Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,825 members, 7,844,667 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306540 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EmmaMsc(m): 11:29am On Jul 15, 2010
Hello Nairalanders.
I am new to this forum. I want to say kudos to all of you dat have been offering advice and suggestions.
I intend to apply for d student visa next week.I have a few questions for you:
1. will the British High commission accept a certified copy of my transcript in sealed university envelopes?
2. Also, can my brother be my sponsor.
3. do you guys know any agent dat assist in d visa application?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 11:42pm On Jul 15, 2010
londoner22:

Hi Erico2k2,

i have a litte question and i am hoping you or anyone else will be able to answer. My issue is this: i had a child in the UK thru NHS in 2008 and i came back to Nigeria in 2009. I got the usual brith certificte and things, i endorsed my child on my passport back then. Now i want to apply for a uk visa for my child, should i state that he was born in Nigeria , or should i state that he was born in the UK and face the various questions the UKemabssy may pose regading hospital, private or public bla bla. As there really is no benefit in having your child in the UK except for quality medical care, is there an advantage ins tatingthat he chil was born in UK though parents re not citizens and was thru NHS.

i look forward to your helpul answer, thanks

oh i 4got 2 state that people no longer go 4 interviews @d embassy, there's a place where they go n get fingerprinted n submit all docs n passports (not sure wot its called n u have 2 find out which branch u need to apply). if u are granted a visa or not, u still have to go to d same place that u submitted your passport n all to collect your passport/visa but in some rare cases ppl are called in 4 an interview (@d embassy)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ManJaco: 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2010
Please I would like a reply, especially, from the gurus in the house.

I stayed a couple of years in the UK for further studies but came back finally to Nigeria months ago. Now, I am thinking of visiting the UK, from time to time, for the purpose of bringing in things for sale in Nigeria. Please, what is the best visa for this purpose? Visiting or Tourist? I have got no invitation letter, though friends can send one through. What do you think will be a valid reason for my visiting? I may not want to say business as I am not on it big time. Based on your suggestion, what are the requirements for such visa application? Please, note that my stay in the UK was peaceful; as in, no single issue was reported against me. My coming back was strictly my decision and was within the validity of my visa.

Thanks for replying. Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by OmoAlata(f): 10:31pm On Jul 18, 2010
Then maybe you should apply for a tourist one. During your 'visit', buy the stuff you want to take back with you and pay excess at the airport if the weight exceeds your allowance grin

Good luck (what type of goods are you planning to buy/sell - just being nosy)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
Peeps, i have finally been rejected, I will share part of my refusal with you and lessons to be drawn. Nigerian banks they confirm your account details to embassy, both balance, transaction. i had 5 million in my account, started transaction like remove 2.5mil, put 1.5 mil again and like that back and forth. But as at the time i applied my statement show 5 mil and that one na confirm. Guys leave the fund for 2 weeks and you are good to go. Am 100% sure my bank tell embassy my balance. They said i disposed part of my fund at a particular period and i have insufficient fund, how them take no say my account they run insufficiently below their requirement.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 20, 2010
Its a big problem when you are applying to non-english speaking countries for visa, they dont understand english so well and may misinterprete what you are saying. For example, my father is my principal sponsor in principle and he owns a firm, i used his letter head to prove the evidence of fund to them by saying he has remitted all my needed fund held in my current account (applicant's current account), they went ahead to say i have partly the fund and my father has partly the fund according to the english they used. I did not show any part fund in my application, what i presented was the whole money 5million held in my own account as the applicant. A lot of places wey them goofe for law, too many injustice for their little knowledge. How on earth i fit afford 5 million, i actually brought in my father remitting money into my account to further prove to them that at the completion of my course, i shall return back to niger to take charge of our family company that is well related to my proposed course of study. They gave me right of appeal, am only familiar with UK appeal process, dunno what to make out of sweden wey don use 3 months to process visa, not to talk of appeal, that appeal may not see the light of day before school resume.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2010
U guys say make i no disturb them but wait for 2-3 days for them to reply me. I used my brain, i contacted them by mail reminding them of the decision on my application and ask them to forward me the decision in time so i know what next to do in my life, barely 40 mins when i send them that mail, they did not even write a mail or anything, they just forwarded the PDF file of decision to my box. Guys wey don apply b4 no try at all, sooner they got denied, they comot for nairaland leaving no lessons to be learnt, but trust me, i will always be here all the way with fresh applicant. If you dont have the money in your account for 2-5days, then forget the visa, except a miracle say them no confirm at all.
They gave me 3 weeks to appeal, if I don’t mail them today, I for don waste part of the 3weeks and my appeal no go reach them in time. Am appealing sha. I had 5 million in my account when I applied, later I removed 2 mil, later add 500k, then I started taking off and adding back money in my account, but I made sure I had over 3.5 mil, but why my bank go tell 3rd party my balance. I cant fight anybody sha, I accept my fate, but am berra off in terms of packaging my tingy next time. Once beaten, twice shy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 20, 2010
IYKE you are the bomb, my children will never go through this visa process wahala, when i thought the visa would be sitting in my hands already, thats when i have to engage in another legal battle with embassy, 6 months to apply for school b4 admission, almost 2 months for embassy for visa na God know how long the appeal go take. Am not going to hire a lawyer, i will do my write up myself and by the way they sent us application forms written in good english and wrote me a refusal letter in swedish and later at the end small english, am i supposed to get a translator or what. this people are so funny, am sure na one college boy treat my doc, he said i withdrew 4469 kronas from my account, thats like 90k, going by that withdrawal he purpotedly claimed i withdrew in an account running over 5mil, my account na 5,000,042,567. Guys kindly give me input on how to word this people. they said i was refused because i have insufficient fund.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 20, 2010
i applied for a swedish student residence permit. guys i want to know if the appeal is worth it, i f them go treat appeal, have never heard of anyone who has won a swedish appeal. i have a genuine case, they confirmed that i had money in my account and my bank revealed to them further transactions i made outisde the statement of account i submitted, why should they reveal that amount of info to 3rd party
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ekedoncon(m): 3:47pm On Jul 20, 2010
Vacancies in 5 star hotel in dubai. They are as follows receptionsts,cleaners,drivers and securities.on 3yrs contract and the salary is 500 dollars free food and accomodation. interested should email me on alexanonyia@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by caticati: 3:55pm On Jul 20, 2010
Male or Female, please let us know
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 7:47am On Jul 21, 2010
Applications and more
You have applied for residence permits for studies at Blekinge Institute of Technology
College. According to the admission notice, you are admitted to the Electrical
Engineering with emphasis on Telecommunication of 180 ECTS.
The application states that your support during the planned period of study in
Sweden is secured partly by own funds deposited in First Bank and partly
by your father to sponsor you financially.
Reasons for decision
Therefore you must not permit
A foreigner who intends to study in Sweden and adopted
Higher education should, according to 4, § 5 Aliens Ordinance (2006:97),
granted a residence permit for study if he or she
- Has his livelihood in their studies and return to their own security
funds, scholarship, or other similar
- Have comprehensive sickness insurance unless the cost of medical
will be borne by the general public in Sweden
- Does not pose a threat to public order, public security or public health.
Studies must be pursued full-time teaching and will require the
student's attendance at the university in Sweden.
As stated above shall supply throughout the trial in Sweden be
proved. At present at least 7300 Swedish kronor per month
10 months a year over the total time the applicant intends to
be here to study. Supply for the entire planned study period is
demonstrated at the first deadline of the certificate of own funds, certificates of
scholarships or other similar means.
In the time you plan to study in Sweden SEK 219 000 required. You have,
after checking with the bank, show that you dispose of 4469 crowns.
You can also be seen by your application to your father as sponsor / guarantor has undertaken
responsibility to support yourself while studying. Some documents show
you to freely dispose of their own funds equal to the supply requirement has not
submission of the case. You have not done thus likely that your supply is
security during the study period.
The Migration Board can not grant you a residence permit for studies
pursuant to Chapter 5. § 10 Aliens Act and Chapter 4. 5 §
Aliens Ordinance. Migration Board rejects your application.
2 / 4
Appeals
You can appeal against this decision with the Administrative Court in Malmö,
Immigration Court. Your appeal must be in writing and must be
received by the Migration Board within three weeks from the date you received some
of the decision.
Here's how
- Write what decision you are complaining about and how you want it changed.
- Write your name, date of birth, address and telephone number.
- Sign the letter with your name. If you have an agent that helps
You can appeal to the agent sign the letter. The attorney shall in that
cases send a letter.
- Send the appeal to the Migration Board, the permit
Vaxjo, Box 1228, 351 12 Växjö.
Immigration Service to submit the appeal to the Administrative Court in Malmö,
Immigration Court if the work does not change the decision as you want.
Information in English for individual Whose application for a residence
permit for Study Purposes Has Been Rejected
This is a brief account of the Conditions for a person to ask a Granted
residence permit for study in Sweden Purposes and information about the
Reasons Why You Have Been Granted note a permit. It Is Not a complete and
Detailed translation of the Swedish Migration Board's Decision.
If You Have Any Questions about the Decision You Can contact the Swedish
Missions Abroad (embassy / Consulate) where you Submitted your application
for a residence permit or the Swedish Missions Abroad That you Notified Of The
Decision.
Conditions for Being Granted a residence permit for Study Purposes
A foreign nation WHO intends to Study in Sweden WHO Has Been and
enrolled on a higher education course programmers Shall be Granted a
residence permit for the study period, he or she f
- Hock his / her support During the study period, and The Return Journey
Secured through his / her own funds, a scholarship or Similar Means
- Hock comprehensive health insurance f The Cost of Health Care Is Not
Paid for out of public funds in Sweden
- Does Represent a note threatening to public order, public safety or public
health.
Studies Should be pursued on a full-time basis, and The Teaching Should
the student's Requires attendance at A Place of Learning in Sweden.
Support - at least, USD 7.300 per month for 10 months a year - shoulder to ask
Confirmed When You first make your application and Applies For The Whole
Of The Planned study period. For Further Information See the Migration
3 / 4
Board fact sheet "Residence permit for studying at a university / college
(Including doctoral student), "www.migrationsverket.se
Your application for a residence permit Has Been Rejected For The Followill wing
Reason:
- You Have Shown Note That You Have sufficient funds available for the
Whole Of The Planned study period. (The Swedish Authorities Do Not
accepted support by a sponsor or guaranta.)
Miscellaneous
The Migration Board Decision Can Be appealed. The Appeal Should Be in
writing and ask Received By The Board Within Three Weeks Of The date on
Which You Were Notified of the Decision. The Address Can Be Found in the
heading "Appeals".
4 quarters
Designation
Dokumentid:
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
Eyin temi, e ma wo mi ni ran, e ja mi si ba wo lo n se lo ni oju titi. Mo ni akate to bad, esha mo, Ashiri
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Flow70: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2010
I recently got to know that my Visa expires on the 1st of Oct instead of Oct 30 like every other colleague of mine, I dont know why mine seems different. My course ought to be for 12 month but instead, I was issued 11 month visa. I graduated just last week and as a result wouldnt be able to meet the 3 month fund maintenance. And all of this was as a result of the 11 mont visa given to me instead of 12 month.

I really dont know what to do as I'm really confused, I dont want to return to Nigeria to make the application because that seems to be on the high side.

Can anyone please suggest what I can possibly do?

I'll appreciate any advice, PLS HELP! sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2010
Before visa expire you for don apply for extension. Even if na 3 months, dem go give you, you only need to show one month maintenance fund (1600pounds). Now you will be considered as an over stayer. Am still thinking on what route you can take, once i get any idea i go let you know. Solution must dey, trust me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 21, 2010
What do you mean by 3 month maintenance fund, abi policy don change. You must have 1600 to be held in your account 28 days before you apply, please nairalanders should note, this na from experience, 28 days na 28 working days, but it was not stated like that, if you make the mistake of keeping the money in ur account for exactly 28 days, they go refuse you o. Na 28 working days excluding weekends, calculate am urself
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ceekay(m): 7:49pm On Jul 21, 2010
yeeeeeh!
Everybody wan leave me travel ooooo sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2010
No dull yourself o. It's berra overthere
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bomly(f): 10:37pm On Jul 22, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I applied for the UK Tourist Visa and I was refused today, they refused me on the basics of
1) Submitting an income tax which state I am not liable to tax as I was a student

2) Not satisfied that the Bank statement is a true reflection of my income, I submitted my Saving and current account from Zenith Bank which amounted to about 1million, 2 fixed deposit of about 2mil and UBA dom account, this account has been fully active since November 2009.

3)They are not satisfied i can maintain in the UK without recourse to public fund, well for me this are baseless though this was what resulted to the refusal, please my question is can I appeal or request an administrative review?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ikeyman00(m): 9:34pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^

with all that money not enough for a visit?

na excuse i dey see

wait for the experts oo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ikeyman00(m): 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2010
@@@@@@@@@

house

how long does it take to obtain a visa plz??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ceasyc(f): 10:29pm On Jul 23, 2010
Ashiri_IQ:

i applied for a swedish student residence permit. guys i want to know if the appeal is worth it, i f them go treat appeal, have never heard of anyone who has won a swedish appeal. i have a genuine case, they confirmed that i had money in my account and my bank revealed to them further transactions i made outisde the statement of account i submitted, why should they reveal that amount of info to 3rd party

if this happened in 9ja, then i wont b surprised cos i guess dey only have 2 call d bank and tell them your name n account number (1st bank) without d person revealing d fact dat dey r not u, d bank wud give dem d details. i guess d bank didnt no that it wasnt u who called but if dey did, then thats just wrong - i'd sue them either way   grin

in d uk dat wud be hard 4 an embassy official/any1 to get dem account details/statement cos d bank wudnt give out info like that to 3rd parties n if ur pretending to be me 4 instance, dey'd ask 4 my names, account number(s), address, mothers maiden name, tel banking password, etc - dey ask a lot of questions man
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segbas(m): 9:41am On Jul 24, 2010
sir help me out. I applied in 2007 as a visitor to uk wit d old pasport,then i was refused based on my status was nt guaranteed and my sponsor only provided pay slip. I was in a university then,bt i did nt finish due to one of my parent fell sick. I appealed then it was nt successful.Now I wanted to apply as a student again with my e-passport, i av paid d deposit required by the school. Dont u think my previous application wil affect me.
Pls advise me on how to prove my case b4 d BHC. Pls guide me on how to do it. Thanks.
segbas79@gmail.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by swiftycool(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2010
segbas:

sir help me out. I applied in 2007 as a visitor to uk wit d old pasport,then i was refused based on my status was nt guaranteed and my sponsor only provided pay slip. I was in a university then,bt i did nt finish due to one of my parent fell sick. I appealed then it was nt successful.Now I wanted to apply as a student again with my e-passport, i av paid d deposit required by the school. Dont u think my previous application wil affect me.
Pls advise me on how to prove my case b4 d BHC. Pls guide me on how to do it. Thanks.
segbas79@gmail.com

Are you going for an undergraduate or masters's programme? and is it an approved university in the UK
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by segbas(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2010
thanks, i am going for an undergraduate,and the is registered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opeolatoye: 12:20pm On Jul 24, 2010
Hi Y'all. Nice work here

Please I need to write a cover letter for my application cos one of my original certificates has been laminated. How do I address this letter? If you hav a format, pls help out by pasting here plsssssss, or just help on who to address to, tanx

Ashiri_IQ:

What do you mean by 3 month maintenance fund, abi policy don change. You must have 1600 to be held in your account 28 days before you apply, please nairalanders should note, this na from experience, 28 days na 28 working days, but it was not stated like that, if you make the mistake of keeping the money in your account for exactly 28 days, they go refuse you o. Na 28 working days excluding weekends, calculate am urself

I am sure you are not correct about this, check it out, many have used 28days (wknds inclusive) and have been given
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opeolatoye: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2010
Documents needed to show money available to the student
A Tier 4 (General) student must show that he/she has held the required money for a
150. consecutive 28 day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 1 month before his/her application.

@ Asiri, Take note of the consecutive 28day period,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Adebiopon: 3:23pm On Jul 24, 2010
to funkybaby: goodday house, am a new face to nairaland, i proposed to obtain uk visiting visa, i have all the requirements but i need to clarify if the cover/application letter going to be handwritten or typewritten. thanks
my email address is greatbabatee@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by miladelly: 4:01pm On Jul 24, 2010
@Funkybaby i really admire Ur guts, u contributed alot to this thread, keep it up girl. my mum was refused UK visa i will let u know d reason so that u can advice me later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by krisbobo(m): 12:13am On Jul 26, 2010
Hi all, pls I would appreciate a quick response to this: I am about to renew my Uk visa but I still have the old passport ( That is not the new electronic one) and it is still valid till Sept 2011, can I apply with this or must I go and get the new passport before application?

Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:27am On Jul 26, 2010
krisbobo:

Hi all, pls I would appreciate a quick response to this: I am about to renew my Uk visa but I still have the old passport ( That is not the new electronic one) and it is still valid till Sept 2011, can I apply with this or must I go and get the new passport before application?

Thanks.

The old passport will be out of use this Dec, so if i were u i will get the e-passport and save urself headache in future.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by krisbobo(m): 12:39am On Jul 26, 2010
Thanks Justwise, much appreciated.

Damn, I hate passport office crap!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.