Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,440 members, 7,830,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? (9343 Views)

Meditate On This Jim Reeves's Lyric If You Are In Doubt About True Love / 7 Wonders Of A Typical Nigerian Girl / 5 Ways To Catch A Typical Nigerian Chic! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by hombre(m): 9:23pm On May 15, 2013
fiolaP: my advice...be with whoever makes you happy and stay happy...it is quite important...
. Ive come to realise most people that come up with this line ends up disappointed later in the future. Listen and listen good! No man or person born of a woman can make you happy! Its so lame to believe such crap. Your happiness is only a function of you and God.So cut that crap! Stay happy my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by chukkynwob(m): 11:34pm On May 15, 2013
I hate to break it to you... The possibility of a happily-ever after ending is so so so so slim,like needle eye slim. His family will oppose it,his friends will oppose the union if he ever mentions marriage. And after awhile all the negativity will manifest in your relationship,the sand castle disappears.

My advice: Enjoy yourself with your bf while it lasts without expectations,you have a good job and a decent life.

QUE CERA CERA WHATEVER WILL BE WILL BE.

Enjoy ur life YOLO

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 15, 2013
The problem will most likely be his family. A friend of mine was engaged to a guy who was 5yrs younger until his people started complaining that as the 1st born that would mean the wife is the oldest in the family sef (lol). They raised points like how would he feel when his wife was celebrating say her 35th birthday he was just 29 going on 30! Ultimately the young man listened to his people and disappeared o, it was all so embarrassing for my friend who's friend and family kept asking about her wedding. The guy didn't even plan to tell his family initially but things kept coming up like they would meet a family friend and then realize that she was classmates with the older sibling while he was still a kid so of course the family got to know. So before you invest your time ensure that your guy will be able to turn a blind eye especially to his Mum.

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by jasper7(m): 12:56am On May 16, 2013
why cant you guys just be happy for her? she obviously got her mind made up. I just really hope the guy proposes.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by bizmogul(m): 3:15am On May 16, 2013
Amelian: Ok, it goes like this.. Am in my early 30s , good looking, building my career to a nice level, the kind of guys am attracted 2 are cute tall chubby guys.. I don't settle for less undecided... I guess that's y am still single...ok , fast forward.. I was at a BUSSTOP waiting for a bus, when a car slowly drove close to me and this handsome dude, lowered his head in his car to say hi, and if he should give me ride... I looked at him, was skeptical abit, but I noticed his baby face and the way he beckoned on me softly, I sighed and I hopped in.. He introduced himself, but he looks kind of young..especially his face which I secretly liked.

We got talking, he was like he is in town to assist his dad in their family company.. I was like,,oh ok..that's cool. smiley..... We started dating, thenafter few months , he dropped d bombshell that he has a confession to make...And we have to meet, I was like what's wrong.. He says he is actually working for his dad , part time, though but he is in his Finals in the university and he is about to go his NYSC Programme. And he is posted to Yobe state! shocked... I was like wat! Why didnt u tell me , yur a student!.. I felt so bad, that he could conveniently omit that info , of being a student! The question , I was dreading to ask him, now came up... I shook my head and asked how old are you? He looked down and says he is 26 yrs..oh my God! sad... I somehow knew he was younger, but not that young...and at then, I was 31. I felt so bad , I just told him , to go and leave me alone.. I felt so hurt, I felt so alone... Cause av gotten to love him so much... I never imagined, I won't see him for a whole yr! sad

Good thing here is you didn't have to find our yourself, he has a conscience for him to have opened up to you, he could have just played you if he wanted to! Don't listen to friends, the ruin relationship, just follow your mind but keep it open.

He tried calling , texting... I ignored him... I just want to get over everything and move on.....did i eventually move on, yea but i was not satisfied with two other relationships, i had...He eventually travelled to the north..and I moved on... After two failed relationships again with guys my age bracket and older too... I just decided to forget abt guys and focus more in my career .

After a yr, I received a text message from my once Prince Charming, he is back to town, and wants to meet with me...
Then he called my line, I felt so soft listening to his voice... And we agreed to meet... He asked , how far av gone with work... I told him, av just bought a car a month ago smiley.. So we are now car owners,, not only him ... smiley he laughed and said that's cool, what brand ... I told him..

Now , av forgiven him, we started dating again.. But my friends are like he is younger, he's just done from his youth service ..why do I want to be serious with him?. They don't know his prospects and I can't keep on explaining that he has potentials. One of my frnd a guy even said, he hopes, my bf is not back because I have a car! sad sad...
Can u imagine? And that I shud be careful and he is after my money...I was like, listen to yourself, becos am living well, does not mean I shud be wary of guys and see them as opportunists?

I know there r bad guys , also there are bad girls too..But pls don't judge him, he is with me.... Just for me and he has great dreams and strong potentials, which I know deep down , he will succeed....he is branching out from his dad's company, and has great plans he is working on...why shud I allow suspection to creep in? He has never asked me for money, cos he is ok.

Yea , we do av little issues like most couples do.... But we make up quickly and we understand ourselves better ...pple shud stop creating doubts in couples mind...

It's not good, it's not fair.... sad...stop judging the intentions of a seemingly good guy... Or what do u guys think?
Cos, I don't want doubts about him loving me truly to creep in... And he is so handsome : smiley and bubbly with life...
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by bayowhoelse: 8:58am On May 16, 2013
Sometime is good to financially buoyant....quote me wrong,girlz wil run afta u either wayz
BTW.plz do a background checkup of d guy family
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by gabinogem(m): 9:37am On May 16, 2013
All things eventually fall apart... Live 4 d moment.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 9:42am On May 16, 2013
the first day you met him, would have considered talking to him if he didnt have that car?, i thought you said you like tall and chubby guys, now young dude comes in a flashy car and you sharply miss you period while standing on the high way, you suddenly dont [b]car[/b]e about height or chubbiness anymore.
well to more serious stuff, the guy might just resent you for taking him for granted for over a year, what if those other relationships have worked out, you wont be considering him now, and you might also want to rein in on your feelings cos the first few most of being reunited with a long lost crush/bf/lover can give you intense feelings which fade with time. also the guy is young and needs to sow wild oats you come in very handy. on the other hand the guy might really love you, if thats the case dont act like you are older and start tutoring him on stuff, if you feel he does love you, have a date with him and gently drop hints about the future, if he keeps talking about how awfull it is for man city to sack mancini or how great last night was, hit harder, if he declines comment or he begins to hem and haw, then have a nice time with him but dont start shopping for wedding clothes just yet or stop picking calls from that pestering guy cos if you force a younger man to marry you, hes either going to cheat or resent u in future, on the other if you say nothing, you could keep having a nice time till you are 40 and hes 34 then suddenly he will marry your younger sisters friend that you thought was plain looking....just cos hes younger....dont force him but dont waste time, bit of a paradox.....keep your eyes shined, you vag. closed (occasionally to know his reaction, if hes just in for the ride) and your options open

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by gsalvatore: 2:13pm On May 16, 2013
Atheist:-D:
Amelian,

I just dont want to say nasty stuff to you so I will keep it simple...

You met this guy, he seemed really nice, you loved him, he probably loved you too. You found out his age (5 yrs younger). Now age difference can be a problem in a relationship or marriage. It is however not insurmountable. It can be overcome with determination, mutual respect and love. So what did you do when you found out his age... you dumped him. shocked

Now you are older and getting desperate, you have also been handled roughly by your age mates and older fellows (who smell your desperacy) you want to come back to this guy. Hmmm..... undecided

I reckon you shouldnt bother. He wont take it likely that you dumped him because of the age. You probably dont respect him too. You are also desperate, this is not a good state of mind to have when seeking a partner. Relax, take your time and focus on meeting someone you truly care about.
this calling a Spade a Spade. The Op probably doesn't want to accept the truth.

+666likes.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Anthony247: 3:02pm On May 16, 2013
@Op, @34yrs u r datn and claiming to be inlove with a guy 5yrs younger than u. Babe Dats pure desperation! Dont be desperate, God already has plans and purposes for everyone. Marriage is not bf & gf relationship where age might be said to be just a number. In marriage, love isn't just enuf. There is companionship, tolerance, respect, adaptability etc. There's no way that u can be submissive and totally respectful to a Man 5yrs younger than u.Do u think that his Parents will accept U if they know about this age difference? ell NO! Do u think this guy will still love u 10yrs from now when ur supposed Babyface must have shrinked away? He definitely won't. Babe relax, there r many matured men out there lookn out for matured girls to marry. Ur friends r right this time around. Think twice n God Bless.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by flyforall: 6:39pm On May 16, 2013
From what I read the guy loves you and you love him.
Don't let people be the judge of your love life. You wear the shoes and know how it fits and pinches.
Age shouldn't be a barrier if two couples love, respect and support each other besides your friends maybe jealous cos you are finally happy and thinking of settling down.Be the Captain of your life my dear and take the bull by the horns.
I'll leave you with this for now cos NEPA don take lite angry
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by adconline(m): 2:59am On May 18, 2013
rigormortis: the first day you met him, would have considered talking to him if he didnt have that car?, i thought you said you like tall and chubby guys, now young dude comes in a flashy car and you sharply miss you period while standing on the high way, you suddenly dont [b]car[/b]e about height or chubbiness anymore.
well to more serious stuff, the guy might just resent you for taking him for granted for over a year, what if those other relationships have worked out, you wont be considering him now, and you might also want to rein in on your feelings cos the first few most of being reunited with a long lost crush/bf/lover can give you intense feelings which fade with time. also the guy is young and needs to sow wild oats you come in very handy. on the other hand the guy might really love you, if thats the case dont act like you are older and start tutoring him on stuff, if you feel he does love you, have a date with him and gently drop hints about the future, if he keeps talking about how awfull it is for man city to sack mancini or how great last night was, hit harder, if he declines comment or he begins to hem and haw, then have a nice time with him but dont start shopping for wedding clothes just yet or stop picking calls from that pestering guy cos if you force a younger man to marry you, hes either going to cheat or resent u in future, on the other if you say nothing, you could keep having a nice time till you are 40 and hes 34 then suddenly he will marry your younger sisters friend that you thought was plain looking....just cos hes younger....dont force him but dont waste time, bit of a paradox.....keep your eyes shined, you vag. closed (occasionally to know his reaction, if hes just in for the ride) and your options open
A million gbozas!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 18, 2013
He has introduced me to his family, mum, sisters and brothers... smiley...and the mum likes me a lot.... She's like, I look like her son but feminine version.. cheesy.. And strange, she knows my family background, especially my mum's family.. His mum and dad were impressed about my lineage. smiley....and my sweet nature...and also that am not single mum...even his closest sis, is my pal now... D heaven is smiling on us.. smiley...lord is good, all the time...
Haters that can't stand my joy... Should eat their heart out... tongue...grumbling that am desperate from now till tomorrow , will not change nada... And when did I ever say am 34 yrs now...gosh! Human beings! Human beings Ha!..... Well, by God's grace I will clock that 34 and more yrs to come...
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by kmanning: 6:25pm On May 19, 2013
Congrats dear, better days ahead.
Thread Closed (un)officially!
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by babanne(m): 3:30pm On May 22, 2013
@op
I hav 2 questions 4 u:
1.hav u revealed your own age 2 him? u must do so because he has also has s right 2 decide whether to marry older lady.if he finds out later & he doesnt like it,then u are playing wit heartbreak

2.if age is not a barrier to him,do u think u can truly respect a younger man after marriage & poaaibly in the face od changed circumatances(e.g. poor economic conditns)? marriage is not only about love frm a lady but also about deep respect.

** If you can answer yes to both questns then the relatnship shd end up in marriage asap & i say happy married life in advance.

**If you can not answer yes to both questns then the relatnship shd be stopped asap.

#my truthful two coins
#frm a married man
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by 190: 3:46pm On May 22, 2013
Amelian: @ Bennyraz, God bless you jor.... Have henceforth made up mind , not to listen to hypocrites, and bad belle pple... Am happy, my bf is happy... Bad pple can go to blazes for all I care..thanks dear.

who you be wen you think say u get bad belle
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Dangambo: 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
I like people like you sister amc
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Dangambo: 7:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
I like people like you sister amelian
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Networkmaster(m): 10:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
@OP, You r just self opinionated. U dropped a topic and when ppl comment or give der opinion, instead of u to listen and choose the good ones and 4get the bad ones u choose to attack them.

I guess u need no ones opinion, u want everyone to tell u to go ahead with ur boyfrnd.
I am not against ur relationship but if u permit me comment, I would say you should ask him where he thinks your relationship with him is heading, ask him in a matured way. I believe he is matured and won't take ur question as if u are desperate but its always good to knw where a relationship is heading to.

You both are adults and matured enough to take the bold step towards marriage. If he loves u so much let him propose. After-all he is working and independent so are you. I personally would go straight to ask my lady's hand in marriage if i am sure she love me as much as i do or we are compatible just the way u mention about this guy.

I believe in the lawe of reciprocal, if u need love u got to learn to love and hopefully u will get it in return but love could sometimes be a game of risk, u never can tell whn a man is really serious. A man could love u but still have double mind or other options just because he feels something is lacking or missing, I am talking from experience. Love but also keep a space for disappointment until he proves otherwise. I wish you the best and God bless.
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by MrCork: 11:57pm On Jul 01, 2013
...dark skin womens cannot be trussted ..pirriod!! angry
Re: Why Is A Typical Nigerian So Pessimistic About True Love? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 02, 2013
Thanks @ dangambo....av seen the Pms but the messages are blocked. Its better to send a message 2 my yahoo Id .... amelia_lilian

@ network master , no probs... We are still studying each other. It's not like, we are tying the knot, the next day...so no qualms smiley...thanks for the advise and best wishes .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Prostitute Met A Man Whom She Could Not Handle And Ran Away Naked (photos) / First Time Taking Canadian Loud (photos) / I Met A Lady Three Weeks Ago (please help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.