Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,810 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306761 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:46am On Jul 01, 2010
kentro201:

i dont have that(cas), i called the school and they said the visa letter was sent last week but it was also be scanned to me, so i wont be able to apply now cos my money would just be deposited next week?what do you advise

Which school is that?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 9:47am On Jul 01, 2010
the university of the west of scotland, Am also about to get the money lodged in my account , so am wondering if i can still apply early august
?/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:00am On Jul 01, 2010
kentro201:

the university of the west of scotland, Am also about to get the money lodged in my account , so am wondering if i can still apply early august
?/

Please check that school very well, i'm sure that that school is a Register of Sponsors Licensed Under the Points-Based System.
The school name is not listed here.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/documents/employersandsponsors/pointsbasedsystem/registerofsponsorseducation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 10:15am On Jul 01, 2010
I checked and its not there, So does this mean i can apply or if i do they will refuse me visa, they have a licecnce number and i think its the biggest university in scotland, please what do i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by datruguy: 8:27pm On Jul 01, 2010
editted
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kentro201: 9:19am On Jul 02, 2010
@ datruguy, please what do u mean by editted?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jt2010: 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2010
Guys’ at Travel Section, I hail o. I give honour to whom honour is due.  Please I need the travel advise or options of the pros in the house as regarding my plan holiday trip to either UK or Europe during my leave period in November. Am single and work as an IT staff of an engineering firm in the oil and gas industry. My take home is about 200k per month. I just want to experience life out Nigeria as a tourist during my two weeks annual leave coming up in November. Am hoping to apply for UK Visa as a general visitor during this period as a tourist. I plan to state in an hotels so I know I need hotel reservation; I also intend booking online for sightseeing  tour like a visit to Buckingham Palace, Big Bus Company, Chelsea Football Club: Stadium Tours.

This is just my plan, but here is my financial status as of today. I do have about 1.3M in my account, 1.2M Stocks through a stock brokering firm. A Land mortgage in Ofada for 550K. I have paid about 300K. Please I need your advise.

Please give you option whether am good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:58pm On Jul 04, 2010
jt2010:

Guys’ at Travel Section, I hail o. I give honour to whom honour is due. Please I need the travel advise or options of the pros in the house as regarding my plan holiday trip to either UK or Europe during my leave period in November. Am single and work as an IT staff of an engineering firm in the oil and gas industry. My take home is about 200k per month. I just want to experience life out Nigeria as a tourist during my two weeks annual leave coming up in November. Am hoping to apply for UK Visa as a general visitor during this period as a tourist. I plan to state in an hotels so I know I need hotel reservation; I also intend booking online for sightseeing tour like a visit to Buckingham Palace, Big Bus Company, Chelsea Football Club: Stadium Tours.

This is just my plan, but here is my financial status as of today. I do have about 1.3M in my account, 1.2M Stocks through a stock brokering firm. A Land mortgage in Ofada for 550K. I have paid about 300K. Please I need your advise.

Please give you option whether am good to go.
You are good to go my guy,just study the requirement in the UK border website and get all your stuff together,Oh and checkif the Big Bus goes 2wards all where you wanna visit
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyesofgold(m): 10:05am On Jul 05, 2010
greetings to you all out here, you guys are really doing great with your contributions and advice. i have a little different problem. I have gotten an offer 4rm Bournemouth university and university of salford, while Bournemouth is i a small town, Salford is in a big city. and Bournemouth is highly rated than salford, i love to be in a big city. I am confused whether to go for the highly ranked school or for the school in a Big city. Please your candid advice and opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:05pm On Jul 05, 2010
eyesofgold:

greetings to you all out here, you guys are really doing great with your contributions and advice. i have a little different problem. I have gotten an offer 4rm Bournemouth university and university of salford, while Bournemouth is i a small town, Salford is in a big city. and Bournemouth is highly rated than salford, i love to be in a big city. I am confused whether to go for the highly ranked school or for the school in a Big city. Please your candid advice and opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks
My guy, the only difrential thing here would be cost of living, now I would advice you to do a lil bit of research on line regarding cost of living in bothe places ie cost of rent etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyesofgold(m): 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2010
dear nairalanders, please i need your candid opinions on these universities. University of aberdeen, bournemouth university, university of salford and university of birmigham. I do not know which to chooose. I have an offer from all of them. Please help needed i am so confused. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:01pm On Jul 06, 2010
eyesofgold:

dear nairalanders, please i need your candid opinions on these universities. University of aberdeen, bournemouth university, university of salford and university of birmigham. I do not know which to chooose. I have an offer from all of them. Please help needed i am so confused. Thanks

If you are going by ranking then Aberdeen and Birmgham stands out, but u need to consider the cost of studying in any of those universities.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by eyesofgold(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2010
dear nairalanders, please i need your candid opinions on these universities. University of aberdeen, bournemouth university, university of salford and birmigham city university. I do not know which to chooose. I have an offer from all of them. Please help needed i am so confused. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 12:45pm On Jul 07, 2010
Hi ma pple,

Please how do one check the application status online?
which of the sites do one use plus which of the numerous
no?

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Laughter1(m): 10:46am On Jul 09, 2010
eyesofgold:

dear nairalanders, please i need your candid opinions on these universities. University of aberdeen, bournemouth university, university of salford and birmigham city university. I do not know which to chooose. I have an offer from all of them. Please help needed i am so confused. Thanks

@ eyesofGold
If I were you, I would go for University of Aberdeen, Its got better reputation than the others, certainly don't go for bournemouth and salford, creepy Unis. Good luck wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Jeebus: 10:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
How's everyone doing?Justwise and others u r doing a great work.

I once applied for UK visa in 05 and i was refused.I was a student then in the Uni,can't remember vividly and exactly what the reason for refusal was then(something to do with my sponsor's account or so) but i can remember i was given the chance to appeal and i did not.That was on my old pee and now i have got a new int'l pee that has the same name with the old pee but not the same year of birth.Old had xx/xx/82(wrong DOB) whilst the new one has xx/xx/79(which is my actual DOB) with the day and month been the only correlating figures and the year of birth varying.

Now i want to make a new application as a worker,every other neccesary documents have been obtained but i intend to write in this new form that i have been denied before on my old pee but i see this irregularity in year of birth as a cog. . . what can be done?

The new pee is not a virgin pee too(been to Kenya,South Africa,Malaysia and India for official purposes)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 11, 2010
okay so this is a very interesting forum, really helps a lot. Now the thing is I gat a lil prob and I need ur advice on wot to do.
I've bin married for some months,we courted for 4years, we have a 2year old son, my hubby is british, he's got his british passport, but we are all based in naija ere. Now he plans for I and our son to relocate to th UK, so we also can get our citizenship, especially our son. Now am confused as to wat visa am applyn for, I've checked 3diff applications and der hve lil loopholes, like the settlement visa is really okay as I hve all my information, except the part where it states sponsors accodomation, documents like mortgages, rent agreement, we don't hve a house in the UK, but we hve a lot of relatives and friends that are willing to help out. The marriage visa, isn't really necessary since we'r already married. Pls what can I do, really need help
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 10:45am On Jul 11, 2010
koibilo:

okay so this is a very interesting forum, really helps a lot. Now the thing is I gat a lil prob and I need your advice on wot to do.
I've bin married for some months,we courted for 4years, we have a 2year old son, my hubby is british, he's got his british passport, but we are all based in naija ere. Now he plans for I and our son to relocate to th UK, so we also can get our citizenship, especially our son. Now am confused as to wat visa am applyn for, I've checked 3diff applications and der hve lil loopholes, like the settlement visa is really okay as I hve all my information, except the part where it states sponsors accodomation, documents like mortgages, rent agreement, we don't hve a house in the UK, but we hve a lot of relatives and friends that are willing to help out. The marriage visa, isn't really necessary since we'r already married. Pls what can I do, really need help

If your husband was british when your son was born, your son will automatically be british. Instead of applying for visa, your son can apply for his own british passport.
Accommodation documents, could be property deed, mortgage statement, land registry or tenancy agreement, If you have friends that are willing to help, tell them to send you documents proving they own the house, write a letter confirming they are willing to accommodate you without paying no rent and get a property inspection report stating the accommodation wont be overcrowded when you and your family move in.
Hope this helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 2:48pm On Jul 11, 2010
@koibilo
well you are %50 there, now segzybaba is right, your Son can apply for his own british P, now for settlement VISA, your hubby would need to return to the uk look for a JOB,rent a flat at least TWO bedroom,Secure utility Bills in his name for a minimum of 6mths together with banks statement and proof of income to be entirely honest with you, all these might take him more than a year to ashive,I dont know your hubby's qualification but my advice is he gets back to the UK ASAP to start the ball rolling or if you want teh soft option, you guys could remain in 9ja for the next 4 years and apply for indefinate right to remain in the Uk as a person married to a british citizen whom you have lived with for the past 4 yrs married and reside outside of the UK/EU.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 2:56pm On Jul 11, 2010
Jeebus:

How's everyone doing?Justwise and others u r doing a great work.

I once applied for UK visa in 05 and i was refused.I was a student then in the Uni,can't remember vividly and exactly what the reason for refusal was then(something to do with my sponsor's account or so) but i can remember i was given the chance to appeal and i did not.That was on my old pee and now i have got a new int'l pee that has the same name with the old pee but not the same year of birth.Old had xx/xx/82(wrong DOB) whilst the new one has xx/xx/79(which is my actual DOB) with the day and month been the only correlating figures and the year of birth varying.

Now i want to make a new application as a worker,every other neccesary documents have been obtained but i intend to write in this new form that i have been denied before on my old pee but i see this irregularity in year of birth as a cog. . . what can be done?

The new pee is not a virgin pee too(been to Kenya,South Africa,Malaysia and India for official purposes)
Young Man lok B4 you leep, the new Uk govt are proposing not employing anyone outside of the EU unless they cant find someone from the EU of which that vacancy is being advertised,now as re your kpali matter try to coed thigs here oh guy because other people dey read all wetin U de yan here make dem no think say nah so we all B,my advice regarding you and your Pee is that no mention anything regarding the Old one as you will contradicting yourself ie inviting the 10 yr ban,regarding the working VISA thing, its real,you can check for yourself.If you got a good Job in 9ja ,stick to it and only come here for holidays,not that there is much here for holiday as we all are always too busy working no time.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by londoner22: 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2010
Hi Erico2k2,

i have a litte question and i am hoping you or anyone else will be able to answer. My issue is this: i had a child in the UK thru NHS in 2008 and i came back to Nigeria in 2009. I got the usual brith certificte and things, i endorsed my child on my passport back then. Now i want to apply for a uk visa for my child, should i state that he was born in Nigeria , or should i state that he was born in the UK and face the various questions the UKemabssy may pose regading hospital, private or public bla bla. As there really is no benefit in having your child in the UK except for quality medical care, is there an advantage ins tatingthat he chil was born in UK though parents re not citizens and was thru NHS.

i look forward to your helpul answer, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 3:41pm On Jul 13, 2010
londoner22:

Hi Erico2k2,

i have a litte question and i am hoping you or anyone else will be able to answer. My issue is this: i had a child in the UK thru NHS in 2008 and i came back to Nigeria in 2009. I got the usual brith certificte and things, i endorsed my child on my passport back then. Now i want to apply for a uk visa for my child, should i state that he was born in Nigeria , or should i state that he was born in the UK and face the various questions the UKemabssy may pose regading hospital, private or public bla bla. As there really is no benefit in having your child in the UK except for quality medical care, is there an advantage ins tatingthat he chil was born in UK though parents re not citizens and was thru NHS.

You should endeavour to tell the truth. Your child was born in the UK so state this in your application. If you say your child was born in Naija, it means you'll have to falsify a birth certificate. Innit? I mean, what's the point of that? When you registered the birth here, did you not put your name on the birth certificate (and/or the dad's?) Did you use someone else's details to enable you get free medical care which means it is that person's details on the child's BC? If the latter, then I can understand your concerns and you could be accused of child-trafficking shocked (if your details are not on the BC). Tell the story as e be wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by londoner22: 3:45pm On Jul 13, 2010
ok i have heard you. my details are on the child's bc.

however what do you think wll be the repercussion if its stated that he was born in the uk whilst the mum was a visitor undecided lipsrsealed tongue cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2010
londoner22:

ok i have heard you. my details are on the child's bc.

however what do you think wll be the repercussion if its stated that he was born in the uk whilst the mum was a visitor undecided lipsrsealed tongue cool

You are only likely to be refused for 'previous recourse to NHS treatment when not entitled' thats paragraph 320 (11) which is discretionary. You can contact the NHS and pay for the service they render to you, which ofcourse means you went private.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 5:26pm On Jul 13, 2010
But would they really ask if you gave birth on the NHS or privately? They're more than likely to simply ask which hospital and the same hospital is also used for both services.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:57pm On Jul 13, 2010
@londoner22
sorry 4 late reply I have been busy with work and that, well i think your question has already been answered,Plz tell the truth,your Child was born in the Uk,tender his BC, I would assume your details areon the BC,by theway, i got few question for you,how did you travel out of the Uk with the child? if its fru legit means,have that answer up your sleeve,the ECO never check for anything that you have not provided ie BC and the lot, i found that out the hard way and hope you know your child can still apply for his/her british passport when they turn 18.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by londoner22: 9:07am On Jul 14, 2010
thanks erico.

i travelled out of the UK legitimately, i just endorsed him on my passport the normal way at the nigeiran embassy when i was coming back o nigeria. how can he appply for a british passport, when he left the uk and he is in Nigeria ( dont really have plans of relocating there for now) please enlihten me on that. my questiosn are if he states that he was born in the UK, will he be issued a visiting visa, knowing that his mum had him thru NHS as a visitor or they wont ask about that ( i read that they may requet for the receipt of the hospital etc) . also will it affect me if i want to renew my UK visa.

waiting for your response smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jhyde2007: 9:48pm On Jul 14, 2010
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 10:42pm On Jul 14, 2010
jhyde2007:

I wrote ielts exam in aug 2008.will it be expiring in aug 2010 or has it expired already.?Pls comment peeps.

Test reports have a validity of two years. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 12:25am On Jul 15, 2010
londoner22:

Hi Erico2k2,

londoner22:

thanks erico.

i travelled out of the UK legitimately, i just endorsed him on my passport the normal way at the nigeiran embassy when i was coming back o nigeria. how can he appply for a british passport, when he left the uk and he is in Nigeria ( dont really have plans of relocating there for now) please enlihten me on that. my questiosn are if he states that he was born in the UK, will he be issued a visiting visa, knowing that his mum had him thru NHS as a visitor or they wont ask about that ( i read that they may requet for the receipt of the hospital etc) . also will it affect me if i want to renew my UK visa.

waiting for your response smiley

from d highighted statements in your previous posts, it means u n your child's mother has no british passport or stay in the uk, so HOW CAN your child apply for a british passport? = NOT POSSIBLE

so till this day ppl do not know that even if u give birth to your child in d uk (private or NHS) since 1983 or so, whereby the father or mother of the child does not have a stay/british passport/EU passport in the uk = not entitled to automatic british citizenshipshocked shocked shocked

on d visa application forms, i cant remember if dey ask where one was born but if dey do (dont dey ask 4 bc too? undecided) then u gats to tell d truth and hope n pray that dey dont ask u if u paid d hospital bill, if dey do n dey find out that u used NHS without paying = WAHALA DEY OH = no visa 4 u, your wife & kid
GOOD LUCK m8!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 7:41am On Jul 15, 2010
As a visitor to the UK, how was it possible to access the National Health service? My uncle, a British Citizen, went to Nigeria on holiday and started courting a lady who eventually fell pregnant. He brought her over when she was about 7 months gone. Despite my uncle being a citizen, she was refused NHS treatment for the rest of her pregnancy and Uncle had to pay privately. He wasn't too pleased grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by osarodon(m): 8:41am On Jul 15, 2010
I have only visited South Africa for a week which was in 2006 for an international training organised by VIASAT Inc.
I intend to travel to UK soon for holiday

I have the following supporting document

1) I work with a telecommunication company that provide network services for banks
2) Pay slips and my pay was increase this month from 204k to 303k(current monthly salary of N303,000)
3) Statements of Personal Current and Savings accounts (which will amount to over N900,000 before application date)
4) Domiciliary account statement showing past transaction totaling $15,000 but with current balance of $200 (though I use this account for car importation business from USA and the business is unregistered,it is been carried out in my name, do I need to show evidence of cars I have sold? because I have transaction evidence
5) 2 Statements of Savings account I setup for my 2 kids worth over N200,000 and this has been running for almost 2yrs now
6) Employment letter
7) letter of introduction from employer
8.) Marriage certificate of almost 3yrs
9) Children's birth certificate of my 2 kids(1st child 1yr 10 months and 2nd child 7months)
10)Landed property document worth about N750,000

I will like to know my chances of been granted VISA and I will also appreciate your advise on the form of visa I should apply for because I have no one to invite me for now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (145)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.