for my wife,son and i on 21/05/2011 and picked up the visa today. Took 2 weeks exacltly and was given 6 months visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 4:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
Jinix:

Submitted a visa application for my wife,son and i on 21/05/2011 and picked up the visa today. Took 2 weeks exacltly and was given 6 months visa.

It all depends, I got my first UK visa in less than 6days with saturday and sunday inclusive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muami(m): 5:31pm On Jun 03, 2011
Jinix:

21/05/2011 was a Saturday. Do they now accept visa applications on saturday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brazillo75: 6:40am On Jun 04, 2011
Submitted for my G Mum on 17/05/11 and she got the visa on 01/06/11. Roughly 2 weeks. Processing time is not too bad.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OpsE1: 10:20am On Jun 04, 2011
Guys,
Keep the good work you are doing here up.
Can someone tell me what is the waiting time at VFS office in Abuja?, what is the crowd like and how organised are the staff?
Is it possible for me to drop my application and submit my biometric details same day? I need this to plan my movement to Abuja next week.

Your response will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muami(m): 2:09pm On Jun 04, 2011
Ops E:

Guys,
Keep the good work you are doing here up.
Can someone tell me what is the waiting time at VFS office in Abuja?, what is the crowd like and how organised are the staff?
Is it possible for me to drop my application and submit my biometric details same day? I need this to plan my movement to Abuja next week.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Advice On Uk Visa
« on: Today at 12:01:45 AM »

Would appreciate if people with recent experience of applying for a UK visit visa in the VFS centre in Lagos.

1. On submitting your application, do you pay the visa fees at the VFS office?
2. Do you submit the biometric details [finger print, etc] immediately or are you given a different appointment date.
3. what is the crowd like in these centres and how organised are the staff
4. what is the average waiting time for a visit visa application nowadays.

Kind regards

Try another post with another name and another VFS center. You might be lucky!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:21am On Jun 05, 2011
@Justwise, I intend to apply for a visiting visa to to the UK to go visit my wife(Post Grad. Student) July next month . The snag is dat her accommodation is in School.

I want to know if she can use dis as a place for me to stay during my visit or she should get an off campus accommodation OR I would have to make Hotel reservations?
I also want to know what Important documents she needs to get across to aid my application at the embassy.

I have the marriage certs, wedding pix, 1.5m bank statement and a relatively bouyant monthly income >150k.

PLease responses will be well appreciated!

U guys are doing a great job on this forum,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cretin: 7:03am On Jun 05, 2011
i applied last yr, did everything same day. paid the visa fee there too, cost 500 bucks extra, the trick is to go very early, that way u can finish early too, remember to pay for the sms alert.
did mine in lagos
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:29am On Jun 05, 2011
dejumotalks:

@Justwise, I intend to apply for a visiting visa to to the UK to go visit my wife(Post Grad. Student) July next month . The snag is dat her accommodation is in School.

I want to know if she can use dis as a place for me to stay during my visit or she should get an off campus accommodation OR I would have to make Hotel reservations?
I also want to know what Important documents she needs to get across to aid my application at the embassy.

I have the marriage certs, wedding pix, 1.5m bank statement and a relatively bouyant monthly income >150k.

Whether she can use her accommodation apartment as a place of stay for you during your visit or not depends on the adequacy of the apartment, the the purpose that it is intended to serve and the number of people that the apartment is designed for: and the apartment authority may have to come in in this regard. But be careful not make accommodation a questionable factor that would ruin your visa chance; remember that visa officers would not want to imagine that your wife might experience some inconveniences in order to accommodate you

However, these documents are required of your wife:
* Copy of the Bio-data Page of her Passport.
* Evidence of correspondence between her and you
* Her pay advise (slip).
* bank statements with transaction details for the last 6 months.
* Proof of address (utility bills in her names would do) or
* Evidence that there is adequate accommodation for you
* Letter of concent
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2011
dejumotalks:

Vicjustice has given you a good reply there, as regard to the accommodation. . . ask ur wife the type of accommodation she has. . whether its studio ,shared students hall of resident in a single bedroom or double bedroom. Some schools allow students to entertain visitors for a day or two, ur wife should tell you the school's policy in that regard and like Vicjustice pointed out. . she will need to get a letter from the school to back it up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OpsE1: 10:37am On Jun 05, 2011
cretin:

i applied last yr, did everything same day. paid the visa fee there too, cost 500 bucks extra, the trick is to go very early, that way u can finish early too, remember to pay for the sms alert.
did mine in lagos
Thanks my Bro.I appreciate that. How much is the sms alert and do I pay it there too. I want to go to Abuja because I heard the crowd there is usually less than Lagos.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adeniyi7: 11:06am On Jun 05, 2011
hi, ,,l went to invite my brother to my graduation in uk. is this family visitor or General visitor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:12am On Jun 05, 2011
adeniyi7:

hi, ,,l went to invite my brother to my graduation in uk. is this family visitor or General visitor?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shithapuns: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2011
sms alert cost n400 naira, they will notify you that ur visa app has been received and also that ur can come and collect ur passport - they wudnt tell u if u were succesful or not in the sms.
submited mine on monday, got the sms on wednesday!, went to lagos on friday collected my passport/visa, i was succesful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OpsE1: 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2011
shithapuns:

sms alert cost n400 naira, they will notify you that your visa app has been received and also that your can come and collect your passport - they wudnt tell u if u were succesful or not in the sms.
submited mine on monday, got the sms on wednesday!, went to lagos on friday collected my passport/visa, i was succesful

Thanks. Under 3 days? That's interesting. Congratulations!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 05, 2011
@Vic thanks a great deal for the info, well appreciated. But may I ask ;
* Correspondence ? In what form cos all we do is BBMsnger and skype talk
*Bank Statement for 6months?, She just got dere February and has not been working.
*Utility Bills?, She is school campus accomodation Hall of Residence where payment made is inclusive of their Bills.
*Letter of Consent?, From her or from school to allow us stay in her room.
Can u please help clarify this and what are other options.

@Justwise, Appreciate the feedback.
*would ask her to confirm from school if she can accomodate her hubby in the room.

Can I point out that she intends to move out of school accmdatn and get an apartment next month cos school accmdtn expires dis month. Shld I wait for her to get a place next month before askin her to send the details of contract or what?

Humbly Awaiting ur informed suggestions!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2011
dejumotalks:

@Vic thanks a great deal for the info, well appreciated. But may I ask ;
* Correspondence ? In what form cos all we do is BBMsnger and skype talk.
   I can understand what you mean, but unfortunately you don't expect Visa Officers to show you same understanding without documented proof. It is important to be aware of the fact that Visa Officers are trained to have suspicious attitude toward applicants, and even marriages are suspected to be fraudulent until proven otherwise; therefore, if you don't have any evidence of communication with your wife, then you are just not prepared for the visa application.

dejumotalks:

*Bank Statement for 6months?, She just got dere February and has not been working.
   If she doesn't have any financial capability, then the attentions will be turned on your own financial status; and to be honest, i'm afraid you might have some problem here because, the 1.5 million naira that you stated you have is less than 6000 UK Pounds, therefore a Visa Officer might not want to believe that you're willing to spend your life savings just to visit your wife.

dejumotalks:

*Utility Bills?, She is school campus accomodation Hall of Residence where payment made is inclusive of their Bills.
   This isn't looking good, you'd be refused the visa on this ground.

dejumotalks:

*Letter of Consent?, From her or from school to allow us stay in her room.
Can u please help clarify this and what are other options.
   If she is not entitled to the full rights to take decision regarding who she allows in, or what she does in her own apartment, then, it is up to the authority to approve it; but still, it doesn't look good, you'd be refused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muami(m): 9:19pm On Jun 05, 2011
Vicjustice:

I can understand what you mean, but unfortunately you don't expect Visa Officers to show you same understanding without documented proof. It is important to be aware of the fact that Visa Officers are trained to have suspicious attitude toward applicants, and even marriages are suspected to be fraudulent until proven otherwise; therefore, if you don't have any evidence of communication with your wife, then you are just not prepared for the visa application.

While I agree that evidence of subsisting relationship is a requirement, applicants from Nigeria can easily satisfy this requirement by producing thier marriage certificate and some wedding pictures because Nigeria is not among the countries for high risk iin terms of marrage documents. (high risk countries for arrangee marriage are india, pakistan and nepal).

Vicjustice:

If she doesn't have any financial capability, then the attentions will be turned on your own financial status; and to be honest, i'm afraid you might have some problem here because, the 1.5 million naira that you stated you have is less than 6000 UK Pounds, therefore a Visa Officer might not want to believe that you're willing to spend your life savings just to visit your wife.

I also disagree with this point. Under the point based system, the financial requirement to get a dependant visa is a maximum of £3600 if the school is outside of London (i.e 400 X 9 months) or £4797 if it is inside London (i.e 533 X 9) . It is therefore illogical for a visa to be refused in this case where the available amount is even more than that required for a dependant visa which has a longer duration.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 05, 2011
So I need more than 1.5m in my account to apply for a 1week visit

As for accomodation, might just opt for Hotel Reservation,

Need more info guys,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:12am On Jun 06, 2011
dejumotalks:

So I need more than 1.5m in my account to apply for a 1week visit

As for accomodation, might just opt for Hotel Reservation, . . .
   You never stated how long you intend to stay in the UK for, and besides, the visiting visa will be intended for 6 months, and i don't think the visa officer will believe that you intend to stay for only 7 days out of it. Let's be reasonable here.
   Besides, by your own statement, your wife is only 3 months in the UK and she resides in her school facility, and yet she is sending invitation to you to visit her, doesn't that suggest something to you?
And as for this afterthought hotel lodging in the UK, is the cost also going to be covered from your 1.5 million Naira (£5.800)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:41am On Jun 06, 2011
muami:

While I agree that evidence of subsisting relationship is a requirement, applicants from Nigeria can easily satisfy this requirement by producing thier marriage certificate and some wedding pictures because Nigeria is not among the countries for high risk iin terms of marrage documents. (high risk countries for arrangee marriage are india, pakistan and nepal).
   Nigeria is a very suspect when it comes to fraud, i don't know where you got your list from; ain't it questionable that you mentioned Nepal with the omission of Nigeria from the list?
   For your information, though visa officers are happy to accept wedding photos or any photo that is presented to support a visa application, but yet an applicant who presents photos to support an applicatioon does so in his or her own generousity because, photo is not a required document neither does it stand as a valid proof of relationship or commitment, many photos have been observed to have undergone photoshopping.

muami:
I also disagree with this point. Under the point based system, the financial requirement to get a dependant visa is a maximum of £3600 if the school is outside of London (i.e 400 X 9 months) or £4797 if it is inside London (i.e 533 X 9) . It is therefore illogical for a visa to be refused in this case where the available amount is even more than that required for a dependant visa which has a longer duration.
   Now, deducting "the financial requirement of £4800" from his total savings of about £5.800, how much money would be left for him when he returns to Nigeria? And what if he decides to do some shopping whilst in the UK?
   Look, i'm writing this from experience and my knowledge on Immigration issues, not just putting down what is written in the requirement terms. So, you may encourage him to apply for the visa if you want him to loss his money; But i will confidently tell you that it would take a special miracle for a visa officer to issue a visa to an applicant whose life savings would be badly affected by a visit to the UK. Period
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muami(m): 9:09am On Jun 06, 2011
Vicjustice:

Nigeria is a very suspect when it comes to fraud, i don't know where you got your list from; ain't it questionable that you mentioned Nepal with the omission of Nigeria from the list?

Nigeria is a suspect when it comes to fraud BUT not marriage fraud. If you recall sometime last year, student visa applications were suspected in these countries I mentioned for these reasons.

Vicjustice:

Now, deducting "the financial requirement of £4800" from his total savings of less than £6000 pounds, how much money would be left for him when he returns to Nigeria? And what if he decides to do some shopping whilst in the UK?

I really do not get this your calculation oh. The £4800 you mentioned is about the requirement for someone who is applying for a dependant visa where the main applicant is studying in London and this is for a maximum of nine months. For a visitor visa, the amount required is far less.As to what money he would use when he comes back, the poster has not said,(neither is it plausible) that he would spend his entire N1.5 million on the trip. Furthermore, he stated that he was working and earning N150, 000 per month!.

Vicjustice:

Look, i'm writing this from experience and my knowledge on Immigration issues, not just putting down what is written in the requirement terms. So, you may encourage him to apply for the visa if you want him to loss his money; But i will confidently tell you that it would take a special miracle for a visa officer to issue a visa to an applicant whose life savings would be badly affected by a visit to the UK. Period

You did' nt need to remind us of your experience and knowlegde on immigration issues here. Rather it would have been better to point us to the "what is written in the requirement terms" that you mentioned. For your info, some persons here are actually qualified immigration lawyers and such persons (who obviously know thier worth) do not flaunt it at the slightest provocation because they are not soliciting for clients on NL but just contributing and learning (yes, some of us learn everyday!) from people's experience.
To conclude, N1.5 Million is MOR THAN ENOUGH to meet financial requirements for a VISIT VISA to any country in the world. All the applicant has to prove further is his personal and economic situation in Nigeria in order to demostrate the source of the N1.5 million and his economic and social ties to Nigeria. I don talk my own finish!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muami(m): 9:37am On Jun 06, 2011
dejumotalks:

If your wife has a Tier 4 (general) Student Visa, then the best thing to do is to apply for a PBS DEPENDANT Visa. This is because although the application fee is higher for the Dependant Visa, it is more straighforward. And it doesnt matter if you intend staying for one week only ( as long as you don't state that in your aplication form).
To do this, you should ensure that the 1.5Million stays in your account for a minimum of 28 days and then in addition to the documents you already have(i.e marriage certificate and wedding pix), you also need photocopies of your wife's passport details page and student visa, a letter confirming her student's status( which she should get froom her school) and an invitation letter from her. If you apply under this category, you DO NOT need to show evidence of arranged accomodation as this is covered by the maintenance fund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 07, 2011
@Vic, Thanks for your responses and advise, very well appreciated. So what do u suggest please! How should i go about it? (Bros,Body no be firewood O smiley )
And I would like to point that the 1.5m is definately not life savings just to put in the account as part of the criteria from posts I ave been reading so far.

@Muami,really appreciate the analysis and time. Yes she has a Tier 4 student visa. PBS Dependant,Is that not like a Tier 1 for skilled Profs? stand to be corrected

Guys I thank you for the time and concern but please I would not want this to raise any dust between anybody, you guys are helpers and surely would be rewarded for this good work.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 4:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
dejumotalks:

@Vic, Thanks for your responses and advise, very well appreciated. So what do u suggest please! How should i go about it? (Bros,Body no be firewood O smiley )
And I would like to point that the 1.5m is definately not life savings just to put in the account as part of the criteria from posts I ave been reading so far.
   I understand where you're coming from, but yet, if i were you i'd leave the intention until i'm well prepared for it; remember, things are easier when done orderly.
And yes, you do have a chance, but still, the chance that you would be refused out-weighs your success chance: this is my judgement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ muami, iv been a silent observer of the posts on travels, i must say you've been of great help to this forum. I'd like to have a chat with you, please drop me an email kemi.mebude@gmail.com thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 08, 2011
Thanks Vic,

Anymore suggestions from anybody else please!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OpsE1: 5:50pm On Jun 08, 2011
Gents, a friend and colleague (a briton) invited my wife and I to UK and gave us some documents to support our application, but I noticed that the mortgage and utility bills given to me have no figures, he hid the figures though the address and all other information was very clear.Please, advise, will that stand against our application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 6:59pm On Jun 08, 2011
Ops E,
No. The important thing is the name and address, you do not have anything to do with the figures(privacy), the commission knows how to get the information if necessary.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OpsE1: 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2011
anfanio:

Ops E,
No. The important thing is the name and address, you do not have anything to do with the figures(privacy), the commission knows how to get the information if necessary.

Thanks a million.
Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 08, 2011
Greetings to NLanders. Please I wish to find out if I can apply for a tier 4 UK visa in Lagos or it will be advisable for me to apply in Abuja. I want to know if I can use a fixed deposit certificate as part of the supporting document. What is the minimum amount of money that must be in my account before I can be offered a visa. I will welcome your contributions. Thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
kindly visit this site;
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/

There you have all the upto date information you require.

There is a document called POLICY GUIDANCE.It's in PDF and the current version is the one always uploaded to the website but be careful to read what is written at the bottom right corner of the front page. It often says the period from when the guidance becomes valid. PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IN BLACK AND WHITE LIKE YOU READ YOUR BIBLE! It's tells you all you need to know about student visas application.

Hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.