Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? (9344 Views)

Meditate On This Jim Reeves's Lyric If You Are In Doubt About True Love / 7 Wonders Of A Typical Nigerian Girl / 5 Ways To Catch A Typical Nigerian Chic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by tellwisdom: 1:22pm On May 15, 2013
I just couldnt read all that..Im sorry sad
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by caesaraba(m): 1:23pm On May 15, 2013
Bollocks! Marry him already. That's if he proposes. There's nothing wrong in marrying someone younger than you. I can totally relate to how your bf is comfortable with your age difference. Trust me when I say there are certain young men who prefer dating slightly older ladies. Be cool.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by lifestyle1(m): 1:29pm On May 15, 2013
undecided
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: yeah,d main reason i askd ha if she knew wat she want..but,av clearly seen it in ha response dat she's desperate..n dats d reason y i wont reply ha tantrums..i gues she nids my prayers

If you like see me as desperate, if you like , see me otherwise with tantrums, oh ohhhh......that's your own cup of tea...I don't care... I know what I want and how well it's working for me... If its paining you, that a younger man can have a conscience? Close your eyes from reading my post.... It's not byforce to read and reply on my post.......I dey paddle my boat, the way I see it...and it's working well for me .... cheesy cheesy grin

And at Olumaxi, who needs your cursed prayers, abeg park well... Go and pray for yourself , not me.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by IbrahimB: 1:33pm On May 15, 2013
@Amelian In your post you didn't mention if you told him YOUR OWN AGE undecided. It's very important you know. wink
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 15, 2013
Just be careful and take your time!
I don't want to see any other tearful thread from you!
undecided
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 15, 2013
Yea, I told him my age when immediately he told me his.. He looked confused and says but I look less than 30, cause of my baby face...that am lieing to scare him away... That was when I shook my head and walked out on him, before he traveled 2 Yobe.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Orikinla(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2013
Okay.
I am not a typical Nigerian.
I am cosmopolitan and I believe in true love and I have been experiencing it too.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by tspun(m): 1:46pm On May 15, 2013
when i talk they will say age is just a number. How on earth will i settle down with a girl that is five years older than me, am i mad, wen they are fresh girls of my age around the city.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 15, 2013
Orikinla: Okay.
I am not a typical Nigerian.
I am cosmopolitan and I believe in true love and I have been experiencing it too.

Same here.....and true words...thanks..

@tspun....O Y O. grin
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by AtheistD(m): 1:58pm On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: yeah,d main reason i askd ha if she knew wat she want..but,av clearly seen it in ha response dat she's desperate..n dats d reason y i wont reply ha tantrums..i gues she nids my prayers

She needs more than prayers. She is heading for some serious heart break.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 15, 2013
I was about to throw bomb @ u now because u let him go @ first.Age is number,beside he just finish School which shows he has something in him.Plz don,t mind any of ur friend cause non will give u husband or marry u instead they will laugh @ u when u lose him. All d best 4 both of u.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by ffo(m): 2:07pm On May 15, 2013
1. What tribe is the guy? (there are some tribes in this country that will find it difficult to marry someone older than them)
2. Are his parents aware of the relationship and the age difference?
3. How are you sure this guy is not grooming a young lady somewhere (probably while he was serving in Yobe)?
4. Its a game of probability and risk, its either is works out (which i pray it will) or it doesnt work out.
5. I once had that issue, was dating someone older than me (just a year), i later came to my senses, realise a lot of things and put my family into consideration and come to conclude that it cant work out and had to let go.
6. You also need to PRAY a lot about it, if it is God's will.
7. I wish you all da best.

Note: 5 years no be beans o
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Joey82(m): 2:08pm On May 15, 2013
@OP

you didnt mention some things i woulda liked to know b4 commenting
does the guy in question know u are older than him and by how many years?
is he thinking of settling down soon as u are thinking?
fact is sometimes when u are madly in love u ignore all the danger signs.
just be careful sha.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Sezua(m): 2:09pm On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: mummy OP.. i gues u know wat u want
wetin u smoke?...igbo or banana leave?
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by AtheistD(m): 2:10pm On May 15, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
I was about to throw bomb @ u now because u let him go @ first.Age is number,beside he just finish School which shows he has something in him.Plz don,t mind any of ur friend cause non will give u husband or marry u instead they will laugh @ u when u lose him. All d best 4 both of u.

How can she be sure that he is still solidly in love with her? She should never have dumped him. Why didnt she see how the relationship was before dumping him. If he was acting mature, caring and understanding couldnt she over look the age aspect?
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Slimzybaby(m): 2:10pm On May 15, 2013
olumaxi: whatelse?..her lov life is upside-down too
shockedshocked
**faints**
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by IbrahimB: 2:10pm On May 15, 2013
@Amelian
Alright then. I would say GO FOR IT! Sometimes we have to take risks in life, but at 29 years of age, he's not a kid. Find out from him what he thinks of the age gap... and how committed he is in the long term. If he has no problem with it, and he's what you want, why not? You won't be the first, and won't be last woman to marry a man younger than herself. Good luck. smiley
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 15, 2013
bennyraz: en en!! Don't allow ur friends be the driver of your life.. Be in control. Attimes, we all know that friends are hypocrites
Gbam,be d Captain of ur Ship and stop listing to ur friends.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by AtheistD(m): 2:17pm On May 15, 2013
dannysteve99@ya:
Gbam,be d Captain of ur Ship and stop listing to ur friends.

So is that a yay or nay? Should she or should she not? grin
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by holyvirgin: 2:19pm On May 15, 2013
If the guy is igbo, forget him. A day will come when suddenly he would realise his mum doesn't like you.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by freecocoa(f): 2:21pm On May 15, 2013
Hmm OP you seem happy and that's the most important thing.

Although in most relationships like yours that I've seen, the woman usually appears like the boss, I hope you respect and still treat him like man regardless of the age difference.

If you are sure he loves you and wants to go all the way with you then no worries, I for one sha don't want a younger man cos I go just kill with hand and I don't want to look like my husband's aunty by the time I'm 40 or something undecided.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 15, 2013
By the time he's done with you, he will surely dump you for a younger girl that can do acrobat on bed. Don't put all of your heart in this relationship. I am a guy and i know what i am talking about. Don't be surprised when that time come.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by troy20(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2013
sweerer mummy ur ed line sef get as e b.all dis love crap u women try to shove down our throat sef.he is handsom,he is chubby, he has a car.....but he is yunga so i dumped him.nw am 34yr so i love him again and age doesnt matter.imagine d relation with ur decietful ed line.Aunty most guys no b mumu.ur ed better b dia even if u hav d greasiest puny.take kia ma
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 15, 2013
Atheist:-D:

So is that a yay or nay? Should she or should she not? grin
Are we doing plus & minus here?She should go ahead i mean.a girl of 3 years are u trying to tell me when she see someone who love her she will nt know? She must hv dated some guys b4,she never come here to say it,but for her say this nw,i feel she loved him.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Slimzybaby(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2013
hahaha...make i hear say i marry old woman because of love,say wetin happen?..Then who go come marry all these young gals nah? smh!

3 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by doubleportion: 2:41pm On May 15, 2013
Vikin:

He was 26, you were 31,

Now he is 29, that makes you 34,

My dear, if you are really happy being with him, just go ahead smiley.
If marriage is in your mind and you don't want the age thing to be a factor, you guys should talk about it now, not after yrs he decides to settle for someone younger, you sart pouring venom and curses on him.

God bless u! you just spoke my mind, Amelian even if u will not listen to anything else i imploreu to listen to the above advice. there is a very thin line btw fantasy and reality!

Know what you want and go get it smiley
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by femmy2010(m): 2:44pm On May 15, 2013
What matters is what you both want.
It would work perfectly well if you both learn not to allow 3rd party view matters.
Best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Met A Lady Three Weeks Ago (please help) / An Independent Female Partner Seriously Needed: Age 29 - 33 / Will You Sign A Prenuptial Aggrement Before Marriage?men See Reasons Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.