Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,798 members, 7,837,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:09 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306401 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ycoxyng: 4:16pm On Jun 22, 2011
[quote author=beeman80 link=topic=127964.msg8566844#msg8566844 date=1308734735]
I just applied for another visa but it took almost 7 working days before my application was ready.The issue is when i tracked my first visa at a point i saw "oc in the inscan room" or something like that.When i went for collection walah! I had visa stamped.But this current application was tracked but i never saw "oc in the inscan room" at any point.Please i need someone who has been to the UK and has UK visa tracking experience to advise me.I am scared to go for collection.Does it mean i got a visa or not?
[quote][/quote]

Poster, "oc in the inscan room" i think it is a kind of  VFS internal operation when they have received ur Visa application package from BHC. It got nothing to do with whether the visa is issued or not. why are u afraid to collect ur package?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 4:20pm On Jun 22, 2011
Thanks.I guess am just being a scardy cat.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 5:08pm On Jun 22, 2011
No reason for being scared eh.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pamperme: 8:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
hello,
i currently have a 2 year business visa which will expires in 2 months time. i will like to apply for a 5 year visa now but as a visitor. i already have two friends who are willing to send me invitation letters and their utility bills.
My questions are:
(1) is it reasonable to apply as a visitor this time because am not sure i'd be travelling on business any time soon?
(2)Does it make sense to get two invitation letters or just limit it to one?
(3) Will i be given a visitor visa for that long or just apply for 2 years visitor visa?
(4) How much fund should i make available in my account?
Would appreciate ur help in this regard
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 11:51am On Jun 23, 2011
You guys are great! Thanks so much for the encouragement.
I am just from the VFS office at Ikeja and guess what? I was given 2years Multiple visa.
Now i know it's not really about how much you have in your account that really matters because at the time i went to submit my application,i was broke and the statement i submitted only had a balance 0f 230k hence the fear factor set in.
Thanks again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 12:27pm On Jun 23, 2011
@beeman80

Congrat man, see you in Uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawonlese: 12:30pm On Jun 23, 2011
It's not really about how much you have, but the inflow and outflow that matters to them

Beeman80

Congrats on your exploit.  Now you can go see the Queen. We are on hand for your cheap flight ticket sir.

bbpin25842477
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 12:33pm On Jun 23, 2011
osarodon:

@beeman80

Congrat man, see you in Uk
Thanks Bruv!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 12:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
shawonlese:

It's not really about how much you have, but the inflow and outflow that matters to them

Beeman80

Congrats on your exploit.  Now you can go see the Queen. We are on hand for your cheap flight ticket sir.

bbpin25842477

Ok call me on +2347090134657.

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 12:38pm On Jun 23, 2011
@beeman80,

I will like you to share your experience about Ireland Tourist visiting visa application.
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 1:34pm On Jun 23, 2011
Pamperme:

hello,
i currently have a 2 year business visa which will expires in 2 months time. i will like to apply for a 5 year visa now but as a visitor.  i already have two friends who are willing to send me invitation letters and their utility bills.
My questions are:
(1) is it reasonable to apply as a visitor this time because am not sure i'd be travelling on business any time soon?
(2)Does it make sense to get two invitation letters or just limit it to one?
(3) Will i be given a visitor visa for that long or just apply for 2 years visitor visa?
(4) How much fund should i make available in my account?
Would appreciate your help in this regard
thanks

Answer to your questions.
1.You can apply for a visitor visas and your business visas (if it hasn't expired) will still be valid.

2.Use one invitation letter as you have no advantage to derive from using two - do not put yourself in a suspicious situation

3. Since this is your first VISITORS visas, apply for 6-months as this will forclose any doubt. After your first visit, then you can apply for 2yrs.

4. A decent account is what is advisable. If you have anything between 500k to 1M, fine. But note that the ECO takes into account your Basic earnings in form of your salary, business take-home/savings to try and ascertain if you built up the account just to secure the visas.

Finally, let me also say your visitors visas does grant you separate privilages compared to your business visas and when you do travel, let the UK immigration officers at the airport know that you are on visit not business.This will ensure they do not record wrong information on your UK immigration history as we have witnessed situations like this hunt people in thier subsequent applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2011
Hi guys, you all have been soo helpful and i cant say thank you enough. Pls i will like to find out, is it better to use a hotel reservation for a tourist visa or can one apply with an invitation letter from a friend? Especially when one will receive his Mortgage papers; bank statement with just a little over 1000 pounds; Payslips, utility bills, data page of British passport and inivitation letter. Pls advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 2:24pm On Jun 23, 2011
Dear All,

I have travelled to UK before on a business visa April 2011 for conference still valid till Sept 2011 and spent 4 days, all expense paid by me
I will like to make a new visa application for me and my wife and below are my question.

Now I wanted to apply as a tourist but someone advice that it is easier to use friend invite, is there any advantage?

Last time (march 2011) during my business visa application I indicated that I don't know any one in the UK, will there be any issue now if am
using friend invite now?

I will be sponsoring my wife(she is a degree holder but currently a full time housewife just taking care of the kids for now) is there any need to
add her degree result in the application?
Is it okay to add details of the car I bought in her name to the application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2011
I know the regulars on NL are always supportive and you'd always find someone to shed light on any issue. Someone should kindly extend the same helping hand to my issue.
Someone told me that the UKBA in abuja has some issues which is why they've been holding on to applications, My husband was given within 7 working days, am using his docs(unemployed) and its been with them for 12 days now. Is it advisable to keep hope alive,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Joe5(m): 3:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
anambra has the largest road network in nigeria
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 4:39pm On Jun 23, 2011
amykelly:

Hi guys, you all have been soo helpful and i cant say thank you enough. Pls i will like to find out, is it better to use a hotel reservation for a tourist visa or can one apply with an invitation letter from a friend? Especially when one will receive his Mortgage papers; bank statement with just a little over 1000 pounds; Payslips, utility bills, data page of British passport and inivitation letter. Pls advice.
You are home and dry my friend.But let me also ask u.Do u have a steady job?Do u have an account with high inflow and outflow of funds?Are u a tax payer and can u prove it by providing ur tax card?Do u have 6 months payslips?Mhhh i think thats all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by amykelly: 5:03pm On Jun 23, 2011
@ Beemman. I have a steady job with a multinational company and earn 126k. i have money of my own worth 1.6k. 900k in my fixed deposit account and the rest in ma salary account but i moved 500k into my salary account on the 1st of june which was money from my housing allowance. i intend to apply in Aug . My fixed deposit account is more stable as i transfer money into it every month from my salary account. Also i intend to use ma mum as a sponsor as i did in my previous application. i can show my payslip for more than a year that shows how i am taxed heavily every month. I pay 17-24k in tax every month. My pay slip shows the break down of my salary and how i am taxed.

Also the person sponsoring is my fiance but i want to keep it as friend till we tie the knot and i apply for my spouse visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 6:07pm On Jun 23, 2011
amykelly:

@ Beemman. I have a steady job with a multinational company and earn 126k. i have money of my own worth 1.6k. 900k in my fixed deposit account and the rest in ma salary account but i moved 500k into my salary account on the 1st of june which was money from my housing allowance. i intend to apply in Aug . My fixed deposit account is more stable as i transfer money into it every month from my salary account. Also i intend to use ma mum as a sponsor as i did in my previous application. i can show my payslip for more than a year that shows how i am taxed heavily every month. I pay 17-24k in tax every month. My pay slip shows the break down of my salary and how i am taxed.

Also the person sponsoring is my fiance but i want to keep it as friend till we tie the knot and i apply for my spouse visa. 
Cool.Seems you are home and dry.My advise to you is that you should be very discrete with the information you provide especially when you are not sure.Another thing is that you do not really need to move money from your fixed to your salary account.Just see the possibilities of getting a statement for your fixed.Then you must be careful to make the relationship look simple when applying.Do not be quick to call her your fiance just yet.In your application just state that you are friends,pure and simple.You dont necessarily need to use your mum as a sponsor except she's the one inviting you.From the look of things,u seem very okay to sponsor yourself.All you need is just a hotel reservation or a letter of invitation.Capish! Mhhh I guess ve said enough.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 7:00pm On Jun 23, 2011
@Omo_Tier1: how many years visa is given for MSc?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 7:57pm On Jun 23, 2011
modath:

Hi House,
What is the average no of days a U.K tourist visa spends at the HC, i sent in my application[got the alert too] on the 7th of this month but till date am yet to get a response.

BACKGROUND'
My spouse (sponsor) applied first and he was given but since our anniversary is coming up mid july ,we decided that i too apply so we can make it a memorable one. Am using the same documents[payslips,bank statements,share certifiacates,kids pix,wedding pix,letter from employer[oil servicing coy],car particulars etc] with just my personal bank statement and undeveloped land paper as an addendum.
What are my chances even though i was hopeful after the 7th day, i am begginnining to entertan doubts, uhmp.
modath:

I know the regulars on NL are always supportive and you'd always find someone to shed light on any issue. Someone should kindly extend the same helping hand to my issue.
Someone told me that the UKBA in abuja has some issues which is why they've been holding on to applications, My husband was given within 7 working days, am using his docs(unemployed) and its been with them for 12 days now. Is it advisable to keep hope alive,

@Omo_Tier1,
Hi, kindly weigh in on my issue. thanks,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 12:23am On Jun 24, 2011
Good evening,

I will like to apply for a 2yr multiple entry UK visa, last time I applied for a UK visa was in 2006 when I was still a undergraduate at UNILAG, was denied, and never bothered myself to apply anymore, there's been intense pressure to apply now, as I have good business relations with the UK spanning over 3 years.

I have filled the VAFIC Business visitors form. There was a question about:

Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

Which I stated, Country: U.K.    Reason: Not Sure   Reference number ( for UK ) : Can't remember

Please advise your thoughts on the above.

The company inviting me will be responsible for airport pickup, transfers, accommodation and board among other travel expenses. My only expected expense is the FLIGHT FEES, which is in fact coming free, cos I won a free business class ticket from British Airways earlier in the year.

My intended supporting documents are as follows:

1.  My new passport and Old passport.
2. My passport photograph
3. My application fee receipt.
4. Evidence that indeed we won the BA grant.
5. Letter from the company inviting me, which states they are taking care of me while there.
6. Over 60 Original Airway bills spanning within a 2 year ( 100 weeks ) period showing trade relations betweem myself and the said company.
7. over 50 Transfer payment confirmation from Standard chartered bank, showing proof of payment.
8. UBA account statements for my company in the last 1 year showing an estimated 70-75M in turnover.

I want to ask, must I make a copy of all of the above document including the VAF1C ?as requested here: http://www.ukvac-ng.com/applying.aspx  ( Supporting documents relevant to the category you are applying for with copy of each original document. )

Which other documents do you think should be attached?

The visit is slated for 16th - 30th 2011. And they didn't book any hotel yet,  is that going to be an issue?

Thank you for taking time out to answer the questions.

Oh yes, I have an appointment at the american embassy on July 14th, and from the dates I saw on the website, am still safe, I want to believe I will get the UK visa and that might help getting the Yankee visa, cos truth be told, I am not a traveler. so, nothing on my pali.

Thanks once more.

Super D.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 3:31am On Jun 24, 2011
@Sienna/ Shawonlese,
Hi guys, your input will be highly appreciated. This silence/ delay is stressing me out. Our hotel reservation is for 13th of july. Airline tickets are in the stratosphere at the moment, Lord knows what/where it'd be by next week.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 6:39am On Jun 24, 2011
Dear All,

I have travelled to UK before on a business visa April 2011 for conference still valid till Sept 2011 and spent 4 days, all expense paid by me
I will like to make a new visa application for me and my wife and below are my question.

Now I wanted to apply as a tourist but someone advice that it is easier to use friend invite, is there any advantage?

Last time (march 2011) during my business visa application I indicated that I don't know any one in the UK, will there be any issue now if am
using friend invite now?

I will be sponsoring my wife(she is a degree holder but currently a full time housewife just taking care of the kids for now) is there any need to
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 10:46am On Jun 24, 2011
osarodon:

Dear All,

using friend invite now?

Please do.Also include landed properties receipts like i did.It helps.Good luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 11:09am On Jun 24, 2011
modath:

@Omo_Tier1,
Hi, kindly weigh in on my issue. thanks,

Hey u don't have to worry provided u did all the right things.I submitted mine and got my visa yesterday after waiting 8 working days.Please stop fretting u will get your visa.One love!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 11:44am On Jun 24, 2011
@Beeman,
Thanks, I just got an alert about 30 mins ago to come for pick-up,am positive I'll come back with good news. Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 1:02pm On Jun 24, 2011
Will appreciate swift reliable feedback to my inquiries up above.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 1:18pm On Jun 24, 2011
@beeman80,

Do you mean friend invite is better?

@Justwise,

Please I will appreciate your input to this my issue as well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2011
osarodon:

Dear All,

using friend invite now?

If i were you i will go with hotel booking but if u want to use IV from a friend then ur friend has to give you not just IV but his other personal documents to back up ur application.

You can include the car details you bought for her, it wouldn't harm ur application
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 1:37pm On Jun 24, 2011
osarodon:

@beeman80,

Do you mean friend invite is better?

@Justwise,

Please I will appreciate your input to this my issue as well.
Yes,I feel so.Just keep it simple to safe guard your future applications.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 1:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
modath:

@Beeman,
Thanks, I just got an alert about 30 mins ago to come for pick-up,am positive I'll come back with good news. Cheers.
Ok!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2011
@Beeman
Yippee. I got it. Thanks for showing concern, you'll never walk alone,

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.