Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,669 members, 7,844,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306529 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Choosy: 4:52pm On Jul 26, 2010
Hi All,

Is it necessary to show source of fund i put in my personal acct to meet the 2,800 pounds requirements (for 3 months) for my Tier 1 application?

*Note: I have a steady flow of transaction in the acount I only want to add more to meet the requirement.

Thanks y'all. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunbizzle: 6:12pm On Jul 26, 2010
Thanking GOD for getting my student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tyolsgirl: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2010
kunbizzle:

Congrats,
How many working days did it take please, and can you please share hints on the documents you submitted, Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunbizzle: 6:05am On Jul 27, 2010
It took more than fifteen working days.I submitted my nysc certificate,my university certificate,my NECO result,where my CAS number was written,my accomodation and statement of account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 8:23am On Jul 27, 2010
kunbizzle:

Congrat.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ebonyman01: 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2010
Afternoon my people,

I applied for UK visa this month and i was refused on the basis that:

1. I only submitted a photocopy of sister and my brother in-laws marriage certificate (My brother in law is my main sponsor whilst a family friend in the UK is my 2nd sponsor). The ECO said that they didn't believe the relationship between me and my brother in law as they could not verify the photocopied marriage certificate.

2. The bank account i showed for my 2nd sponsor (the family friend in UK) is overdrawn by £2k, though it has a monthly inflow and outflow of £15k-£20k. The ECO said the balance of the account being withdrawn meant that my second sponsor wouldn't be able to afford my Visit (even though his invitation letter only stated that he would provide accommodation and feeding, nothing else).

Anyway, i was not given a right of appeal as it was a visit visa. I was then told by my UK sponsor to write a letter of reconsideration and include the original marriage certificate. My family friend also sent his business bank statement for the last 6 months (not overdrawn) and also, his corresponding company registration documents.

My question to the house is this: Where or to whom do I hand in the letter of reconsideration, along with all the other documents to?

Do I have to go to the new visa office in lekki, or the BHC office at walter carrington (VI)?

Many thanks in advance for any help/answers received.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by teeewai(m): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2010
Hi Y'all,

need some advice in here, got adm with Birmingham city uni MSc and resumption date is Sept 13, my funds just got into my account today to the tune of N4m which is able to take care of the tuition fee (10350pds) and 6,000pds maintenance fee, so my 28 days start counting from now.

1 Can i use my NECO cert as part of the supporting documents, cos i actually got an uncoditional offer through the certificate

2. Do i leave the funds in Naira (in my savings account ) or convert it pounds in my Domicilairy account

3. Considering the days, 28 days in the bank, 15 working days visa processing, do you think i still have a better chance as the school resumes sept 13.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by temodent(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2010
@ Siena, please I would like to know, with a 6months visa under what special circumstance can you request for an extention of your visa, granted you are already in the uk. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chemali: 10:00pm On Jul 27, 2010
temodent:

@ Siena, please I would like to know, with a 6months visa under what special circumstance can you request for an extention of your visa, granted you are already in the uk. Thank you

no special circumstance whatsoever. except you are dying in a uk hospital and you cannot move your legs to heathrow airport.

extension of a uk visiting visa while in the uk? do not let anyone deceive you. it is not possible.

with the present situation of things in uk, only a fool overstays on a visiting visa. go back home, renew your visa and then you can comeback.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 2wise4real: 1:45am On Jul 29, 2010
Hello Nlanders,
Pls i need a candid adv for my gud friend. He applied to UK embassy some years back about 7yrs ago, he was denied based on the fact that he was not financially buoyant, he didn't use any fake or forged documents though, he has relocated to europe and he is planning to visit uk, but he is afraid cus he has some complicating issues,
1. He applied as a married man then, ofwhc he is single now
2. There is difference in the birth yr he used then and the one he has now on his intl P.

The UK embassy havenot started biometric data then, so his fingerprints were not taken, The guy is willing to visit UK as a tourist now but he is afraid that the UK embassy might still have his old information on their database. Pls, can he still proceed with the application and do you think it won't cause him any problems if he decided to apply and fill the form that he has not applied before, do you think the UK consulars can easily detect his identity? Cus it's really complicating and there is nothing he can do to defend his earlier application cus the agent that helped him then cannot be traced anymore.
Your candid adv would be appreciated!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 2:12am On Jul 29, 2010
does any1 know if ppl's passports r stamped when coming out of d uk l8ly?
dey didnt use to do this b4
i know u def get stamped in @d airport (foreign passports/non british n EU passports) when u arrive but what about departure?
ta in advance
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:52am On Jul 29, 2010
ceasyc:

i know u def get stamped in @d airport (foreign passports/non british n EU passports) when u arrive [size=14pt]but what about departure?[/size]
ta in advance

nope. they do not stamp on departure. . . . as at two weeks ago though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segzeybaba(m): 9:39am On Jul 29, 2010
ceasyc:

i know u def get stamped in @d airport (foreign passports/non british n EU passports) when u arrive but what about departure?
ta in advance

They dont stamp when going out of the UK but lately they have been sort of an immigration embarkment control at major airports, checking on those who overstayed or who came in illegally, therefore serving them removal papers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 9:45am On Jul 29, 2010
^^^ thx guys
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ebonyman01: 4:59pm On Jul 29, 2010
@Siena, Mr Pataki, Funkybaby

Afternoon my people,

1. I only submitted a photocopy of sister and my brother in-laws marriage certificate (My brother in law is my main sponsor whilst a family friend in the UK is my 2nd sponsor). The ECO said that they didn't believe the relationship between me and my brother in law as they could not verify the photocopied marriage certificate.

2. The bank account i showed for my 2nd sponsor (the family friend in UK) is overdrawn by £2k, though it has a monthly inflow and outflow of £15k-£20k. The ECO said the balance of the account being withdrawn meant that my second sponsor wouldn't be able to afford my Visit (even though his invitation letter only stated that he would provide accommodation and feeding, nothing else).

Anyway, i was not given a right of appeal as it was a visit visa. I was then told by my UK sponsor to write a letter of reconsideration and include the original marriage certificate. My family friend also sent his business bank statement for the last 6 months (not overdrawn) and also, his corresponding company registration documents.

My question to the house is this: Where or to whom do I hand in the letter of reconsideration, along with all the other documents to?

Do I have to go to the new visa office in lekki, or the BHC office at walter carrington (VI)?

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by UNLEASHED(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2010
I heard from a friend in Manchester that UK colleges will start admitting international students strictly by TOEFL starting from august 12 of this year. I've googled but found no info about the rumour, how trus is that? Please advise before i spend too much because i am not ready to write toefl!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Tegese: 11:36pm On Jul 31, 2010
ebonyman01:

@Siena, Mr Pataki, Funkybaby

Afternoon my people,

other people could have had a word or two to say, but they might not be willing to comment because you specified the people that you wish to hear from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2010
2wise4real:

Hello Nlanders,
Pls i need a candid adv for my gud friend. He applied to UK embassy some years back about 7yrs ago, he was denied based on the fact that he was not financially buoyant, he didn't use any fake or forged documents though, he has relocated to europe and he is planning to visit uk, but he is afraid cus he has some complicating issues,
2. There is difference in the birth yr he used then and the one he has now on his intl P.

The UK embassy havenot started biometric data then, so his fingerprints were not taken, The guy is willing to visit UK as a tourist now but he is afraid that the UK embassy might still have his old information on their database. Pls, can he still proceed with the application and do you think it won't cause him any problems if he decided to apply and fill the form that he has not applied before, do you think the UK consulars can easily detect his identity? Cus it's really complicating and there is nothing he can do to defend his earlier application cus the agent that helped him then cannot be traced anymore.
Yes, it is a very complicated case, and indeed sensitive in its context. Now, it is mostly important to bear in mind that the consequences of being detected of attempting to outsmart their intelligence would cost you a ban from the UK for 10 years, and the UK authority might proceed to correspond with your current country of residence and advise against your fraudulent identity.
It's difficult to suggest much due to the little knowledge i have about the information (ie, parents data) that you provided in your failed UK visa application and the current data with which your Residence Permit was established by another EU state; therefore, i don't know if it is a wise thing for you to deny the previous application. However, if my memory serves me right, i expect your failed visa application data to be destroyed after 10 years under the data protection act, and that means, you might have to wait for 3 years and then, apply for the visa as a new clean man.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2010
2wise4real:

Hello Nlanders,
   I just checked your post again and i observed that you contradict yourself, are you also trying to fool those who you expect to get advice from?
   First of all, i have reasons to believe that you're the one that is involved and not your friend, and i don't see any reason why you should attribute this story to someone else. Now, you state that you didn't use any fake nor forge documents, but then you proceed to state that:
2wise4real:

[size=30pt]1. He applied as a married man then, ofwhc he is single now[/size]

Now, How do you explain the undisputed credibility of the marriage certificate that you presented? Original indeed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 2:59am On Aug 02, 2010
2wise4real:

Hello Nlanders,

since his fingerprints were not taken 7yrs ago then he's good to go i think, cos if he applies to d uk now n d details he puts down on d uk visa forms are different from d ones he put down b4 e.g father's/mother's name, his name, d.o.b, wife's name, children's name, address, etc then like i stated b4, he's good to go. then write dat he hasnt applied b4, it isnt dat easy to detect dat way (dem ppl aint as smart or dumb as we think) grin

if sum/all of d details he put down now r d same wit d old ones then wahala dey oh

anywho goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adedolaseu(m): 10:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
UK Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter

Help Me! Help Me!! Help Me!!!
I applied for visa renewal, I didn't over stay. I only used a month out of the 6 months visa(Business Visit) I had, when I came back to Nigeria I still had few months left on my visa which was last year Oct/Nov. I submitted my visa renewal on May 19 2010, and I got my application back July 28 2010. The confusing part was that my visa was no issued, no refusal stamp, no refusal letter, They only took my statement of account and they wrote "LAG, " at the last page of my passport, when I got my first visa, they wrote the same "LAG, " at the same page, but with different numbers. I'm not sure what to do, Securities won't let me in at British Embassy, they don't even listen to my complaint. Some people said, my visa was issued but the visa officer must have forgot to paste the visa sticker on my passport page. I'm apparently sure that I have no reason to be refused, PLEASE ADVICE!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 12:06am On Aug 03, 2010
adedolaseu:

UK Visa Application ; No Visa Issuance, No Refusal Stamp & Letter

Help Me! Help Me!! Help Me!!!
I applied for visa renewal, I didn't over stay. I only used a month out of the 6 months visa(Business Visit) I had, when I came back to Nigeria I still had few months left on my visa which was last year Oct/Nov. I submitted my visa renewal on May 19 2010, and I got my application back July 28 2010. The confusing part was that my visa was no issued, no refusal stamp, no refusal letter, They only took my statement of account and they wrote "LAG, " at the last page of my passport, when I got my first visa, they wrote the same "LAG, " at the same page, but with different numbers. I'm not sure what to do, Securities won't let me in at British Embassy, they don't even listen to my complaint. Some people said, my visa was issued but the visa officer must have forgot to paste the visa sticker on my passport page. I'm apparently sure that I have no reason to be refused, PLEASE ADVICE!!!
Well, with the development of fingerprinting and scanning technology, it might not be necessary for the UK embassy to stamp a passport after visa refusal. But, i don't think your application was refused, the UK embassy does not refuse visa application without issuing a letter to this effect, therefore, i'm of the opinion that the visa was approved, but the sticker wasn't applied as a result of human error.
I'll advice you to return to the British embassy and approach these rabid security staff in a calm manner and body language that they like to hear in order to give you the needed attention, then, you can explain to them the reason you call at the embassy, stressing that the visa officer had made an error. Actually, there would be nothing wrong if you sent a registered post addressing it to the office of the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager): Remember to attach photo-copies of the documented pages of your passport and your contact information. If you need further assistance, do let us know, i hope others contribute. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adedolaseu(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2010
Vicjustice:

Well, with the development of fingerprinting and scanning technology, it might not be necessary for the UK embassy to stamp a passport after visa refusal. But, i don't think your application was refused, the UK embassy does not refuse visa application without issuing a letter to this effect, therefore, i'm of the opinion that the visa was approved, but the sticker wasn't applied as a result of human error.
I'll advice you to return to the British embassy and approach these rabid security staff in a calm manner and body language that they like to hear in order to give you the needed attention, then, you can explain to them the reason you call at the embassy, stressing that the visa officer had made an error. Actually, there would be nothing wrong if you sent a registered post addressing it to the office of the ECM (Entry Clearance Manager): Remember to attach photo-copies of the documented pages of your passport and your contact information. If you need further assistance, do let us know, i hope others contribute. Cheers

I spoke to them in a very calm manner, but they are just acting like animals, They are so self-centered and acting based on their own-self instructions, not the instructions from the authorities. I'm so pissed off, how can I get hold of the ECM? I need more information,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by afulstop: 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2010
@adedolaseu:u have to go to the DBHC lagos early on any weekday morning,say before 8am like u are attending an interview.u will find a lot of pple who have come for various reasons rangimg frm interviews to all sorts of complaints. U guys will be seated in the seating area outside the gates.At about 8 am,someone will come out frm the embassy to allow the folks on appointment into the HC as soon as they show their letter.everyone seated will take turns to talk.when it gets to your turn show the collection slip,passport et al tht u got frm the VFS and explain urself humbly.The embassy official should take your docs in for checks and come out with an explanation within minutes.It is well!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bunny22: 10:40am On Aug 04, 2010
Hi all.
I have been offered admission in a uk unversity and I'm still expecting my CAS but I just found out that my neco certificate and degree notification of result are missing.
Please I need advice on what do do as I'm going to need them for my visa application?
Please advice on what to do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bunny22: 11:23am On Aug 04, 2010
One more thing, my dad paid 1.8m in my account for maintenance. Do I still need a sponsorship letter from him? Lastly, my transcript is not in a sealed envelope. Do I need to get a sealed one addressed to BHC
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 2:13pm On Aug 04, 2010
bunny22:

One more thing, my dad paid 1.8m in my account for maintenance. Do I still need a sponsorship letter from him? Lastly, my transcript is not in a sealed envelope. Do I need to get a sealed one addressed to BHC
The 1.8M Naira that was lodge into your account could be withdrawn after the issuance of visa. . . This is how the ECO sees it and therefore the visa officer would not want to approve the visa. You have to present an account with at least, 3 months transaction history that should reveal the origin of the sum, ie how the 1.8M Naira was accumulated. Better still, you need a sponsor.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bunny22: 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2010
@VicJustice: even when I've paid my tuition in full&part of my accommodation fees?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 4:55pm On Aug 04, 2010
bunny22:

@VicJustice: even when I've paid my tuition in full&part of my accommodation fees?
   Financial details are of major consideration, and it is a priority for an Entry Clearance Officers to be satisfied that an alien will not run out of finance and resort to public funds or become a liability; hence a bank statement showing availability of credible funds for maintenance whilst in the UK is of more importance than paying your tuition fee in full and paying a part of your accommodation fees. You really have to concentrate on these facts in order to be successful.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jikings(m): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2010
Hello NL’s, I submitted my application for student visa for almost one month now and haven’t heard anything from BHC yet. They gave me a tracker ID which I tried to use online but not working. I’ve been to the office severally to complain and check but they keep telling me to check back the following week. I’m getting worried and want some advice here. Is anyone having the same issues with student visas at BHC?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by michdav001: 1:04am On Aug 05, 2010
Hello to all,

I have 6month UK visa(business Visa) and what do I need to do incase I need to reapply.

Thank You all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:41am On Aug 05, 2010
I'm sorry, but some questions are really silly

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.