Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief (39932 Views)

Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief – Pastor Femi Aribisala / Pastor Who Goes About Preaching Unclad / What Man Of God Is Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - Femi Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by dealslip(f): 12:11pm On May 07, 2013
elviszzz: “Do NOT think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill. For assuredly, I say to you, TILL heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle will by no means pass from the law till all is fulfilled. Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.’ (Matthew 5, 17-20). Most say tithing is under d law n shouldn't be regarded cos we r under grace.pls explain the verse above.
Let us ask for deeper understanding of the words of Christ. He made it clear that he didn't come to abolish the law but to fufil it. He has done that already by his death on the cross. Colossians 2:14 to the whole of verse 3. The whole law was merely a shadow of the things to come. You don't need to keep the law not one of it anymore. If you pay tithes you must also stop eating pork, start killing homosexuals, fornicators and the other vices. Jesus paid taxes but not tithes. The veil in the temple has been broken we don't need high priest anymore to pray to God on our behalf or offer sacrifices. The purpose of Levites then were to bear sacrifices and do nothing else. Now Jesus had borne the ultimate sacrifice. Levis are now redundant. Even Paul built tent for a living and asked for support not shove tithe down the saints throat. He said every man should work so he can share with those that don't have.Jesus was clear to be Peter. He told him 3 times to feed his sheeps.

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Image123(m): 12:14pm On May 07, 2013
wow just wow.

Matthew 23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by ajogbemi: 12:15pm On May 07, 2013
Well, tithe is a relationship between me n my father in Heaven. I do not give my money to the Pastor in quote but God and if I do , no qualms. if they have been used by God to ministered to me spiritually,why cant i reciprocate financially.Matt 5;17-18,Gal 6;6,1Tim 5;17. I think people who are always raising this issue of tithe thing are greedy individuals. Agree, there are some overdoing by some Pastors, that should not label every Pastor as a thief. Lets be careful with our utterances. tnx
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by coogar: 12:17pm On May 07, 2013
omiobo: I enjoy paying tithe,and I will continue paying tithe. No one can command me to pay tithe,I know the benefit that is why I'm doing so. I didn't register as a tithe payer by collecting tithe card in the church because I know it's wrong.
The willingness to pay tithe should come from within not by pressure from the pastor. I understand church needs members' resources to reach out to the lost souls. Preaching the gospel,paying tithes,offerings and making sacrifices are the ways I think a christian can contribute to the growth of God's kingdom.

you are a very intelligent man, sir!

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by dtolus2006: 12:19pm On May 07, 2013
I'm not a pastor nor a clergy but when I read the gigantic article you put up, I couldn't help but notice the grudge you have for the payment of tithes. From the way you sounded using your choice of words, I could tell you are not a tithe payer yourself. This makes me wonder seeing the jealousy that may have spurred you into putting up such a fight.Sir its such a pity that this write up reveals your level of ignorance as concerned the subject matter. No doubt about it that you have knowledge of Gods word... But its only foolishness sir, to have had the knowledge and not to have experienced the power. I pay my tithes... And I'm glad I do! If you don't believe in tithing in the 21st century, don't impose your falacy on others.... At least, be glad you are not a tither. May God Almighty The Lord- owner of everything forgive your sheer ignorance in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by sheguy(m): 12:26pm On May 07, 2013
[/quote][/font]
may God forgive your ignorance as it is not all pastors that depend on tithe or offerings for survival.

It think that was why e said: If tithes and offerings are removed from churches, I bet 99 per cent of our pastors will run away from being pastors and the remaining 1 per cent will be the true men of God. Happy private jetting Sunday to all. so please get him write.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by coogar: 12:27pm On May 07, 2013
dtolus2006: I'm not a pastor nor a clergy but when I read the gigantic article you put up, I couldn't help but notice the grudge you have for the payment of tithes. From the way you sounded using your choice of words, I could tell you are not a tithe payer yourself. This makes me wonder seeing the jealousy that may have spurred you into putting up such a fight.Sir its such a pity that this write up reveals your level of ignorance as concerned the subject matter. No doubt about it that you have knowledge of Gods word... But its only foolishness sir, to have had the knowledge and not to have experienced the power. I pay my tithes... And I'm glad I do! If you don't believe in tithing in the 21st century, don't impose your falacy on others.... At least, be glad you are not a tither. May God Almighty The Lord- owner of everything forgive your sheer ignorance in Jesus Name. Amen.

don't mind femi aribisala - he's a lunatic!

no one is forcing the other to pay tithes. if he doesn't want to pay, it's entirely his own prerogative. why is he forcing his own idiotic opinion on the others?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Atigba: 12:29pm On May 07, 2013
I will start paying tithes...when i see a pastor that can explain to me why jesus christ did nt pay tithes and his apostles non even teaches the early church to tithe and they did nt pay tithes as well..so i believe under the new convenant tithing is unscriptural.i use to say this to my friends in school way back,they will call me devil for nt paying tithes but today...i can remember a pastor told me on campus then that i would get a job that am doomed..for nt paying tithe...but today all my friends re still jobless they re all asking me for help.i dont have to follow a doctrine to get something from God. My earthly dad before he died he wrote a wil stating that so so property in so so location belongs to me ..i did nt do anything to merit the property the reason he gave it to me is because i was born in okoro family. so also when u re born again u dont need to do anything to merit God blessing. infact the reason why God blessing belongs to you is nt because you re paying tithes of going to church every day..he has already done evrything on the cross..is like saying the price he paid is worthless ...Own no man nothing accept to love for who ever that loves has fulfilled the law.I ONLY LOVE THAT IS THE ONLY COMMANDMENT JESUS LEFT ....OTHERS HAS BECAME ABSOLATE THE VERY MOMENT HE DIED.

7 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 07, 2013
Atigba: I will start paying tithes...when i see a pastor that can explain to me why jesus christ did nt pay tithes and his apostles non even teaches the early church to tithe and they did nt pay tithes as well..so i believe under the new convenant tithing is unscriptural.i use to say this to my friends in school way back,they will call me devil for nt paying tithes but today...i can remember a pastor told me on campus then that i would get a job that am doomed..for nt paying tithe...but today all my friends re still jobless they re all asking me for help.i dont have to follow a doctrine to get something from God. My earthly dad before he died he wrote a wil stating that so so property in so so location belongs to me ..i did nt do anything to merit the property the reason he gave it to me is because i was born in okoro family. so also when u re born again u dont need to do anything to merit God blessing. infact the reason why God blessing belongs to you is nt because you re paying tithes of going to church every day..he has already done evrything on the cross..is like saying the price he paid is worthless ...Own no man nothing accept to love for who ever that loves has fulfilled the law.I ONLY LOVE THAT IS THE ONLY COMMANDMENT JESUS LEFT ....OTHERS HAS BECAME ABSOLATE THE VERY MOMENT HE DIED.

Guy you are on point ...GBOSA GBOSA GBOSA!!!!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by PastorKun(m): 12:32pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:

no one is forcing the other to pay tithes. if he doesn't want to pay, it's entirely his own prerogative. why is he forcing his own idiotic opinion on the others?

It is actually pastors that preach tithing that are forcing their idiotic, daft and manipulative opinions on others.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 07, 2013
asudan:
may God forgive your ignorance as it is not all pastors that depend on tithe or offerings for survival.

Can you please give us a list of such pastors who have never benefited from church money?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by coogar: 12:40pm On May 07, 2013
Pastor Kun:
It is actually pastors that preach tithing that are forcing the idiotic, daft and manipulative opinions on others.

preaching is forcing?
come on - pastors preach what they read in the bible. they are not lifting these verses from the holy quaran or wikipedia. you don't have to tithe if you don't want to.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Dee60: 12:43pm On May 07, 2013
One should not attempt to analyze the scriptures as if you are in a word laboratory. If you do, you may end up spreading errors....!

What is wrong a person giving his one-tenth to God? What is wrong with a pastor asking his congregation to offer their one-tenth to God?
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by nairacountry(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2013
For his part, Jacob also tithed only once. He
did this in a “let’s make a deal” arrangement
he offered to God: “Jacob made a vow,
saying, ‘If God will be with me, and keep me
in this way that I am going, and give me
bread to eat and clothing to put on, so that I
come back to my father’s house in peace,
then the LORD shall be my God. And this
stone which I have set as a pillar shall be
God’s house, and of all that you give me I will
surely give a tenth to you.’” (Genesis
28:20-22). This kind of deal about accepting
God only under certain self-serving
conditions should certainly not be a term of
reference for any serious believer.

If Jacob made "a deal" n was so Blessed as a result, I wanna make such deal often in my entire life wit my TITHE & offering.
Paying 10% of my income isn't a big deal; d 100% comes from Him in d 1st place. So its just lyk using 10% to collect 100%. Me think its a fair deal.
Lastly, ur present condition of cash-strain, falling victim of 419,spending money on project witout equittable result are results of ur doubt on d genuineness of God's blessings on paying tithe.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by stankezzy: 1:03pm On May 07, 2013
mollie12:

Oga, don't pay him any attention. I wonder what acclaimed atheists like Muskeeto and plaetton are doing on an obviously Christian thread. They are just trying to stir up attention: let's ignore them.
i have said it many times that those guys are anti-christ.if u say u do nt believe in religion,it is like somebody that says he did nt believe in education nd he is ignoring anything relating to education,being on his own without disturbing anybody, is different to somebody that does not believe in education but trying to enforce ignorance,then he believes in ignorance cos he is working for them.if u do nt believe in religion u can ignore it or even if u will critisize u do so to all religions.BUT i HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THESE SO CALLED AETHEIST.IGNORES OTHER RELIGIONS ONLY TO JUMP OUT WHEN EVER ANY CHRISTIAN TOPIC IS POSTED ,to do their assigned work by their master mr d.....
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by coogar: 1:05pm On May 07, 2013
Dee60: One should not attempt to analyze the scriptures as if you are in a word laboratory. If you do, you may end up spreading errors....!

What is wrong a person giving his one-tenth to God? What is wrong with a pastor asking his congregation to offer their one-tenth to God?

it beats me - femi aribisala is jealous of pastor chris.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 07, 2013
There can be no compromise with this doctrine of demons , because that is exactly what this tithe LIE is.

People who keep preaching it despite evidence to the contrary are truly blinded , possibly by money.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Tabawababy(f): 1:07pm On May 07, 2013
Did pastor force member to pay tithe? Pastor only do preaching and you take your hand to put the money inside envelove and member also use his leg to carry the envelove to church. Stop blaming pastor it is bat pls.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by stankezzy: 1:16pm On May 07, 2013
coogar:

it is like telling students "read very well for u to pass" nd d student is now going about telling every body that this man is wicked that he does not want us to be sleeping or resting ,there is an option ,it is not by force,either u read nd pass or u do not read nd fail.either u pay ur tithe as d bibble said or u do not pay.it is not by force.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by devour129: 1:17pm On May 07, 2013
DrummaBoy: I honestly did not want to join the fray here because now that the thread is front page, those who will contribute will no longer be the religious section adherents and thus to many opinion and long thread, while Seun smiles to the Bank. But here is a familiar one directing this to me and let me lend a voice here:

my kind of guy ! Mature,polite and intelligent ! Keep it up . This is all I can comment in this thread
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DEGREE2466(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2013
TOO MANY GOT TO READ THAT LATER
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by tomaagy(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2013
Its your life!!! Just beware how ur utterances or so called sudden revolution imparts on the life of people who cant decide for themselves!

The koko is this if you cant part with 10% of wat you have freely! You are a greedy person which is not christianly!

I am not a frequent tither though i wish i could be, and neither do i pay my tithes in a single church!

Sometimes ive used my tithe to purchase needs for the church! Understanding matters.... but please watever ur personal convictions regarding tithe dont make a law out of it..

if u search the bible enough u will see any scripture to back even committing murder! its free will
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by DrummaBoy(m): 1:35pm On May 07, 2013
frosbel: There can be no compromise with this doctrine of demons , because that is exactly what this tithe LIE is.

People who keep preaching it despite evidence to the contrary are truly blinded , possibly by money.

FROSBEL'S IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by thelonestranger: 1:40pm On May 07, 2013
I like my church pastor. This is what he says every Sunday for benefit of people like OP: ;if you like give; if you don't want to give put your money in your pocket; God bless you"
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Reptyle(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2013
The truth is that this debate about tithes will never end until Jesus comes. I read the article and it did not present any new arguments against the paying of tithes...just recycled the same arguments and pieces of scripture that have been used over the decades.

No one is going to hell for not paying tithes...so anyone that preaches that as a way of arm twisting their church members into paying tithes is preaching heresy.

There is absolutely no compulsion in paying tithes and freewill offerings...there is no compulsion in salvation.

I pay my tithes because it is my personal conviction and not because some pastor somewhere told me to. As a matter of fact, I pay more than the stipulated 10 per cent and I am not about to stop because of a really long academic treatise of the subject matter.

If you are not convinced tithes are scriptural, do not pay...period!!! If your pastor's constant reminder asking you to pay upsets you and makes you uncomfortable, leave the church and go where you wont be reminded. To each his own until the return of Christ. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by kingsleyMbang(m): 1:49pm On May 07, 2013
The Bible does nt support payin of Tithe in churches any more but rather encourages any who may wish 2 support Jesus'ministry to do so voluntarily "as he has resolved in hs heart,nt grudgingly or under compulsion,4 God loves a cheerful giver">2Corinthians9:7.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Reptyle(m): 1:51pm On May 07, 2013
frosbel: There can be no compromise with this doctrine of demons , because that is exactly what this tithe LIE is.

You are barking up the wrong tree my friend!

There are souls perishing while you and your ilk stir up a revolution about tithing or no tithing. Like I stated earlier, tithing will neither help a non-believer make heaven nor throw a believer off-track if he is already on his way to heaven.

Focus your energy on a revolution that will shake hell to its foundation by bringing the knowledge of living life in the Spirit by Christ Jesus to the unsaved.

To each his own till the return of Christ smiley
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by plaetton: 1:54pm On May 07, 2013
Is anyone asking why the Jews are not paying tithe to skydaddy today?
If the socalled chosen people are not paying tithes or earth-management fees to their beloved skydaddy, why should a black African?
Are you an eternal slave made-to-order?
Think with your head. If Jesus came down from heaven yo sacrifice himself to save you( from god knows whatever), then aside from being a good citizen of the earth, wtf does anyone still owe this rapacious god?
God took the time to design and create humans so that we can pay him?
And then after all that payment, we still die through all types diseases, and then we are subject to judgment for our shortcomings,and possibly facing eternal jail time in hell?
wtf are we paying for?
Religion is just tooooooo silly.
It makes a retard of every believer.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by muredo(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2013
AT YOUR OWN RISK,T OP,ARE THEY REQUESTING FROM YOUR POCKET TO DO THAT
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Godside: 2:23pm On May 07, 2013
asudan:

bro, i believ u r d 1 wit ignorance here. What u jst read is d truth wh u find diffcult 2believ. IS YOUR PASTOR OR PREACHER COLLECTING TITHE ? IF YES , ITS WRONG. pls read ur bible n nt wat ur pastor says

1 Like

Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by pure123: 2:44pm On May 07, 2013
AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE...........IF TITHE IS RIT OR WRONG IT'S NON OF MY BUSINESS........STOLEN BY PASTOR, EATEN BY CHOIR, OR EVEN USED FOR PRIVATE AIRPORT THAT IS THEIR HEADACHE I PAY IT TO GOD AND NOT TO PASTOR WHAT THEY DO WITH IT IS BTW THEM AND GOD.
Re: Femi Aribisala: Every Pastor Who Collects Tithes Is A Thief by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 07, 2013
Now I need you guys to listen to this:

I know this pastor Aribisala intimately. I have sat through various sermons of his in his small church. I have eaten dinner with his family, prepared by his wife Karen. Heck, I got married in his church because my wife is a member of his church. He actually wedded us.

In my lifetime, I have never seen someone who spoke the truth from the word of God. After sitting several through several sermons of his, I had to go through my bible to check if he was telling the truth, and to my surprise all that he preached were written in black and white in my bible. He revealed things that I had never seen before which were in my bible but other pastor don't ever touch. At the end, I decided that it would make more sense if I just started reading my bible by myself and not listening to what these pastorpreneurs are yelling at us from their high pulpits.

Folks, please take time to study the word because in it lies your liberty.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Hate On White Garment Churches / Is Glo Blackberry Subscription On Android Sin Before God. Pls Read This. / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.