Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,600 members, 7,840,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306446 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2011
modath:

@Beeman
Yippee. I got it. Thanks for showing concern, you'll never walk alone,

Congrat bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 2:38pm On Jun 24, 2011
modath:

@Beeman
Good stuff! And amen to your prayers.Remember to keep that passport clean.Congrats!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 3:22pm On Jun 24, 2011
modath:

@Beeman
Congrats and apology for not replying your earlier post - getting to the time of the year when things hots up you know -

Hope you checked your visas for any inconsistency?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 4:00pm On Jun 24, 2011
rapheal2k9:

@Omo_Tier1: how many years visa is given for MSc?
MSc visas usually is for 1year + 3months.although that depends if your MSc starts in September of that year or in January/February of the following year. For September entry, they would give you visas for the duration of your course + 3months to cover graduation in either Oct/Nov of same year. Although we have seen cases where applicant are given less and are requested to live the country and apply for re-entry for thier graduation.

Have you gotten your visas yet?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 4:30pm On Jun 24, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

MSc visas usually is for 1year + 3months.although that depends if your MSc starts in September of that year or in January/February of the following year. For September entry, they would give you visas for the duration of your course + 3months to cover graduation in either Oct/Nov of same year. Although we have seen cases where applicant are given less and are requested to live the country and apply for re-entry for thier graduation.

Have you gotten your visas yet?
Yep.If there are inconsistencies on ur visa,depending on the magnitude though.I doubt if it really matters.Never had issues with mine though and don't ever hope to.Have a lovely stay in the UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 7:44pm On Jun 24, 2011
Ire a kari oh,

Please make the goodnews spread oh, make una help me answer here oh:

Good evening,

I will like to apply for a 2yr multiple entry UK visa, last time I applied for a UK visa was in 2006 when I was still a undergraduate at UNILAG, was denied, and never bothered myself to apply anymore, there's been intense pressure to apply now, as I have good business relations with the UK spanning over 3 years.

I have filled the VAFIC Business visitors form. There was a question about:

Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

Which I stated, Country: U.K. Reason: Not Sure Reference number ( for UK ) : Can't remember

Please advise your thoughts on the above.

The company inviting me will be responsible for airport pickup, transfers, accommodation and board among other travel expenses. My only expected expense is the FLIGHT FEES, which is in fact coming free, cos I won a free business class ticket from British Airways earlier in the year.

My intended supporting documents are as follows:

1. My new passport and Old passport.
2. My passport photograph
3. My application fee receipt.
4. Evidence that indeed we won the BA grant.
5. Letter from the company inviting me, which states they are taking care of me while there.
6. Over 60 Original Airway bills spanning within a 2 year ( 100 weeks ) period showing trade relations betweem myself and the said company.
7. over 50 Transfer payment confirmation from Standard chartered bank, showing proof of payment.
8. UBA account statements for my company in the last 1 year showing an estimated 70-75M in turnover.

I want to ask, must I make a copy of all of the above document including the VAF1C ?as requested here: http://www.ukvac-ng.com/applying.aspx ( Supporting documents relevant to the category you are applying for with copy of each original document. )

Which other documents do you think should be attached?

The visit is slated for 16th - 30th 2011. And they didn't book any hotel yet, is that going to be an issue?

Thank you for taking time out to answer the questions.

Oh yes, I have an appointment at the american embassy on July 14th, and from the dates I saw on the website, am still safe, I want to believe I will get the UK visa and that might help getting the Yankee visa, cos truth be told, I am not a traveler. so, nothing on my pali.

Thanks once more.

Super D.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

Congrats and apology for not replying your earlier post - getting to the time of the year when things hots up you know -

Hope you checked your visas for any [b]inconsistency[/size][size=8pt][/b]?

Thanks for your input,better late than never, but i'd appreciate it if you can elaborate on the emboldened.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 25, 2011
modath:

Thanks for your input,better late than never, but i'd appreciate it if you can elaborate on the emboldened.
Basically, when given visas ensignage, it is your responsibility to make sure the visas issued to you is the appropraite visas, contain same information as filled out in the bio-data form/App form etc. The Home Office and BHC overseas are now in the habit of making soo too obvious errors on visas when they put them on passports. So you have to properly check to make sure you are given the visas you applied for with the correct and accurate details.
Cases like this is on the increase and victims end up being embarrassed at point of entry into the UK. Check when you pick up your visas and alert them immediately before you leave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 2:41pm On Jun 25, 2011
@OMO TIER,
I applied for 6 months visiting visa and that's exactly what I got, my only observation is that my Visa is valid from 16 of this month but it was issued on the 23rd. I asked for the implication of such but I was told it doesn't have any bearing in the general scheme of things.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rapheal2k9: 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2011
@Omo_Tier1: My uni sent this mail to me, Kindly advise. Thanks.

In recent weeks the UK Border Agency has introduced new rules with regards to the completion of language tests as a condition of entry to the UK . The rules identify the following countries as MAJORITY ENGLISH speaking countries:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Dominica
Grenada
Guyana
Jamaica
New Zealand
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United States of America

Applicant nationals from any country OTHER than the above, must have completed a relevant language test at level B2 as a condition of entry to the UK .

Please see the following link for a list of relevant language tests and the marks/grades that must be achieved in order to meet the B2 level: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

The test must be dated within 2 years of the date of issue of the Confirmation of Acceptance to Study letter (CAS) - otherwise it will be deemed invalid.

Whilst the UKBA sets a minimum level of language requirement of B2 which must be met in order to obtain a visa to study at degree level, the University of Glasgow requires a higher level. The required levels for IELTS or TOEFL, which are the most commonly used tests are as follows:

IELTS - Overall score of 6.5 with no individual category below 6.0

TOEFL - Overall score of 92 (with no less than 21 in Listening & writing, 22 in reading, 23 in speaking)

Overall scores and/or subtests lower than our entry requirements stated on our web page at www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ will not be accepted.

Please note, that even if you have attended an English speaking school, college or university within your country, or have attained an A level, International Baccalaureate (IB), SATs, (or equivalent), from a UK education authority, this will NOT exempt you from the need to have completed an English language test within the last 2 years that meets both the UKBA and the University of Glasgow minimum requirements.

The only exception to the above is if you have attended an educational institution within the UK or one of the above listed countries for a period of 2 or more years, and the course at that institution has been taught in English.

As a recipient of an offer from the University of Glasgow , from a country NOT on the above list, we are highlighting this to you at the earliest opportunity, so that you can make arrangements for completing the test in adequate time to be granted a visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2011
damola1:

Good evening,

I will like to apply for a 2yr multiple entry UK visa, last time I applied for a UK visa was in 2006 when I was still a undergraduate at UNILAG, was denied, and never bothered myself to apply anymore, there's been intense pressure to apply now, as I have good business relations with the UK spanning over 3 years.

I have filled the VAFIC Business visitors form. There was a question about:

Have you ever been refused a visa for any country including the UK?

Which I stated, Country: U.K.    Reason: Not Sure   Reference number ( for UK ) : Can't remember

Please advise your thoughts on the above.

The company inviting me will be responsible for airport pickup, transfers, accommodation and board among other travel expenses. My only expected expense is the FLIGHT FEES, which is in fact coming free, cos I won a free business class ticket from British Airways earlier in the year.

My intended supporting documents are as follows:

1.  My new passport and Old passport.
2. My passport photograph
3. My application fee receipt.
4. Evidence that indeed we won the BA grant.
5. Letter from the company inviting me, which states they are taking care of me while there.
6. Over 60 Original Airway bills spanning within a 2 year ( 100 weeks ) period showing trade relations betweem myself and the said company.
7. over 50 Transfer payment confirmation from Standard chartered bank, showing proof of payment.
8. UBA account statements for my company in the last 1 year showing an estimated 70-75M in turnover.

I want to ask, must I make a copy of all of the above document including the VAF1C ?as requested here: http://www.ukvac-ng.com/applying.aspx  ( Supporting documents relevant to the category you are applying for with copy of each original document. )

Which other documents do you think should be attached?

The visit is slated for 16th - 30th 2011. And they didn't book any hotel yet,  is that going to be an issue?

Thank you for taking time out to answer the questions.

Oh yes, I have an appointment at the american embassy on July 14th, and from the dates I saw on the website, am still safe, I want to believe I will get the UK visa and that might help getting the Yankee visa, cos truth be told, I am not a traveler. so, nothing on my pali.

Thanks once more.

Super D.

Make una advise me. I wan submit this thing as early as possible.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2011
damola1,
I think you’re good to go, get your sponsor to write a letter to explain accommodation or whatever arrangement they have made. You are to submit originals (or attested copies) of all documents, plus one set of copies of same documents. You may need to prove your ties to Nigeria; i.e . . . . landed property, marriage cert, business registration etc. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 8:09pm On Jun 25, 2011
Bros Anfanio,

Thank you very much for the advise, the letter is already written. And the ties to Nigeria will be clearly defined.

Once more thank you.

Damola.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 9:04pm On Jun 25, 2011
rapheal2k9:

@Omo_Tier1: My uni sent this mail to me, Kindly advise. Thanks.

In recent weeks the UK Border Agency has introduced new rules with regards to the completion of language tests as a condition of entry to the UK . The rules identify the following countries as MAJORITY ENGLISH speaking countries:

Antigua and Barbuda
Australia
The Bahamas
Barbados
Belize
Canada
Dominica
Grenada
Guyana
Jamaica
New Zealand
St Kitts and Nevis
St Lucia
St Vincent and the Grenadines
Trinidad and Tobago
United States of America

Applicant nationals from any country OTHER than the above, must have completed a relevant language test at level B2 as a condition of entry to the UK .

Please see the following link for a list of relevant language tests and the marks/grades that must be achieved in order to meet the B2 level: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/new-approved-english-tests.pdf

The test must be dated within 2 years of the date of issue of the Confirmation of Acceptance to Study letter (CAS) - otherwise it will be deemed invalid.

Whilst the UKBA sets a minimum level of language requirement of B2 which must be met in order to obtain a visa to study at degree level, the University of Glasgow requires a higher level. The required levels for IELTS or TOEFL, which are the most commonly used tests are as follows:

IELTS - Overall score of 6.5 with no individual category below 6.0

TOEFL - Overall score of 92 (with no less than 21 in Listening & writing, 22 in reading, 23 in speaking)

Overall scores and/or subtests lower than our entry requirements stated on our web page at www.gla.ac.uk/international/englishlanguagerequirements/ will not be accepted.

Please note, that even if you have attended an English speaking school, college or university within your country, or have attained an A level, International Baccalaureate (IB), SATs, (or equivalent), from a UK education authority, this will NOT exempt you from the need to have completed an English language test within the last 2 years that meets both the UKBA and the University of Glasgow minimum requirements.

The only exception to the above is if you have attended an educational institution within the UK or one of the above listed countries for a period of 2 or more years, and the course at that institution has been taught in English.

As a recipient of an offer from the University of Glasgow , from a country NOT on the above list, we are highlighting this to you at the earliest opportunity, so that you can make arrangements for completing the test in adequate time to be granted a visa.

Hi ya,
I think the e-mail is self explanatory. Whilst I consider this to be an unfair position Glasgow University has placed you, however what they are indirectly telling you are these;
1. You need to go and write one of those English Language Test approved by UKBA and acheieve the minimum requirement specified in the policy guidance;if you are ever going to get your CAS deemed valid in Law.

2.That your current adimission is now no longer unconditional but rather subject to you achieving the minimum grades stated in that letter. This means even if you are able to achieve the UKBA minimum and are granted visas but failure to meet the Glasgow university higher english language requirements will likely result in your admission be deemed invalid! - A glaring result is your visas becomes none and void as you will have to return to Nigeria even though you have visas. This is so because Glasgow university are your sponsors and in the event that they deem your admission invalid -and you are unable to secure admission to another university in the shortest possible time 30days; something of a hard task- then your visas by implication stands revoked!

I really think you should e-mail your admissions officer, requesting to know specifically if this applies to you. Request them to clarify if you fail to meet thier minimum english level if your admissions will be withdrawn in its entirety.

I think you have to put your visas application on hold and make effort to get any of the earliest possible dates to write your Test of English as a Foriegn Language

When did you get your admission letters of notification?

If you ask me, I think Glasgow university are somewhat confused as several universities across the UK are concerning this new requirement for english language.

*I can see lawyers ironing thier robes and QC lining thier silks** D.Cameron government is mess!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by modath(f): 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2011
@OMOTIER,
Hi, I understand the validity starts from the 16th, it was when you asked about inconsistencies that I went to crosscheck and found the issuance and validity date difference but every other entry is precise.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 10:37pm On Jun 25, 2011
anfanio:

damola1,
I think you’re good to go, get your sponsor to write a letter to explain accommodation or whatever arrangement they have made. You are to submit originals (or attested copies) of all documents, plus one set of copies of same documents. You may need to prove your ties to Nigeria; i.e . . . . landed property, marriage cert, business registration etc. Good luck.

Bros,

Loss of documents like originals of landed property, business registeration, na big wahala oh, is it a must to put the originals of these papers?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 10:41pm On Jun 25, 2011
damola1,
On the website they ask for originals or attested copies, if you don't have originals think of what to do, notarized letters that they are lost, police report, and evidence that you are trying to get replacements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 10:43pm On Jun 25, 2011
Oh, think you missed the point.

I have originals of the documents, I have never let them out of my sight, and I am just afraid of losing them to the British Embassy. Business, land documents are pretty hefty. Is it important I submit the originals I have?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by anfanio: 10:51pm On Jun 25, 2011
In that case send "attested copies" and copies, all original documents and attested copies are coming back in anyway. Play safe, good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 10:53pm On Jun 25, 2011
Thank you for swift feedback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by beeman80: 1:05pm On Jun 27, 2011
Hello house?How are the visas coming?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 2:00pm On Jun 27, 2011
damola1:

I have originals of the documents, I have never let them out of my sight, and I am just afraid of losing them to the British Embassy. Business, land documents are pretty hefty. Is it important I submit the originals I have?
Do not say you were not warned.BHC/UKBA deals with original documents and no other!
Okat to alliviate your fears. This is what you do;

You write a formal letter, addressed to the Entry Clearance Office (I will give you the address if you need it), stating in indexed form, all the ORIGINAL documents you attached with your application and what they are ment for. Personally sign off this letter by hand with date.
By so, your documents will be intact. Trust me, this is how it works from legal point of view.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 2:10pm On Jun 27, 2011
Thank you for the update.

Please advise the address, so that all can be clearly stated. Will this letter be attached to the documents sent?,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pamperme: 7:09pm On Jun 27, 2011
@ Omo Tier 1,

Thanks for the advice. As i have a better chance of getting a business visa, i will renew it and then apply for the Visitors visa next year.

Thanks once again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pamperme: 7:18pm On Jun 27, 2011
Dear All,

There is something else i need your clarification on:

I spoke with a friend who has been offered admission in one UK university. He has paid all the school fees, have over 2million in account for his maintenance/accommodation. He has also been issued a CAS number as well. But the problem is this issue of English Language, he told me he spoke to two admission officer today and they confirmed that his CAS was issued before April 2011 when the English language stuff started. But he still seems rather perturbed. The question is, should he fill the new Assessment form (April 2011) or the old one (November 2010)

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 7:49pm On Jun 27, 2011
Pamperme:

Dear All,

I spoke with a friend who has been offered admission in one UK university. He has paid all the school fees, have over 2million in account for his maintenance/accommodation. He has also been issued a CAS number as well. But the problem is this issue of English Language, he told me he spoke to two admission officer today and they confirmed that his CAS was issued before April 2011 when the English language stuff started. But he still seems rather perturbed. The question is, should he fill the new Assessment form (April 2011) or the old one (November 2010)
Thanks.
Your friend need to fill the new form, April 2011.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2011
damola1:

Thank you for the update.

Please advise the address, so that all can be clearly stated. Will this letter be attached to the documents sent?,
Yes it should be attached (if possible nicely stapled!)to the documents and application forms. When submitting,(IF ASKED ONLY) tell the person collecting the documents at the VFS center where you choose to submit your application that the letter is an index list of all the documents submitted and it is addressed to the ECO.

If your application is fresh, i.e. NOT renewal, use this address;

ATTN: ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICER(ECO)
ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICE
VISA SERVICES
VISA SECTION
BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION
DANGOTE HOUSE,
33,AGUIYI IRONSI STREET
MAITAMA
ABUJA
NIGERIA.

If renewal then the address is;

ENTRY CLEARANCE OFFICE
VISA SERVICES
VISA SECTION
BRITISH DEPUTY HIGH COMMISSION
11, WALTER CARRINGTON CRESCENT
VICTORIA ISLAND
LAGOS
NIGERIA.

To further butress my earlier point on submission of original documents, please read this link;
http://www.ukvac-ng.com/documents.aspx

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/vafsdocschecklist/

From personal experience I have come accross a case how original supporting documents was the saving grace in a flawed attempt by the ECO to discredit the application. I KNOW YOUS WILL BE DIFFERENT but please stick to thier requirements and make sure all documents are arranged sequentially with 'sticky' notes on each explaining what they are ment for. Do not forget to keep EXACT COPIES of all documents you are attaching with your application, including PHOTOCOPYING the EXACT application form you are submitting - very helpful for future applications to make sure the information you are supplying the UKBA is consistent!

Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by damola1: 10:08pm On Jun 27, 2011
You too much, osheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoTier1(m): 10:56pm On Jun 27, 2011
Pamperme:

Dear All,

I spoke with a friend who has been offered admission in one UK university. He has paid all the school fees, have over 2million in account  for his maintenance/accommodation. He has also been issued a CAS number as well.  But the problem is  this issue of English Language, he told me he spoke to two admission officer today and they confirmed that his CAS was issued before April 2011 when the English language stuff started.  But he still seems rather perturbed.  The question is, should he fill the new Assessment form (April 2011) or the old one (November 2010)

Thanks.
Put it squarely, tell your friend to go and write one of the English Language test by the UKBA otherwise his chances are as good as preparing for Appeal.

The reason for my submission above is this;
Though your friend got his admission before the new rules came into force, however UK immigration rules clearly states that applications are considered based on the rules on the date the appropraite application fees was paid or the date the application itself was deemed submitted and bio-data (finger print) taken. Since your friend is about applying now - meaning his application would be assess against current immigration rules NOT the date your addmission letter was issued by the university.
Of course, current rule requires proof of English language test at grades above that specified by the UKBA be provided unless you attended a UK university continually for 2years plus.

Lots of university are confused about the obnoxious change of rules in between games and my advice to anyone caught in this situation is to sit for the exam, get the right result grade and include it. My good feeling tells me this requirement will soon be required of employers in the UK when applying for a job, despite your qualification, so yea maybe a 'good investment' for the future!

Might be worth reading the attached pdf document by UKBA.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by gestapo(f): 7:57pm On Jun 28, 2011
damola1:

I have never ever enclosed even a common original bank statement, talkless of land deeds, etc. shocked

Those documents are hard to replace once lost, go back and read the document required in the application form and only submit what the form with the guidance note tells you to submit which is photocopies, and state in the correspondence "i am enclosing photocopies of supporting document as stated in the application form" otherwise you could be turned down for submitting photocopies by those doofus as well as those clueless VAF staffs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dove30: 10:31pm On Jun 28, 2011
hello everyone!!!i greet you all.abeg how long does it normally take the ho at Abuja to process a student visa.i sent my application to them on 14 of this month and i would like to know when i should be expecting it back.abeg justwise or anyone any idea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.