Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71902 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:20pm On May 11, 2013
steve_cantrell:

Even if I'm 1year younger than the OP, I'm sure its too young for her. Besides, I'm not really into all that going to UK stuff. Been there and done that..

women like travel well, well so that they can post picture in album
I dont think she would mind 1 yr younger if u are ready to settle down
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 11, 2013
God never promised that the road would be easy but he promised never to leave nor forsake us.
Life is a competition, let us learn to go easy on ourselves and trust that God is working it all out for good( even if it doesn't make sense now). I know that there's a time for everything but most importantly that IT WILL COME TO PASS., no matter the trial or challenges , yours will come to Pass in due course... And u will be up and strong again to lift up those who maybe down under...
Never lose hope..
YOU DIDN'T CREATE YOURSELF , NOR CHOSE THE PATH YOU WILL LIVE ON EARTH, LET GOD DO HIS WILL.. COS HE KNOWS ALL AND HAS ALREADY MAPPED OUT EACH AND EVERYONE'S PATH INLIFE...
Be patient, your time will come to marry...
Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Osama10(m): 9:25pm On May 11, 2013
Just one word, change your ATTITUDE.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:27pm On May 11, 2013
Amelian: God never promised that the road would be easy but he promised never to leave nor forsake us.
Life is a competition, let us learn to go easy on ourselves and trust that God is working it all out for good( even if it doesn't make sense now). I know that there's a time for everything but most importantly that IT WILL COME TO PASS., no matter the trial or challenges , yours will come to Pass in due course... And u will be up and strong again to lift up those who maybe down under...
Never lose hope..
YOU DIDN'T CREATE YOURSELF , NOR CHOSE THE PATH YOU WILL LIVE ON EARTH, LET GOD DO HIS WILL.. COS HE KNOWS ALL AND HAS ALREADY MAPPED OUT EACH AND EVERYONE'S PATH INLIFE...
Be patient, your time will come to marry...
Shalom.

shooo!!!
which kine plenty advice be this naw

we the male folks have decided to handle matters our way
and provide practical closure to Chima's desires
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 11, 2013
coogar:

gringringringringrin
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by stevecantrell: 9:28pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

women like travel well, well so that they can post picture in album
I dont think she would mind 1 yr younger if u are ready to settle down

She's still kinda young for that, she's not that desperate yet. Besides, I look even younger than my age. Go 4 it dude.. U d man !!! cheesy
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:29pm On May 11, 2013
steve_cantrell:

She's still kinda young for that, she's not that desperate yet. Besides, I look even younger than my age. Go 4 it dude.. U d man !!! cheesy

chop knuckle bro

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:30pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

shooo!!!

we the male folks have decided to handle matters

U may not need the advise, but there are people out there, who desire and had wish to read this advise.. It doesn't apply to the op alone, but anyone who is worried and unsure of where his or her life is heading to...so don't use your own to block other people from receiving true words.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:31pm On May 11, 2013
Amelian:

U may not need the advise, but there are people out there, who desire and had wish to read this advise.. It doesn't apply to the op alone, but anyone who is worried and unsure of where his or her life is heading to...so don't use your own to block other people from receiving true words.

Ok ma
by the way, do u have any issues that need practical male solutions? wink
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

shooo!!!

we the male folks have decided to handle matters our way

Hey, do yourself good and stop playing around with someone's tory.
Didn't you read she doesn't fancy unsettled guys? Yeah, she actually said it.
If you think you are done posting some serious $hit and it is time for jokes, you know the section to visit.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

Ok ma

Thanks for the generous offer.... You are so kind but ... I don't have any issues that requires practical male solutions...

Am more than able through Christ Jesus.. cheesy smiley
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by cold(m): 9:38pm On May 11, 2013
@op,stop looking for the so called 'God fearing men'. Maybe all you need is an atheist to sweep you off your feet & change your life forever. Once had this cute & intelligent broad,we got on very well but couldn't consummate the relationship because of my stance on religion. In spite of her best efforts I refused to be swayed even as a pretentious move just to make her happy. She eventually got married to this 'God fearing' bloke she met in one of their numerous fellowships. Fast forward a year later & she's texting me how things have degenerated so badly between them the guy even spat at her in a moment of rage which happens quite frequently according to her & how she misses me & all the good times we spent together,reh,reh,reh,bla,bla,bla.
The point to my story is keep an open mind & don't be parochial in your thinking or search for that elusive man.
True story...

3 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:39pm On May 11, 2013
Tashamania:

Hey, do yourself good and stop playing around with someone's tory.
Didn't you read she doesn't fancy unsettled guys? Yeah, she actually said it.
If you think you are done posting some serious $hit and it is time for jokes, you know the section to visit.

All this ^^^ my dear is the issue
My guess is that the kind of men she;s looking for
only approach women who let their hair down
when men are finally in through jokes/ease/fun, thats when the ladies shld spring the 'serious' trap

Unsettled guys are the majority (settled single guys are scarce)
many of my smart female friends know ways of ensuring the unsettled guys get settled
and settled with them

Ask ur grand mum to teach u some man sense wink
(u can also try this classic https://www.nairaland.com/1265198/dwindling-pool-male-lovers-nigeria
it shld teach u a thing or two)
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by coogar: 9:42pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

Ok ma

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 9:42pm On May 11, 2013
Amelian:

Thanks for the generous offer.... You are so kind but ... I don't have any issues that requires practical male solutions...

Am more than able through Christ Jesus .. cheesy smiley

U see,
You've got urself a man there dear grin
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

U see,
You've got urself a man there dear grin

Na u know oooo..... cool
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by minute(f): 10:16pm On May 11, 2013
Well maybe you are looking in the wrong places. Or maybe you need a a little pick me up makeover.

Have you tried one of those phone chat things and speed dating?

And, don't forget, your biological clock is ticking . . .tick tock...
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 10:24pm On May 11, 2013
*Folds worn out shirt*
who's next?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by BecaciaBarbie(f): 10:27pm On May 11, 2013
Acidosis: You are only 31, woman... Relax your mind and like you said, you can get your own apartment & make sure you live a decent life.

Giving yourself a matrimonial ultimatum is the surest way to fall in the arms of a barbaric groom.

If you believe in prayers, tender your requests to God and attend religious services, marriage seminars, reasonable events.. Don't go about clubbing else you'll only make a mess of yourself in the hands of small small chop & clean mouth dudes.

Resist every form of pride, now that we all know you travel to u.k everyday with a fat salary.

And make sure you dress well and in a responsible not so flashy way.

and then

invite me for your wedding on the 21st of September, 2013!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:41pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

All this ^^^ my dear is the issue
My guess is that the kind of men she;s looking for
only approach women who let their hair down
when men are finally in through jokes/ease/fun, thats when the ladies shld spring the 'serious' trap

Unsettled guys are the majority (settled single guys are scarce)
many of my smart female friends know ways of ensuring the unsettled guys get settled
and settled with them

Ask ur grand mum to teach u some man sense wink
(u can also try this classic https://www.nairaland.com/1265198/dwindling-pool-male-lovers-nigeria
it shld teach u a thing or two)

What you just wrote made no sense and to that effect, I aint wasting my time on you.
You can run along now smileysmiley
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 10:46pm On May 11, 2013
Tashamania:

What you just wrote made no sense and to that effect, I aint wasting my time on you.
You can run along now smileysmiley

Except ur a teenager hiding behind that moniker
then u know perfectly well what I am talking about

I trust u'll sneak back to make sense out of it
when u finally mature
*straight face*
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 10:52pm On May 11, 2013
esere826:

Except ur a teenager hiding behind that moniker
then u know perfectly well what I am talking about

I trust u'll sneak back to make sense out of it
when u finally mature
*straight face*

And how old are you, elderly one? That you couldn't comprehend a simple post made by OP.
Go get new clothings for yourself and while you are at it, a luxurious house too. I refuse to settle for unsettled guys too. Get behind me undecided
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by esere826: 11:00pm On May 11, 2013
Tashamania:

And how old are you, elderly one? That you couldn't comprehend a simple post made by OP.
Go get new clothings for yourself and while you are at it, a luxurious house too. I refuse to settle for unsettled guys too. Get behind me undecided

But pls naw
I will soon hammer
just some patience sad
its not my fault that i have not hammered yet
its nigerian condition

(Happyness_Chima... hope u learning some lessons from this shallow theatre, and sort of friends u shld keep away from that cld influence ur ability to get the right man)

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Cultured(m): 11:47pm On May 11, 2013
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Danfo(m): 1:53am On May 12, 2013
@OP,

I have reviewed your initial post and subsequent comments and I think I have an apt response to your statement: but I don't know what I’m doing wrong.

From your comments you gave ample indications, thus I will use extracts from same comments to highlight what you are doing wrong, in my view.

Here we go:

1. I have a good job and travel to the UK often. (Deduction: Pride)

2. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. (Deduction: Pride)

3. Sorry if I offended anyone by mentioning UK. What I meant to explain is I'm always on holidays to London to relax and expand my search for a husband. I work in rotational shifts so when I get 4 weeks off, I like to use it to travel which is like 5-6 times a year. I'm not bragging or showing off. I don't even go for shopping or live lavish when I visit there. Maybe it wasn't worth mentioning so I'm sorry. (Deduction: ….even in apologising for showing pride you convey pride)

4. Jehovah!! What kind of rest-less married woman are you biko? You said no salary in Nigeria will afford 5 trips to the UK? that shows ur financial level. I have nothing to say b[i]ut whats so special about this UK that has been biting you this woman since[/i]. I even apologized that I want others to understand what I do with my life and how I spend my time so they can advice because its biting u seriously. Flight ticket to London is only 90K. You claim to know everything abt wild girls and their lifestyle. How did you know all these if u were not one of them? I passed out from unijos by the age of 23. I'm not baby for you to boss around online. Is this how you treat your single friends? Show me one woman that has never had a suitor abroad. What have I done to warrant all this insults? (Deduction: Your reaction to criticism is self-justification and loss of decorum; Pride is present)

5. Is it wrong that I mentioned UK? I even came back to clarify. She wants to ridicule me for no reason. If I knew how inconsiderate people can be, I won't open a topic like this. (Deduction: your reaction to criticism is self-importance and loss of decorum ; Pride is present)

6. When you meet a man that's not settled, they usually bring their baggage to me and as a single woman I don't think I should be feeding any man. (Deduction: Pride)

My sister, I can deduce from this distance that you are a very independent young lady. Let me even go as far as saying that you are been modest when you say you are employed, I would say you are self- employed. You are worth millions of Naira and you certainly have a large circle of friends at home and abroad. This standard of living has made you become prideful and given you a sense of high expectations in your relationships and quest for a husband.

I can surmise that you have an ideal man in mind, and the ideal man has to be successful, perhaps ‘settled’ like Tyler Perry but definitely not a Spike Lee type because looks is also very important to you. Your social status has made you create an elusive Eldorado (a man in shining armour riding a resplendent white horse). But know those are the stuff fairy tales are made of. An elusive Eldorado only blinds girls, temporarily, to present realities and the result is rancour and wistfulness at age 30+.

I sincerely think that you have this instinct and pride which have made you to build a secure unit/prison around yourself. So you exist in a state of schizophrenia where you are both the guard and the prisoner. And having been lobotomised by these double roles (unreal duality) you no longer have the capacity to leave the prison that you made, or even see it as a prison.

Thus I bring you release today. I bring you release by saying set it free! Set pride loose in the name of Christ Jesus! Damn it, let it go!

You are not in this world to live to no one’s expectations. Stop thinking people expect you to manufacture a perfect man to marry because there is no such. If you are sincere in talking about marriage you cannot be prideful or boastful regardless of your success so far. Your search for a lifetime partner should not be based on material success. Rich people have been known to become poor and vice versa. For marriage you must look for someone who will love you for who you are and not for your money or popularity, and you also must do the same. Presently, your expectation seems too high. Too high that you even went international in the search. Forgive me if I am wrong, but most likely your father was not wealthy when he met your mother, and yet your mother loved him enough to marry him, and look at what they produced, an independent and prosperous lady.

If you find a man with a good heart and love for you, you can build him up if he has nothing of his own, and he in turn can bring you satisfaction and peace, and happiness in ways that money can never do.

I want you to know that if your desire for a man is guided by GOD then the ideal union will arise between you and a worthy man. But if you choose by what dominates you now (materialism); then you might regret it.

Finally, know that all things have their time and from hurry comes harm. So take your time, let prayer, humility, due diligence, and sincerity guide you in your search. Do not disregard any suitor just because they are not ‘settled’, but by means of prayer let GOD reveal the heart and mind of the suitors to you so you can make a creditable shortlist of suitors to work on to find the man for you.

I pray that my words will be meaningful to you.

I close by saying that, I sincerely wish you the best. May GOD hear your prayers and bless you with a good man that will truly be a worthy lifetime companion for you under all circumstances as you journey through earth-life. Amen

24 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:04am On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Jehovah!! What kind of rest-less married woman are you biko? You said no salary in Nigeria will afford 5 trips to the UK? that shows ur financial level. i have nothing to say but whats so special about this UK that has been biting you this woman since. I even apologized that I want others to understand what I do with my life and how I spend my time so they can advice because its biting u seriously. Flight ticket to London is only 90K. You claim to know everything abt wild girls and their lifestyle. How did you know all these if u were not one of them? I passed out from unijos by the age of 23. I'm not baby for you to boss around online. Is this how you treat your single friends. Show me one woman that has never had a suitor abroad. What have I done to warrant all this insults?

Shebi na husband u dey find eh kwa
He may just be reading so keep it all prettied up Nne
He could be reading
FYI,people have found husbands on nairaland
This year shall not pass you by grin

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:16am On May 12, 2013
Danfo: @OP,

I have reviewed your initial post and subsequent comments and I think I have an apt response to your statement: but I don't know what I’m doing wrong.

From your comments you gave ample indications, thus I will use extracts from same comments to highlight what you are doing wrong, in my view.

Here we go:

1. I have a good job and travel to the UK often. (Deduction: Pride)

2. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. (Deduction: Pride)

3. Sorry if I offended anyone by mentioning UK. What I meant to explain is I'm always on holidays to London to relax and expand my search for a husband. I work in rotational shifts so when I get 4 weeks off, I like to use it to travel which is like 5-6 times a year. I'm not bragging or showing off. I don't even go for shopping or live lavish when I visit there. Maybe it wasn't worth mentioning so I'm sorry. (Deduction: ….even in apologising for showing pride you convey pride)

4. Jehovah!! What kind of rest-less married woman are you biko? You said no salary in Nigeria will afford 5 trips to the UK? that shows ur financial level. I have nothing to say b[i]ut whats so special about this UK that has been biting you this woman since[/i]. I even apologized that I want others to understand what I do with my life and how I spend my time so they can advice because its biting u seriously. Flight ticket to London is only 90K. You claim to know everything abt wild girls and their lifestyle. How did you know all these if u were not one of them? I passed out from unijos by the age of 23. I'm not baby for you to boss around online. Is this how you treat your single friends? Show me one woman that has never had a suitor abroad. What have I done to warrant all this insults? (Deduction: Your reaction to criticism is self-justification and loss of decorum; Pride is present)

5. Is it wrong that I mentioned UK? I even came back to clarify. She wants to ridicule me for no reason. If I knew how inconsiderate people can be, I won't open a topic like this. (Deduction: your reaction to criticism is self-importance and loss of decorum ; Pride is present)

6. When you meet a man that's not settled, they usually bring their baggage to me and as a single woman I don't think I should be feeding any man. (Deduction: Pride)

My sister, I can deduce from this distance that you are a very independent young lady. Let me even go as far as saying that you are been modest when you say you are employed, I would say you are self- employed. You are worth millions of Naira and you certainly have a large circle of friends at home and abroad. This standard of living has made you become prideful and given you a sense of high expectations in your relationships and quest for a husband.

I can surmise that you have an ideal man in mind, and the ideal man has to be successful, perhaps ‘settled’ like Tyler Perry but definitely not a Spike Lee type because looks is also very important to you. Your social status has made you create an elusive Eldorado (a man in shining armour riding a resplendent white horse). But know those are the stuff fairy tales are made of. An elusive Eldorado only blinds girls, temporarily, to present realities and the result is rancour and wistfulness at age 30+.

I sincerely think that you have this instinct and pride which have made you to build a secure unit/prison around yourself. So you exist in a state of schizophrenia where you are both the guard and the prisoner. And having been lobotomised by these double roles (unreal duality) you no longer have the capacity to leave the prison that you made, or even see it as a prison.

Thus I bring you release today. I bring you release by saying set it free! Set pride loose in the name of Christ Jesus! Damn it, let it go!

You are not in this world to live to no one’s expectations. Stop thinking people expect you to manufacture a perfect man to marry because there is no such. If you are sincere in talking about marriage you cannot be prideful or boastful regardless of your success so far. Your search for a lifetime partner should not be based on material success. Rich people have been known to become poor and vice versa. For marriage you must look for someone who will love you for who you are and not for your money or popularity, and you also must do the same. Presently, your expectation seems too high. Too high that you even went international in the search. Forgive me if I am wrong, but most likely your father was not wealthy when he met your mother, and yet your mother loved him enough to marry him, and look at what they produced, an independent and prosperous lady.

If you find a man with a good heart and love for you, you can build him up if he has nothing of his own, and he in turn can bring you satisfaction and peace, and happiness in ways that money can never do.

I want you to know that if your desire for a man is guided by GOD then the ideal union will arise between you and a worthy man. But if you choose by what dominates you now (materialism); then you might regret it.

Finally, know that all things have their time and from hurry comes harm. So take your time, let prayer, humility, due diligence, and sincerity guide you in your search. Do not disregard any suitor just because they are not ‘settled’, but by means of prayer let GOD reveal the heart and mind of the suitors to you so you can make a creditable shortlist of suitors to work on to find the man for you.

I pray that my words will be meaningful to you.

I close by saying that, I sincerely wish you the best. May GOD hear your prayers and bless you with a good man that will truly be a worthy lifetime companion for you under all circumstances as you journey through earth-life. Amen

And you have to type all this while deducing?

shocked shocked
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:19am On May 12, 2013
grin grin

I hope there is a settled young man here to take the bull by the b.alls

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:20am On May 12, 2013
babyosisi:

Shebi na husband u dey find eh kwa
He may just be reading so keep it all prettied up Nne
He could be reading
FYI,people have found husbands on nairaland
This year shall not pass you by grin

Let the lady be Biko!

You dey pray for her, same time laughing at her undecided....

I see nothing wrong with what she just typed. Yes, she might sound proud to the penniless but not to people like me(the wealthy kind) tongue grin

4 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:21am On May 12, 2013
Vikin:

Let the lady be Biko!

You dey pray for her, same time laughing at her undecided....

I see nothing wrong with what she just typed. Yes, she might sound proud to the penniless but not to people like me(the wealthy kind) tongue grin

What are you waiting for?
You may be the man she has been waiting for
The story is funny na,somehow
Forgive me
@ the poster,I wish you all the best

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 2:26am On May 12, 2013
babyosisi:

What are you waiting for?
You may be the man she has been waiting for
The story is funny na,somehow
Forgive me
@ the poster,I wish you all the best

Forget the name Biko! I be sexy mama! cheesy
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by otokx(m): 2:40am On May 12, 2013
Gboliwe:
You are 31 and you still live with your parents shocked shocked
that is normal in Nigeria, especially when job is around parents locality.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers / Cheating Husband Chats With Wife On Her Fake Facebook Account / 40 Hilarious Memes That Perfectly Sum Up Married Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.