Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,886 members, 7,814,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State (21373 Views)

Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos) / Nigerians On Twitter Angrily React To Buhari Building A Helipad In Daura / Caption This Photo Of Muhammadu Buhari Getting Set To Inspect His Farm In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Ogbonaikenna(m): 6:00am On May 17, 2013
integrobreed: God pliz save us. carin nigerians pliz pray 4 us. gunshots! explosns, bullets ar flyin in d air. we ar nt sure wat is hapnin bt we ar suspectin its boko haram. one of my studnts came n told me d police statn is on fire. its nt safe 4 me 2 run so i'm hiding smwhre in d sch i'm teachin here in daura.
i've advised you guys to move down to the south. If you are batch B, stay in the south till a day to POP and go back ONLY IF its safe to do so. A batch B friend of mine left Zamfara 2 days ago as a precautionary measure. Good luck to you and your colleagues.

1 Like

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Yazmin: 6:06am On May 17, 2013
lacasa: And some idiat will tell me this is not an anti-north crusade being played out angry

Yar'adua cleared n caught the REAL bokoHaram in 2009 where the leader was unceremoniously killed sef.

But under Badluck Jonathan, militants r given billion naira govt contracts, and the north is being targeted for destruction under the pretext of "BokoHaram" angry

#... My ddear North, God Will surely carve a way out for the righteous

(Nemesis will catch up to them)

Lacasera, if your fantasy thoughts of GEJ destroying the north persists in your brain, either go embrace anewly commissioned transformer or get to weed out the your bloody hypo aboki brothers who are of northern origin and are willfully aiding $ abetting 'retarden's' destruction policy.
The problem's right infront of our doors on the sands of our sahel and savanna ,caused by us, but we prefer to go down the creeks in bayelsa to put the blame on a fisherman's net.
God save naija....I hate that 'northerner' $ 'southerner' bullshit.

3 Likes

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by NeoXVI: 6:18am On May 17, 2013
jamace: ] Stop saying that. Suggest your NEW IDEAS. You think leadership na classroom work?

Na, no be classroom work, na rocket science. Olodo. No wonder no country has ever gotten leadership right, so we shouldn't blame poor Jonathan with a PhD. I wonder what research that guy did, if he actually did any, and what happened to what he learnt about approaches for solving problems.

Homework for you, dumbito, go through my posts, you'll surely find suggested ideas from a layman like me.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 6:23am On May 17, 2013
I know some ACN fanatics will start foaming at the mouth over this incident. No one is under any illusion that a SOE will automatically and immediately stop Boko haram. But in a situation where Boko haram is sacking or attempting to sack local govt areas, police stations, military barracks, prisons,etc it was only sensible to take extra-ordinary measures like SOE to CONTROL the situation in certain states. The SOE will show the terrorists that the Nigerian govt can also step up and march them force for force and crush them as the need arises. It will also show the terrorists that govt restraints in the past was not an act of cowardice. We can only start analysing the benefit or otherwise of SOE from 3months to 6months time. Also the govt can always make some adjustments or deploy more troops as the need arises.

The only language Boko haram understands for now is fire for fire, death and blood. That is what the govt is currently giving them in good doses.

By the way, the ACN suggested "minimal force" and "dialogue" as alternative to SOE. How is that different from what the govt has been doing in the last two years? Why would any sane govt continue with "minimal force" and "dialogue" when Boko haram has not only rejected dialogue but is sacking communities, local govt areas, prisons, police stations,etc at will?

3 Likes

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by okerelawrence(m): 6:25am On May 17, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]First tym of hearin d sound of bomb and sparodic shootin lastin more dan 5hrs. :DFirst tym of hearin d sound of bomb and sparodic shootin lastin more dan 5hrs.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by guonno: 6:39am On May 17, 2013
You are as confused as MOHAMMAD.

Ganys: PDP/JANAN TAN are just looking for ways to rope & stain this man, But God pass you.
To Buhari & his Supporters>>>>
Wa Lahu Yahsi Muka Minna Nas!
Amin
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nogodre: 6:43am On May 17, 2013
googlepikin: how i wish our journalist can be like oyinbo and take risk dey keep us posted with the live shooting.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Justiyke4u: 6:45am On May 17, 2013
I wonder wen all these will end
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by adexway(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2013
Things fall apart; this centre (NIGERIA) can not/may not hold. To your tent o Israel
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 6:57am On May 17, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Bros check my previous posts. I never supported the SOE thing. It didn't work before so there's no guarantee it will work now. They say it's madness to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. The situation calls for new ideas but our govt is too lazy to think.

And I keep asking, what is the idea that your fast brain is giving to you, tell us the ideas here and we will make sure it gets to the top if it is really an option.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by passion007: 6:58am On May 17, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Bros check my previous posts. I never supported the SOE thing. It didn't work before so there's no guarantee it will work now. They say it's madness to keep doing the same thing and expect a different result. The situation calls for new ideas but our govt is too lazy to think.
There are those who oppose government policies in the hope government will fail and they will get a chance to say "I told you so"... although they lack any original thinking of their own. These people are quick to call government unreasonable or "too lazy to think". However a wise man once said "The reasonable man adapts himself to the world while the unreasonable man persists in trying to adapt the world to himself, therefore all progress must depend on the unreasonable man". Enough said.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 6:59am On May 17, 2013
Katsina, regarded as the most peaceful state in the north, have just recorded his first case of bombing, this is so sad, I remembered the discussion I was having some peeps last week, they labeled Buhari a BH sponsor cos a candle has never been lit on the street of katsina talkless of a bomb exploding, Buhari can never stoop so low to that extent, Daura, the hometown of the General has now enter history books. So sad a news
May the God lord keep our corpers serving in far away katsina,stay safe
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 7:00am On May 17, 2013
integrobreed: God pliz save us. carin nigerians pliz pray 4 us. gunshots! explosns, bullets ar flyin in d air. we ar nt sure wat is hapnin bt we ar suspectin its boko haram. one of my studnts came n told me d police statn is on fire. its nt safe 4 me 2 run so i'm hiding smwhre in d sch i'm teachin here in daura.

God will keep you safe bro. You were not there on your own making.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by mike404(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2013
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Alexebo1(m): 7:05am On May 17, 2013
M
Yomii: grin
na bullet dem go use dsorganiz dt ur teeth
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 7:05am On May 17, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I know some ACN fanatics will start foaming at the mouth over this incident. No one is under any illusion that a SOE will automatically and immediately stop Boko haram. But in a situation where Boko haram is sacking or attempting to sack local govt areas, police stations, military barracks, prisons,etc it was only sensible to take extra-ordinary measures like SOE to CONTROL the situation in certain states. The SOE will show the terrorists that the Nigerian govt can also step up and march them force for force and crush them as the need arises. It will also show the terrorists that govt restraints in the past was not an act of cowardice. We can only start analysing the benefit or otherwise of SOE from 3months to 6months time. Also the govt can always make some adjustments or deploy more troops as the need arises.

The only language Boko haram understands for now is fire for fire, death and blood. That is what the govt is currently giving them in good doses.

By the way, the ACN suggested "minimal force" and "dialogue" as alternative to SOE. How is that different from what the govt has been doing in the last two years? Why would any sane govt continue with "minimal force" and "dialogue" when Boko haram has not only rejected dialogue but is sacking communities, local govt areas, prisons, police stations,etc at will?

That is to show everyone that ACN doesn't have any solution to boko haram menance, they are just talking and talking without any meaninful contribution to stop boko haram. They are in leaque with the northern looking for cheap money to come from the amnesty so that they will use it to fund their 2015 campaign. Am begining to suspect that they even have ties with boko haram which made them start shivering at the sight of the state of emergency.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by gameboy727(m): 7:08am On May 17, 2013
Boko don change base go katsina be that
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by ZN2: 7:08am On May 17, 2013
icebeatz: HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE..................... 5 years ago, news like this would be unbelievable but nowadays, its just funny

Funny or "Not Surprising" undecided
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Sheenor: 7:11am On May 17, 2013
Yomii: grin
why yuh open teeth lyk dat naaah
Ogbeche77: Katsina, regarded as the most peaceful state in the north, have just recorded his first case of bombing, this is so sad, I remembered the discussion I was having some peeps last week, they labeled Buhari a BH sponsor cos a candle has never been lit on the street of katsina talkless of a bomb exploding, Buhari can never stoop so low to that extent, Daura, the hometown of the General has now enter history books. So sad a news
May the God lord keep our corpers serving in far away katsina,stay safe
i dey tell yuh...
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by deor03(m): 7:17am On May 17, 2013
integrobreed: pliz u ppl shud pray 4 me. am a corp member servin here in daura. d heat is on. so much shootings..

Pls as soon as things calm down, leave the north.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Erotex(m): 7:22am On May 17, 2013
The worst place to live in Nigeria is North!!
My fellows christian brothers and sisters be watchful cuz allowing them to kill u or bomb u is suicide.
Be alert!!!
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nogen: 7:30am On May 17, 2013
integrobreed: pliz u ppl shud pray 4 me. am a corp member servin here in daura. d heat is on. so much shootings..

Leave that evil north, to serve Nigeria is NOT BY FORCE. Why did you even agree to go there in the first place?
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 7:30am On May 17, 2013
OK. Curfew was declared in the NE. Now the boko haramites have relocated to the NW leaving the JTF with harmless civilians.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Godmann(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2013
Who is Boko Haram? We have not been able to answer this question. But we can at least begin to see who are behind Boko Haram.

1: Asari Dokubo admitted to have been trained with some of the Boko Haram guys. is it not proper we acertain who sent/linked up Dokubo for the training. Is it not proper that Dokubo be summoned by the SSS/Police to get every facts that will help to understand who is Behind Boko Haram? Why has this not been done?

2. Where was the first bomb blast in Nigerian and for what aim was it deployed for? The answer is along Delta/Bayelsa axis. The blast have much to do with the Militants of the Nigeria Delta. It was even deployed to the local politics of Bayelsa/Delta states. Alams and Ibori is in the know of the forces behind those Bomb blasts.

3. Who moved maasive Guns from Nigeria Amoury in Kaduna? This is no other person than late Ptrick Azazi who was later appointed National Security Adviser. This man was able to penetrate Nigerian Army and had his ways. A lot of high profile guys in the military must have been compromised. The guns he bought was used for the militants of the Niger delta. He worked closely with Alams and Ibori. GEJ cannot be unaware of this.

4. The President was caught up in double speak after the first Bomb blast in the North (Abuja to be specific). It was later revealed that some people in SSS was trying to set up IBB and Dokpesi with that same Bomb blast. Is it possible the President knows more than we do about the goals of Boko Haram?

5. What about the 2010 Christmas day Bomb Blast. Who was likely responsible. Before then it has become clear to me that GEJ was playing Religious Politics to secure the votes of Northern Christians. So naturally when that Bomb was thrown on a Christmas day in a Church, I told my friend that I suspect GEJ/Nigerian Security forces/GEJ campaign team. It would be a good way of creating big gulf between the two religious group and then secure the votes of the Christians. So I keep believeing GEJ may be behind it.

6. Now we have SOE in far North East and Boko Haram have targeted Daura. Daura of all places. It means Buhari (the greatest fear of GEJ and PDP) is no more safe. It means Buhari will be more interested in his personal security than organising to win votes come 2015. Remember Adamawa SOE will nuetralise Atiku and his axis. With Kaura now, Buhari will be nuetralised and GEJ will have an easy ride.

I want somebody to tell me that all these are not true.

It is unfortunate the Igbos lead the fight to secure more money for the oil producing states via Deriviation. But the massive money secured by Deriviation has been utilised to intimidate the Nigerian state through state sponsored Terrorism and not to develop Niger delta. There wouldn't have been Militants without Deriviation. The Deriviation money was diverted to fun the militants of Niger Delta by Odili, Ibori and Alams. The Deriation money and (today) the Nigerian state resources is being deployed to destroy the North for the sole aim of keeping the President with GEJ. If GEJ has not been clueless, I wouldn't care much. But GEJ is clueless. He has handed over power to cabals who are bent in destroying Nigeria for their private burses.

Nigerian beware. For the measntime, I advise Buhari to relocate to Abuja because, very soon there will be a stray bullet that will take his life. The Nigerian state with its criminal rulership is afraid of what Buhari can do with the masses. They know it and can feel it.

Buhari, Please relocate to Abuja for the time being, if you have survived the shooting last night.

3 Likes

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by tomber(m): 7:35am On May 17, 2013
Neo-XVI:

Na, no be classroom work, na rocket science. Olodo. No wonder no country has ever gotten leadership right, so we shouldn't blame poor Jonathan with a PhD. I wonder what research that guy did, if he actually did any, and what happened to what he learnt about approaches for solving problems.

Homework for you, dumbito, go through my posts, you'll surely find suggested ideas from a layman like me.
football fans always have better ideas than the coaches n footballers
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Nobody: 7:37am On May 17, 2013
I wonder what has gone into some ppls head. You talk of war as if its just the way u see it in movies.

And to those who use their mouth to promote religious disputes should not forget that the act of terrorism isn't just about throwing bombs and killing ppl. Your words can be full of terror too.

Nigerians should be prayerful and stay together to fight the claimed to be "islamic sect" Boko Haram.

Everything about boko haram is un-islamic.

Let's say NO to terrorism
Let's say NO to religious extremism

I do not support amnesty to terrorists.

We don't really want to know what WAR is all about.

GOD help Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Omoaiye(m): 7:41am On May 17, 2013
Good for Buhari,maybe he will beging to condemn Boko haram now
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by ceaz4r(m): 7:44am On May 17, 2013

My dear, you and your peers should find your way while you can ooo.
Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by dgb4(m): 7:47am On May 17, 2013
This is just de beginning.
See my position below.

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by tomber(m): 7:49am On May 17, 2013
Godman_n: Who is Boko Haram? We have not been able to answer this question. But we can at least begin to see who are behind Boko Haram.

1: Asari Dokubo admitted to have been trained with some of the Boko Haram guys. is it not proper we acertain who sent/linked up Dokubo for the training. Is it not proper that Dokubo be summoned by the SSS/Police to get every facts that will help to understand who is Behind Boko Haram? Why has this not been done?

2. Where was the first bomb blast in Nigerian and for what aim was it deployed for? The answer is along Delta/Bayelsa axis. The blast have much to do with the Militants of the Nigeria Delta. It was even deployed to the local politics of Bayelsa/Delta states. Alams and Ibori is in the know of the forces behind those Bomb blasts.

3. Who moved maasive Guns from Nigeria Amoury in Kaduna? This is no other person than late Ptrick Azazi who was later appointed National Security Adviser. This man was able to penetrate Nigerian Army and had his ways. A lot of high profile guys in the military must have been compromised. The guns he bought was used for the militants of the Niger delta. He worked closely with Alams and Ibori. GEJ cannot be unaware of this.

4. The President was caught up in double speak after the first Bomb blast in the North (Abuja to be specific). It was later revealed that some people in SSS was trying to set up IBB and Dokpesi with that same Bomb blast. Is it possible the President knows more than we do about the goals of Boko Haram?

5. What about the 2010 Christmas day Bomb Blast. Who was likely responsible. Before then it has become clear to me that GEJ was playing Religious Politics to secure the votes of Northern Christians. So naturally when that Bomb was thrown on a Christmas day in a Church, I told my friend that I suspect GEJ/Nigerian Security forces/GEJ campaign team. It would be a good way of creating big gulf between the two religious group and then secure the votes of the Christians. So I keep believeing GEJ may be behind it.

6. Now we have SOE in far North East and Boko Haram have targeted Daura. Daura of all places. It means Buhari (the greatest fear of GEJ and PDP) is no more safe. It means Buhari will be more interested in his personal security than organising to win votes come 2015. Remember Adamawa SOE will nuetralise Atiku and his axis. With Kaura now, Buhari will be nuetralised and GEJ will have an easy ride.

I want somebody to tell me that all these are not true.

It is unfortunate the Igbos lead the fight to secure more money for the oil producing states via Deriviation. But the massive money secured by Deriviation has been utilised to intimidate the Nigerian state through state sponsored Terrorism and not to develop Niger delta. There wouldn't have been Militants without Deriviation. The Deriviation money was diverted to fun the militants of Niger Delta by Odili, Ibori and Alams. The Deriation money and (today) the Nigerian state resources is being deployed to destroy the North for the sole aim of keeping the President with GEJ. If GEJ has not been clueless, I wouldn't care much. But GEJ is clueless. He has handed over power to cabals who are bent in destroying Nigeria for their private burses.

Nigerian beware. For the measntime, I advise Buhari to relocate to Abuja because, very soon there will be a stray bullet that will take his life. The Nigerian state with its criminal rulership is afraid of what Buhari can do with the masses. They know it and can feel it.

Buhari, Please relocate to Abuja for the time being, if you have survived the shooting lasthl night.

The north and their conspiracy theories.
Well av never heard bh calling Jonathans name before detonating a bomb. Neither did MEND drag God into their struggles. They were not intrested in killing or burning down fellow nija delterns property...
The North keeps pointin a finger to d south while pointn 4 at themselvs. The north must learn to blame herself first.

4 Likes

Re: Explosion & Gunshots In Daura, Katsina State by Soso990240(m): 7:51am On May 17, 2013
lacasa: And some idiat will tell me this is not an anti-north crusade being played out angry

Yar'adua cleared n caught the REAL bokoHaram in 2009 where the leader was unceremoniously killed sef.

But under Badluck Jonathan, militants r given billion naira govt contracts, and the north is being targeted for destruction under the pretext of "BokoHaram" angry

#... My ddear North, God Will surely carve a way out for the righteous

(Nemesis will catch up to them)
i pity u..militancy and terrorism na d same? Hw many mosque/churches and human lives did d militants destroy? And what make u thnk dat anybdy is fightin aboki? 4 what nah? Wetin dm get?wetin dey their land?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senator Akinyelure Denies Voting For Under-age Marriage / Election Tribunal: PDP, Atiku Miss Chance To Present 400 Witnesses In 10 Days / Lawyers Disagree Over Sanwo-Olu’s Attempt To Takeover Corruption Cases From EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.