Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,199 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? (27600 Views)

Obvious Similarities Between Manchester United And Barcelona. / Father Of Nigerian And Chelsea Midfielder, John Mikel Obi, Missing! / Arsenal And Chelsea Track £13m Italy Star -riccardo Montolivo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 11:53am On May 21, 2013
chiborado: Some pple are funny. Becos its Chelsea and some1 chose to be subjective.
1. Last season both Manchester teams got knocked out of the UCL like Chelsea this season and @ Europa were furhter taken out by so called less prestigeous teams in Europe. Nobody talked Bullshit.
2.Again in the just concluded season, Basel that chelsea beat mercilessly knocked out highly rated Eng team like Spurs.
3.Of course Europa trophy shud be placed above English trophy becos England is a scion of Europe.just that Man U finished on high and a record of 20 Epl troophies, brand where as history tends to eclipes Chelsea recent success.if Man U had won it last year after missing Epl, won't they sing praises and claim addition of European title.
4.Finally for the records, Chelsea made history as the 4th team in the world to have won all European trophies and the only English team to win Back to Back European titles. As 4 those saying Chelsea contested 4 7 tropihes, is it not only 1 trophy that Man U won this season? Pls learn to be objective in all U do. For Instance,Arsenal plays the best football in Eng, but have not won any trophy 4 morethan 7 yrs in a row. Their Fans claim club profit and history as consolation. They forgot that as a fan, ur fun, joy and happiness is continueous tropies, fans have no share in club's profit. Also history can be overtaken by some1 who have hitherto been winning trophies from past 7 yrs and will continue to win atleast 1 trophy every 2yrs.

pathetic
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:55am On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva: Why do we just like arguing over nothing. No local even is more important or prestigious than an international event. The premiership is a competition for clubs in England while Europa is for clubs in Europe, so common sense should suggest that the one that involves European clubs is more important. Even if there's a third-tier European competition it would still be more important than the premiership. A vice president is more important than a governor. A deputy governor is more important than a local government chairman etc etc.
The similitude is like a student that was in medicine but because he could not cope with the rigours of medicine, he crossed to a Sociology and he came top of the class. Because he came top, he now believes he's more successful than a student who intended and studied Law and came top of his law class. Tell me who's more successful between the two.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 11:55am On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

In all his years as Man U coach,how many championsleague trophies did fergie win ? Chelsea win reign continentally this year while Man u will reign at home,so who is more recongized outside England ?
lmao! U say cheLsea is more recognised outside engLand? Hau many CL titLe have u guys won? Just 1, we've won two, we've reached d cL finaLs 5times(semis and finaLs) in 7years, we've won d europa League u r bragging abt, we've won d cLub worLd cup dat u guys faiLed 2 win, so wah u arguing abt?
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Afam4eva(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2013
rashmanovic:

i think people like you needs advice from your 8 year old brother before typing here!!! Europa Cup is more of like little teams who couldnt compete with the best!!! is that your class now? CHelsHit
What can be more little than competing with the likes of Wigan, southampton and stoke city?

3 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by olumaxi(m): 11:56am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: we weren't interested, I was ashamed seeing my team pLay on thursdays and fridays, I was happy we got eLiminated, it was better dan watching dem pLay every thursday
am sure u dont even know what u r typin again..pls,b4 i go,kindly remind me of wat u won last season to console u of ur elimination 4rm d UCL
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Afam4eva(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2013
misterh: The similitude is like a student that was in medicine but because he could not cope with the rigours of medicine, he crossed to a Sociology and he came top of the class. Because he came top, he now believes he's more successful than a student who intended and studied Law and came top of his law class. Tell me who's more successful between the two.
So, are you saying medicine is more important or prestigious than Law? Your analogy can best be described as daft.

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by johnstar(m): 11:57am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: United of course.. Ask benitez or abramovic, a top team like cheLsea shudnt be in d europa League in first pLace, u guys were ashamed 2 be in it at first, imagine barca or madrid pLaying in d europa League, if u think d europa League cup is more prestigious dan the premier League Trophy, why don't u guys let arsenal and tottenham quaLify 4 d Champions League and u guys shud keep on pLaying in d europa League, I mean, who watches soccer on thursdays and fridays grin. D cheLsea pLayers wud av Loved 2 win d premier League trophy rather dan d europa League cup, trust Me wink
oga u be real punkk, ok, I agree wit u say europa na small cup, but its better 2 win a europe cup dan be trophiless like madrid, man shitty and d rest of dm, mind you, europa is more popular dan domestic league, cus its all d european league dat participate
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Suljosh: 11:58am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: yes! Lemme ask u my own question, if we had won d europa League titLe and u guys won d EPL titLe, wud u say d europa League is bigger dan d epL? And D joy u had wen u guys won d cup yesterday and d joy u wilL av if u guys win d EPL, which wilL be more and why?, Be sincere
you're such a dumdi tsk tsk tsk
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2013
rashmanovic:

i think people like you needs advice from your 8 year old brother before typing here!!! Europa Cup is more of like little teams who couldnt compete with the best!!! is that your class now? CHelsHit

Does this mean you 8yrs old? angry
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 11:59am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: lmao! U say cheLsea is more recognised outside engLand? Hau many CL titLe have u guys won? Just 1, we've won two, we've reached d cL finaLs 5times(semis and finaLs) in 7years, we've won d europa League u r bragging abt, we've won d cLub worLd cup dat u guys faiLed 2 win, so wah u arguing abt?
Correction- Fergie has won two while Man Utd has won three UEFA Champions League trophy.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by FlyboyZee: 11:59am On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: United of course.. Ask benitez or abramovic, a top team like cheLsea shudnt be in d europa League in first pLace, u guys were ashamed 2 be in it at first, imagine barca or madrid pLaying in d europa League, if u think d europa League cup is more prestigious dan the premier League Trophy, why don't u guys let arsenal and tottenham quaLify 4 d Champions League and u guys shud keep on pLaying in d europa League, I mean, who watches soccer on thursdays and fridays grin. D cheLsea pLayers wud av Loved 2 win d premier League trophy rather dan d europa League cup, trust Me wink

dopeJemi: lmao! U say cheLsea is more recognised outside engLand? Hau many CL titLe have u guys won? Just 1, we've won two, we've reached d cL finaLs 5times(semis and finaLs) in 7years, we've won d europa League u r bragging abt, we've won d cLub worLd cup dat u guys faiLed 2 win, so wah u arguing abt?

Your analyses are so annoying. Just answer his questions. We all know you are a die-hard United fan, but that should not stop you from being logical, clinical and sensible. Do not colour reasoning and sense with emotions, it makes you very myopic and colour blind.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sheymoni(m): 12:01pm On May 21, 2013
Any trophy that one does not pray to defend is very small for a big team in my opinion.
A toddler can compare than some chelsea fan here
Epl 38 matches vs 9 Europa league matches starting frm group of 32

2 Likes

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by snicksz(m): 12:02pm On May 21, 2013
@afam4ever, the price money has everything to do wit it, the winners of EPL gets a net worth of £40m, winners of champions league gets about £56m and winners of europa gets a mere €9m...ManU had a better season than chelsea.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Haslad(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2013
BLUES, ALWAYS WINNER AND WATCH OUT FOR THE NEXT SEASON.....LOVE CHELSEA DIE
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 12:03pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, are you saying medicine is more important or prestigious than Law? Your analogy can best be described as daft.
My emphasis is not on the course of study but on the behaviour and mindset of the student.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by jude33084(m): 12:04pm On May 21, 2013
rashmanovic:

pathetic

You have said nothing bro wink
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 12:05pm On May 21, 2013
jude33084:

keep deceiving yourself cheesy
lol! Na u dey deceive urseLf, Like some1 said ' d europa League is 4 cLubs who can't compete with d best, r u proud 2 say ur club is d defending champion of d EL cup and wilL u guys be gLad 2 defend it next Year? .. D europa League na d CL junior brother cheesy
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by AkpuNku2: 12:06pm On May 21, 2013
@op, answer this question,again, why chelsea did not do open bus parade with the trophy ?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Afam4eva(m): 12:07pm On May 21, 2013
misterh: My emphasis is not on the course of study but on the behaviour and mindset of the student.
Your analogy is mischievous. Using medicine and law implies that the champions league and the premiership are mates. That analogy should only be used for leagues from different countries and not a league that's higher in the scale.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 12:09pm On May 21, 2013
misterh: Correction- Fergie has won two while Man Utd has won three UEFA Champions League trophy.
oh! Thanks 4 d correction my broda
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 21, 2013
@Anti-chelsea...Ask Nani, he will personally tell u how d red card against Real madrid during d champions league game damaged his career...

Man U- Local Champion
Chelsea-Double European Champions

Blue all the way.

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by sojiboy(m): 12:12pm On May 21, 2013
Chelsea had a better season,played in all competition with same numbers of player man-U played,ao do want d best out of players when they play matches in 2days intervals,from Fa,to champion league to europa to weekly premier leagu to all d rest and we cam out triumphantly with a prestigous European glory...
Man-u only played ucl and premiership so dey ve more players to concentrate on a weekly performances...chelsea all the way
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 12:13pm On May 21, 2013
johnstar: oga u be real punkk, ok, I agree wit u say europa na small cup, but its better 2 win a europe cup dan be trophiless like madrid, man shitty and d rest of dm, mind you, europa is more popular dan domestic league, cus its all d european league dat participate
okay! Have u ansad d op's question with wat u've just typed nau? No! D boLded part shows dat u know d EL cup is just a consoLation, nau move aside wink
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 12:13pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
Your analogy is mischievous. Using medicine and law implies that the champions league and the premiership are mates. That analogy should only be used for leagues from different countries and not a league that's higher in the scale.
Didn't you read what you quoted? I said i laid the emphasis on the student. If you still don't agree, substitute the Law with Economics.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 12:14pm On May 21, 2013
johnstar: oga u be real punkk, ok, I agree wit u say europa na small cup, but its better 2 win a europe cup dan be trophiless like madrid, man shitty and d rest of dm, mind you, europa is more popular dan domestic league, cus its all d european league dat participate

EUROPA IS MORE POPULAR DAN DOMESTIC LEAGUE? WE GO NEED SCREENING B4 SOME PEOPLE GO COM KILL PERSON FOR HERE

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 12:17pm On May 21, 2013
olumaxi: am sure u dont even know what u r typin again..pls,b4 i go,kindly remind me of wat u won last season to console u of ur elimination 4rm d UCL
NOTHING, and I'lL say it again if u ask Me, does dat mean dat cheLsea is more successfuL dan United overalL? See, Giggs is more successfuL dan cheLsea as a whoLe, if u wanna taLk abt cups and medaLs
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 12:17pm On May 21, 2013
sojiboy: Chelsea had a better season,played in all competition with same numbers of player man-U played,ao do want d best out of players when they play matches in 2days intervals,from Fa,to champion league to europa to weekly premier leagu to all d rest and we cam out triumphantly with a prestigous European glory...
Man-u only played ucl and premiership so dey ve more players to concentrate on a weekly performances...chelsea all the way
Man Utd only played in the EPL and UCL So we didn't compete in the FA cup and Carling Cup? You also said from UCL to Europa League, but u forgot that EL comes afte EPL.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by misterh(m): 12:20pm On May 21, 2013
dopeJemi: NOTHING, and I'lL say it again if u ask Me, does dat mean dat cheLsea is more successfuL dan United overalL? See, Giggs is more successfuL dan cheLsea as a whoLe, if u wanna taLk abt cups and medaLs
Don't even let us go there. We'll beat them hands down.
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by rashmanovic: 12:20pm On May 21, 2013
spiritfada: @Anti-chelsea...Ask Nani, he will personally tell u how d red card against Real madrid during d champions league game damaged his career...

Man U- Local Champion
Chelsea-Double European Champions

Blue all the way.

TORESS: 131 APP 35 GOALS
CHICHARITO: 117 APP 50 GOALS

LOL

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 12:21pm On May 21, 2013
Flyboy Zee:

Your analyses are so annoying. Just answer his questions. We all know you are a die-hard United fan, but that should not stop you from being logical, clinical and sensible. Do not colour reasoning and sense with emotions, it makes you very myopic and colour blind.
sorry u cudnt comprehend, my stats ansad his dumb and sarcastic question
Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by holuphisayor(m): 12:22pm On May 21, 2013
Afam4eva:
A Nigerian senator earns more than Barack Obama. Are they more than the American president? Put your thinking cap on. The prize money has nothing to do with it.
You think like a day old chick,how many world stars would prefer to transfer to club participating in europa league to a team playing in the champions league?

1 Like

Re: Between Manchester United And Chelsea, Who Had A Better Season? by dopeJemi: 12:23pm On May 21, 2013
misterh: Don't even let us go there. We'll beat them hands down.
no mind dem, dey think we r ArsenaL or man city

#no offense 2 d arsenaL fans grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Manchester United Trashed And Humiliated At Home To Liverpool / Juve Bought Me To Win Champions League, Says Ronaldo / Real Madrid vs Liverpool UCL (1 - 0) On 15th March 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.