Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,268 members, 7,829,581 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? (6985 Views)

My Boyfriend Started Acting Strange...help! / How To Know If Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You / What Do I Give My Boyfriend On His Birthday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by haitto99(m): 7:50pm On May 15, 2013
my girl did something similar 3yrs ago,and even went ahead to break up with me,thank God she was a virgin wen she left and came bak the same,she later found out dat all dat glitters aint gold,bt iI made her suffer well before taking her bak,stick to ur guy abeg,the devil u know is beta dan the angel u dont
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 15, 2013
haitto99: my girl did something similar 3yrs ago,and even went ahead to break up with me,thank God she was a virgin wen she left and came bak the same,she later found out dat all dat glitters aint gold,bt iI made her suffer well before taking her bak,stick to ur guy abeg,the devil u know is beta dan the angel u dont

Are you suggesting that if it happened to your girl 3 years ago, then it would happen to everyone who take that path? Don't you know that each person's life is unique?
The same experience will bring forth different outcome on different people.

OP, live your own life. You have a unique destiny.

TheCongo,
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 15, 2013
pDude: Da fvck is this silly question?

Has you boyfriend put a ring on your middle finger? If not, then you are free to date anyone you want to because you are still free.

Till any man places a ring on your finger, girl enjoy your freedom.
At least you are the only honest guy here. The difference between men and women is that men keep their options open. This is why sometimes you can date a guy for 6+ years only for him to leave you and get married with someone a month later. I think op you clearly have doubts in your current relationship and are not content otherwise you would not have even entertained that guy. I do not believe in cheating but if you decide to get to know this guy better and feel that you want to give this a try then rather let the guy know and call it quits. Being in a long distance relationship is very hard and if you do not have any prospects of being together anytime very soon permanently then you will continue to have doubts etc. I have been in this situation before. When you meet the right guy you just know, there are no doubts whatsoever so if you are not sure about whether or not you want to be with your bf and you having doubts about that already then my dear you really need to look inside yourself. If it is just the attention then speak to your bf about it. But if it"s more than that then for both your sakes then don"t waste your time. Does your bf have prospects of marrying you? If not then you better keep your options open.

1 Like

Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 10:59pm On May 15, 2013
haitto99: my girl did something similar 3yrs ago,and even went ahead to break up with me,thank God she was a virgin wen she left and came bak the same,she later found out dat all dat glitters aint gold,bt iI made her suffer well before taking her bak,stick to ur guy abeg,the devil u know is beta dan the angel u dont
sometimes especially when a lady has only been in one relationship and has nothing to compare or much experience then there is a thought that maybe there is something better or she may not be sure if you are actually the one since she has nothing to compare with. This curiosity can make her want to try another relationship such like ur gf but in end she realised what she had which made her come back.

1 Like

Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by sweetcheecks(f): 3:50pm On May 16, 2013
After thinking and chatting to the guy I am actually glad to have not just blown him off. We found out that we are in the same industry him working and sent by a french company and me running my business in the same industry. Now I have a new area bigger than my ussual scope that I am usually involve in. With my new project coming up I am going to subcontract them to do some work for me broadening my scope and pocket. Love the French right now! kiss kiss

And by the way he has been such a decent and respective lad has not even said one word regarding intimacy or anything like that.
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 16, 2013
sweetcheecks: After thinking and chatting to the guy I am actually glad to have not just blown him off. We found out that we are in the same industry him working and sent by a french company and me running my business in the same industry. Now I have a new area bigger than my ussual scope that I am usually involve in. With my new project coming up I am going to subcontract them to do some work for me broadening my scope and pocket. Love the French right now! kiss kiss

Je suis content pour toi.
Beaucoup de courage et que Dieu t'assiste.

TheCongo
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by sweetcheecks(f): 4:20pm On May 16, 2013
TheCongo:

Je suis content pour toi.
Beaucoup de courage et que Dieu t'assiste.

TheCongo

Merci bocu, The Congo! kiss
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2013
@ OP

I have this thread under my Followed Topics list.

I am just curious to know of the outcome.
Are you still chatting with the new guy?
Have you already started doing business with his company?
Please give us an update.

By the way, I have been one of those who has showed support to you throughout this thread.
I believed you had the right to speak to the new guy given that you weren't married to your boyfriend (if he is still your boyfriend).

TheCongo
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by shizzle11(m): 12:41pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^gringringrin
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by kandiikane(m): 12:43pm On Jun 12, 2013
With practice you will learn to not worry about things like this. If you have no intentions of sleeping with the guy, let your boyfriend know anytime you're going to meet this dude, so you won't have the guilt over your head. That's if your boyfy is not the too jealous, clingy type oo. Just say you've met this long lost friend blah di blah or if it's the open minded kind, let him know straight, ýou have a male friend that wants to take you out for so and so. You can only do this if you allow your boyfriend to hang out with friends, male or female.

You have a right to go dinner with someone. You have a right for someone to take you out to dinner as long as your intentions are not foul.

After all this you and you still feel like you're cheating, you probably are.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by kandiikane(m): 1:04pm On Jun 12, 2013
sweetcheecks:

No, not making love better but maybe as he would turn out to be the love of my life? I am making an example here.

But tell me dont guys chat with other ladies like this? And ladies who chat like this end up cheating on their boyfriends? Is it me alone who has ever done this? Am I that horrible compared to other people?
They do...
NOPE..naturally, my friends are mostly male(nothing wrong with that). I would let my partner know way before we start dating. The only annoying bit is when they like you and can't just have a platonic friendship without mentioning how they feel.

Nope...even if I was to cheat it won't be with the guy.

No.
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
kandiikane:
They do...
NOPE..naturally, my friends are mostly male(nothing wrong with that). I would let my partner know way before we start dating. The only annoying bit is when they like you and can't just have a platonic friendship without mentioning how they feel.

Nope...even if I was to cheat it won't be with the guy.

No.
Tell me abourrit! Msteeeeeeeeew! H-orny b@st@rdinhOEs. angry
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by aduaba(f): 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2013
Dearie from all indications u r so into this new guy. I understand, there's always that mr perfect who comes around when u in a serious relationship.u r asking if u r cheating but in this case that should be the least of your worries .u need to flee from this guy else your next question will be 'help I cheated on my man , wat shud I do'..forget all those saying your guy has not put a ring on it so u r free to do all you want. It takes faithfulness to have a ring on it.
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by Nobody: 1:30am On Jun 13, 2013
Even a murderer has a reason for hia actions. You are not cheating on your boyfriend, you are showing yourself for what you are. Every relationship is rosy at the beginning. I wish you & your new interest the best.
Maybe it is this kinda attitude you have that made your boyfriend distant, in the end he'd leave you while the new guy will feel it is your attitude to flirt in a relationship & dump you. You'd then go about calling men names & lieing about how you "stood by him" through thick & thin.
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by sweetcheecks(f): 1:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
TheCongo: @ OP

I have this thread under my Followed Topics list.

I am just curious to know of the outcome.
Are you still chatting with the new guy?
Have you already started doing business with his company?
Please give us an update.

By the way, I have been one of those who has showed support to you throughout this thread.
I believed you had the right to speak to the new guy given that you weren't married to your boyfriend (if he is still your boyfriend).

TheCongo

Lol! Yes am still chatting to him
No, I have not started with the business side still on the process thou!
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by sweetcheecks(f): 1:05pm On Jun 13, 2013
kandiikane: With practice you will learn to not worry about things like this. If you have no intentions of sleeping with the guy, let your boyfriend know anytime you're going to meet this dude, so you won't have the guilt over your head. That's if your boyfy is not the too jealous, clingy type oo. Just say you've met this long lost friend blah di blah or if it's the open minded kind, let him know straight, ýou have a male friend that wants to take you out for so and so. You can only do this if you allow your boyfriend to hang out with friends, male or female.

You have a right to go dinner with someone. You have a right for someone to take you out to dinner as long as your intentions are not foul.

After all this you and you still feel like you're cheating, you probably are.

That would a great scenario but unfortunately my man is too sensitive to such things. I decided not tell him but am just chatting lesd and less with the guy, dont really planning to meet him.
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by sweetcheecks(f): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
aduaba: Dearie from all indications u r so into this new guy. I understand, there's always that mr perfect who comes around when u in a serious relationship.u r asking if u r cheating but in this case that should be the least of your worries .u need to flee from this guy else your next question will be 'help I cheated on my man , wat shud I do'..forget all those saying your guy has not put a ring on it so u r free to do all you want. It takes faithfulness to have a ring on it.

Yeah, no the cheating will not happen am sure now.
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by sweetcheecks(f): 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
Update!
In all honesty I am glad I allowed myself time to chat with this guy but it also showed me how much I really loved my man. I know now that there is no way I could cheat on him.
All I had was just a short lived excitement and it went quickly and the more I had chats with this guy the more I fel inlove with my boo. I will not lie the guy is a gentleman to the core, he has never once turned the chats sexual or disrespectful to my boyfriend. He is such a great person to know and am glad of the business connection we made, most def will be doing business with him in the near future but its all it can be.

Am hoping to gain a friend as time goes on and be able to introduce him to my sweetheart. wink

I truelly think my man is all the man I need. kiss I am more inlove than ever. Lolest, i advise people to look out there once in a while it will make you appreciate the "one" more. I think.
He is visiting this week and it been a blast! Wanna keep like that.

But thanks guys for your opinions much appreciated wink
Re: Am I Cheating On My Boyfriend? by hrykanu231(m): 3:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
The grass might look greener over there, my advice is that you thread carefully. If possible avoid that "route" he is now saying he likes abi loves u bla bla bla...if he shines kongo, he might just change the tune o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Life's Quilt To Keep You Warm [Picture Thread] / My Boyfriend Has His Earpiece On Whenever We Make Love / How I Lost My Virginity. Share Your Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.