Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,627 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? (9331 Views)

Meditate On This Jim Reeves's Lyric If You Are In Doubt About True Love / 7 Wonders Of A Typical Nigerian Girl / 5 Ways To Catch A Typical Nigerian Chic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 14, 2013
Ok, it goes like this.. Am in my early 30s , good looking, building my career to a nice level, the kind of guys am attracted 2 are cute tall chubby guys.. I don't settle for less undecided... I guess that's y am still single...ok , fast forward.. I was at a BUSSTOP waiting for a bus, when a car slowly drove close to me and this handsome dude, lowered his head in his car to say hi, and if he should give me ride... I looked at him, was skeptical abit, but I noticed his baby face and the way he beckoned on me softly, I sighed and I hopped in.. He introduced himself, but he looks kind of young..especially his face which I secretly liked.

We got talking, he was like he is in town to assist his dad in their family company.. I was like,,oh ok..that's cool. smiley..... We started dating, thenafter few months , he dropped d bombshell that he has a confession to make...And we have to meet, I was like what's wrong.. He says he is actually working for his dad , part time, though but he is in his Finals in the university and he is about to go his NYSC Programme. And he is posted to Yobe state! shocked... I was like wat! Why didnt u tell me , yur a student!.. I felt so bad, that he could conveniently omit that info , of being a student! The question , I was dreading to ask him, now came up... I shook my head and asked how old are you? He looked down and says he is 26 yrs..oh my God! sad... I somehow knew he was younger, but not that young...and at then, I was 31. I felt so bad , I just told him , to go and leave me alone.. I felt so hurt, I felt so alone... Cause av gotten to love him so much... I never imagined, I won't see him for a whole yr! sad

He tried calling , texting... I ignored him... I just want to get over everything and move on.....did i eventually move on, yea but i was not satisfied with two other relationships, i had...He eventually travelled to the north..and I moved on... After two failed relationships again with guys my age bracket and older too... I just decided to forget abt guys and focus more in my career .

After a yr, I received a text message from my once Prince Charming, he is back to town, and wants to meet with me...
Then he called my line, I felt so soft listening to his voice... And we agreed to meet... He asked , how far av gone with work... I told him, av just bought a car a month ago smiley.. So we are now car owners,, not only him ... smiley he laughed and said that's cool, what brand ... I told him..

Now , av forgiven him, we started dating again.. But my friends are like he is younger, he's just done from his youth service ..why do I want to be serious with him?. They don't know his prospects and I can't keep on explaining that he has potentials. One of my frnd a guy even said, he hopes, my bf is not back because I have a car! sad sad...
Can u imagine? And that I shud be careful and he is after my money...I was like, listen to yourself, becos am living well, does not mean I shud be wary of guys and see them as opportunists?

I know there r bad guys , also there are bad girls too..But pls don't judge him, he is with me.... Just for me and he has great dreams and strong potentials, which I know deep down , he will succeed....he is branching out from his dad's company, and has great plans he is working on...why shud I allow suspection to creep in? He has never asked me for money, cos he is ok.

Yea , we do av little issues like most couples do.... But we make up quickly and we understand ourselves better ...pple shud stop creating doubts in couples mind...

It's not good, it's not fair.... sad...stop judging the intentions of a seemingly good guy... Or what do u guys think?
Cos, I don't want doubts about him loving me truly to creep in... And he is so handsome : smiley and bubbly with life...

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:25pm On May 14, 2013
space booked..

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 14, 2013
Seriously...?...C'mon, wat do u think?

Not space booked,abeg.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 14, 2013
from what you wrote, the guy loves you and you love him and so far you guyz are happy with that, it will work.. so what else remain? maybe you're destined to marry someone younger who knows? so abegi, do not allow any enemy of progress put sand sand in your ijebu garri grin
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by eyenCalabar(m): 9:39pm On May 14, 2013
Well, I see you believe in men. You believe in love. That's good! But do you think men really believes in women or in love? Again, men would always take advantage of you guys because of your desparation. Yes! You are desperate but men are not. Now, you have started drawing boundaries of where our comments should stop. It's ok. But know something: men pretends more better than women.

4 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 14, 2013
@ Bennyraz ,Thanks dear.... Yea, we love each other so much...I won't let my frnds get to me..thanks.

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by pendo89(f): 9:43pm On May 14, 2013
26 yr old guy still has a lot to learn,explore and discover.In my opinion still very youthful and experimenting.

You know him better so.. good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 14, 2013
@ pendo, he was 27 last yr... Now he is 28 going to 29yrs..at least we are prone to learning and understanding each other.... Am not a maestro , myself....thanks for the best wishes.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Scarpon(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2013
@op if u are sure of the potential you see in him I mean 100% sure go for him age is just a number. but seriously guys are getting tricky this days I know some bad guys that do those stuffs
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by pendo89(f): 9:51pm On May 14, 2013
Amelian: @ pendo, he was 27 last yr... Now he is 28 going to 29yrs..at least we are prone to learning and understanding each other.... Am not a maestro , myself....thanks for the best wishes.

k.try to understand him more/better.he could be the real deal or the real player and that, you will discover easily.
whatever the outcome,guard your heart.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 14, 2013
@Amelian... from what i can deduct, his age is your problem.. u just said he's 26, 27, 28 going 29 this year are you ashamed of him or what? i know ur girlfriends might5 be the ones putting some kind o fear in you but meeeeeen after one year of service he still called you to hook up.. meen d guy has good plans for you oo
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 10:05pm On May 14, 2013
bennyraz: @Amelian... from what i can deduct, his age is your problem.. u just said he's 26, 27, 28 going 29 this year are you ashamed of him or what? i know ur girlfriends might5 be the ones putting some kind o fear in you but meeeeeen after one year of service he still called you to hook up.. meen d guy has good plans for you oo

Smiles, somehow @ the age.... But yea, I know he does, really ....I saw it in his eyes when we reconciled ..... Hmmm, am not ashamed of him....but abit shy somehow, when we go on dates...l and he doesn't even care, when we go out publicly, he smiles genuinely and warmly... Na my frnds , dey get into my nerves! sad
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by olumaxi(m): 10:44pm On May 14, 2013
mummy OP.. i gues u know wat u want
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Deiok(m): 1:58am On May 15, 2013
if you feel he realy loves you there is nothing to be afraid of. Unless maybe you dont have faith in the relationship. Btw i never know you were that old.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 2:36am On May 15, 2013
because Nigerians are Pessimistic about anything good for them..what is why..
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 5:02am On May 15, 2013
Deiok: if you feel he realy loves you there is nothing to be afraid of. Unless maybe you dont have faith in the relationship. Btw i never know you were that old.

Am not afraid of our relationship just wondering y, pple can be so judge mental abt other pple'srelationship...and point of correction, am not old....am young in looks , body and heart.... smiley
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 5:05am On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: mummy OP.. i gues u know wat u want

Daddy Olumax, I suppose uv not taken your pills lately?....smhh. .... Go take those pills and re read my post again...
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 5:08am On May 15, 2013
Amelian..ur profile pic is upside down..
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by olumaxi(m): 5:39am On May 15, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Amelian..ur profile pic is upside down..
whatelse?..her lov life is upside-down too

5 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 5:41am On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: whatelse?..her lov life is upside-down too
Shots fired im getting out of here..

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Mynd44: 6:09am On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: whatelse?..her lov life is upside-down too
Oh Lawd have mercy
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 6:59am On May 15, 2013
Amelian:

Smiles, somehow @ the age.... But yea, I know he does, really ....I saw it in his eyes when we reconciled ..... Hmmm, am not ashamed of him....but abit shy somehow, when we go on dates...l and he doesn't even care, when we go out publicly, he smiles genuinely and warmly... Na my frnds , dey get into my nerves! sad
en en!! Don't allow ur friends be the driver of your life.. Be in control. Attimes, we all know that friends are hypocrites
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 11:26am On May 15, 2013
Old papa youngie knowitall and Olumax ,.. It's your lives that will be upside down , not mine.... Vampires in human skins... Wicked pple... Both of you can't afford to hear that a couple is happy... If a guy is complaining that his gf is cheating on him, vampires like you guys will so happy and laugh ridiculously in yur tiny one room...if you read a girl has been jilted by a guy, , guys like you will laugh in joy....oloshi pple....Nonsense....smh..

5 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 11:33am On May 15, 2013
@ Bennyraz, God bless you jor.... Have henceforth made up mind , not to listen to hypocrites, and bad belle pple... Am happy, my bf is happy... Bad pple can go to blazes for all I care..thanks dear.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 11:38am On May 15, 2013
I like this op, I cherish the story- how it all started, just like those M and B novels...so sweet...in fact, I am loving this couple...and I am already wishing you and your love a happy ending...just pray and continue to be nice okay? God bless you, bless your fiancee and bless your union smiley

So lovely...good ladysmiley
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 15, 2013
Thanks Dailynews, God bless you too..it's really like M and B novels...smiles... Amen ...our love and union will last for a lifetime ... cheesy.. We even spoke this morning... smiley

Eyes fluttering in bliss.. smiley I love my boo.

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 15, 2013
Amelian: Thanks Dailynews, God bless you too..it's really like M and B novels...smiles... Amen ...our love and union will last for a lifetime ... cheesy.. We even spoke this morning... smiley

Eyes fluttering in bliss.. smiley I love my boo.
hahahahaha...even though I dnt really understand, but I can imagine it...lol...enjoy and don't forget to make God your foundation no matter what, its very vital pls. Goodluck to your love smiley
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 15, 2013
Yea, God is our foundation.... He asked if am willing to join catholic, cause am Pentecostal and he his catholic... I said , why not? I will... For We serve the same God ... He smiled and hugged me...the Lord is our base o.... smiley
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 12:53pm On May 15, 2013
Amelian: @ pendo, he was 27 last yr... Now he is 28 going to 29yrs..at least we are prone to learning and understanding each other.... Am not a maestro , myself....thanks for the best wishes.

He was 26, you were 31,

Now he is 29, that makes you 34,

My dear, if you are really happy being with him, just go ahead smiley.
If marriage is in your mind and you don't want the age thing to be a factor, you guys should talk about it now, not after yrs he decides to settle for someone younger, you sart pouring venom and curses on him.

Know what you want and go get it smiley

5 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by AtheistD(m): 1:01pm On May 15, 2013
Amelian,

I just dont want to say nasty stuff to you so I will keep it simple...

You met this guy, he seemed really nice, you loved him, he probably loved you too. You found out his age (5 yrs younger). Now age difference can be a problem in a relationship or marriage. It is however not insurmountable. It can be overcome with determination, mutual respect and love. So what did you do when you found out his age... you dumped him. shocked

Now you are older and getting desperate, you have also been handled roughly by your age mates and older fellows (who smell your desperacy) you want to come back to this guy. Hmmm..... undecided

I reckon you shouldnt bother. He wont take it likely that you dumped him because of the age. You probably dont respect him too. You are also desperate, this is not a good state of mind to have when seeking a partner. Relax, take your time and focus on meeting someone you truly care about.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by olumaxi(m): 1:19pm On May 15, 2013
Atheist:-D:
Amelian,

I just dont want to say nasty stuff to you so I will keep it simple...

You met this guy, he seemed really nice, you loved him, he probably loved you too. You found out his age (5 yrs younger). Now age difference can be a problem in a relationship or marriage. It is however not insurmountable. It can be overcome with determination, mutual respect and love. So what did you do when you found out his age... you dumped him. shocked

Now you are older and getting desperate, you have also been handled roughly by your age mates and older fellows (who smell your desperacy) you want to come back to this guy. Hmmm..... undecided

I reckon you shouldnt bother. He wont take it likely that you dumped him because of the age. You probably dont respect him too. You are also desperate, this is not a good state of mind to have when seeking a partner. Relax, take your time and focus on meeting someone you truly care about.
yeah,d main reason i askd ha if she knew wat she want..but,av clearly seen it in ha response dat she's desperate..n dats d reason y i wont reply ha tantrums..i gues she nids my prayers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Date A Nigerian Man / Why Are Girls Very Selfish ? / Prostitute Met A Man Whom She Could Not Handle And Ran Away Naked (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.