Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,719 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People (35636 Views)

"Lightskin" Guys Who Try To Hard To Exude "Blackness" & Dark Skin Uncle Toms / Do You Seriously Think Black People Are Equal To White People In Intelligence? / Lightskin Igbos Aren't A New Concept For Igbo People (our Ancestors Had Them) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 18, 2013
http://racerelations.about.com/od/understandingrac1/g/definitionofcolorism.htm

When you are done you go back to the street where you rightly belong
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 8:32pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
If there is no colorism in Africa......

Then why is/were the ethiopian government slaughtering the Anuak

& using code words like..."they are too primitive"...."they won't progress"......

Do I need to post the videos of the little Anuak princess who wrote letters to the new world leaders and others begging for support and help?.

There is colorism in Africa.

9 times out of 10 it is just usurped by other more important aspects of variables within Tribalism.

They are all Ethiopians..Same nationality.

If you want "inter tribal" colorism......look no further than Nairaland

Hmmm.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 18, 2013
Somali post people who sometime are darker than the average West Af how is this colorism, when the dude is obsessed wit hair texture , nose, mouth, language etc? Again there is no colorism in Africa
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 8:33pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
When this deranged somali kid..posts images of native somalis and somalians of "bantu admixture"....

And says "my people are prettier then them"......

Are those not colorism undertones?.......

These images of somalis all across the culture section.......comparing the subtleties of people within the same nation....calling certain clans "better"....than others....

Is that not colorism rooted?.....

When he compares in his words..."ugly nigerians" to "beautiful somali"...is he not using colorism undertones?.......

Hmm.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 8:35pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hLr0iM_jOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Now let's get back to this colorism here......

I am still waiting on someone to find me a video of the exact same situation flipped..

A lightskin co host..speaking negative about a darkskin guest celebrity.... constantly and no media coverage or stir was caused in outrage for the victim

You will not one..none of you will....

Because if a lightskin black person acted this ignorant to a darkskin person..they would be fired on the spot
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 8:38pm On May 18, 2013
Lmfao@ subomi liking chimas comment and trying to leave the thread and frame me....

Mwuahhahahahah she think she slick....~~~ grin
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 8:43pm On May 18, 2013
Nairaland is fuqqing hilarious...lmfao

Ayo..but there is colorism everywhere.....

RT..

That somali kid differentiates between unmixed somalis {subliminal joke of satire for anyone intelligent enough to grasp it} and somalis "mixed" with bantu....... (...lol)

And he actually calls the "non mixed" somali....better because they are lighter and possess less negroid features

True Story

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Lmfao@ subomi liking chimas comment and trying to leave the thread and frame me....

Mwuahhahahahah she think she slick....~~~ grin
Rotflmao you have such a crazy imagination grin grin grin framing you? I am checking out other threads, your thread is not the only thread here you know. Think you have been popping too much pills
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 8:45pm On May 18, 2013
I cant even understand Mrs. Chima's writing... its like: " Ash dumb, boo, bubbles, bleep, bumb fake ash ash ash ash"

can someone give this hoe a loli-pop, so she can shut up

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 8:45pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Rotflmao you have such a crazy imagination grin grin grin framing you? I am checking out other threads, your thread is not the only thread here you know. Think you have been popping too much pills

LmL^
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 18, 2013
^^^^^ There is nothing difficult to understand in her posts, trying reading more books mate lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 8:48pm On May 18, 2013
^ Sorry i dont speak re.tard....but im glad you decided to jump in ma'am, i was getting bored.

Hows your white man by the way... did you ever find one? grin
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by coogar: 8:48pm On May 18, 2013
i don't get this thread - prejudice against lightskinned people by who?

3 Likes

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 8:50pm On May 18, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Nigerians...I bleepin know you guys don't booing want a bad ash, ash, ash, image but stop letting bump Africans like Bubbles to Bleep up your hard ash, ash, ash work!!

It's bump okay to say beleeping no to boo, boo, boo dumb ash Africans that want to bubbles be Nigerian bleep!!

i cant understand this shyte grin
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 18, 2013
pleep: ^ Sorry i dont speak ebonics..but im glad you decided to jump in ma'am, i was getting bored.

Hows your white man by the way... did you ever find one? grin

Lwkmd, my man is good though(Angolan, he is not white), but i have dated a white guy before so its not like they are hard to find. But rest assured you will be the first to know once i start cheesy. How is your lady btw?
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 8:55pm On May 18, 2013
pleep:

i cant understand this shyte grin
If you were following her thread Bubbles is Cameroonpride and the ash, ash etc stuff i take it as for eg blah blah blah or i may be mistaken. Chima help this dude out
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 8:56pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Lwkmd, my man is good though(Angolan, he is not white), but i have dated a white guy before so its not like they are hard to find. But rest assured you will be the first to know once i start cheesy. How is your lady btw?
light-skinned and attractive (mixed)

Btw, does your man know you are lusting and feening after white guys online...thats kinda a bad look no? grin
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 8:57pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
If you were following her thread Bubbles is Cameroonpride and the ash, ash etc stuff i take it as for eg blah blah blah or i may be mistaken. Chima help this dude out
You are mistaken.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 9:00pm On May 18, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:

Now let's get back to this colorism here......

I am still waiting on someone to find me a video of the exact same situation flipped..

A lightskin co host..speaking negative about a darkskin guest celebrity.... constantly and no media coverage or stir was caused in outrage for the victim

You will not one..none of you will....

Because if a lightskin black person acted this ignorant to a darkskin person..they would be fired on the spot

Hmm.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 9:01pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:

You are right suga....dummy can't take the heat but have no problem dishing it.

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 9:02pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:

Awww. Bet the white man was lovely. Spanish guys are caliente!

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 18, 2013
pleep: light-skinned and attractive (mixed)

Btw, does your man know you are lusting and feening after white guys online...thats kinda a bad look no? r u unsatisfied? grin

Lol come on now. My man and i have not been dating for long and he will be leaving back to Angola in November so a break up is inevitable. Its not like i sit and lust after white men all day, he is an attractive guy and he has the characteristics that i like but i dnt see marriage in our cards esp not with the hol long distance thing. If i am in a relationship with a good guy who am compatible with then i'll marry the guy. Its not like am going for a white guy just because of his complexion because that is not the case and you can refer back to my thread as to why. Anyways lets not derail this thread further
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

You are right suga....dummy can't take the heat but have no problem dishing it.
i love to see two broken down darkskinned girls leaning on each-other for support

awwwwwwwwwwww...

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 18, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

Awww. Bet the white man was lovely. Spanish guys are caliente!
He was absolutely gorgeous(Greek/Portuguese), but what made it better was the fact that he was such a good guy, romantic just like we were a team. But my currently guy is kewl too smiley
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 18, 2013
pleep: i love to see two broken down darkskinned girls leaning on each-other for support

awwwwwwwwwwww...
Lmfao, whatever makes you sleep at night wink
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 9:07pm On May 18, 2013
^ why did your gorgeous greek adonis break up with you?

Did the coochie stank? grin

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 18, 2013
pleep: ^ why did your gorgeous greek adonis break up with you?

Did the coochie stank? grin
I knew it was coming to this smiley. But Fyi it was a mutual agreement, we started dating when we were young and we were going in different directions, wanted different things. I did not want to get married right away, wanted to focus and establish career first etc but we are still friends. He got married last year. Anymore questions? And why must it always be did the coochie stank? Stop dating ghetto girls ok undecided
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by pleep(m): 9:21pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
I knew it was coming to this smiley. But Fyi it was a mutual agreement, we started dating when we were young and we were going in different directions, wanted different things. I did not want to get married right away, wanted to focus and establish career first etc but we are still friends. He got married last year. Anymore questions? And why must it always be did the coochie stank? Stop dating ghetto girls ok undecided

Basically you met him at a club... he took you home and bleeped your brains out, it was the best 2.5 minutes of your life. Then he went back to his white wife and kids...

...You call it a relationship, he calls it a one night stand with an ugly black hoe grin

Now don't step to me if you don't want to "go there"

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 9:24pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
Lmfao, whatever makes you sleep at night wink

Exactly. Pleep is funny.

Come here pleep..muuuah!

1 Like

Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 9:25pm On May 18, 2013
Subomi-luv:
He was absolutely gorgeous(Greek/Portuguese), but what made it better was the fact that he was such a good guy, romantic just like we were a team. But my currently guy is kewl too smiley

Awwww. Did he look better than pleep?
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by AlyricistLaura: 9:25pm On May 18, 2013
You really had a white guy?.....

I thought you were just joking.

So are you a chocolate chick?.
Re: Racism/Colorism Prejudice Against Lightskin & Mixed "Black" People by MrsChima1(f): 9:26pm On May 18, 2013
pleep: i love to see two broken down darkskinned girls leaning on each-other for support

awwwwwwwwwwww...

Lol at who liked this. Buhahhhahhahaha.

Lol at the Notorious Chima leaning on anybody for suppprt!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi’s Pre-Coronation Photoshoot / Fulani Siddika Sanusi Rides On Horse To Her Husband's House In Style / Do Edo (Bini) People See Themselves As Yorubas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.