Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,226 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

<<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> (127899 Views)

Mary Apocalypse Rise of Titans / Blessing Of The Fæ,ocelot Spleen. Rise Of The Guardians,chief Of The CH'ANG SHI / Tade - The Rise Of An Activist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by FoxyRebirth(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
I will update before noon

Cool... Me too grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 9:59am On Jul 08, 2013
Am waiting , just 2 hours to noon.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:08am On Jul 08, 2013
Damex333: Am waiting , just 2 hours to noon.
gringringrincheesycheesy

I don enter am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2013
liking the update, plus I like your choice of names
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:28am On Jul 08, 2013
ibkaye: liking the update, plus I like your choice of names
Thank you ma'am
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:36am On Jul 08, 2013
The Major was still listening to his phone as he was taking orders from someone on the other side while the team thought about their plan. The plan had come to Michael in a rush and he did not have time to think it through. He just knew it might give them a chance to get the president away but there were a lot of things he did not factor into his plans.

The spot on the major’s chest was from a gun which be coming from anywhere. There were a lot of buildings around and the shooter might or might not be a friendly. He remembered what he training officer once told him “The enemy of your enemy is not necessarily your friend, it just makes him another factor to mess up your whole existence” and this was the exact case. For all he knew the infrared light might be from the Tetuans creating a territory and trying to get the president back because it is certain that Lucas would not want her to die on his homesoil if he valued his life.

Then there was the door to the building. He did not have time to hatch his plane well but he knew the door was made of glass and there might be a chance that it will be unlocked or at least not impervious to bullets.He hoped within him that Shade and Izu were able to get her out even though he and IBK might die right there. It was a risk which was not well calculated but one they had to take nonetheless.
Getting away from these guys might just end them in the hands of the Tetuans which although is a whole lot better that being shot dead, it was also not a comfortable situation for him to put his team or the president into. He knew he had to try to make the right decision and being captured was a whole lot better than being shot and executed.
He aimed for the light which was almost blinding him and he hoped IBK was as good a shot as he said he is or else the plan might just go sideways. He could make out the image of the soldiers on the trucks watching them and waiting for their leader to give them the order to open fire but he still held on to allow IBK aim well.

Izu heard the plan and understood it perfectly but he thought it was not well thought out. The soldiers had already aimed and were unlikely to miss just because the lights went off. He could make out the figuresof Dare and John on the other side watching them and he wondered how it was so easy to betray their own team. He felt angry and lost at the same time. He had being in teams which had moles but no one had ever given him to the hands of someone that will possible kill him before. This was all new to him and the success of the plane was all that mattered. He already knew where the president was and it was just a matter of steps from there to the door but under fire, those steps could mean a whole different thing if the people shooting at them were not distracted and an idea crept into his head. He saw the idea takeshape and he saw how it could work and buythem some more time to get away. Michael and IBK would probably die regardless of his idea but it was a team event and the mission was more important.

Shade was more pissed than scared and evenmore pissed to think. She never liked insubordination. She did not even like those who turn around to give them information atthe expense of their country as she thought itwas dishonorable and what Dare and John did was the height of it. She could feel the light blind her but all she could see was Izu clutching on to the president as she provided cover fire for him to get her inside and she hoped that nothing else went wrong. the door has to be unlocked and the plan must.

The Major muttered a “Yes sir, I understand”, hung up and out the phone back into his pocket. He looked toward the team and said;

“This is it, goodbye” and he turn around to walk backward.

Michael saw the chance he had been waiting for and said now.

Lucas was not comfortable in his office at all. The sound of heavy guns and mortars had added to his misery as it appeared that the Nigerians were getting closer to him and at the same time the men he sent to look for the president had not found her yet. It was a slippery slope which he knew could end up with him falling and that is if his own men don’t turn against him first.

As much as he trusted his own people, there was no guarantee that in a bid to safe themselves, they might just decide to cut a deal and hand him over and that scared him more. Each of his decisions had gone from bad to worse and he wondered what possessed him to think his plan might actually work. He knew the plan about the weapon was a completely silly idea but the plan behind getting the arms was a perfectly good one which could have sealed victory forhim.
If the plan had gone according to pan, the Nigerian president would have been on her way home and he would have the assurance of victory but now he is looking at defeat andpossible dead right in the face.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2013
hmmm,this would make a great hollywood thriller,pls dnt let micheal my crush die!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2013
He felt his phone vibrate and he prayed it was good news.

“Hello, what do you have for me?”

“Sir we think we have found the Nigerians”

“Then get them and bring them back here. And I hope I don’t have to remind you that the president should not be harmed”

“Yes sir but there seem to be another problem with bringing them back”

Lucas was done with problem, the past few hours had so many problems, it felt like he was spiraling away.

“What problem?”

“The Nigerians seem to have been caught by some other people. They are surrounded and from what we can make from their conversation, they are about to be executed sir”

“What do you mean caught by other people?”

“I think it is the rebels sir, they have them cornered and they are about to shoot them all including the president and the other members of the team”

“Now listen clearly, you are to engage them and get the president here alive and that is an order”

“Yes sir”
Lucas could not believe the news he just heard, just when he thought his day could not get worse, not the rebels are about to shoot her. He could almost hear his heart beat above the sound of the bullets being shot at his house and he dialed a number on his phone;

“Get a truck to the back entrance right now, I need to go somewhere”

H thought to himself;

“It is time to abandon this palace before the guards decide to surrender”

Every member of the team heard the go from Michael and just before they took any action, the Major’s head moved forward before his body joined him as he fell forward as a bullet shot through the back of his head and embedded itself inside his brain. Everyone turned to look at him not knowing what make him fall Michael squeezed the trigger onhis rifle and IBK did the same and immediately, the lights went off and the whole place was thrown into darkness and Michael and IBK opened fire on where the soldiers were when the light was on.

The moment the lights went out, Shade threw her rifle behind her as it attached itself to her back and she went to cover the president. She had hoped Izu would make the same move but she saw his shadow throw something forwards first before heading to the resident.

Izu had his own plan and it was simple enough, when the lights went out, he removed the pin from the grenade he was carrying on his waist and threw it where the soldiers were. With that, he turned and went for the president as all around him, there wasgun fire.

The shots increased and the noise was echoed all around them and Izu pushed the president up the stairs while shade went behind the two of them as she somehow managed to grab the aide and throw her after them. Michael and IBK had moved from where they previously stood and were trying to shoot from a place where they could be protected and they also went closer to the door before the grenade Izu threw exploded just as Izu ran towards the door and shot at it before even coming close to it.

The glass broke and the pieces fell to the door as he led the president through it with the aide right behind them and shade walking backward. Immediately Shade got through, she shouted;

“Michael, IBK, get yourselves out of there but something else caught her eyes while standing at the entrance watching Michael and Izu make their way up the stairs.

There was not just gun shot from Michael and IBK, there were also shots fired from the buildings towards the men who just tried to kill them. She turned completely and ran inside with Michael and IBK who was limpingright behind her.

2 Likes

Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Tovot: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2013
lol,with all that change in plans,lucas will be needn some bp tablets,nice story,but remember nothn must apn to micheal!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by MsSpaqs(f): 10:52am On Jul 08, 2013
Hmm....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 10:55am On Jul 08, 2013
Tovot: lol,with all that change in plans,lucas will be needn some bp tablets,nice story,but remember nothn must apn to micheal!
Lmao
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 11:55am On Jul 08, 2013
Tell me john and dare also hit, eeya tell ibk to xowie o, them don shoot am 4 leg.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Peterpan1(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
Nyc, can't get any better.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
Damex333: Tell me john and dare also hit, eeya tell ibk to xowie o, them don shoot am 4 leg.
gringrin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by FoxyRebirth(m): 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
gringrin

Why you hide my post na... Na the tension wey build up in me na im I unleash for the keyboard na angry
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
Peter pan: Nyc, can't get any better.
Thanks
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 12:51pm On Jul 08, 2013
Foxy_Rebirth:

Why you hide my post na... Na the tension wey build up in me na im I unleash for the keyboard na angry
It was derailling bro......
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 08, 2013
IBK better not die, urm the others too I guess
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oyestephen(m): 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ibk may die....but someone must die sha......i really hope its dare and john
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Obinnau(m): 3:09pm On Jul 11, 2013
I can't wait to get this on screen! Mynd you are doing a great work!
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
Obinnau: I can't wait to get this on screen! Mynd you are doing a great work!
Thank you so much
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by oluking: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2013
With this ya talent e go bad if u no get pepe grin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by tellwisdom: 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Guy go sell your book for bookshop...undecided
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
nice work.love it
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:30pm On Jul 12, 2013
tellwisdom: Guy go sell your book for bookshop...undecided
Lmao....
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:31pm On Jul 12, 2013
oluking: With this ya talent e go bad if u no get pepe grin
Yes ooo. E go bad.
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Joavid: nice work.love it
Thanks
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by k2039: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
tellwisdom: Guy go sell your book for bookshop...undecided
Actually, I have a better idea, we just need access to the minister of education (I guess with that NECO, WASSCE and UTME will just be under our arm pit), she will have to endorse his work as a must read for any one studying literature in Nigeria starting from their Senior Secondary School days.

*Money in the bank*
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 1:52pm On Jul 12, 2013
k2039:
Actually, I have a better idea, we just need access to the minister of education (I guess with that NECO, WASSCE and UTME will just be under our arm pit), she will have to endorse his work as a must read for any one studying literature in Nigeria starting from their Senior Secondary School days.

*Money in the bank*
Great idea but I think she went with the President to China
gringringrin
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by chistar01(m): 2:16pm On Jul 12, 2013
I used to think i have read all kinda novels until i came across this thread... Www.Wow *clears throat* thats all.

Great writeup bro
Re: <<<The Guardians: Rise of the Powers that Be>>> by Mynd44: 2:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
chistar01: I used to think i have read all kinda novels until i came across this thread... Www.Wow *clears throat* thats all.

Great writeup bro
thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (51) (Reply)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Authors On Okadabooks Drop Your Book Info Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.