Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon (71826 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / Getting Married As An Undergraduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by samuel900(m): 6:03pm On May 12, 2013
Lets talk on phone 08062321099
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by truelovecom: 6:05pm On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima: I'm 31 And Nobody Is Asking My Hand In Marriage

Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.

Am available, if your serious. Thats my pic below(remember that love aint about number)

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 12, 2013
If you are really serious drop your Skype and others contact info, also upload a picture...if you don't do that I don't see the point of the thread undecided undecided
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by snakova(m): 6:08pm On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

please what else can I do. When everyone in ur family is getting married. If I step outside they say i'm perambulating everywhere. Party, wedding, nightclub is a problem. Im thinking maybe I should rent my own place since I can afford it. I haff tire for the matter.
r u chima aforka? just asking.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by tical(m): 6:08pm On May 12, 2013
berem: Even if you have the money to rent an apartment, please don't! I won't advise you to do that. It tells a lot when a well to do lady like you live alone. Some men will not be comfortable with it and some gigolos will come knocking at your door. Remain in your father's house till you get married even if others are getting married . Your turn will surely come.
good advice...coming 4rm one lady to another.

@ OP
REASON: There is a high tendency that ladies who rent personal appartment (even in school) falls deep into the temptation of a life ruining immorality that becomes a stigma to any1 who intends to marry them

It is always honorable when u leave your father's house directly to your husband's house...any house rented in between can be termed as an ashawo house by pple esspecially your prospective inlaws who might discourage your fiance from settling wit u. undecided cool

Dont be desperate..Marriage is about love & hapiness.

I as a man will neva marry any woman who will not be commited to our relationship because she feels Iam unsettled (poor) undecided

Accept a RESPONSIBLE man (not because they are FINE rich happening party guys in town Oo) when he has nuffin and when he is made he will acknowledge & regard u 4 eva

Humble yourself. Bless
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:08pm On May 12, 2013
Benuromi: Hello Happyness Chima, it was sad to read your topic. I won't say much but with God, all things are possible. I don't know you but reading through your topic, I felt sad on how people can easily conclude without thinking before making comment.
I lived in the UK and life is somehow but with faith, u will be fine. I will like to talk to u. I will drop my number. Give me a miss call and I will talk to u. Be positive and don't let any negative comment bring you down. +447448646243.
Hehehehehehe Broda, I just called you with an unknown number now just out of curiosity......U mean you actually posted your phone number here?.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by claremont(m): 6:09pm On May 12, 2013
Upload a picture, then sit back and be inundated by a hurricane of PMs. grin

Your only problem would be how to sift the serious guys from the desperadoes. Good luck in your quest.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by showietee: 6:09pm On May 12, 2013
Age is but a number. God knows the unseen, that you're not married for now may be the best thing for you. No late comer in it. Don't imitate people. My simple question is- are you really ready?
Your kinda spouse could determine your offspring. Clubbing and drinking! Spouse wit such attitude could have offspring wit such attitude. Do you want that?

After marriage problems are more cumbersome than be4 marriage problems. Did you know when you're destined to start having kids? What if you're married today and you're destined to start having kids in 7years time, what could be more disturbing than that in this part of the world?
Think twice and get prepared for it's not a joke. Peace!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 12, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
There r many of such ladies from d east,setting fantasy standards.by middle 30,they will start doin casting and bindin.
Some workin class ladies felt that some guys r way beneath them.go to abuja,in living faith,family worship,dunamis and other big churches in abj,u will bow. And to worsen matter,they go out with politicians.politicians will take u anywhere and it ends there.
Durin my service year,lots of ladies want to serve in NA.how can u approach ladies like that? I tire o

Living faith Abuja. Okay. I will start spending sundays in Abuja, very simple... Nah to go car wash shine the car b4 2nd service starts...
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 12, 2013
ALL THIS ONE IS TALK . OP POST YOUR PICTURE. PROBLEM SOLVED. THERIN LIES YOUR ANSWER. MAYBE YOU LOOK LIKE A FEMALE VERSION OF WAYNE ROONEY. AND YOU KNOW MANY FINE SETTLED BOYS DONT LIKE MANCHESTER UNITED grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by alemunile: 6:19pm On May 12, 2013
wow that is hard and cold statement to make obadiah[color=#000099][/color]777 yet true

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Phil04: 6:19pm On May 12, 2013
Send me a mail at collphil2000@yahoo.com.It will get better,.Have faith
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Omero(m): 6:20pm On May 12, 2013

Good day nairaland. I'm 31 years old female, single and unmarried. I want to get married by the end of this year by Gods grace. All the men that approach me either are unsettled yet or one problem or the other. At first I wasn't desperate, but I don't know what im doing wrong. I have a good job and travel to the UK often but still haven't met any man that's prepared for marriage. When I go out to have fun, my siblings start complaining that im attending parties and staying out late too much. Is it in our parlour a man will marry me? I'm trying to enjoy life by looking on to the bright side but still feel empty inside of me. What else can I do to get married at least by the end of the year? Any others I my shoes can input as well.
plz come marry meoooo,still searching. tanx.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by aforebby: 6:20pm On May 12, 2013
nice write up,,first and fore most,,change ur style of living...you can never get a responsible man in club or nite parties,,infact that is what is hiddering you,many people will see you as jaye jaye lady(party rocker),,why nt try God your creator,,instead of clubbing why not try churching,,take your mind off it and look unto God,,He will fix you to the rite man,,cheer up you dont have problem..just accept JESUS as your Lord and your saviour,,shikena!!
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 12, 2013
In dis kind of matter,thr are questions that follows it,u already have a gud job and financially ok i guess,d question is are u a ugly type?,are u not friendly wit people?,is ur behaviour a bad 1?,dnt u talk to people?Or do u act to expensive?Are u a proud 1?....Then if non of this question is the problem,then it means its not the right time 4 u,it means d right person 4 u as not met u yet...U need 2 b patient and take things eazy,dnt rush into marraige,the right man will surely kum...Rememb3r the patient dog eat the fattest bone...U may rush into it n just accept any man dat kumz ur way,but later on the marraige will b a different story(d fighting 1,d drunkard,the cheating 1)at d end u regret n divorce.So just put everytin into prayers,U and GOD.N try go church,change ur clubing habit,dat clubbing stuf wil only get u rugged husband.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 12, 2013
maclatunji: The OP has a sense of humour. I could not help but laugh at the way she writes. It has a comic feel to it.

My advice is not to be desperate. Keep your eyes open so that you do not fall for the wrong man. Being single is not a problem, being in a bad marriage is.

I am sure you have started receiving Nairaland suitors with this thread. Beware of emotional fraudsters.

Sure enough. I said something close earlier. Anything is possible.

OP. Beware of fraudsters most importantly.
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Danfo(m): 6:23pm On May 12, 2013
truelove.com:

Am available, if your serious. Thats my pic below(remember that love aint about number)

Laughing out loud....you just disqualified yourself for being too lazy to rotate the pic....you expect the OP to strain her neck?.. grin

Jokes apart, you look 'un-settled'..sorry.. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by truelovecom: 6:26pm On May 12, 2013
ROSYL:
Hehehehehehe Broda, I just called you with an unknown number now just out of curiosity......U mean you actually posted your phone number here?.

bizzy body the number is not for u. dont call him again. he dropped his number specifically for happynes chima. Una no dey take eye see guys wey dey abroad

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by hafeesa: 6:27pm On May 12, 2013
In other countries, this may not be a big deal but we have to be realistic, our society puts a lot of pressure on women once they clock 30 and are still single so I understand your frustration.
However, I have to say if you allow desperation to conquer common sense, you'll end up with a marriage you'll end up regretting for the rest of your life.

Secondly, travelling frequently to the UK is not a criteria. Many uneducated, rude and ill-mannered people do too so you might want to leave that out of an introductory statement to a real contender.

Thirdly, I'm not really feeling the '31 and still living with my parents' thing. What if you meet a guy and he wants to come over for lunch or dinner or you want to show off your cooking skills or something? I don't know about you guys but I don't think the 'meet the family' routine should happen early in a relationship. Frankly, I don't think it should happen at all until you're absolutely certain you're on solid ground with a man. However, opinions tend to differ on the matter so. . .well, I'm sure you know best.

Also, are you absolutely sure you're not setting your standards too high? How flashy is your car? Do you dress in a flamboyant manner with the huge dark shades on? Do you wear too much make-up? I have a LOT of brothers and one opinion they all have in common; flashy girls = mistresses or playthings. This may seem shallow, personally I think it is shallow but first impressions really go a long way.if you have 28inches brazilian hair on, red painted long nails, long eyelashes and really flashy make up on, you'll have a guy calculating his account balance before walking up to you.
BUT, you may have simply been meeting the wrong guys. We can at least agree that there are many of them out there. You could be a wonderful woman who will make a good guy really happy someday. So please, don't get desperate. Look inwards, try to fix whatever you think could be working against you. Maintain a strong self confidence but never be arrogant. Know your true worth and don't settle for less. God will bring you the one that belongs to you. As yoruba people will say, o oni fe oko oloko. I wish you the very best. God bless.

5 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by MrAlfa: 6:27pm On May 12, 2013
Op? Have you tried plastic surgery?

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by benumukoro: 6:29pm On May 12, 2013
Hello Happiness, can u do me a mail tru benumukoro@yahoo.com so we could ve some talk. Tnx
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by tonididdy(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2013
baby_123: Take your time. You can meet the one any where. Just be open minded. Also, husband will not come and meet you in your house. I know couples that like to drink together. They could have met at a beer parlor. Who knows. grin. Keep being who you are, the man that will appreciate you will, for who you are. And it is better that way. As you dont want to pretend and marry someone who will make you miserable.
hmmm...i would never marry a girl i met in a night club or beer bar(unless shes taking soft drinks)
so happyness i advice u start attending a populous church,attend weekday programs be popular for the good reasons.U DONT WANNA BE KNOWN AS THE CLUB GIRL
attend weddings...volunteering meetings...and most of all be decent..avoid drunkeness .
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by tabontabon: 6:32pm On May 12, 2013
A clubbing and night crawling lady is never considered a wife material.
Renting an apartment of your own will worsen your situation.
I can also opine from your post that you love latest and sexy fashion.No serious man wants to marry a woman that shows off her asset to the world.even,if a man does,the marriage is bound to be rocky.
Finally,be humble and reasonable about what kind of man you want.

1 Like

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 12, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: If you are really serious drop your Skype and others contact info, also upload a picture...if you don't do that I don't see the point of the thread undecided undecided

You seem more desperate than OP undecided

2 Likes

Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by bamaiyii(m): 6:35pm On May 12, 2013
Contact me let's work out something 08092558384 am intrested
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:36pm On May 12, 2013
Are u all right?
Tashamania:

You seem more desperate than OP undecided
that's for the people giving their # lmao, I'm not interested
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by winnieG1(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2013

send me PM lets talk
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Kelvinprinzyy(m): 6:37pm On May 12, 2013

am available do u want to hook me up?
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by choix007(m): 6:39pm On May 12, 2013
Happyness_Chima:

Thanks. Ill look at it. But God how long shall I remain like this?

my dear it might not be the men's fault. ...a little patience and a little faith. you cant get d right man in d wrong place.. try to always be at d right place, don't be desperate or else guys will feed on u. Work extremely inbur personality and d right man will knock on your door...

if you're in lagos I wouldn't mind meeting you in person...07033730973 is my direct number
Re: Update; I Am 31 And getting married soon by Nobody: 6:39pm On May 12, 2013
I guess you started this thread to attract a husband from Nairaland. The news is that there are a few genuine husbands here and your assignment will be to sift out the one. I mean ur email will be sumtin else since you mentioned a good job and travelling to u.k. You shld have been quiet there. Its always better to keep the best for the last...

A man or woman comes to like his partner for being humble to reserve his/her best qualities till late. Nevertheless, your thread is a smart step. Many people are in your shoes but wont speak up... My elder sis married at 31 and her first issue were set of twin boys. She really waited and prayed and i gave her much encouragement druing her travail. Guess what, it was her masters project supervisor that became the lucky man. Now her marriage is a bliss. At this time, she had no job nor husband and her younger one(me) had already spent yrs working. Right now just like you, she travels abroad often by virtue of her job, not even her hubbby's doing. Coming to you, what are the real issues with the guys approaching you for marriage

Go to church, fast and pray. Do not club. Even banker ladies who goto clubs find it hard to mingle. Coming to club with your psychaedelic and professional look will scare guys even if you stopped at drinking or going ahead to stomping on the dance floor. Guys in clubs go for call gilrs who give the one night entertainment and you have a different mission. Clubbing will be a waste of time for you. I guess you close from work on fridays and rush to club on suit. Hehehe...

So attend weddings(white and traditional) with your lady friends, naming ceremonies, visit parks and popular places on public holidays, then ''nairaland'' well well. Your husband is by the corner. For a lady of your status, please try humility and sometimes try being stupid. It works....

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (28) (Reply)

Woman Hides Gala In A Bible To Send To Her Children In The UK / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please / Why Married Men Prefer Us To Their Wives - Commercial Sex Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.