Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,089 members, 7,825,434 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306150 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 4:29pm On Jun 16, 2009
@iz2much, the address in Ikeja is , Number 13 Billings Way Ikeja, the V.I Address is 11 Walter Carrington Crescent ,Ikoyi. if u need the sumbmission center is Ajose Adeogu road ,at zenon house bulding . i hope this will help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sexibabes: 11:41am On Jun 18, 2009
question about new points based system
if my ssponsor gives me the maintenance funds ie 5400+school fees and i lodge it into an account in my name
is it important when applying to also print out the sponsor's account or u can just submit with your own accountt that shows the money needed

pls those who have applied should enlighten us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 2:37pm On Jun 19, 2009
Hello Every One ,,
I got my Visa Letter , But i dont know if i can apply with the previous documents that was sent to me in Febuary I dont know if the Date on my Visa Letter and the date on the accomodation letter will affect my application ? I am abit confused here i need help before i submit it .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by breaka: 12:33pm On Jun 26, 2009
how can i apply fo UK visa appointment online??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 3:06pm On Jun 26, 2009
@sexibabes, I think i can help you here ,, do you have a yahoo im for us to chat so i will explain it to you better for you to know what the new point base system is all about and all they need you to do before you apply , send me ur im on yahoo or u can add me here is mine samdams2000 , i am online now ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2009
do u mean u cant just go there and submite your document again,do u have o book appointment 1st.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bamb2: 10:42pm On Jul 01, 2009
hi my name is segun i applied for student visa recently and i was asked to appeal but am reapplying the quesion i want to ask is that bhc have introduced a new student immigration rules can you explain what the rules is all about
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 10:47pm On Jul 01, 2009
@segun give me ur id on yahoo for us to chat so i can help u out here ok
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bamb2: 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2009
its adesegzy@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 11:02pm On Jul 01, 2009
Just added u now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sexibabes: 9:23am On Jul 02, 2009
samadams have u gotten urs.be careful what u advise people o.maybe u guys should discuss on d forum instead
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by samdams: 1:26pm On Jul 02, 2009
He is new to the process and i have contacted my agent and i can help him , Have i applied .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sexibabes: 9:09am On Jul 06, 2009
ok dear, i will keep you posted on mine, good luck to all of us
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by phantom(m): 5:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
Hi,please can someone give me an outline of the new points based system and is it possible to apply for permanent residency as a visitor?Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by plastymnim: 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2009
i have been coming to the uk on visit for 5 years now,mainly on holiday,does anyone know if its possible to get a stay
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tunnytox(m): 2:33pm On Jul 07, 2009
plastymnim:

i have been coming to the uk on visit for 5 years now,mainly on holiday,does anyone know if its possible to get a stay

You cannot get a permanent residency Indefinitely Leave to remain) in the UK on visitor's visa no matter how long you have been visiting the UK. To get a PR in the UK you will have to apply for leave in the UK under a visa that leads to settlement such as work permit, Tier 1 or by Marriage to UK/EEA national. and resides in the UK for a continous period of 5 years (2 years for spouse of UK citizen).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by plastymnim: 4:06pm On Jul 08, 2009
Thanks so much for the info.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by plastymnim: 4:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
does anyone have idea on how i can open a bank account with my visiting visa,i dont have the proof of address
they are requesting and i come to the uk often to see my family members,also i had little problem renewing my visiting visa
the last time i went to the embassy though ve had 2yrs visa twice cos i stayed for 4mths,the embassy man wanted to know what i was doing that long,i just like uk and have enough money to spend,most of my relations are here and i enjoy staying with them,why would he bother about what i was doing as long as i have the money to spend and have proof and i dont overstay the stated 6 months.for visit.i spend 4mths in uk and 3 mths in my own country.i find this place safer than nigeria where they ve started kidnapping people,no light,bad roads and there is no hope that things will get better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tunnytox(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2009
@plastymnim
It would be very difficult to open a bank account in the UK on your visiting visa. The best option available for you is to open a cash account online, I'll suggest you try Halifax or Alliance and Leicester. This account will have the same features like a normal account but you will be restricted from carrying out certain transaction or getting loan or overdraft on the account.

Concerning the little problem you had renewing your visa, my bro i must say that you are even lucky that this issue was raised with you by the embassy and not at the point of entry. If you are a frequent visitor they can even calculate all the time you spent in their country to determine whether you are a true visitor or not. I have seen people been sent back because after checking their 2 years visa they found out they actaully spent more than one year in the UK which obviuosly proved to them that such people are actually living in the UK rather than visiting. Your excuse about Nigerian not being safe and you having so many familiy members here will rather compound your problem if you disclose it to immigration officials as this will confirm their fears that you are not a genuine visitor.I will advise that you should rather think of how you can get yourself settled in the UK through one way or the other if you want peace of mind.
Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2009
Hi All,

My wife just applied for student visa and she was denied for insufficient funds. She had a balance the equivalent of 8,134 pounds in her account. She had outstanding school fees of 830 pounds, if you add that to the required 7,200 pounds, she needs only 8,030 pounds. The ECO stated in the letter that she didn't have enough to cover her maintenance of 7,200 pounds. (wassup with that) Anyway, she wants to do an administrative review but we don't know the address to send it to. Can anyone help with this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 1:23pm On Jul 09, 2009
Ldee0304:

Hi All,

My wife just applied for student visa and she was denied for insufficient funds. She had a balance the equivalent of 8,134 pounds in her account. She had outstanding school fees of 830 pounds, if you add that to the required 7,200 pounds, she needs only 8,030 pounds. The ECO stated in the letter that she didn't have enough to cover her maintenance of 7,200 pounds. (wassup with that) Anyway, she wants to do an administrative review but we don't know the address to send it to. Can anyone help with this?

Why not just reapply quickly and state all this in clear terms,what school did she apply to ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by plastymnim: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2009
Thanks tunnytox im already working on that.nice advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remoranger(m): 11:20am On Jul 12, 2009
i have just applied for a uk student visa, however my school said that they cant grant me accomodation until i show proof of visa acceptance, as a result in my application i did not include accomodation details, does this affect my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 12:46pm On Jul 12, 2009
remoranger:

i have just applied for a uk student visa, however my school said that they cant grant me accomodation until i show proof of visa acceptance, as a result in my application i did not include accomodation details, does this affect my chances?

Did you add that information into your application,and I hope you showed the maintance fee they required ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 12:50pm On Jul 13, 2009
@LDEE0304 did u withdraw from the account b4 gettin the decision or u didnt calculate the conversion from the site given by UKBA for foreign currency?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 2:20pm On Jul 13, 2009
as a matter of fact, more money came in after the application (salary). and conversion was from the oanda site provided.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 2:24pm On Jul 13, 2009
@taryour: I guess the ECO did not consider the 100 pounds that had already been paid for accomodation. But that shouldn't be !

Please, If anyone can help get the address administrative review should be sent to, it would be appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2009
Ldee0304:

@taryour: I guess the ECO did not consider the 100 pounds that had already been paid for accomodation. But that shouldn't be !

did she pay her accommodation fees?

if yes, how many weeks or months?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ldee0304: 4:47pm On Jul 13, 2009
yes, 100 pounds for 1 week accomodation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by remoranger(m): 9:29am On Jul 15, 2009
@kadman
Thanks. i did. i just got my visa. it was not as terrible as it sounded at NL

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.