Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (128411 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 13, 2013
Wow, isn't that the agency buba control? Hmmmmm, am not going anywhere till 2mao.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:49am On Jul 13, 2013
Damex333: Wow, isn't that the agency buba control? Hmmmmm, am not going anywhere till 2mao.
Nah.....Buba is COAS (chief of Army staff) the NSA is different
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:32am On Jul 13, 2013
*dancing&jumping love is in da air*dis update is da bomb!but am suspecting buba&dat lie lie captain!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by curiouslad(m): 11:09am On Jul 13, 2013
Oga mynd Abeg early morning dose oo

No mention of the first gentleman ni
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by fiolaP(f): 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
u always impress me w every update.plenty twist
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 1:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hmmm....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by UDbester(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls more update!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by d5fada: 5:29pm On Jul 13, 2013
Honestly I can't remember the last time I dropped a comment on nairaland, i visit, go thru the front page for breaking news, gossips, and tech/gadget updates... I rarely comment

BUT Oga mynd u captured me.... I had to even look for my username and password again. Great story u got here, and great storytelling too... I joined from somewhere in the middle but it made enuff sense to still get me hooked... AM FOLLOWING AND UPDATING TOO.. so keep the updates coming and...

.... More ogogoro to ur brain, oops u said u don't drink alcohol, so more 100% fruit juice to ur belly
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 13, 2013
Am very angry, where is that mynd of a boy, he has kept me emotionally gingerlised since his last update
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by naiko: 9:33pm On Jul 13, 2013
ok
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ajibel(m): 9:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
curiouslad: Oga mynd Abeg early morning dose oo

No mention of the first gentleman ni

i was about to point that out when i just saw ur comment. The 1st gentleman ought 2b in d picture in one form or d other..well i read crime and political thrillers a lot and so know what is expected, the twist &turns, the conspiracies and so on...i hope mynd wuld blow my mind with this cool
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oyestephen(m): 10:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
There'll always be snitches, there'll always be spies, and they will always be enemies in friends clothings.......oga keep up the good work
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:40am On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel:

i was about to point that out when i just saw ur comment. The 1st gentleman ought 2b in d picture in one form or d other..well i read crime and political thrillers a lot and so know what is expected, the twist &turns, the conspiracies and so on...i hope mynd wuld blow my mind with this cool
Which first gentleman? I don't know the person you are referring to ooo
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:43am On Jul 14, 2013
oyestephen: There'll always be snitches, there'll always be spies, and they will always be enemies in friends clothings.......oga keep up the good work
Thanks
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:44am On Jul 14, 2013
Update coming up
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:51am On Jul 14, 2013
The gunshots continued outside as the team struggled through the dark with just one source of light to guide them towards the rear entrance of the huge building. They had thought the building would not be empty as some of those who were shooting at the Major and his team might also be inside the building but to their surprise, it was empty. As they kept walking, Michael occasionally turned to look at the doors they passed to watch their back but even as they passed the various doors, he did not open one out of fear they he might trigger an alarm of some sorts.

The building looked like a large purpose built office complex with the large spacious roomswhich can be divided into cubicles and they there were rooms on either side as they came into a hallway. The gunshots had begunto reduce not as a result of the shooters reducing the frequency of shots but they were putting distance between them and thefront doors. The President was starting to show signs of fatigue and her aide was almost sitting down if not for the fact that they were urged on by the other members of the team.

IBK’s leg was not getting better; it
was still hurting as he continued to limp after the others. Izu had offered to help him walk so he could lean on him but IBK had turned it down. It was not safe. What if they were attacked, all members had to join in the defense and help out and no one could afford to lean on another for help and that would create more problems for the team and the mission itself which was not going well. He still had enough strength to move around but he could feel that his leg was heavy. There had not been time to inspect theleg and see if the bullet in still embedded there or not and there is still not enough timeto stop and do that hence he had to endure the pains.

They kept walking until they got to the exit and Shade went over to the door, turned the knob and looked out with her torch turned off and she stepped into the alley behind the building as she looked around to make sure they was no one around to see them. She took a walk down the road to see if there was sign of anyone but no one turned up and she went back to the team as they too made their way out of the building and they immediately started walking out of the alley to the road and then the President’s aide said;

“Can we stop for a while and catch our breath? I am tired and I am sure I can speak for the president too. We need to rest or else we risk fainting”

Shade stopped but before she could reply, Michael did;

“We are all tired and believe me when I say I think we should stop for a rest too but not right now. Perhaps if we put some distance between us and this place and the people after us, we just need to find somewhere safe to set up camp and stay there for a while”

“How about the safe house?” Shade said

“The safe house is a good idea but it has one significant flaw. If the Major is Nigerian and someone is trying to kill the president, then the safe houses will be monitored and we showing up in one will be shooting ourselvesin the leg. I am sorry people but from here on, we are on our own”

They walked until they got to the main street and they turned left away from the building as the gunfight still continued in the distance and they could heard the screams in pain andthe automatic continuous firing of automatic rifles. They walked as a team with lights turned out and hurdled together expecting non friendlies to jump out at every attempt.

Michael was lost in his own thoughts as he wondered who shot the major and were occupying the buildings all around them as they walked down the fairly wide street. He then understood why Dare and John had not pointed out the route earlier as they planned that the president could have escaped in the dark so they thought it better to shoot down the chopper and blame the Tetuans and his mind went back and forth as he wondered who could have been responsible for their actions.

They had barely walked for ten minutes whenthey heard a noise from behind them. Michael who was at the back of the team as usual spurn around with his rifle in front of him when he saw a shape run across behind them in the distance.

“Keep your eyes opened people, we are not alone here” he said as he saw someone else run across the road

He kept the rifle high and said again;

“Put the President in the middle I think we are being followed and be prepared to make a run for it”

He barely finished when he heard a reply in a Tetuan accent saying;

“I don’t see how running will do you any good. I just wonder why you would be running from us, if we wanted to hurt you, you would be hurting already as we wouldn't have saved you from those people trying to kill you earlier”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:54am On Jul 14, 2013
The gunfight was still ongoing as the shots could still be heard but it was in the distance but the voice talking to them was around them somewhere. More and more figures began to emerge from the dark and the building all around them and they came closer to them as they formed a circle around the president and her aide. Shade heard the voice which was hoarse say;

“You should put down your rifles as my men might misunderstand your motive”

Michael replied;

“What is your motive?”

“Our motive will depend on who you are and what you want in these parts”

Shade said;

“How about you come out of the dark first and then we will decide if you are to be trusted or not as she was sure that the voice was coming from her front but a little bit far away”

“Okay, I am coming but I don’t think I need to tell you not to shoot at me”

A figured appeared directly in front of Shade with his hands raised up while he walked slowly towards them. Beside him was a female who appeared more muscular than him but they both did not act like a threat to them as the woman beside him said;

“We represent the Tetuan Freedom fighters. I am sergeant Kilonsi and this is sergeant Huriwen and we are at your service”

Shade said to Michael;

“Do you think we can trust these guys?”

Michael replied;

“I don’t trust anybody in this crazy country”

They were caught up trying to assess the situation individually when the President walked away from behind Shade and walked towards them before Shade could get a hand on her

“Where are you going?”

The President said;

“I am Mojisola Nnwachukwu, President and Commander in Chief of the armed forces of the federal republic of Nigeria. I have been held against my wish by the President of Tetuan Lucas Radonsolema and these men and women here are part of an extraction team sent to get me out of here”

There was a moment of silence as both Tetuans stood quietly as they could not believe what they heard and the whole team stood beside the president with their guns still drawn but this time, they were waiting for a response from the Tetuans.

The President continued;

“We have been walking all morning and we are weary, we need shelter and a place to contact home. Can you help us?"

The sergeant looked at her and said;

“We don’t know much about your situation but we can help you out with shelter, a place to rest and you can use our phone lines but they are not here. What you see here is a scout team we use in attacking the government troops, we can go in trucks and head for our camps and you can make use of out equipments ma’am”

He looked back and shouted;

“Get the trucks out; we need to leave right now”

Michael heard the sounds of trucks as they came out of the different buildings around and they drove without their lights on as he explained it to himself that they were concealing their presence.

“These trucks will take you to our camp and you can get all the help you want there. Sergeant Huriwen will lead you to the camp and some of my men will go with you while we continue our duty here.”

Michael looked and did not make a move. He simply stood there contemplating whether to get into the trucks or not and he looked at the President and said;

“Our decisions have been going wrong these past few hours ma’am but you are still the Commander in Chief and this is your choice”

“We have no choice right now, we should go with them and hope for the best”

With that, Michael told his team members;

“Okay people, let’s get on this truck and hope for the best”
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ajibel(m): 3:43am On Jul 14, 2013
Mynd_44:
Which first gentleman? I don't know the person you are referring to ooo

the 1st gentleman i.e the President's husband..
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 4:20am On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel:

the 1st gentleman i.e the President's husband..
If you noticed, the last update is the first time I will write the name of the president.

Perhaps he has a role to play, perhaps he does not. That will be seen in the coming chapters
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by IZUKWU(m): 4:30am On Jul 14, 2013
What a twist! Me likey
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ajibel(m): 5:27am On Jul 14, 2013
Alright. I'm enjoying d twist already cheesy and i gbadun madam presido name combination
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 9:03am On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel: Alright. I'm enjoying d twist already cheesy and i gbadun madam presido name combination
Federal character things gringringringrin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by yemi2plus(m): 10:24am On Jul 14, 2013
Nice story. Hope to read this in print some day
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:29am On Jul 14, 2013
IZUKWU: What a twist! Me likey
I knew you would
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Ajibel(m): 10:54am On Jul 14, 2013
Mynd_44:

Lololol maybe we'd be seeing an 'Ibrahim Nwachukwu' as the first gentleman cheesy
Waiting for the next update.. Guess'n that'd be tomorrow
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:58am On Jul 14, 2013
Ajibel:

Lololol maybe we'd be seeing an 'Ibrahim Nwachukwu' as the first gentleman cheesy
Waiting for the next update.. Guess'n that'd be tomorrow
Well that's true about the first gentlemen but about the update, I am not sure ooo but I will try hard
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by tydd(m): 11:54am On Jul 14, 2013
Damn...i av wasted alot of time on wrong sections here on nairaland
@mynd.....keep up the good work.....i feel bad reading this for FREE
@all....pls i need links to stories that can keep me awake all night like this one..
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Osyxcel(m): 12:36pm On Jul 14, 2013
Mynd_44:

grin grin grin grin I feel you

Well done Sir!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
Osyxcel:

grin grin grin grin I feel you

Well done Sir!
Thank you ooo. Before someone will come and accuse me of "Tribalism"

grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by chukxy44(m): 1:05pm On Jul 14, 2013
@Mynd dis is a master piece, I have had to draw the attention of my friends to this. The only challenge here as rightly pointed out by a friend who happens to be a professional script writer is that Nollywood does that have sufficient government and utility support to play this out. I honestly wish that someday I would watch a Nigerian movie with this same excitement and interest.

Keep up the good job, nice to know we still got brains that work.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Handsomeemmy(m): 1:10pm On Jul 14, 2013
I have been reading this wonderful story since it first appeared on front page, i'm glad about what i'm reading, i love every bit of it, i love the military, i love the synergy between the various military and para military organization.

The story is one of the best i've read in Nairaland,
keep it up oga at the top mynd
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
chukxy44: @Mynd dis is a master piece, I have had to draw the attention of my friends to this. The only challenge here as rightly pointed out by a friend who happens to be a professional script writer is that Nollywood does that have sufficient government and utility support to play this out. I honestly wish that someday I would watch a Nigerian movie with this same excitement and interest.

Keep up the good job, nice to know we still got brains that work.
Well even if Nollywood does not have the resources, it does not mean we cannot write and enjoy the writing which is why I am writing in the first place. I just want y'all to enjoy it.

But if you wanna pay for it, mail me gringringrin

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

Viewing this topic: scopiicaar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.