Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (34179 Views)

Jamb Registrar Dibu Ojerinde Speaks About Jamb 2016 / Waec 2014 May/june Results Out. Mass Failure Recorded / Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by laurel03(m): 5:16am On May 10, 2013
My brother(16yrs) scored 225 and jamb was his first exam and through to God no expose and any payment for extra lesson or special centre just personal reading... But he wish to study medicine or pharmacy in unilorin now we don't know may be the mark is up to post jamb??
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by cowtail: 5:25am On May 10, 2013
Ajibel: JAMB really messed up this year. I think the board should be overhauled. Everyone would blame the mass failure on laziness of the students,i think thats just a cover up. I heard JAMB deducted marks from students too
deducted marks from students? What would JAMB do with the marks deducted? Think straight my friend. My advice, Nigerian youths please spend more time reading your books than on social Media chatting. JAMB put your own house in order. Why the hurry to release results when all the grey areas have not been sorted out?
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by cowtail: 5:41am On May 10, 2013
y.alwaysme:
A man was carrying that he paid 20k for a special center and his son score 115 tongue
what was the man carrying? With this type of english, how will you pass JAMB?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by layiwola008: 5:43am On May 10, 2013
Post UTME past questions and answers for all schools.
Visit the link below:
www.theprojectpros.net/index.php/articles/59
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Mayflowa(m): 5:46am On May 10, 2013
spikes C: I totally hate this about the reps. Are they trying to say JAMB don't know there job or what. Or that people really didn't fail.
Lets face the fact, most Nigerian students writing JAMB fail because they're supposed to fail. You see people expecting results via text messages. Some writing exam types not giving to them. Some making stupid mistakes in their sheets and even disobeying instructions.

When people fail, they FAILED.

My only advice is to allow resitting of JAMB in a few months after the first one. That way, more people will have opportunity to gain admission.

You don't get it! Either Jamb has a wrong marking scheme or it was on purpose to fail student. I believe the formal. Or it could be from faulty machine. I hv personally marked some students' works who did marvellously well but failed why does that did poorly passed. I am so concerned and worried about the senerio.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by daporski: 5:46am On May 10, 2013
Anyone interacting with the average JAMB candidate will wonder how they hope to pass Use of English! As a matter of fact, reading the posts made on Nairaland by Jambites on exam day, I felt sad about the level of education in Nigeria. I just knew that if the standard of questions that we answered when writing Jamb years ago remain the same then there is no hope for a vast majoirity of students writing the exams even if they are allowed to use slate and chalk talk less of computers!

I beg make una free the JAMB Registrar joor!
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by datalife437: 5:59am On May 10, 2013
pmonkz:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooow! It baffles me when a Nigerian writes like this. The main reason for the mass failure is because the universities don't have the right capacity to absorb students, so JAMB intentionally failed students.
That's right my brother! We should not keep heaping blames upon JAMB alone, there's a big problem on the part of the students too.Well I narrowly escaped with 190.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by otokx(m): 6:03am On May 10, 2013
The house of reps man from Kano probably operates from Somalia if not he would have known that computer based test is yet to commence.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by datalife437: 6:03am On May 10, 2013
cowtail: what was the man carrying? With this type of english, how will you pass JAMB?
I think he meant to say 'crying' instead of 'carrying'. Naija lol cheesy
cowtail: what was the man carrying? With this type of english, how will you pass JAMB?
I think he meant to say 'crying' instead of 'carrying'. Naija lol
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ikweremilitant: 6:06am On May 10, 2013
JUO: na him fault?
abeg make una leave d man joor.improve education and d failures will stop
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by tomber(m): 6:27am On May 10, 2013
Why worry if it is mass failure. The cut offs will b lowered now. If they dash all of you free 100mark the cut offs will go up.
There is no space for all those who wrote jamb sef. Free mark is killing our educatn especially in state where people must not fail(i heard they even prostested in thoae states).Thaz y they produce teachers engineer etc that cant say a sentence in english.
when student fail waec they summon waec same with neco. Let d rep Keep deceivin thmselv.
an average primary school cert holder cant read and write. whose fault JAMB. hehe
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Smartluv(m): 6:31am On May 10, 2013
house of reps should leave JAMB alone and concentrate on a more pressing issues. students no longer read again, most of them are business people having one or two businesses to execute,which time wil they concentate to read, some hope for Expo.others carry gals and boys around.wht do u expect. Failure. REPs LEAVE JAMB ALONe
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by babaowo: 6:34am On May 10, 2013
acidtalk: What in Heaven's name is This Country Nigeria turning into?

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.
....yes this talk is very very acidic....
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ireneidiva(f): 6:34am On May 10, 2013
At last
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by tomber(m): 6:34am On May 10, 2013
Mayflowa:

You don't get it! Either Jamb has a wrong marking scheme or it was on purpose to fail student. I believe the formal. Or it could be from faulty machine. I hv personally marked some students' works who did marvellously well but failed why does that did poorly passed. I am so concerned and worried about the senerio.

Yes o . you really need to be concerned because It is most likely you will av failed the exam ursef
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by sarutobie(m): 6:41am On May 10, 2013
tomber:

Yes o . you really need to be concerned because It is most likely you will av failed the exam ursef
Using 'av' in place of have and using 'ursef' in place of yourself..do you think you would have done any better??..people are getting lazy even in typing..
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 6:46am On May 10, 2013
fckyourman:

"After June 1, the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for 2013 would have been over with 1.7million students left alone to jostle for the 520,000 admission spaces in tertiary institutions in Nigeria."(Vanguard 2013)

Okay if 1 million pass jamb with flying colors, how are we suppose to accommodate them despite the space available in universities are 520,000, So Jamb purposely fail almost half of these candidates due to lack of spaces in universities. Do you get it now ?

Just like federal character in the civil service and MDAs where people are given promotion on regional quota system instead of merit or zoning in the political system,I won't be surprised if the same thing is introduced into the educational system to cover the inadequacies of the Nigerian government.I only pity those students .

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Mooaloji(m): 6:48am On May 10, 2013
Wetin concern jamb wit d mass failure? Na dem get 2go, facebook nd so on, y d students no go fail. Dose huse of rep members is like day hv nthing serious 2 do. Make dem pack wel jare
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ujchief(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2013
Gboliwe: I am sure that those who chose or assigned to the computer based exam have not even taken the exam, what is the HOR saying?

My thoughts exactly! The computer based will take place next month or so and the reps are whining that it was the cause. Ignorance in 3-D.

It is not a new development that our students are performing woefully. WAEC and NECO have been complaining about it for ages now!

What do the reps aim at achieving? Are they insinuating that JAMB had technical difficulties or that there was a mistake somewhere?

The level of education in our country is sinking lower and lower each year. Students travel far and wide to sit for external exams, why? Because they depend on expo. That is why more than 50% changed their question type inside the exam.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Ekans: 6:50am On May 10, 2013
fckyourman: REPS ARE FINALLY WORKING.

God punish JAMB
.Young man,its obvious you failed woefully.Our youths should concentrate less on pinging and read more of their books.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by chax100(f): 6:53am On May 10, 2013
The scripts should be carefully examined, cross-checked and evaluated by an independent body.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ezehr(m): 6:56am On May 10, 2013
I had one on one discussion with my final yr friend that worked as mercenary during the exam. He told me that the cause of the mass failure is students inability to study. They employ anybody; i mean even a road side mechanic to write for them. Secondly, some received the answers on their mobile that does not correspond to their paper type; they've done this in the past and went free, but Jamb was stricker by substrating 80marks from such students. My own submission is that the result is the true reflection of our educational system; the youths no longer study. The only way forward is to rejuvenate the system by creating some incentives that will make the youths study

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by EagleNest(m): 6:57am On May 10, 2013

If this so called House of Representative members have nothing to do, can they just close that chambers, give the keys to Tambuwwal to continue globe trotting with rotimi Ameachi in his private jet. This whole thing is making a mockery of this country.

Is it the Head of Jamb the House of Representative are meant to summon on the Dullards who have nothing in their heads and their parents who no longer scold them to go and read.

The educational standard as so gone down the drain that even a day to exams, students will have heavy ear phones in their ears (they call DRE abi shey na Snoppy) listening to some immoral meaningless songs being sang by all the so called illiterate wanna be dropouts.

Nothing in Nigeria is improving anymore, everything seems to be nose diving, from morals, to spiritual life, educational standard, respect, conscience, trust, hardwork, humility, honesty......

Tambuwwal tell your boys to face more pressing issues rather than blaming an innocent man and his team for marking genuinely without bias what those useless dullards tick in the exam sheet.

Well, I don't blame dem sef. Afterall the thief that called himself Farouk Lawan was the chairman Committee on Education. They are looking for ways to siphone bribe from the Budget given to Jamb this year.

Students : if una dare insult me, na the person wey dey the oldest picture for una house una dey talk to.

Olodo bunch of students in a dead nation. Like Olodo Students like their Dumb President.

I quite agree with your sayings...the teens of nowadays are really not serious with education and the Universities & parents are not helping at all. Then when you add the wahala of JAMB forcing students that have not been exposed before to computer to write exams...is like adding salt to injury. Let JAMB explain if the options of writing with computer or papers were adhered to. After that we can make a final analysis and deductions.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by ujchief(m): 6:58am On May 10, 2013
When JAMB gives you a paper type, the same paper type has been already programed into the marking machine that will mark your specific answer scripts. Forget the question number that said "what question type do you have___"
Changing the question type with the answer you receive via txt message won't do you any good. The machine had already been programed that Emeka Abiola Mustapha of registration number 012345AB was assigned paper types C in Economics and A in Biology.

Kudos JAMB, let's discourage malpractice and see if our students can go back to the drawing board. After the sham of exam waec is conducting where answers are written in the board for students, jamb remains the remedy for our educational system.

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 6:59am On May 10, 2013

To a certain degree you are right.But not totally.Nigerians are not dullards!
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by HonLord: 7:03am On May 10, 2013
There is no need for all these things. If the students prepare well they will pass their exams.

Even inthe universities today, many don't read but want to make their result since Fed. Govt. is interested only to hear - HE IS A GRADUATE. Whether he understands it or not - they need the certificate.

Let them prepare again and re-sit for the exam, behold what will happen next time. Is the man/registrar the owner of the business? NO. He gains nothing in failing the students. Hard work, good results
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 7:04am On May 10, 2013
So If the head is infected,the whole Body shud b cut undecideddown??
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by saemmanuel(m): 7:06am On May 10, 2013

On point but not totally on point....Nigeria isnt dead yet just SICK for nao......
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by iwanchop(m): 7:11am On May 10, 2013
pmonkz:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Wooow! It baffles me when a Nigerian writes like this. The main reason for the mass failure is because the universities don't have the right capacity to absorb students, so JAMB intentionally failed students.

JAMB need not fail the students to achieve that, it's left for schools to determine who they admit. Have u not seen ppu who scored 295 in UTME but still denied admission through post UTME

1 Like

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Nobody: 7:11am On May 10, 2013
Israelie:

Na dem sabi..
Upon d deduct, i stil mak it wit 200plus
Evidence that you cheated in the exam.
Your inability to write or construct a good sentence says it all.
Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by Symphony007: 7:14am On May 10, 2013

hey stop saying rubbish! Do you even think? If you or any member of your farmily was affected by this you won't be vomiting this rubbish! I know of a friend who has written jamb twice with his own knowledge without malpractise. Last year he scored 240 and this year it's 180 when he belives he even did better than last year. Over 15,000 students results are being witheld due to no biometric identification when jamb did'nt send the computer to some centers, some had low batteries,some were'nt even connecting with the server, you'll also blame the dull students for that?

Some Students who wrote art subjects english,government,literature and crk and checking their results and seeing,english,chemisty,physics,maths result and vice versal, you'll also blame the "olodo student's" for this. Tjamb this year just conducted a shambolic excuse of my exan after ripping of student of over 6,000 for registration and condeming scores to wasting a year at home..this is a problem. It's disgusting and wrong, if they can't handle big exams and be able single out the corrupt students from the innocent rather than declaring mass failure, they should bugger off and allow universities conduct their individual entry exams. Where there will be less beurucracy and population to carter to. Your comment was most shamefull, you and the other 20 hillbillies that liked your post are greatly myopic!!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Summon JAMB Registrar Over Mass Failure by markemordi(m): 7:16am On May 10, 2013
All these people talkking about student dont read.student do read but do u people like u dis country cant move forward.u guys should get a job.jobless people dat dont have postive things for dis nation.even d so called parents dat cant even read dat r in high postion in d government go and advise dem nt us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jamb’s Top Performer, Kamsiyochukwu Gets 8 A’s, 1 B In WAEC / How Good Are You In English Language, Check This Out / Man Caught Trying To Write Exam For His Wife During Osun Teacher's Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.