Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? (16718 Views)

My Uncle's Wife Served Him Food Without Kneeling Down; Disrepectful!! / Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food / Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by MrAboki: 3:39pm On May 07, 2013

[size=13pt]What is this one now na?! angry[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by babyme1(f): 3:42pm On May 07, 2013
why are you all attacking Uju? Abeg leave her alone. SMH for some cultures sha
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 3:44pm On May 07, 2013
Ujujoan:

You should just kneel and stand up, no need to wait for her to ask you to rise! undecided

This is another thing I hate about 'those people'. . . . Bunch of hypocrites. Like kneeling down to greet will make them live longer. Tufiakwa!

God pls make me an Ibo again in my next life! cool cool cheesy

This can only be coming from the tribe that wake their parent from bed with vicious sliding tackle

If you see a boy beating up his father 90% chance is that he is Ibo

Example

Police arraign man, 26, for allegedly beating mother
On August 23, 2012 · In News
6:08 pm

Abuja – The Police on Thursday arraigned one Chima Eke, 26, of Tudun Wada in Lugbe, Abuja, before an Abuja Senior Magistrates’ Court for allegedly beating up his mother.

5 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by MrAboki: 3:46pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

This can only be coming from the tribe that wake their parent from bed with vicious sliding tackle

If you see a boy beating up his father 90% chance is that he is Ibo

[size=13pt]Why are you so bitter towards the Igbos?! Atimes you behave like someone who sucked chest instead of b`reast as a child. angry

Why cant we all just love one another.

[/size]
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by cold(m): 3:49pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:
[size=13pt]What is this one now na?! angry[/size]
grin reminds me of 'free fall' from my Man O War days
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 3:57pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]Why are you so bitter towards the Igbos?! Atimes you behave like someone who sucked chest instead of b`reast as a child. angry

Why cant we all just love one another.

[/size]

Why do you act like a child that was conceived from @nal sexx all the time?

Obviously you are blind to see who started it, Just like its normal for your people to start shittt and claim victim afterwards anumanu

7 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by MrAboki: 3:59pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Obviously you are blind to see who started it, Just like its normal for your people to start shittt and claim victim afterwards anumanu

[size=13pt]How was your childhood Dayo?! Did your daddy ever tell you he loved you? Did your mum ever hug you?! What happened in your life to make you so bitter towards the Igbos? The Igbos dont even hate you or your people like this.

I think you need Jesus in your life.

[/size]

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

Why do you act like a child that was conceived from @nal sexx all the time?

So it is now about who started it first?...... Are we in high school? boy and girl fight? who started pinching first? Who hissed at the other person first?.....Wow
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by coogar: 4:02pm On May 07, 2013
how did this beautiful thread degenerate into another tribal war?
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]How was your childhood Dayo?! Did your daddy ever tell you he loved you? Did your mum ever hug you?! What happened in your life to make you so bitter towards the Igbos? The Igbos dont even hate you or your people like this.

[/size]

The only childhood you can point to was the one in a detention where you were kept with fellow animals

2 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by biolabee(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

[size=13pt]How was your childhood Dayo?! Did your daddy ever tell you he loved you? Did your mum ever hug you?! What happened in your life to make you so bitter towards the Igbos? The Igbos dont even hate you or your people like this.

[/size]

You are being two faced yourself
You say you dont like the pontification of the Yorubas.. that is your opinion
leave it at that then u now make gifs yabbing the practice of prostrating then you now call jisos

muppet

we know the ibo tribalists, luckily they are married to their own tribe.. so good for them
If i dont like one thing about a tribe, it does not mean the whole tribe is bad

5 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On May 07, 2013
jennykadry:

So it is now about who started it first?...... Are we in high school? boy and girl fight? who started pinching first? Who hissed at the other person first?.....Wow

The law of physics states for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. and its not restricted to primary and secondary school students alone sweety

So if any reaction affects you deal with the initial action.

7 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Emlina(f): 4:10pm On May 07, 2013
C mata oo. Una don leav road enta bush. Re we nw in2 tribe? Igbo or yoruba, all get unique heritage nd culture. All man get identity. Atleast, d igbos demonstrate plenty muscle by beating ndi muru ha. Wats ur identity? I'm proudly Igbo.
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by biolabee(m): 4:10pm On May 07, 2013
coogar: how did this beautiful thread degenerate into another tribal war?

it was a matter of time hence i asked is the issue about curtseying or about the fact the mum did not see her
You focused on the latter which is the issue yet the tribalist swill swoop in as expected so dont be surprised to see hidden posts soon

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by MrAboki: 4:11pm On May 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

The law of physics states for every action there is a equal and opposite reaction. and its not restricted to primary and secondary school students alone sweety

You haven't answered the question..... Are we in high school??
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:13pm On May 07, 2013
Emlina: C mata oo. Una don leav road enta bush. Re we nw in2 tribe? Igbo or yoruba, all get unique heritage nd culture. All man get identity. Atleast, d igbos demonstrate plenty muscle by beating ndi muru ha. Wats ur identity? I'm proudly Igbo.

Have you heard of the saying all brawns no brains.

Plenty muscle is what primitive people boast of, Yorubas demonstrate plenty brains which is what differentiate human from animals

Thats why with your muscle, the Yoruba brains would always outwit you. Thats why one man would start a war and still depend on his opponent to feed him. Thinking war is about muscle

Ndi muru, is that your fellow animal which your are fighting?

6 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

SMH

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Dayo, come and take a hug, you sound troubled. it seems you were AssR`aped as a child by Camels.. grin

You need therapy my friend.. Do you still have those nightmares?!

You should be very familiar with assrapinng since that was the channel you were conceived. You should be a major reason why Bestiality is bad.

Gorilla rapes woman product = Mr Aboki

4 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 07, 2013
freecocoa: I'm kinda confused o.

There were other people greeting her at the time so maybe she was not entirely focused on you, so what are you saying?

The best thing is to rise immediately after greeting(whether acknowledged or not especially in this case) and if you feel she didn't answer you, when she's done greeting and answering every other person, you go to her and simply say "I was greeting but you were kinda busy, welcome ma" its as simple as that.

I don't get what the big deal is here.

God bless you sis for this post.

I dunno... just for sake of argument I guess undecided

Making a mountain outta mole hill.... I've been training my kids to kneel since toodler stage, it's part of Yoruba Heritage so what's the big deal, oh grandma should swoop her off the ground cos she's who? She's overweight or a Queen?

Regberegbe grin
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:15pm On May 07, 2013
jennykadry: You haven't answered the question..... Are we in high school??

We dont have to be in high school.

The law every action leads to an equal and opposite reaction doesnt affect High school alone

4 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 07, 2013
dayokanu:

We dont have to be in high school.

The law every action leads to an equal and opposite reaction doesnt affect High school alone

For a second there I thought we were back in high school.
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:18pm On May 07, 2013
jennykadry: For a second there I thought we were back in high school.

Ok. Life laws affect every one High school College, aged or infants

4 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by MrAboki: 4:20pm On May 07, 2013
[size=13pt]Tisk! Tisk! Tisk! Poor Dayo..

It must be tough going through life with all those marks on your face that looks like you were a victim of a vicious assault rap`e by a gang of wild h0rny male bears.. grin

[/size]
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by calapicha(m): 4:21pm On May 07, 2013
[quote author=Mr Aboki][size=13pt]^^^^ And for that reason, I believe she should stop kneeling down to greet. A simple cortesy bow would be okay.[/size][/

Your name says it all
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by dayokanu(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]Tisk! Tisk! Tisk! Poor Dayo..

It must be tough going through life with all those marks on your face that looks like you were a victim of a vicious assault rap`e by a gang of wild h0rny male bears.. grin

[/size]

Marks on face are way better than marks on the brain you carry about. No wonder grown men from your side tie wrapper like women.

Is that to cover their chronic hernia or what?

6 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 07, 2013
baby.me:
why are you all attacking Uju? Abeg leave her alone. SMH for some cultures sha

Iru iro n borun cheesy

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Candour(m): 4:35pm On May 07, 2013
they've almost succeeded in turning this to another yoruba-Igbo bashing thread......me that is from one and married to an angel from the other,wetin make i do now cry cry

Pls tribal warlords,can't we enjoy this discussion in peace

Na beg i dey beg o
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 07, 2013
Oooops!

1 Like

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 07, 2013
Dayokanu pls leave them be abeg... Yoruba has the richest culture in Nigeria and they know it... #ProuldlyYoruba

6 Likes

Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by bee444: 4:41pm On May 07, 2013
I don't prostrate for my mother-in-law. I stand, say hello and kiss her. Sometimes I just say " se owa ok".
Re: Kneeling Down To Greet Mother-in-law: Oddity Or Obeisance? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 07, 2013
bee444: I don't prostrate for my mother-in-law. I stand, say hello and kiss her. Sometimes I just say " se owa ok".
Looool. Is it "se owa ok" or "se ewa ok"?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story / How To Do A Total Name Change / Why Do Parents Pressure Their Daughters To Marry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.