Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari (26542 Views)

APC Meeting To Pick Buhari’s Vice Ends In Deadlocked / APC Yet To Pick Buhari’s Running Mate / 2015: PDP Will Walk Over APC If They Pick Buhari – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by emiye(m): 3:17pm On May 05, 2013
Michaeljones36:

1. I was talking about Fashola running for President, not Buhari.

2. PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION DAYS HAVE HIGHER TURNOUT!

3. Fashola runs the largest state in the nation by population. 6000 people move there everyday.

4. It's about the combination of taking votes away from GEJ and giving them to ACN + CPC + ANPP

I'll be back in a sec with more info.

The total number of voters for the 2011 presidential election in lagos was in the neighbourhood of 2 million .

sadly, Elections in nigeria is still hinged on regional and religious sentiments, and any good political strategist must put that in consideration in fielding a candidate. If you field in fasola a swesterner, you have suceeded in weakening the northern base, a segment of the north currently feel cheated at the moment having only tasted power 2years out of the total 16 years of current democratic dispensation.

2. shamefully, at the moment the SW / SS /SE do not speak the same political language.

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU STRIKE A BALANCE in fielding a candidate taking into cognisance this realities.

the best cndidates in terms of brilliance and ideology do not necessarily win elections.

Why did a relatively unknown shagari defeat Awolowo in 1979 P.E ?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Praktikals(m): 3:17pm On May 05, 2013
What have we gained from Jonathan's 'fresh blood'? As far as I am concerned, GMB is Less corrupt, and I think, that's plus.
lakhadimar: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND APC, PDP, CPC, DPP, APGA, RPG, BSC, NTA, LLB, LP, HIV, ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME THEY ARE ALL THIEVES. IS BUHARI EVEN THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB? NIGERIA NEEDS FRESH BLOOD AND FRESH IDEA IN ITS POLITICAL TERRAIN, NOT ALL THESE OLD ROGUES
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by swiftycool(m): 3:18pm On May 05, 2013
tinnymerit:
''When i left in 1979,i left 32 planes when i came back in 1999 i met 2 planes'' -OBJ.Was buhari not among those that wreck Nigeria airways,what about 2 billions given to ex-president,is he not among the receivers?.No difference btw APC and PDP.All of them are BRIGANDAGES.

I think it will make more sense if u could isolate an event or a case where Buhari was specifically a culprit. The above is just too lame, no offense

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by naptu2: 3:22pm On May 05, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro: This news is reporting what CPC and ANPP want and what those two parties"think" Tinubu and ACN wants.

In terms of political foothold and electoral penetration, ACN brings the most meat to the merger table. ACN has held its convention, CPC and ANPP are yet to hold theirs.

Until ACN makes public statement on the way forward for the merger, West should treat the report as a "wishful desire" in the North. It becomes official only when ACN concurs to it.

This is a report in the Tribune newspaper. What's Tribune's political leaning?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by phreakabit(m): 3:23pm On May 05, 2013
emiye:

The total number of voters for the 2011 presidential election in lagos was in the neighbourhood of 2 million .

sadly, Elections in nigeria is still hinged on regional and religious sentiments, and any good political strategist must put that in consideration in fielding a candidate. If you field in fasola a swesterner, you have suceeded in weakening the northern base, a segment of the north currently feel cheated at the moment having only tasted power 2years out of the total 16 years of current democratic dispensation.

[size=18pt]2. shamefully, at the moment the SW / SS /SE do not speak the same political language.[/size]

IT IS IMPORTANT YOU STRIKE A BALANCE in fielding a candidate taking into cognisance this realities.

the best cndidates in terms of brilliance and ideology do not necessarily win elections.

Why did a relatively unknown shagari defeat Awolowo in 1979 P.E ?

We'd never take a common stand with shady, dishonest folks. Not going to happen for obvious reasons.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 05, 2013
This Buhari is just a con! He said he will not contest again yet it has be systematically done to make sure he is nominated as a presidential candidate for a party.

We are not fools! Nation of the blind can only be lead by the blind. I think Nigeria can see. We were once blind but now can see! They can fool some people some times they can fool all the people all the time.

Please, come and spend some of your past government loots. We are awaiting your failure.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by swiftycool(m): 3:31pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

I feel you. I was around when he was the head of state and I saw him in action, he practically changed Nigeria in little or time with WAI and other programs.

Nigerians were showing up to work on time because buhari was at your gate to fire you even if you are oga at the top, nigerians stopped throwing trash everywhere, we stopped rushing to enter buses, we stopped jumping the line and so on. Buhari successfully tamed our unruly ways and behavior in no time..

He proved his worth and he's a tested leader with good qualities.

Just imagine Nigeria today without IBB's coup and interruption..

I love someone who speaks honestly and without religious or ethnic bias, you are the true "Sincere 9gerian" not some pdp lap frog. The above is very true and were traits I admired about GMB and Idiagbon's govt, honestly Naija would have been great by now if not 4 dat corruption wholesaler IBB and the band of various indisciplined scallywags that came after him

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by emiye(m): 3:33pm On May 05, 2013
phreakabit:

We'd never take a common stand with shady, dishonest folks. Not going to happen for obvious reasons.
OK, i wish you Goodluck j tongue tongue
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by sweetkevisco(m): 3:35pm On May 05, 2013
Buhari!!,the blood of youth corpers that died in the hands of cpc led thugs wil forever cry against you!

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by phreakabit(m): 3:38pm On May 05, 2013
emiye:
OK, i wish you Goodluck j tongue tongue

I'd take the bitterleaf juice with a pinch of salt.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by phreakabit(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2013
sweetkevisco: [size=18pt]Buhari!!,the blood of youth corpers that died in the hands of cpc led thugs wil forever cry against you![/size]

Never forget people.. . . never forget.

2 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ProfessorPeter(m): 3:43pm On May 05, 2013
lakhadimar: AS FAR AS I AM CONCERND APC, PDP, CPC, DPP, APGA, RPG, BSC, NTA, LLB, LP, HIV, ARE ALL ONE AND THE SAME THEY ARE ALL THIEVES. IS BUHARI EVEN THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB? NIGERIA NEEDS FRESH BLOOD AND FRESH IDEA IN ITS POLITICAL TERRAIN, NOT ALL THESE OLD ROGUES
except HIV
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OgbuefiNegro: 3:45pm On May 05, 2013
naptu2:

This is a report in the Tribune newspaper. What's Tribune's political leaning?

I never said the report or the article is false. The tribune is reporting, at face value, what is expressed by the parties, this is not an editorial. Besides, ACN is yet to respond. It may not do so until after the partners have held their conventions.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by funnyx(m): 3:51pm On May 05, 2013
Eko Ile:

I feel you. I was around when he was the head of state and I saw him in action, he practically changed Nigeria in little or time with WAI and other programs.

Nigerians were showing up to work on time because buhari was at your gate to fire you even if you are oga at the top, nigerians stopped throwing trash everywhere, we stopped rushing to enter buses, we stopped jumping the line and so on. Buhari successfully tamed our unruly ways and behavior in no time..

He proved his worth and he's a tested leader with good qualities.

Just imagine Nigeria today without IBB's coup and interruption..

You're very right, that was the moment for Nigeria to attain its right full place until the smiling gap toothed maradona overthrew him and thrown us back into abyss. During those times as a student you are not allowed be late, litter, jump the queue or commit any act of indiscipline. The radio and television stations ran several jingles to reorientate Nigerians about discipline and patriotism. As a young child then I heard how school principal, teachers and top civil servants were made to frog jump for being late to work.
That type of leadership is what Nigeria need now to get us back on track.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by funnyx(m): 3:53pm On May 05, 2013
sweetkevisco: Buhari!!,the blood of youth corpers that died in the hands of cpc led thugs wil forever cry against you!

Their blood is on Jonathan and his PDP cohorts for not doing enough to protect them.

1 Like

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by naptu2: 3:53pm On May 05, 2013
Ogbuefi_Negro:

I never said the report or the article is false. The tribune is reporting, at face value, what is expressed by the parties, this is not an editorial. Besides, ACN is yet to respond. It may not do so until after the partners have held their conventions.

What I mean is that I won't be in a hurry to believe the report. The Tribune has shown in the last few years that it supports conservative groups (basically, the regimes that governed the south-west between 2003-2007).

The report might be true, but I'll wait for corroboration from more independent sources.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by teskyg: 3:56pm On May 05, 2013
We say no to Buhari.Can any of you supporting Buhari and branding corruption free credential expain to us how a corrupt free person will choose to eat in the same plate with corrupt politicians like Akume,Tinubu,Ikimi,Udenwa and others?How can he fight corruption when his campaign funds will come from ill gotten wealth?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Evestar200(f): 3:56pm On May 05, 2013
Mtheeeew,, ALL D PARTIES ARE FULL WITH BUNCH OF CRIMINALS
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by OgbuefiNegro: 4:03pm On May 05, 2013
naptu2:

What I mean is that I won't be in a hurry to believe the report. The Tribune has shown in the last few years that it supports conservative groups (basically, the regimes that governed the south-west between 2003-2007).

The report might be true, but I'll wait for corroboration from more independent sources.

I got it! wink. You affirmed my caution, though I hadn't though of it in that dimension but you are correct. I will zip it. lipsrsealed
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ProfessorPeter(m): 4:04pm On May 05, 2013
If Buhari wins in 2015,Obj, IBB, GEJ n some corrupt individuals including Tinubu will b in jail or in exile. I still see 2011 event replay itself. Buhari will b dropped for a younger candidate, this will anger CPC who will pull out of d merger. Then he will cry crocodile's tears again
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by ajufinz(m): 4:09pm On May 05, 2013
Who knows ...tomorrow?
Wistlinnnngggg @=?*#+
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Policewoman(f): 4:14pm On May 05, 2013
Gbawe:

http://tribune.com.ng/news2013/index.php/en/news/item/11135-2015-merger-parties-pick-buhari-fresh-tension-as-cpc-crisis-lingers

I'm afraid they have just handed over the victory to Ebele Jonathan. Buhari is a chronic loser (sorry for d word). He is not a sellable candidate and time has proven that.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 05, 2013
The news is false. It's just a speculative item echoing popular sentiment and hoping to get some feedback. Tribune is the propaganda mouthpiece of PDP in SW.

Anyway, Buhari's popularity in the North is unshakable. He won convincingly in Core North in 2011 and the incumbent president has not been able to break into such regions. With the poor handling of Boko Haram issue, GEJ chances of even picking 25% in those core northern states are quite poor.

Two, the sentiments that drove electorate to vote GEJ-let's help minority, let's reward Niger Delta, Let's vote a PhD into office, Let's this man bring good luck, let's vote a humble man-are no longer present. Such perceptions are now replaced with that of corrupt, clueless, incompetent and unfortunately tribal leader. Sentiments are no longer in his favor. His performance is beyond failure, he's simply a non-starter.

The political configuration has also changed with ACN's dominance in the West becoming more and more unshakable relative to pre-2011 permutations. Even the East though still pro-GEJ is not as solid relative to 2011. A good vice presidential candidate who is popular in the South is now what is needed to make such ticket more meaningful. With southern sitting governors, political heavy weights following Buhari to campaign in the South and deploying resources to that end, the results ll certainly be different this time. The electoral liability of a man who has contested three times is not high. There's nothing new to use against Buhari that perhaps has not been heard before.

Will the ticket and by extension the candidates solve our problems? It's too early to tell. Cabinet composition and a number of other factors can give a pointer to that end. The opposition is now closer to Aso Rock more than ever before.

PS
A political party is more interested in who can win elections than who can perform in office. I would have preferred a Fasola/Oshiomole ticket but such can not win election in Nigeria. The best bet to electoral victory is Buhari with a popular candidate in the South.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by NeoXVI: 4:23pm On May 05, 2013
truth4meal: Insincerity on what we truly want is a major in Nigeria. Is the problem of Nigeria caused by age of our leaders? NO! Is the challenges of our economy a result of an absence in technocrats? NO! Is the problem facing us as a nation and our inability to move forward a direct product of sentiments? YES! Why can't will just for once be reasonable - if age is the magic why then is a young and educated GEJ performing so horribly? Or why is Dimeji Bankole and the rest "youths" embroiled in massive corruption? Any reasonable person who is still thinking freely and not with a bought conscience will attest to the popularity of Buhari and the sincerity of the man's quest for a positive change. When we reason in terms of how old a man is and where he is from rather than the ability to perform then we are indeed our problem. Politics is a game of popularity and numbers - only Buhari can within d frame of two years be sellable cos pushing a new relatively unknwn individual as a presidential candidate is a suicide. Age has nothing to do with performance in govt and history has a lot of examples. What we need is progress - sincere transformation and "total" freedom from the bondage of PDP. Our problem is not about age, sex, tribe, place of birth and other trivia tinz - our problem is corruption, greed, insincerity, mismanagement and PDP!!! Buhari is the man! After him a young an vibrant Nigerian can emerge but not now - to clear the rot in this nation atm is not a child's play...Sai Buhari!!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by NeoXVI: 4:24pm On May 05, 2013
truth4meal: And to all you singers of young president - how many of you voted ur young comrades who contested for the presidency in other political parties to serve as a form of encouragement and also as a testimony of your sincere want for a young president. How many of you belong to a political party or are u dreaming someone will one day knock your door to offer you the candidature of a party? See we should cover our face in shame that the only tin veritable against Buhari is his age and religion - and not that he is corrupt and insensitive to the plight of the masses. Because Buhari is old I should then vote a clueless GEJ cos he is young? Because Buhari is a northern I should then vote the corrupt GEJ cos he is from the south? So because Buhari is muslim I should vote the visionless GEJ cos he is a "christian"? We need to start thinking and acting like people that sincerely want a positive change. It should be progress over sentiments not the other way round...transforming Nigeria atm is not a child's play I beg to repeat! Sai Buhari!!!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by NeoXVI: 4:24pm On May 05, 2013
berem: I wonder how age has become a factor for becoming a president. Jonathan who is in his 50's, what has he done so far for the country? what has people like Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawan etc who i believe are in their 40's impacted in the lives of the Nigerian youth? Absolutely nothing! Corruption knows no age. Buhari should be given the opportunity to rule this country. Who cares if he is 100years? what Nigerians want is a true leader who will liberate this country from the hands of PDP.

SAI BUHARI 2015!

Nuff said!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Kairoseki77: 4:29pm On May 05, 2013
Prof Corruption: The news is false. It's just a speculative item echoing popular sentiment and hoping to get some feedback. Tribune is the propaganda mouthpiece of PDP in SW.

Anyway, Buhari's popularity in the North is unshakable. He won convincingly in Core North in 2011 and the incumbent president has not been able to break into such regions. With the poor handling of Boko Haram issue, GEJ chances of even picking 25% in those core northern states are quite poor.

Two, the sentiments that drove electorate to vote GEJ-let's help minority, let's reward Niger Delta, Let's vote a PhD into office, Let's this man bring good luck, let's vote a humble man-are no longer present. Such perceptions are now replaced with that of corrupt, clueless, incompetent and unfortunately tribal leader. Sentiments are no longer in his favor. His performance is beyond failure, he's simply a non-starter.

The political configuration has also changed with ACN's dominance in the West becoming more and more unshakable relative to pre-2011 permutations. Even the East though still pro-GEJ is not as solid relative to 2011. A good vice presidential candidate who is popular in the South is now what is needed to make such ticket more meaningful. With southern sitting governors, political heavy weights following Buhari to campaign in the South and deploying resources to that end, the results ll certainly be different this time. The electoral liability of a man who has contested three times is not high. There's nothing new to use against Buhari that perhaps has not been heard before.

Will the ticket and by extension the candidates solve our problems? It's too early to tell. Cabinet composition and a number of other factors can give a pointer to that end. The opposition is now closer to Aso Rock more than ever before.

PS
A political party is more interested in who can win elections than who can perform in office. I would have preferred a Fasola/Oshiomole ticket but such can not win election in Nigeria. The best bet to electoral victory is Buhari with a popular candidate in the South.

Why do you think Fashola can't win?
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by goodgood2(m): 4:30pm On May 05, 2013
Click "like" if you know Buhari'll lose again if he contests again.

4 Likes

Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Biafradiplomat: 4:32pm On May 05, 2013
Toktee: Wake up man,Robert mugabi iz older than buhari,italian prime minister iz older than buhari,indian prime minister iz older than buhari,how old was mandela wen he became s/african president;wakeup bro we need a leader that iz capable of redirecting the ship of thiz great country toward the promised land,the picture is there for you to see what a young man has done to thiz country,he promised minimun wage but paid it with subsidy removal,promised to fight corruption but grant pardon to looters etc......................church tins on my mind,later pls
I put it to you that you are a neophyte who revel in mediocrity. Are you fvrking kidding me? Naming Mugabe and those redundant rulers as a good example is very idiotic and myopic. To hell with Buhari and his ilks, if Buhari is what APC wants to field out of the 160 million Nigerians, then I am sorry for them cos they have shot themselves at the foot and inadvertantly made it easy for GEJ. Pathetic fools!
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by maximunimpact(m): 4:33pm On May 05, 2013
I which this is official, I cud jst go home celebrating!
Buhari is my man, jst yesterday I created a topic for him tittled:''Buhari is the last hope of the fight against curruption in Nigeria''

This is a good feel considering the fact dat Buhari is what Nigerians need now to stamp out curruption. As for those saying he is an old 70yr old man, what an elder sees sitting, even if u climb an MTN mask as a young guy u wunt see it. Okadigbo disrespected Zik sayin he is too old, the course der is dat okadigbo did not live 2 c grey hair! respect this man Buhari, he is d most ethical and principled politician we av around.

APC will be doin a gr8 job goin wit Buhari, my vote and othrt sincere Nigerians will put him in power once again.
Re: 2015: Merger Parties Pick Buhari by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 05, 2013
Michaeljones36:

Why do you think Fashola can't win?

Sentiment, nothing more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun (supplementary Election): Monitoring, Lives Updates and Results / PDP Crisis: What PDP Governors Discussed With Jonathan - Fayose / Charly Boy #OurMumuDonDo Suspends "Buhari Resume Or Resign" Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.