Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (305825 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 8:46pm On Nov 24, 2008
Hello guys.ONe quick question. After being refused a student visa due to the fact that the BHC are not satisfied with one of my sponsors' bank statement, is it possible to reapply and replace that sponsor with another 2weeks immediately after refusal? Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:32am On Nov 25, 2008
tbaba83:

Hello guys.ONe quick question. After being refused a student visa due to the fact that the BHC are not satisfied with one of my sponsors' bank statement, is it possible to reapply and replace that sponsor with another 2weeks immediately after refusal? Thanks.

Of course you can, na your money kill am wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ilosiwaju: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2008
;d
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by skillip(m): 8:11pm On Nov 25, 2008
guys,
wud appreciate if some1 cud put me tru,i applied 4a student visa n all my documents returned n told to defer my admission n reapply.had an account of 15mill n a dom account of over 8k pounds.right now 'm not to certain if my sponsor stil av such(dis was october)cus his a bizman.do i get a new statement of bank account or stil use d same to apply,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2008
Hello House. I applied for uk student visa on the 14th of november 2008 for a course that begins january 19th 2009. I paid full tution fees and went as far as convincing the school to let me pay for full accomodation. The Accommodation services refused to collect any money from me until i was granted a visa. Instead they provided a letter addressed to the embassy stating that once i was granted a visa i would be allowed accommodation after payment. In my VAF3 form, i stated my brother paid for my full tution fees and my father would be responsible for my accommodation and living expenses. To compliment my VAF3 form, i submited my academic qualifications, nysc certificates, vacancies of the course  to show i would be coming back after obtaining my qualification, brother's Passport since he was in UK at the time and copies of bank transfer transaction showing a transfer of my full school fees from his account to the schools account. My father had no personal bank statment in his name so he used his private business bank account. He got a letter from the bank stating he was the sole signatory to the account. I also attached CO7, article of memorandum certificate of incorpotration and a sponsorship letter from my dad introducing me as his son and saying he would take care of my accomodation and living expenses and my brother would lend support if the need arises ( NOTE:  BOTH MY FATHER AND MY BROTHER WHO ARE BOTH MY SPONSORS ARE THE DIRECTORS OF THE COMPANY). After submitting my application, 5days later i checked my  application status online only to see that it was ready for collection. I was denied based on 2 reasons.
1. I used a company bank statement and since it is a limited liability no director has rights to use company funds for personal reasons and therfore they are not satisfied that i am able to meet the costs of your course and accomodation and the maintenance of yourself without taking employment
or engaging in business or having recourse to public funds as requiredby paragraph 57(vi) and (vii) of HC395, 
2. a large lump of 9million was raised just before i submitted my application. and they believe i just put it there  for the sole purpose of the application without evidence of where it came from and the previous months shows little deposits deposited( in their opinion 1.9million naira entering every now and then is little)
I was advised to appeal, but on getting home my dad thinks i should re-apply again but my mom thinks otherwise. She told me  of a family friend of ours who was rejected and met with this lawyer who under 2weeks collected his papers from him and gave him success. Consultation fee for this lawyer is 25k while after the lawyer has performed his magic 100k. My dad thinks its a rip off and does not believe a word of it.
After sitting down with my folks and reading the refusal letter, my dad believes he can show them evidence of where the funds came from. Truth be told my dad finished a contracting job for a firm since early january. It was just recently he was paid and he put some of the money into my brothers account so that my brother can pay by online bank transfer to the school's account.  My father has evidence to show where the lump sum came from  plus a photocopy of the cheque issued for the job. My dad also wants to bring in my sister bearing the same surnname with all of us to act as a sponsor since she also has a good bank account.

My questions are

1. If i am going to reapply again, a week after my denial,  should i still include my father's company's bank statement again plus evidence to show where he got that lump of money from or should i just remove him as sponsor and just put both my brother and sister as sponsors. I am afraid that if i don't resolve the issue of the last refusal i might be denied yet again.
2. how can i show them that the company is happy to let the director spend money on his son. ( REMEMBER THE COMPANY IS A FAMILY BUSINESS WITH ONLY 2 DIRECTORS: Father and brother). My dad says he can organize a board of resolution with both dirctors and secetry signing stating they would loan one of the directors(my dad) a sum of 2million naira.
3. The company is an engineering firm and i am goin for a post graduate course in I.T field, so what exaxtly does the company stand to gain?
4. Should i consult the laywer my mum made mention of ( she mae mention of somthing like inhouse appeal or a review of my application, not really sure what she was talking about).
5. What else do you guys think i should include with my application?

Please people i would rather not appeal because i heard it can take close to 6months to 1year and i am not ready to spend 2009 doing nothing. If you guys think its a lost war i would rather pick up all the money from my school and go to a school in canada or usa. ( i heard they are not as difficult as these uk Goofballs.)

Your contributions would all be appreciated.

Cheers!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jayboykodi: 3:53pm On Nov 26, 2008
ilosiwaju:

@funky
i really appreciate how prompt u respond to people's questions, thanks on every applicant's behalf.

well, i have something i will term as a "scary application". i applied for a student visa and used my sister as sponsor. the downside however is that her account holds just 1.6m and her dorm account holds $13500(about 1.6m too). i already paid like 60% of the tuition as well as a accommodation deposit to the school. its a one-year programme and i convinced them(well, in my own terms)that i'll be back.
all in all, my sister has roughly 3m with some share certs. she is well travelled(uk especially)and had a work permit in 1995 but still chose to came back, she has a good rep with them, how does this affect my goodwill?
i welcome replies everywhere, thanx everyone.

first of all lets know the kind of family your sponsor has. her source of income ? your school fees ? how much u av paid? your sponsor acct is ok but answer thesse questions first
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jayboykodi: 4:24pm On Nov 26, 2008
tbaba83:

Hello House. I applied for uk student visa on the 14th of november 2008 for a course that begins january 19th 2009. I paid full tution fees and went as far as convincing the school to let me pay for full accomodation. The Accommodation services refused to collect any money from me until i was granted a visa. Instead they provided a letter addressed to the embassy stating that once i was granted a visa i would be allowed accommodation after payment. In my VAF3 form, i stated my brother paid for my full tution fees and my father would be responsible for my accommodation and living expenses. To compliment my VAF3 form, i submited my academic qualifications, nysc certificates, vacancies of the course to show i would be coming back after obtaining my qualification, brother's Passport since he was in UK at the time and copies of bank transfer transaction showing a transfer of my full school fees from his account to the schools account. My father had no personal bank statment in his name so he used his private business bank account. He got a letter from the bank stating he was the sole signatory to the account. I also attached CO7, article of memorandum certificate of incorpotration and a sponsorship letter from my dad introducing me as his son and saying he would take care of my accomodation and living expenses and my brother would lend support if the need arises ( NOTE: BOTH MY FATHER AND MY BROTHER WHO ARE BOTH MY SPONSORS ARE THE DIRECTORS OF THE COMPANY). After submitting my application, 5days later i checked my application status online only to see that it was ready for collection. I was denied based on 2 reasons.
1. I used a company bank statement and since it is a limited liability no director has rights to use company funds for personal reasons and therfore they are not satisfied that i am able to meet the costs of your course and accomodation and the maintenance of yourself without taking employment
or engaging in business or having recourse to public funds as requiredby paragraph 57(vi) and (vii) of HC395,
2. a large lump of 9million was raised just before i submitted my application. and they believe i just put it there for the sole purpose of the application without evidence of where it came from and the previous months shows little deposits deposited( in their opinion 1.9million naira entering every now and then is little)
I was advised to appeal, but on getting home my dad thinks i should re-apply again but my mom thinks otherwise. She told me of a family friend of ours who was rejected and met with this lawyer who under 2weeks collected his papers from him and gave him success. Consultation fee for this lawyer is 25k while after the lawyer has performed his magic 100k. My dad thinks its a rip off and does not believe a word of it.
After sitting down with my folks and reading the refusal letter, my dad believes he can show them evidence of where the funds came from. Truth be told my dad finished a contracting job for a firm since early january. It was just recently he was paid and he put some of the money into my brothers account so that my brother can pay by online bank transfer to the school's account. My father has evidence to show where the lump sum came from plus a photocopy of the cheque issued for the job. My dad also wants to bring in my sister bearing the same surnname with all of us to act as a sponsor since she also has a good bank account.

My questions are

1. If i am going to reapply again, a week after my denial, should i still include my father's company's bank statement again plus evidence to show where he got that lump of money from or should i just remove him as sponsor and just put both my brother and sister as sponsors. I am afraid that if i don't resolve the issue of the last refusal i might be denied yet again.
2. how can i show them that the company is happy to let the director spend money on his son. ( REMEMBER THE COMPANY IS A FAMILY BUSINESS WITH ONLY 2 DIRECTORS: Father and brother). My dad says he can organize a board of resolution with both dirctors and secetry signing stating they would loan one of the directors(my dad) a sum of 2million naira.
3. The company is an engineering firm and i am goin for a post graduate course in I.T field, so what exaxtly does the company stand to gain?
4. Should i consult the laywer my mum made mention of ( she mae mention of somthing like inhouse appeal or a review of my application, not really sure what she was talking about).
5. What else do you guys think i should include with my application?

Please people i would rather not appeal because i heard it can take close to 6months to 1year and i am not ready to spend 2009 doing nothing. If you guys think its a lost war i would rather pick up all the money from my school and go to a school in canada or usa. ( i heard they are not as difficult as these uk Goofballs.)

Your contributions would all be appreciated.

Cheers!!!

@tbabe83
hello tee, i would advice that if u av to use the company satatement. u av to get a resolution from the company board i.e the directors ur dad bro etc. it does not matter if ur dad is the sole signatory so far its a limited liability company. get the resolution so the eco would be sure that all the directors are happy with ur dad using the company mony. pl s there must be flow in your sponsors letter and your application form. above all be truthfull. and prayer full. its always good to reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 4:34pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ jayboy thanx. anymore contributions please. am ready to learn
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 11:37pm On Nov 26, 2008
@ jayboy.

I understand u claerly. but after being denied based on my fathers company statement. Can i just remove him as sponsor, bring in my sister as co sponsor and reapply statin she is now responsible 4 my accommodation and living expenses or would that backfire since a week ago my earlier application said my father is sponsorin me.

Dont be annoyed o. I just want to get it right this time around.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sweetestT: 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jayboykodi: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2008
nskpasport:

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA

Are you intrested to be come NSK passport holder citizen ?

Will are the right agent to get you NSK Passport at Cheaper Rate.

Send us an e-mail on nsksospassport.travelagent@yahoo.com

Call us on +201 1564 0458

The manager Mr. Daniel Massaro

Pleased do not hesitate to call us on our number show below from 9am - 9pm
Thanks

why is it that u keep on decieving pple with this NSK PASSPORT stuff. my dear niralanders. this is just fruad. to confirm pls make a research typ nsk passport on google nd check. getting a nsk passport is as good as getting nothin
if u try go airport say u wan traval with am . na cell u go sleep. it a virtual passport an imaginable one. u can only travel in your mind
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MrCrackles(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2008
nskpasport:

You Can Get Your NSK Passport in 1O Working Days. Ref: 178CA

Are you intrested to be come NSK passport holder citizen ?

Will are the right agent to get you NSK Passport at Cheaper Rate.

Send us an e-mail on nsksospassport.travelagent@yahoo.com

Call us on +201 1564 0458

The manager Mr. Daniel Massaro

Pleased do not hesitate to call us on our number show below from 9am - 9pm
Thanks

fraudster!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iykewin: 11:08am On Dec 08, 2008
dear walexy

as a professional in this field, don't you need much document for a renewal although this will only depends on your previous application made with your current stutus now. so free free to call me 08056261017 ,godwin is the name and your visa is set.

thanks and have have a nice day
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iykewin: 11:20am On Dec 08, 2008
tbaba83

YES U CAN USE MORE THAN ONE SPONSOR OR CHANGE SPONSOR WEN REFUSED . JUST MAKE SURE THAT THE PERSON HAS S REASONABLE ECONOMIC STATUS HERE IN NIGERIA AND YOU WON'T B A BURDEN TO HIM OR HER WHEN THE BHC MAKE THEIR JUDGEMENT BASED ON THIS.

MY NAME IS GODWIN , I ANM A CONSULTANT IN SUCH FIELD, U CAN CALL 08056261017 OR VISIT MY OFFX AT 3 REMILEKUN STREET , OFF OGUNLANA DRIVE SURULERE LAGOS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by easycordz(m): 5:17pm On Dec 10, 2008
hi,
please nairalanders i'm urgently i need of help,i  gained admission into a masters program in london.i'm about applying 4 my visa and i'm runnin out of time, i want to use my dad's company (which i'm one of the directors) as my sponsor but we don't have a tax clearance.its actually a travel agency and there's this issue of double taxation being complained about by the travel agents association because a certain amount is deducted from their commission and remited to FIRS as withholding tax,so they have refused to pay any other taxes to the federal government claiming its double taxation.

my problems are
1.There are no recent documentations for these tax payments by the individual airlines(this is done per ticket sale & we average about 30 tickets a month)

2.Most airlines cannot furnish us with recent evidence of these payments.

3.we hv only been able to get one of such receipts and its was issued for the year 2006 by FIRS to one of the airlines.

-My Dad doesnt hv a personal account he's the sole signatory of the company account.
-will his tax clearance be of any help in this matter?(its currently being processed)

we have a resolution agreeing to sponsor the program

WHAT I RLY WNT TO KNW IS IF I CN APPLY WITHOUT THE TAX CLEARANCE

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by SEUNGO: 8:46pm On Dec 12, 2008
please,i really need information on EEA stuff. my husband who is an eu citizen from france but resides in uk just sent my travelling document. i need to take those filled document to somewhere in V/I. he said somewhere around akin adesola along eko hotel . am really sure of the eaxct place. please, canb anybody help me with the address. needs to submit those document by monday.

very urgent and any advise is welcomed toooooooooooooooooooooo

compliment of the season.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 5:50pm On Dec 14, 2008
the address you are lookin for is 3rd floor, zenon house, ajose adeogun. Once u enter some stupid agents who are trying to make some money off you would direct you to the 11th floor. Please dont go there. Just head straight to the 3rd floor. Happy holidays.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 6:33pm On Dec 14, 2008
tbaba83:

the address you are lookin for is 3rd floor, zenon house, ajose adeogun. Once u enter some stupid agents who are trying to make some money off you would direct you to the 11th floor. Please don't go there. Just head straight to the 3rd floor. Happy holidays.

How do you know that is where is looking for ??That  address does not suggest a UK embassy lipsrsealed

SEUNGO:

please,i really need information on EEA stuff. my husband who is an eu citizen from france but resides in uk just sent my travelling document. i need to take those filled document to somewhere in V/I. he said somewhere around akin adesola along eko hotel . am really sure of the eaxct place. please, canb anybody help me with the address. needs to submit those document by monday.

very urgent and any advise is welcomed toooooooooooooooooooooo

compliment of the season.

I am sure you wants to join your husband(Franch citizen) residing in the UK.If i am right ,you need to apply to the British embassy for EEA family permit.Although is free of charge,but a litmus test must be scaled through which bordered on genuineness of the relationship,your husband must be exercising the EU treaty rights in the UK.
You better put the jigsaw together very well before submitting your application forms to the embassy.
The embassy address is 
Lagos

Nigeria, Lagos, Deputy British High Commission

Address:
Deputy British High Commission
11 Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos

Telephone: (00 234) (1) 2619531, 2619537, 2619541
Duty Officer - (00 234) (0) 8034022765

Fax: (00 234)(1) 2614021 or 2625940

Email: consular.lagos@fco.gov.uk
Email: commercial.lagos@fco.gov.uk
Office hours:GMT: Mon-Thurs: 0630-1430 and Fri 0630-1130
Local Time: Mon-Thur 0730-1530 and Fri 0730-1230

http://ukinnigeria.fco.gov.uk/en/our-offices-in-nigeria/other-locations-in-nigeria/4806705
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 8:05pm On Dec 14, 2008
@ brownbonno how do you know she is looking for the uk embassy??

Nowhere in her post does she say she is looking for the uk embassy.

From what she said her spouse sent her  somewhere close to Eko hotel. The BHC is not even near Eko hotel, it is only Vfs thats close to eko hotel. All i know is applications are made @ vfs. vfs then fowards the applications to walter carrington. After the applications are processed they are then fowarded back to vfs for collection.

Vfs is situsted at ikeja and VI

The VI address is VF Global services, Uk visa application center, zenon house, 3rd floor, 2 Ajose Adeogun street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Tel: 01-4617088-91
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 2:43am On Dec 15, 2008
tbaba83:

@ brownbonno how do you know she is looking for the uk embassy??

Nowhere in her post does she say she is looking for the uk embassy.

From what she said her spouse sent her somewhere close to Eko hotel. The BHC is not even near Eko hotel, it is only Vfs thats close to eko hotel. All i know is applications are made @ vfs. vfs then fowards the applications to walter carrington. After the applications are processed they are then fowarded back to vfs for collection.

Vfs is situsted at ikeja and VI

The VI address is VF Global services, Uk visa application center, zenon house, 3rd floor, 2 Ajose Adeogun street, Victoria Island, Lagos.

Tel: 01-4617088-91

Thanks for the clarification.
http://www.ukvac-ng.com/contactus.aspx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by touchmeder: 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2008

Main + Texts + Embassies/Consulates/Events + Passport + Books

> NSK Pasport

> How to get a passport

IMPORTANT MESSAGE TO ALL CITIZENS OF THE NSK STATE AND TO ALL THOSE WHO WISH TO BECOME CITIZENS OF THE NSK STATE
NSK State was founded in 1992 by members of the "Neue Slowenische Kunst" art movement from Slovenia, Europe.

NSK State does not exist in the real, three-dimensional space and has no physical territory; it's only territory is the dimension of the Time.

NSK is not an internationally officially recognized country and NSK State passport is not a legally valid document. Owning the NSK passport does not grant citizenship of the republic of Slovenia or any other country of the world.

YOU CANNOT LEGALLY CROSS ANY INTERNATIONAL BORDER USING AN NSK PASSPORT!

The NSK State passport is only a symbolic document and if you use it to cross borders you do so at your own risk: NSKSTATE.COM and the NSK Info. Center cannot accept any responsibility for the consequences if you attempt to cross borders using this passport.

NSK PASSPORT
Art is fanaticism that demands diplomacy.

Anybody can become an NSK Passport holder and acquire the status of an NSK citizen. The NSK state denies in its fundamental acts the categories of (limited) territory, the principle of national borders, and advocates the law of transnationality.

The bearer of the NSK passport becomes a citizen of NSK. Vital statistics of the bearer are logged in the NSK citizenship register.

The passport is numbered and untransferable; its validity is limited and renwable. By signing the
adjoining statement the bearer pledges to participate on a best-effort basis to support the integrity of the NSK state. This passport may not be misused for criminal, ideological, religious or political purposes conflicting with the contents of NSK and/or jeopardizing the reputation and good name of NSK. Citizenship ceases with the expiriation, return or confiscation of the passport.

The passport is a document of a subversive nature and unique value. A holder fills in data and collects in it stamps, signatures, etc., at NSK events and similar campaigns. In this sense, the applicability of the passport is unlimited and subject to the responsibility of its holder.

Dark green passport bound in hard cover and made in accordance with European standards.
Size: 12.5 x 8.9 cm, 32 numbered pages.

NOTE: NSK citizenship does not imply NSK membership

information gotten from http://www.nskstate.com/state/passport.php
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cvibe: 6:56am On Dec 19, 2008
@ easycord

The consular officer will weigh the ability of the company to continue to sponsor your programme. In this case, they may doubt the company's ability as there is a tendency for the company to be shutdown by government for tax evasion.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 8:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
Hello how una dey? It has been interesting reading but i have nothing to say, so it occured i should hail LONDONCOOL and my other pals.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2008
merry Xmas to all friends and members of niara land
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Flowers: 12:13pm On Dec 30, 2008
Hello all,

Due to some financial commitments i have made recently, I barely have nothing in my account by my sponsor is financially capable as he has a huge sum of money to meet with my expenses having paid my tuition.
Do I have a chance of being granted a visa as I don't want to pay in a lump sum of money in my account
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 3:44pm On Jan 02, 2009
Happy new year to the house.
@Flowers

Your sponsor's origin or source of funds can be shown with the financial transactions on his bank statement.
Even if the tuition fees have been paid does not allow that your account should be empty.

Bet wishes.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Flowers: 8:14am On Jan 05, 2009
@ Viviko

Thanks for your response. I don't mean empty as in zero but less than 50k. Though I will be showing my bank statement and payslips. I am avoiding the issue of lump sum.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by easycordz(m): 2:53pm On Jan 05, 2009
Thks cvibe, think i'm goin 2 defer it so i cn hv enough time 2 sort tins out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ekwuru: 7:24pm On Jan 06, 2009
Hi interested applicants, no problem if you are outside Lagos state we can communicate via e-mail at visainvestmentconcepts@yahoo.com
Or kenchys@yahoo.com
Or call on GLO and MTN midnight call, we will attend to you.

But first you have to pay our consultancy fee which is just N4000 only. E-mail the teller number to me after you have made payment or send a fax copy of your teller and call me.

Guarantee that you will be satisfied with our services.

Don’t let anyone deceive you and make money off you all in the name of travel agents.

our advice will help you.

God bless you.

Visa investment concept

07032570858, 08054752313, 07029437074,080238141.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by cvibe: 9:10pm On Jan 07, 2009
Guys for recent information on changes to UK Visa applications (students) etc
See link below

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/studyingintheuk/

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.