Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306079 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 1:26pm On Jul 15, 2009
@remoranger
au did u do it cos on NL it seems imposible to be issued an entry clearance.pls wat n wat did u submit so that we too can benefit.we b same now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 1:59pm On Jul 15, 2009
@ Remoranger

Congrats ! First person to get the PBS Tier 4 visa on Naira Land,can you please tell us what documents you used ? So people can benefit
And how much did you show for maintaince fee £5,400 or £7,200. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2009
I also got my Visa within ten working days of submission. There was no issue at all. I didn't touch the money in the account until the decision was reached. The documents I submitted include:
-General Student Visa Letter (from your school)
-Certificate of Acceptance (from the school)
-Official school receipt (I've already paid the whole tuition fees)
-Degree certificate
-SSCE certificate
-NYSC certificate
-Letter of admission (a letter of unconditional offer from the school)
-Transcipt
-Bank statement
-Reference letters (bank, employer and school)
-Passport photograph (in the required format)
-Valid International passport

Your application forms should be included and properly filled as stipulated in the guideline.

Depending on where you want to study

Inside London - GBP 800 per month

Outside London - GBP 600 per month.

As for me, I made sure I had a total of GBP8,000 in my account before applying because I'll be studying outside London.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by TonyTone1: 9:35pm On Jul 15, 2009
Congrats on your visa approval, are these the only documents u submitted?
I was thinking you need to include stuff like employment letters, tax clearance and all that

,please enlighten us on the exact documents you submitted and at what exchange rate did you arrive at 8k pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 16, 2009
Yeah. Those are the only documents I submitted. The process has changed. They only require you to have the cost of maintenance and tuition fees in your personal account.

I used the exchange rate converter on Oanda website. I even printed the page as at the day I was submitting to them.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 9:05am On Jul 16, 2009
@ sainberg

Was your school inside London or out side London ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2009
It's outside London. My maintanence fee should be GBP7,200 (GBP600*12months). I saved GBP8,000 in order for me to be on the safe side, which worked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 7:16am On Jul 17, 2009
@saintbeng: is it okay if i transfer a lump sum of money into the account at once and does it mean i dont have to show my sponsor's bank statement?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remoranger(m): 9:47am On Jul 17, 2009
@all saintberg as said it all

but however, let me add my own bit. the entire sum of money was transferred into the account. thats what dey need now. i left it inside for 28 days then i printed a statement. however to be on the safe side. i still included tax clearance, letter from where my oldman works, salary sheet et all. even though it was not needed. i did not even attend any interview.

the most important points i learned are

[list]
[li] BE HONEST AND PROVIDE ALL THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS[/li]
[li]HAVE AS MUCH MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT. EVEN SURPASSING THAT OF WHAT YOU NEED[/li]
[li]TAKE YOUR TIME AND FILL THE FORM[/li]
[li]YOU DO NOT NEED AN AGENT[/li]
[li]I REPEAT. YOU DONT NEED AN AGENT. ITS NOT NECESSARY. ITS JUST IGNORANCE THAT MAKES PPLE GET SWALLOWED BY AGENCY FEES[/li]
[/list]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remoranger(m): 9:52am On Jul 17, 2009
in addition

you do not need to show your NYSC CERT. i did not include it. you also dont need to show accomodation details. if you dont have any yet.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 1:10pm On Jul 17, 2009
saintbeng:

They only require you to have the cost of maintenance and tuition fees in your personal account.

remoranger:

i left it inside for 28 days then i printed a statement. however to be on the safe side. i

Am a little confused.

is the maintenance funds to be held in the account for 28days and then the applicant can go ahead and submit his application

or 28 days and then wait for another one month (money held in cash for 2months) before submitting the application?

how did you two do yours?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 17, 2009
I left the money in d account for 28days before applying. It's 28days not 2months.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2009
Please can anyone suggest how i can pay tuition fees abroad from my current account, which banks offer such services, the charges and if they do so at the official exchange rate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 12:25pm On Jul 18, 2009
@ violent
many banks do offer direct money transfer to some schools abroad dats if u av the full details of the schools bank account.i am sure of zenith and GTB nt all dere branches dough.u eida pay thru ur domociliary account direct to the bank account with litle or no charges or the bank help you to transfer it to the school account with bank charges.Zenith charges 1.6% of the amount transferred dat m sure of cos i used it to transfer my skool fees to UK in it tuk 10days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by torita: 5:01pm On Jul 19, 2009
please i want to know if the British high commission accepts statement of result in a situation where the applicants certificate is yet to be issued.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 5:31pm On Jul 19, 2009
torita:

please i want to know if the British high commission accepts statement of result in a situation where the applicants certificate is yet to be issued.

They would accept original transcipts in place of your certificate.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remoranger(m): 6:02pm On Jul 19, 2009
@torita
they accept statement of result. but if you used a transcript in applying to the school, you should include that also.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 2:16pm On Jul 20, 2009
remoranger:

@torita
they accept statement of result. but if you used a transcript in applying to the school, you should include that also.

remoranger

how many days did you leave the maintenance funds in your account? was it a bulk deposit or you paid in little bits?

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remoranger(m): 3:09pm On Jul 20, 2009
@ybab.
i just transferred everything at once and held it for 28 days. but not until october. holding the 28days is not compulsory.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 9:39am On Jul 21, 2009
remoranger:

@ybab.
i just transferred everything at once and held it for 28 days. but not until october. holding the 28days is not compulsory.

please explain what you mean by the highlightened phrase. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2009
ybab:

please explain what you mean by the highlightened phrase. thanks

He means for now,until 1st of October you don't need to keep moneyyour money for 28 days,but must just print it out on the day you apply,you really should read the UKBA website throughly.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 2:44am On Jul 22, 2009
@ Remoranger

If my certificate is not ready,and unilag does not give transcipts directly to students but sends it striaght to the University,can I use only certified statement of result to apply ?
Let me know.Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JSBEY: 5:22am On Jul 22, 2009
@ all, kadman

The rule is simple. What ever the University use for your unconditional offer as stated in your visa letter should be produced as evidence. if it is cert, transcript, certified true copy. the embassy has a way checkin. Note : dis ain't valid for waec as you are expected to have cert 4 ssce atleast 3 year after the exam. these days it is even less
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by torita: 7:58am On Jul 22, 2009
i submitted my passport and docs at the Visa Application Centre on 18th july, and was given a tentative collection date of 24th july ie friday. Currently i am working in Bayelsa State. Do i necessarily have to confirm if the passport is ready for collection from their website before going down to abuja?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 11:22am On Jul 22, 2009
torita:

i submitted my passport and docs at the Visa Application Centre on 18th july, and was given a tentative collection date of 24th july ie friday. Currently i am working in Bayelsa State. Do i necessarily have to confirm if the passport is ready for collection from their website before going down to abuja?

https://www.vfs.org.in/UKG-PassportTracking/ApplicantTrackStatus.aspx?Data=QjjeqT6tBJlHwGRUVZxtkA==

Follow this link,then click in the relevant informatio,it would tell you when you application is ready for pick up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 11:30am On Jul 22, 2009
hello to every one in the house ,,,i want you to all help me thank god , i went to the embassy yesterday to get my application for the new point base system student visa,, to god be the glory i was granted 3 yrs and 3 months , praise the lord for me , thanks for all ur support mr kadman, believe in yourself and always pray cause he answered when u ask. one love

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 2:50pm On Jul 23, 2009
Hi y'all,

I have been following this thread carefully from the beginning and I thank God for the great contributors here. You guys really helped me with alot of info.

I was rejected last yr at the BHC due to the tax doc i submitted with my application.I thought that was the end of the world,but today 9 months later i have my US visa. I was skeptical of using the same passport in order to avoid issues,but i trusted God and went ahead. It was all God!!!

My advice to ppl out there is that when you are rejected at an embassy it's not the end world. God might just be preparing you for the best like He did for me.

I would like to thank ppl like Akolawole,FunkyBaby,kadman,presjany,shawamma,Ojewole, others and even vikoviko who rose to help me out of the tax clearance mess.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sexibabes: 5:16pm On Jul 24, 2009
congrats to samdams and yetti
i am happy for u guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tayochk: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2009
pls house i want to renew my visa and i am applying for 2 yrs nw, wat n wat documents do i need though my fiance is sponsoring me n i just finished my NYSC and i am nt doing anything presently,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2009
Pls everyone, i have a lil prob. My middle name Ayodeji was spelt as Dyodeji on my waec certificate, is it okay if i go ahead and use it with my student visa application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by torita: 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2009
nairalanders u guys r really great. collected my student visa today exactly after 10 working days. these were the documents i submitted
1 visa letter from the university
2 documents used to get the visa letter ( in my case, statement of result and waec certificate)
3 tuition fees deposit payment receipt
4 nysc discharge certificate
5 banks statement of accounts ( my tuiion balance was 4,600 pounds + 5400 for maintenance = 10,000 pounds = 2,500,000) I had
2,600,000 in my personal account

these were all i submitted. wish all intending applicants the best. remain thankful for all the advice i got from remoranger, kadman, etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 2:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
torita:

nairalanders u guys r really great. collected my student visa today exactly after 10 working days. these were the documents i submitted
1 visa letter from the university
2 documents used to get the visa letter ( in my case, statement of result and waec certificate)
3 tuition fees deposit payment receipt
4 nysc discharge certificate
5 banks statement of accounts ( my tuiion balance was 4,600 pounds + 5400 for maintenance = 10,000 pounds = 2,500,000) I had
2,600,000 in my personal account

these were all i submitted. wish all intending applicants the best. remain thankful for all the advice i got from remoranger, kadman, etc

You're welcome my brother,congrats.
That's what I keep explaining to people,it's £5,400 for outside London,and £7,200 for inside London ! The maintance funds are NOT calculated by months,but is a fixed amount for inside & outside London.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.