Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,948 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306121 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2009
@funkybabe,now u!'re respondin, pls do not disclose our val secret to Akolawole else he mite bound u 4rm respondin to my requests and questions grin grin grin Thanks 4 ur positive response al d same, i'll reply ur questions later today. Cos i nid to b in d Uk in a few month time. Hope to c u in London wen i arive, would u come pick me up @ d hair port? Ssshhh! Chief Kola is al ears. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:14pm On Feb 16, 2009
@funkybabe,now u!'re respondin, pls do not disclose our val secret to Akolawole else he mite bound u 4rm respondin to my requests and questions grin grin grin Thanks 4 ur positive response al d same, i'll reply ur questions later today. Cos i nid to b in d Uk in a few month time. Hope to c u in London wen i arive, would u come pick me up @ d hair port? Ssshhh! Chief Kola is al ears. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pipmaster(m): 1:55am On Feb 18, 2009
@Funkybabe,
I am applying for a UK visit visa. My sister who is a UK citizen is inviting me over for her graduation in March.
I want to know the format d release letter from my employer shd take?
Also apart 4rm the requirements you listed earlier at the beginning of dis thread are there an oda docs I will be needing to support my application?
Is it compulsory to include a CSCS account and a title deed? In case I dont ave one what is my fate?
I will appreciate a step-by-step guide in making this my first visa application a success.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by CoolShyG(f): 9:30am On Feb 18, 2009
Hi All,

Well my enquiries is, I went to UK twice last year, as they issued me 6 months visa. I went for training. But now i want to go for my private . and i have supporting letter from my employer to the embassy telling that i'm going for my privacy and they're sure of my returning to my home country again. The Problem is i'm afraid they refuse my visa because of my nationality as i'm from Somalia. But will that be a problem as i went twice and back again . I mean won't they have a trust that i can back with no problem as my visa shows that i went twice and back from london. And the reason that i want to go to uk is make some shopping and visiting friends.

I need QUICK Respond ,

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:59pm On Feb 18, 2009
funkybaby:

@brein

The program you intend studying at the college,[b] it is a degree course or diploma? [/b]What degree will you be awarded at the end of the programme

How much is the total fees? How much is the school asking for before you can be issued an unconditional offer? As long the fees you are asked to pay is fully refundable if you are not issued the visa, then its advisable you go ahead and pay.

There is no shortcut around this. The college is also trying to protect it's interest. So many people have gotten student visas through colleges, only to abscond and not report for studies once they have entered UK through the student visa.

To fully commit the student, the school requests for a certain percentage of the fees as deposit which is usually non-refundable if you are issued the visa and then you happen to change your mind about studying at the college.

Do not hesitate to ask any question if you need further clarification.

@ funkybabe Its a year programme and the cert. that would be issued is a CERTIFICATE , it more like a dip. prog. per say.

Total fees is 1,300 pounds, and they require me to pay at least half of that before i can issued my proper admission letter , visa applications et al'.

The fee is only refundable if should in-case my enemy is not issued VISA.

, That all u need to know for now i guess, what more pls. and here is the mail that was sent to me from the sckool acknow;edgeing receipt of my second time application, (same ref. no. given 2wice);

Flag this message
Application Submitted to ANGLIAN COLLEGE LONDON
Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:43 AM
"ANGLIAN COLLEGE LONDON" <admissions@angliancollege.co.uk>
Add sender to Contacts
To:
princeton772003@yahoo.com
Dear prospective student,

The College appreciates the time you have spent in filling in the
Application Form AF-501.

Your completed form has been received and forwarded to the
Application and Assessment Board (AAB) for further processing.

If your application becomes successful ,
1. You should expect to receive your 'Offer of a Place' letter via email within 7 working days.
2. Your paper based 'Offer of a Place' will be dispatched after that via post - it may take a week or two.
3. Please always check your email and tell us if you do not need the paper version of the Offer.
4. Take necessary action as explained on the 'Offer of a Place' letter. Most importantly, please start getting your minimum payment ready.
5. Should you not receive an email within 7 days, please email or call us; you may have given us the wrong email address.
6. We only deal with the email address you put in your application. If you must change your email address now, you must give us the proof that both email addresses are yours.

Your Application Reference, also known as your 'ACL Reference' is:

( ACL 1005764 )

Please include it in all your future correspondences.

Good Luck!

Admissions
Anglian College London
admissions@angliancollege.co.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:24am On Feb 19, 2009
brein:

@ funkybabe Its a year programme and the cert. that would be issued is a CERTIFICATE , it more like a dip. prog. per say.

Total fees is 1,300 pounds, and they require me to pay at least half of that before i can issued my proper admission letter , visa applications et al'.

, That all u need to know for now i guess, what more pls. and here is the mail that was sent to me from the sckool acknow;edgeing receipt of my second time application, (same ref. no. given 2wice);

@brein

£1,300 school fees for a one year 'certification' degree shocked shocked

Hmmmm,

Before I comment fully, did you pay any 'application or processing fee' to this 'college' before your application was accepted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:44am On Feb 19, 2009
pipmaster:

@Funkybabe,
I am applying for a UK visit visa. My sister who is a UK citizen is inviting me over for her graduation in March.
I want to know the format d release letter from my employer shd take?
Also apart 4rm the requirements you listed earlier at the beginning of dis thread are there an oda docs I will be needing to support my application?
Is it compulsory to include a CSCS account and a title deed? In case I dont ave one what is my fate?
I will appreciate a step-by-step guide in making this my first visa application a success.

The letter from your employers should be addressed to BHC clearly stating that you are a full-time staff of the company. That you have been granted permission to proceed on your annual vacation from 'so so date'and you are expected back on 'so so date'. The letter should also state the post you occupy in the organisation.

Include your payslips, tax clearance.

Shares certs and land doc not really a must but if you can get one, it might help your application. BHC believes that such docs are evidence that you have financial committments in your home country.
Even if it's 'paper receipt' of purchase of those village lands currently been sold at mowe,ofada, ikorodu and the likes grin grin try and get it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:51am On Feb 19, 2009
Cool-Shy-G:

Hi All,

Well my enquiries is, I went to UK twice last year, as they issued me 6 months visa. I went for training. But now i want to go for my private . and i have supporting letter from my employer to the embassy telling that i'm going for my privacy and they're sure of my returning to my home country again. The Problem is i'm afraid they refuse my visa because of my nationality as i'm from Somalia. But will that be a problem as i went twice and back again . I mean won't they have a trust that i can back with no problem as my visa shows that i went twice and back from london. And the reason that i want to go to uk is make some shopping and visiting friends.

I need QUICK Respond ,

Thanks

Since you've been to the UK twice and you did not over-stay, you should not have any problem with any subsequent application.
You are only renewing your visa and not a first time applicant
Ensure, you submit the basic relevant documents including a letter from your employer stating you are going on a private visit for 'so so duration'and you are expected back at work at a certain date.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 4:39pm On Feb 19, 2009
funkybaby:

Since you've been to the UK twice and you did not over-stay, you should not have any problem with any subsequent application.
You are only renewing your visa and not a first time applicant

same visa but different purpose/circumstances shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:57pm On Feb 19, 2009
Akola,

Do you term someone that has travelled to uk before a first time applicant?
What term is such called? Is it not visa renewal? Change in circumstances or not.
Seems you have forgotten, but it is the same forms for both first time applicants and those applying for renewal
Or did you miss the part where i stated that he should submit relevant documents??
Seems your iyawo keta was massaging your body when you made that post grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2009
funkybaby:

Akola,

Do you term someone that has travelled to uk before a first time applicant?
What term is such called? Is it not visa renewal? Change in circumstances or not.
Seems you have forgotten, but it is the same forms for both first time applicants and those applying for renewal
Or did you miss the part where i stated that he should submit relevant documents??
Seems your iyawo keta was massaging your body when you made that post grin grin

He travelled on training ealier: The whole bunch fall on the company

He intend to go on vacation : He's on his own.

Two completely different application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by CoolShyG(f): 6:32pm On Feb 20, 2009
True Akola,
My first application were training purpose but now its my own private trip, Even i'm confused shall i make the purpose of my trip visiting Friend,tourist or , don't know !! i was looking for strong reason that support my application.

NB: I'm she not he wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 22, 2009
@funkybabe, i didnt a dime for d application, it was free online app. Form. U can look it up at theip website for its authenticity, pls. Thnks Funmi, coincidentally u have same name with my elder sis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:18pm On Feb 22, 2009
@funkybabe, i didnt a dime for d application, it was free online app. Form. U can look it up at theip website for its authenticity, pls. Thnks Funmi, coincidentally u have same name with my elder sis.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 3:03pm On Feb 23, 2009
Cool-Shy-G:

True Akola,
My first application were training purpose but now its my own private trip, Even i'm confused shall i make the purpose of my trip visiting Friend,touri[b][/b]st or , don't know !! i was looking for strong reason that support my application.

NB: I'm she not he wink

You must have a reason why you want to travel to UK again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2009
@ Akolawole & Funky,
i want to know the position of a sponsor in the newly introduced point based student visa application in the UK (Tier-4 visa applicants). Does it mean that one has to be one's own sponsor,that is the cost of the tuition and accomodation in the UK has to be in the applicant's account.I want an explanation on the role of sponsors under the new system
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 5:28pm On Feb 26, 2009
brein:

i have check and its true i have even called the skool.where una for google this out,now i think i can afford to skool in UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by salsy07: 5:02pm On Mar 05, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am totally new to this forum and I apologize if the same kind of questions I am going to ask have already been answered previously but I did not have time to read all the topics on the forum.

My boyfriend had a valid student visa from the UK when he arrived at Gatwick last Tuesday. He had gone to India for holidays and was coming back to London. Unfortunately, he was refused entry, his visa was stamped "cancelled" and he was sent back to India the very same day. I talked to him on the phone and he said the officer had asked him a lot of questions and had come to the conclusion that he had been deceiving the UK government. I reckon that this is partly true because he has been in the UK for 7 years and had his visa renewed each year by registering to various colleges. The thing is that the UK Government always granted him a visa on each application, Anyway, I would like to know how to help him to come back now. Apparently, he has not been banned for one year or more (I asked him and he told me that there was no ban) and the officer told him that he could make other visa applications but on "genuine" grounds this time. I therefore have several questions:

1. Do the reasons of the refusal appear on his passport? If not, where can I get the information? How can I know if there is a ban or not ?
2. Can he appeal that decision now that he is back in India?
3. Can he apply for any kind of other visas or work permits for the UK any longer on a genuine reason? If so, will the application will be influenced by his "records" and the fact that he has been refused entry once?

Thank you for your answers. I feel quite helpless. He had a life here and now he has lost everything.
Kind regards.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 5:43pm On Mar 05, 2009
salsy07:

Hi everyone,

I am totally new to this forum and I apologize if the same kind of questions I am going to ask have already been answered previously but I did not have time to read all the topics on the forum.

My boyfriend had a valid student visa from the UK when he arrived at Gatwick last Tuesday. He had gone to India for holidays and was coming back to London. Unfortunately, he was refused entry, his visa was stamped "cancelled" and he was sent back to India the very same day. I talked to him on the phone and he said the officer had asked him a lot of questions and had come to the conclusion that he had been deceiving the UK government. I reckon that this is partly true because he has been in the UK for 7 years and had his visa renewed each year by registering to various colleges. The thing is that the UK Government always granted him a visa on each application, Anyway, I would like to know how to help him to come back now. Apparently, he has not been banned for one year or more (I asked him and he told me that there was no ban) and the officer told him that he could make other visa applications but on "genuine" grounds this time. I therefore have several questions:

1. Do the reasons of the refusal appear on his passport? If not, where can I get the information? How can I know if there is a ban or not ?
3. Can he apply for any kind of other visas or work permits for the UK any longer on a genuine reason? If so, will the application will be influenced by his "records" and the fact that he has been refused entry once?

Thank you for your answers. I feel quite helpless. He had a life here and now he has lost everything.
Kind regards.
WOW! Refusal at port of entry due to inconsistencies and irregularities with his stay in the UK. Studying for 7 years, and switching colleges every year? Thats so wrong. To answer your questions;

1. Yes there is a stamp of refusal on his passport. His record with the British Immigration would also hold the knowledge that he has been refused at port of entry to the UK. If there was a ban on his UK entrance, it would have been clearly stated in a written document to him. And moreover, his case does not deserve a ban to the best of my knowledge.

2. Was he given a right of appeal? I highly doubt there would have been one in respect to his case though. If he was given one however, yes he can appeal his case of refusal.

3. Yes he can apply for any other kind of visa. But he has to be mindful what kind of visa he is applying for, what are the requirements to the visa and how he perfectly meets the requirements. I would furthermore suggest, that he gets a competent immigration lawyer to closely look into his case. There are intelligent ways of handling these matter, it will take no doubt though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by salsy07: 6:11pm On Mar 05, 2009
Thank you for your answer Pataki. I don't know if your "that's so wrong" is ironical or not but it is true that he had lied about studying since he had given up his course to work (not in excess than 20 hours per week though) and I even think he said this to the officer in the holding room.

I think as well that I should ask a competent lawyer to handle his case. If you have any idea of where to find "competent" solicitors in London then I would be glad if you told me or recommend one, if possible.

You don't seem to be too pessimistic about his case, Thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by VOR(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2009
[i][/i]

In answer to your questions here goes;

1. The reasons for refusal do not appear on his passport. However, before removal he would have been given a notice which sets out why his visa was cancelled. If he was banned then it would have stated so in this notice.

2. This would depend on the type of cancellation of his visa/ refusal. A visa can generally be cancelled for two reasons, either change of purpose or change of circumstances. If it was a change of purpose cancellation then I am afraid there is no appeal against such a decision. If it was for a change of circumstances then he should have been given an in country right of appeal before removal to India. The only exception to this would be if he elected not to pursue his right of appeal in which circumstance he would have had to sign a disclaimer. Whether it was a change of purpose or circumstance cancellation would have been stated in the notice of cancellation.

3.Yes he certainly can apply for any other form of visa. Each application is supposed to be based on the merits of the application. But whether or not an application has merit is decided with regard to previous immigration history. Certainly your boyfriend's previous visa cancellation would be considered in a negative light. In my experience he would most likely be refused almost any other kind of visa. Sorry cry cry cry

Is your boyfriend Indian?

Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by salsy07: 12:21am On Mar 06, 2009
1. I need to find out exactly what the written notice says but he did not seem to have any document with him back to India.

2. When I phoned him, I asked him clearly if he had signed anything in the holding room and his answer was "no".

3. I am aware that his immigration history will be recorded. However, he has been enrolling to various colleges for 6 or 7 years and he has always been granted a visa by the UK, How come they never were suspicious before? Besides, I think that any man should have the right to rethink his life and try to do things "properly". He could, in any future application, mention what happened the day of his refusal and explain why he wants to go back on genuine reasons. Even if he has such an immigration background, if the future application is genuine and if he is truthful, maybe will he be granted another visa? Or am I too naive?,

Yes, he is Indian.

Thanks for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 12:47am On Mar 06, 2009
salsy07:

Thank you for your answer Pataki. I don't know if your "that's so wrong" is ironical or not but it is true that he had lied about studying since he had given up his course to work (not in excess than 20 hours per week though) and I even think he said this to the officer in the holding room.

I think as well that I should ask a competent lawyer to handle his case. If you have any idea of where to find "competent" solicitors in London then I would be glad if you told me or recommend one, if possible.

You don't seem to be too pessimistic about his case, Thanks for your help.
It is not ironical. I am just passing across my message of his wrongdoing in a subtle and gentle tone. Of course, he might have kept himself to the 20hours per week duration as specified (which is arguable though), it still does not remove the fact that the purpose of his stay was not achieved within the last 6-7years. I also know it is so easy for these colleges to issue letter for 'students' when money has exchanged hands. I can almost predict the kind of questions he was asked and he goofed in answering them. Which further led to the immigration officer probing him further and further.

What I do not understand is the fact that if he could renew his student visa in the UK for the past 6-7years, why was he not determined to just complete his study once and for all and switch into another category of stay which would definitely lead to his getting an Indefinite Leave to Remain? undecided

Am sorry, I cannot recommend any immigration lawyer to you in this instance. Since you are resident in the UK, I think you can work your way out around that.

For his future application, it might at first results in a refusal upon application, which I have observed with several cases often times. However, it does not remove the fact that, he can apply for a visa to the UK from India. Just as I earlier posited, he just needs to handle his subsequent application with extreme caution.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by VOR(m): 1:15am On Mar 06, 2009
Salsy07

Are you saying he was not served with a refusal notice?
I find this hard to believe.

Could he be hiding the real reasons for his refusal from you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 3:32am On Mar 06, 2009
@VOR, Pataki, Jesufunke

Welcome back guys!

Abi Seun don increase the wages? shocked

You guys dont even ask after Londoncool. Na wa o. If he remains banned and we continue to be active thats very bad.

@Funke

You can be handling all these pepepe visa requirements grin, yours truly want technical issues jare.

I deliberately ignore your mail undecided

@Salsy07

Are you a Nigerian? [ I have reason(s) for asking.]

Like VOR had said, he must be served a refusal notice. And to give you faultless advice, we need the content of the refusal notice.

No solicitor would take up the case without seeing the refusal notice.

@Pataki

Until recently, anything is possible for in-house visa renewals.

Stop following all those east london ladies who goes to universities, whose parents wire money to them in england from nigeria grin. Try to mingle with ajegunle settings who goes to all these £800 a year schools.

Of course people jump from college to college and still get through with visas. I can mention loads of colleges that "play ball " to you but law is seriously catching on them. The worse regularly come up when such students expose themselves to immigration officers at the airports by globe-troting.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 2:28pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ Akolawole,

I had already asked of LondonCool in the UK Visa Appeal thread. Was LondonCool banned? For what reason? This Nairaland sef. angry angry angry

East London girls ke? You want my Afro hair to be shaved with broken bottle by Madam? grin She has been threatening me for a while now. grin Nothing do me still. In fact, the rate at which Home Office just dey throwey refusals these days, it is getting alarming. I keep hearing gists here and there, most especially with this PSW thingy. Economic recession, no even come make matter better sef.

All those Paki-Naija collabo colleges are really been soiled (na wa o! is ''h.a.c.k.e.d'' not an English word? Why the censoring to ''soiled''? angry )down seriously now.

I even have a question to ask you sef. Is it true, that it is only Church of England, that is permitted to do Church weddings officially in the UK? This matter was a subject of argument with someone, sometimes back. What do you know about it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:46pm On Mar 06, 2009
Akolawole:

@VOR, Pataki, Jesufunke

Welcome back guys!

Abi Seun don increase the wages? shocked

You guys dont even ask after Londoncool. Na wa o. If he remains banned and we continue to be active thats very bad.

@Funke

You can be handling all these pepepe visa requirements grin, yours truly want technical issues jare.

I deliberately ignore your mail undecided

Akola, why you calling me 'Jesufunke', what happened to that 'other name' wink
You still dey vex with me over that issue cry
You just fashi me like that. Ko da oh cry
Shebi i don beg you cry
Oga oh, you ibadan men with ya hard mind

what did londoncool do to deserve a ban? shocked

Pataki:

East London girls ke? You want my Afro hair to be shaved with broken bottle by Madam? grin

Yup! My threat is still very valid ! angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2009
Pataki:

1) especially with this PSW thingy. Economic recession, no even come make matter better sef.

2) I even have a question to ask you sef. Is it true, that it is only Church of England, that is permitted to do Church weddings officially in the UK? This matter was a subject of argument with someone, sometimes back. What do you know about it?

1) People have problem interpreting the £800 maintenance fee but people that are wise are still getting through.

2) Yes, The church of england is headed by the crown, so its a priviledge. grin We got to be careful of the word "official wedding". Wedding now recognised for Visa issues within UK.

I can just go and marry Funke at RCCG Peckham with no wahala as long as Visa issues no come in. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 9:49pm On Mar 06, 2009
@Funke

You don teach me on "how not to believe people"

@Pataki-funky

U know say one lady don 419 me for here before?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by salsy07: 10:18pm On Mar 06, 2009
Hi there,

Thanks all for your answers. I have talked again to him and I think that he has been banned for 1 year from the UK since he has leaved voluntarily on the refusal. Therefore, I think that ANY kind of applications he would make will be refused during this one year. There are some exceptions though, that is if he comes on a fiancé visa or unmarried partner visa or spouse visa. I have some questions about this.

1. Is the spouse visa to be excluded since we are not married? If I want him to apply for this kind of visa, do I have to go to India, marry him and then make him apply? If so, is the marriage legal even though it has not been performed in the UK?

2. If he applies for a fiancé visa, I think I have read the marriage has to be done within 6 months during which the partner that comes to the UK cannot work legally. Can this kind of visa be transformed into another kind of visa ? (to avoid marrying, )

3. The unmarried partners visa requires to prove you have been in a relationship with the person for at leat 2 years. How can someone prove that, particularly if you have not been living together but in separate houses ?

@ Akolawole:

I am not Nigerian, I am French.

Thanks for your help, it is appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 11:33pm On Mar 06, 2009
Akolawole:

@Funke

You don teach me on "how not to believe people"

@Pataki-funky

U know say one lady don 419 me for here before?
Na only you? Well, in my days of goodwill, wrote an appeal for a lady on this forum, and I never heard from her immediately I sent the formatted copy of appeal to her. All emails I sent thereafter, she never acknowledged them. grin

Such is life though. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 11:38pm On Mar 06, 2009
@ Salsy07,

I think Akolawole and VOR can handle your case and tell you what to do. I do not have total and convincing knowledge about the intricacies to unmarried partner immigration.

Sorry.

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.